Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

https://twitter.com/ThePubliusUSA/s...D786%23lastpost

Only the best people (who get HIGH AS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK before a deposition.)

Man that’s some poo poo. Like geez, dude probably should have smoked a bowl before they started recording.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ded posted:

It's kinda cool how the CDC is not allowing hospitals to test for covid-19. Can't have more cases if you don't test for it!

That strategy’s working well for bigly strong country China, so we can do it even better!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

breaking news

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This just means insulin will no longer be offered for sale in that state.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I love how that still works even after all this time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Somehow Cowboy Mouth managed to catch my attention in 2000. They had precisely one hit, back in like 1995, called Jenny Says. I pretty much bought their discography over the years. A lot of their albums are recycling songs from previous albums, but they put on loving amazing live shows. Fred LeBlanc (drummer/singer) just goes apeshit about having fun and they're always at the top of my list for best live shows I've seen.

They played a free concert at my college around then and I’ve seen them five or six times since then. They’re not as good as they were when Paul was still with them and Fred and John have had a hard time keeping two other people with them for more than a year or so but I’ll still turn out for a show. On a bad night they’ll still bring the house down.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Delta Airlines is projecting at least 80% drop in Q2 revenue.

That’s... bad.

We’re going to see at least one of the big three crumble and probably a bunch of the lovely low cost carriers too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

This.

Also if Spirit airlines goes under, it might have all been worth it. gently caress that lovely airline.

Gotta get the combo with Frontier for it to count.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SimonCat posted:

So, how many new births vs how many divorces will result from everyone staying at home for the next few months?

Gonna be a bunch of fetal alcohol syndrome babies in 2021.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SimonCat posted:

That's an ugly thought.

You don't know how wrong I want to be about that. :(

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lol

We’re all getting the pervasive omnipresent surveillance state worldwide forever after this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Chuckled irl at the sign.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

egyptian rat race posted:

WSJ had an article yesterday where vacation communities like Napa, Tahoe and beach towns are experiencing skyrocketing rental increases due to the rich fleeing NY/New England cities. Public officials are begging them not to. Because their hospitals and infrastructure can't handle an outbreak at peak season occupancy.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-coronavirus-hits-new-yorkers-wonder-if-they-should-leave-11584897686

The comments will make you want to invest in a guillotine

Seems like it’s going to be a self-correcting problem soon enough.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Meanwhile, in Trump's view, hydroxycholoroquinine is the cure, social distancing can end next week, and we can just put the whole thing behind us.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...83f0_story.html

Also Trump is lying about automakers making ventilators, surprise surprise.

https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status/1242098837667352580

Well, even though the president had access to nuclear weapons, turns out he didn’t need them to destroy America.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

I285 in Atlanta has had no traffic at all. If you've ever lived or been down here, that should be kind of spooky.

Wow, yeah. I was in Atlanta on a particular Tuesday in 2001 and being the only car on 85 South coming by Georgia Tech while the overhead signs said STATE OF EMERGENCY was pretty eerie.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Number go up, but not the one he wanted!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What are these from?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BurningChrome posted:

Someone didnt see Midsommar

Nope, didn’t look interesting to me. Thanks!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BurningChrome posted:

You missed out

I just looked at a plot synopsis. I’m OK skipping this one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

edit: nope

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

Good. Anyone who comes out and says "its okay if 1-8 million people need to die because NUMBER HAS TO GO UP AND THE ECONOMY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD," seriously needs to die.

Someone who claims to work for the UN in another thread said that the UN has had no COVID-19 deaths among its staff or in subsidiary organizations yet so this may be a bogus tweet.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yeah hi that’s me. FWIW, this is the guy who died

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/634294-maj-gen-s-son-dies-of-covid-19-in-us

According to some people I know at that agency, he was a 26 year old IT contractor and had no role whatsoever in crafting or executing policy, and again, he didn’t die from COVID.

poo poo, sorry, you were in this thread! For some reason I thought it was somewhere else. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidNakamura/status/1243645428257763335

We're about to get a decent test of the asymptomatic carrier theory. The Capitol is more or less a biohazard zone and those people were hanging out there for days. All the White House does for pre-screening is take temperatures.

I hope Rand Paul was giving sloppy kisses with lots of tongue to everyone at the White House and both chambers of Congress before getting his test results back.