Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tag and trade never results in much as far as a draft pick. Miami should absolutely look into potentially giving a 4 or 5. But Jax has to know the history of these things is so drat “meh”

Arik Armstead + YN would pretty much solidify our DL imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Can't imagine we'd spend that much on one position. I'd be fine with giving up a 5th for YN, but not much more.

I'm also increasingly of the view that they'll spend on 7-8 mid tier guys rather than risk the chemistry with 3-4 megabucks guys.

Several things - first, yeah. That’s what Grier said we’re gonna do (the 7-8 mid tier guys) and we’ve been parroting it in AFCE for months. It absolutely fits his mantra. I’d say you can pen that one in ink.

Second - Armstead and YN are two entirely different types of linemen. They’d both be starters.

Or DJ Reader + YN. We need a 3-4 NT, a true 3-4 RE, and a pass rushing OLB/4-3 LE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Frank Clark tag and trade was for a late 1st and late 2nd round pick. Dee Ford went for a high 2nd round pick. Nobody is getting Ngakoue for a day 3 pick.

Frank Clark was way better imo but Dee Fords a good comparison. Hm.

I like YN but he’s wants to be paid 20mm+ and he’s not a pure disrupted by himself. He’s not Mack. Maybe i undervalue him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

If you can get Yannick for a 2 you pull the trigger. He's dominant and not even in his prime yet. Even if you have to pay him around $20m that's probably going to be a decent deal when the cap goes up like it's supposed too under the new deal.

You know... i do keep forgetting the salary cap is potentially shooting up freaking 10-15%

D-LINK posted:

I'd be skeptical of expecting Ngakoue to dominate without someone like Calais Campbell on the opposite side, who is currently a better player.

It'd be like big paying Bud Dupree

This is me. If you don’t have a big defender they’re scared of on the inside or opposite outside they’ll just run at him all day. Hell still get stats and put up stuff but I think he’s more of a piece you add to a unit versus bring in to flat out fix the situation which is what a Frank Clark was

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait what? Why? HOW?

What do they want?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And he’s locked into contract until 2023?

Man. I’d be pumped if Miami could turn a 2 into him

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

2021. The last 2 years of his contract are dummy years to spread the signing bonus hit out.

Any team that trades for him will be most likely making him the highest paid guard in the league.

The final year seems to be a dummy year but the year before that has no void and it looks rather low. Is there a better breakdown of it somewhere?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I still think everyone’s overvaluing what they’ll get

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Some of these reports say Carolina would release him under certain circumstances... wtf?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If Bouye is getting a 4 phew

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

Kiko Alonso for Shady McCoy.

Kiko Alonso for Vince Biegel as well

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oakland
Or
Tampa

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

JPrime posted:

what team even plays in oakland these days

Whoops poo poo
Edit Miami offered Teddy 2/16 last year

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doctor Teeth posted:

I'm worried the Chiefs are going to trade Chris Jones :(

God help me I’d love me some chris Jones

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a patagonian cavy posted:

lol if the fins wildly overpay a good to great DT again

Jones isn’t Suh, let’s not be crazy, but absolutely no way we’re doing any of those contracts

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve seen it

The dumbest mock draft

Miami pays Dak after all of miamis 2020 picks are given to Dallas lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And several of the “pundits” argued how it was still a bad trade for Dallas lol what do they think Dax is??

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What’s this rumor in tff about Seattle trading for YN?

I’m curious what they get considering the earlier debate on value

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He’s gonna suck at everything he tries to do in life aside from football.

Not finances or marketing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

He's Vanilla Ice, is what you're saying

Ironic as all hell you bring up a local legend in my area in Vanilla Ice haha

He’s actually an impressive marketer. He turned his name into a powersports company, and later real estate. He does exceptionally well!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He wanted to stay in Indy or Retire.

16.5 isnt some discount for a guy his age, no?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How is he so bad at this

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m excited to hear in 2022 what Flores says to Byron Jones in 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
8-9 concussions worth of fun Id day

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

No Irish Need Imply posted:

he's watching again because he doesn't care about Giovani Bernard thank you very much.

Good

Once you realize they’re cattle it becomes much more fun!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good for Drew Brees

Using that jimmy johns freaky delivery for good

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

The chargers sell out every game.

Tampa on the other hand

Tampa sells over 2x more tickets. Looks like LAC has 117% capacity but a purchase rate of 38% so basically tons of freebies from businesses I’m guessing.

But then again the LAC thing is completely one off and Spanos is a moron etc but phew is that franchise spiraling -outside of the football field

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Mr. Nice, you're a lawyer, right? What would you call a client who signed a contract they didn't read?

Lol you’d call them a client dude. 99% of people, yourself included, have no idea what they agree to.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

I've also never agreed to anything nearly as important as a multi-billion dollar contract.

You know, this is fair. I’ve become jaded but i absolutely remember being floored at the times i would explain a very basic limitation or requirement of our contract, like say the freakin term of length, and they’d openly argue. Then you’d realize they only skimmed and misunderstood an 8 figure contract

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

OxySnake posted:

Print the Ehud was right shirts.

Did i miss this being called? Everyone seems to be saying it’s Armando making poo poo up. He hasn’t been close with this regiment at all, so if there is any truth in the sense he was told this - it really feels like a smoke screen

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I don’t even know what the hell I post anymore

How would you feel about it?

How would you feel about it if it were for 5/18/26?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Here’s what I posted in the draft thread the other say:

So yeah, I’m fine either way with a slight edge to Burrow over Tua.

I think they both kick rear end though.

Now... what if it’s 5/18/26/Texans 1st?

I think I’m honestly okay with giving up all 3 firsts. I really am. Tua feels good and would feel great to grab at 5 but his injury concerns are legitimate. Other people living in denial of that, and repeating “OH he’ll be fine!” doesn’t relieve the fact he’s never finished a healthy season.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think that's certainly a possibility, but I think if that's the case I think they'd have to have a conviction about Burrow strong enough to be exploring a trade-up either way.

I know there are rumors that a lot of teams want to do this, but push comes to shove I'm sure the Dolphins could pretty easily start sliding picks into 2021 and have the mobility to move around for almost whoever they want then, if needed.

I agree completely, and the vibe in the building apparently is that the Texans 2021 pick is being viewed by Grier as a top 10 value. Now, it’s exactly the same opinion we heard him have on the Pittsburgh pick, which is why he chose Pittsburgh’s 1st over Seattle’s 1+5, so it can absolutely backfire. And in more than one way! It could either be a motto
1st OR ....

I’m scared we’re going to be fast and loose with that 2021 Dolphins 1st. 5/18/26/2021 1st for Burrow.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I think we're gonna end up drafting Herbert because we're a stupid, lovely franchise

tarbrush posted:

I would be flabbergasted if they did this. I think they're much more likely to white-knuckle it at five and pick whichever of Tua or Herbert drops. If neither drops I can see them going on tilt and doing something weird.

My best guess remains 5 and 26 for 3, and then picking Tua

I really really don’t see them drafting Herbert. There’s more smoke in the Love camp than Herbert camp. I guess the interviews with Flores and Grier did not go well with Herbert

It’d be amazing to see them actually understand you don’t go all in for ONE shot because of job pressure

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We saw him develop two guys this year alone, which is a hell of a lot more than you can ever say for Philbin or Gase.

And the word around the agent realm is guys were legitimately looking at Miami as a preferred destination partly because of what Flores got out of his guys. If you’re a backup / fringe starter who knows you can do better, you pick the hot team and hope for the big 3rd deal.

I have a lot of faith in Flores, but the mass exodus of coaches gave a lot of people (rightful) pause. After seeing and hearing the full explanations of everyone leaving you kinda see a situation that looks good for Miami, not bad.

Ultimately this all means nothing if we don’t find a QB tho!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 1, 2020

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

D-LINK posted:

What? No he isn't, he had 6 INTs, 3 FF and 2 defensive TDs, and played at FS the whole season. Tomlin doesn't ask him to do anything but play center field, and he's killer at it

He’s referring to this -

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/07/minkah-fitzpatrick-wants-to-be-moving-piece-on-the-chessboard-in-2020/

And honestly his dip in production was obvious. Several of those INTs were pure flukes, not the result of any tremendous play by him TBH. But he’s still a stud and they have a an amazing FS for the price of 18. Great trade by Pitt.

And Flores didn’t run him out of town. That’s an incredibly incorrect understanding of the situation

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

D-LINK posted:

Yeah, he'll get to do more this season, as do all 2nd year players on Pittsburgh's notoriously hard-to-learn defense. Not being snarky, just saying Tomlin/Butler always keep rookie and new player's workload simple

Oh i don’t think you were the one who said Flores ran him out of town! I actually don’t recall who said that.

Omar seems to hate Flores which tells me he’s doing
Something right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Justin Jefferson is my favorite receiver this draft so he’s gonna bust much like my previous favorite, the WVU kid who was shot in the head