Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

So as far as I can tell, we so far don't have any reason whatsoever for building the base we have, when the escape pod is so close. Is there something I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

These videos are getting addictive, DN. What are you doing to me?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Bloops Crusts posted:

I believe Brother Mantid and Brother Whaler live there, and the Sisters, and Master Color. ;)

Thanks for the heads up, Gold Eyes.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

By popular demand posted:

Re: Fecking crabs:
there's this mod that allows to disable creatures and since the crabs only appear in a couple of places you miss nothing by removing them.
https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/92

I'm reminded of the mod someone did for Morrowind that removes the cliff racers. And the mod that makes them split into 3 when killed. And the mod that puts them in Skyrim. And...

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Yyyyeah, that's not good. :(

azren
Feb 14, 2011

PRAWN Suit: Colossus. Main: Silver, secondary: red and yellow. https://imgur.com/gallery/CIWvz

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Shei-kun posted:

There's only option for the Prawn.

Name: Power Suit
Colors: Yellow, Gold, Red.

...Can I change my vote? Because this is way better.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

So what is structural integrity used for? Like, I assume the base might be in danger of attack in more hazardous biomes, but what's it for here?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

malkav11 posted:

I've seen a number of people assume Ryley is a male name (here and elsewhere), but it's not gender specific. And I haven't seen any sign that the game assigns a gender to the protagonist otherwise, so I don't think that we can assume that. (Indeed, my suspicion is that it's deliberately not explicit so that players can identify however they would like to.)

The voice clips we hear upon injury sound male to me, but I'm willing to shrug my shoulders and accept whatever.

Very much looking forward to seeing some of these nastier super predators, though. The creature design in this game is great! and fairly horrifying.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Why? It's mostly showing off what Alterra's society is like.

DoubleNegative went through the little plot line in reverse. If you come through the other way, you first see the message from the Prawn bay guy inviting someone to try out the suits. Then you go to his room and see the official advice on how people of means deserve to get everything including in relationships, and if your partner wants to see someone else then you should spend time thinking about how to be richer. Then you see the message with the girl breaking up with her girlfriend, quoting that advice verbatim.

It's a demonstration of the lovely capitalist society of Alterra, along with other bits and pieces like the notification you'll be charged for all the gold and diamonds you used to survive.

Yeah, this was all I really saw it as, too. It's loving awful, and does a great job of expressing how utterly hosed the society is. It almost makes me wonder if we wouldn't be happier just staying here.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Okay, I don't know if it's possible, but I would love to see the Queen Bee do a breach like you can with the smaller vehicles. Like, once from a camera or two and once from inside. I am easily amused.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

DEAR SWEET MOTHER OF MOSES WHAT IS THAT TERRIFYING BEAST

Man, which one? There are several.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

So what happens if you decide to fight a Ghost with your PRAWN? Is that viable, or suicide?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Apparently my question about punching giant ghost fish in the teeth was appropriately timed...

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I'd like to see the rest of the arm attachments for the Prawn, if there are any.

AltaBrown posted:

Use the Repulsion cannon on the Sea Moth.
Use the Repulsion cannon on the Cyclops.
Use the Repulsion cannon on E V E R T H I N G.

Also, this. The way people are talking, I really want to see this thing in action; video game physics are amazing. I really hope you can ragdoll Reapers.

I noticed something about torpedoes on some vehicles, but nobody's talked about them. Are they just absolutely crappy or something?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Oh jeez, I just realized that there's something else I'd like to see if it's possible, but it would basically be speedrunning the game on a new file. I'd love to see if it's possible to save the Sunbeam by finishing the game before it gets shot out of the sky.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Okay I haven't been tremendously intimidated by the reapers, but that sea dragon is loving terrifying! I love the creature design in this game, it does such a beautiful job of making the things you find weird and, well, alien at the very least, and loving horrifying at the worst.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

A screenshot from being stuck halfway into the floor, and the phrase "Watch your step."

Also, a cuddlefish egg, a laser cutter, and some other nice quality of life things. Maybe a cutting from one of the rare plants?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

It's impressive that we only knew the Sea Emperor (Empress?) for about 15 minutes of video, and I was really sad to see it die. At least it got to see its babies get born, and know that they were going to be free. :unsmith:

Also, that line about being so small as to see the gaps between grains of sand was really cool. Rest in peace, giant psychic fish friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

This LP has been a lot of fun, thanks for sharing it with us! I'm sad to see it go...