Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

we did it. we beat the virus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I am glad I have today off because I don't want to deal with lovely April Fool's jokes by coworkers.

Well jokes on you, you actually have to work today.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xepherra posted:

whatup nite crew it’s ya girl. I’m here to be drunk and :justpost: because I’m an EMT and probably gonna get sick maybe gonna die.

One of my coworkers died of COVID19 complications yesterday, age 33. We have another EMT on a ventilator, he’s 25 years old.

Now that I’ve got the vodka in me all I wanna do is make noise so here we are. I’ve been off for a few days but going back to work tomorrow night and EVERYTHING IS FINE :tif:

My special request post mortem is for people to blow some poo poo up and build a guillotine tia.

you’re the Bernie button guy, right? can I PM you about making a custom button?

loving hell... where at?

Good luck friend.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xepherra posted:

Land of the commuters, home of the taylor ham, NJ. :patriot:

Thanks for the well wishes, all. In other news, when I ordered my new laptop on newegg today they added 5 surgimasks for free lmao 2020 sux

OK just stay healthy and stay sane.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hi,

This did not happen.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

charity rereg posted:

ok good but its believable :sweatdrop: i see the reply saying no police report.

Yeah even a 1 second google search turns up nothing.

xrunner posted:

How do you know? We’re you there when it didn’t happen? Did you personally not shoot her?

See above.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I didn't find a single other story about this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Radirot posted:

$2000? wtf that has to be some premium tier poo poo cause if not that family is hosed. $600 dollar increase on whatever ain’t gonna cut it.

It doesn't seem that crazy.

A guy at my gym who owns his own business pays $1400 for he and his wife.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Civilized Fishbot posted:

My understanding is that the dumb reason is that if they have to keep flying certain routes or the airports might give those slots to other airlines

The FAA stopped that rule a while ago when things started going downhill

Also united airlines is losing 100M a week and the 400 million the government is offering won’t really do jack and poo poo for them in the long run.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

no pubes yet sorry posted:

Reported US coronavirus cases via @CNN:

5 weeks ago: 69 cases
4 weeks ago: 444 cases
3 weeks ago: 2,826 cases
2 weeks ago: 25,740 cases
1 week ago: 121,285 cases
Right now: 311,544 cases

Doesn't really seem like a big deal to me.

America is winning like we normally do.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

#masks4all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZtEX2-n2Hc

Masks for everyone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

etalian posted:

well the fan shows this quarantine camp picture wasn't taken in South Korea.

the power plugs look right :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

wait is someone legit questioning if depression will end up killing more than the virus?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

what’s the problem here?

they shouldn’t have been out.

it’s not that complicated.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

hmm streets are empty and not interacting with anyone else? that’s a paddlin’

yes going out in the rain to teach a new driver how to drive is perfectly logical...

I’m not sure if people understand the difference between essential and non essential.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

uncertainty posted:

Since one of the biggest issues is healthcare & emergency rooms being overloaded, taking your kid out for driving lessons seems the opposite of what you should be doing.
this

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

pulling people over and engaging in close physical contact to hand them a $2000 ticket in the middle of an economic collapse also doesn't seem very smart

so then don’t enforce it at all and let people do what they want. That clearly seems to be working.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

somnambulist posted:

Thank you. I’m 35, 5’7 160 lbs (probably closer to 145-150 now, i was barely eating for like 3 weeks) and no preexisting conditions whatsoever and it loving rocked me. I’m hoping the worst is over now.

Congrats on the weightloss!

Glad you are getting better. I've been hearing the same story from a people that I know that have gotten it. It loving rocks their world like nothing they've had before and they are young fit and healthy as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CODChimera posted:

are people still taking the aquarium cleaning pills? what the hell

don’t kink shame me plz

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Frog Act posted:

my girlfriend had a part time job at a headshop, that she’s always insisted she could live without. she also teaches. I live with my parents who are 63 and 67.

they offered her shifts starting this week. the store is by “appointment only” and one customer at a time. i think I basically can’t see her if she’s working directly with the public because of what that could mean for my parents

she thinks I’m being unreasonable. am I?

You are not being unreasonable.

She has public contact and its not unreasonable for you to tell her that. If she lives by her self she should just keep it that way till this passes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What kinda dumbass headline is this?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

this is the president the DNC wants.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Looks kinda dusty.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Trader Joe's has a real good beer bread mix.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

what the gently caress is this

it’s season 3 of jack Ryan

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

in n out always seemed overrated but it's also the only fast food joint I've ever seen that had lines that dominated the parking lots and even curled into the streets, mindblowing poo poo

In n out is very good and they pay their employees very well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zoodpipe posted:

My mother was a flight attendant for USAir / American - One of her friends who is still working sent her this video of the parking lot formerly known as the Pittsburgh International Airport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUZMl6KtfL4

Yeah a lot of airlines are running out of room to park their planes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Often Abbreviated posted:

Don't even N95 masks do basically nothing if you don't wear them right and maintain the seal i.e 99% of people wearing them might as well not be?

No.

Wear a mask.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

so what are the odds they did this on purpose to try to shrink the homeless population

0 loving % you weirdo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

now that is A+ marketing lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

just to be clear i wasn't talking about the virus in general. i'm talking about the foot dragging on putting homeless people in their own hotel rooms rather than keeping them in shelters.

again 0%.

putting people in hotels isn’t as easy as people think it is.

I’m sure it’s going to happen eventually but it’s not a snap your fingers thing and it’s done.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Are restaurants still stocked up well? I was thinking of ordering a hundred trump bucks worth of chicken wings tomorrow from a local wings place and just freezing them and work through them in the next couple of months, but don't know if that is an rear end in a top hat move or not.

why would it be an rear end in a top hat move?

like restaurants are definitely hurting for business.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Gotta buy a Switch with my trumpbux!

...might buy a switch always wanted to play the new zelda. R there any other hood games for it that arent for babiez

yeah there are lots.

the switch is fun and good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fosborb posted:

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1248681877159936003

lmao if i had to deal with a bunch of peoples selfies taped to their PPE id sign the DNR right then and there and crimp the o2 tube

I’m the dude using his headshot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tei posted:

Funerals are high risk, about the first thing that got cancelled in places with lock-downs. Do people still have them? how stupid is that.

Theres really one quote for everything.

here in LA they are still taking the covid bodies to mortuaries.

A woman I work with, her daughter is an undertaker and has been picking up lots of covid bodies.

:shrug:

she said they are extra super wrapped up but still.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

this is the weirdest timeline

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Over Easy posted:

Anyone get their corona dollars yet?

someone in the bitcoin thread got a reprieve from paying rent for the next 90 days so they are buying bitcoin with theirs.

No that is not a joke.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MorrisBae posted:

They are testing dead last out of all the states in Tests per 1 Million of population

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Shipon posted:

i'm not one to defend newsom but as far as i can tell, california is actually handling this about as well as a state in the united states can (washington's probably the only place doing better)

Yeah this. I really get the sense that it is all smoke and mirrors in CA.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just da flu NBD.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

somnambulist posted:

I dunno, I'm in Los Angeles and people are wearing masks, my whole family (even people who lean conservative) are taking it pretty seriously, theres barely any activity on the roads (the pollution is literally gone) - i mean yeah testing is low, but that doesnt necessarily mean its smoke and mirrors, people arent going to rush out and get tested if they dont feel symptoms. I literally had the coronavirus, went to the ER, they tested me, came back positive and im 35.

Is it perfect? Of course not, the county has 10 million people and a LOT of ground to cover, but I'm pretty proud of how LA has been handling it so far.

I am also In LA by the beach and LOL at the number of people out today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ardennes posted:

Everyone Is going to disagree with me but don’t smoke weed, drink booze.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

you're right about one thing