Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
First page, hello from hellworld to all you future historians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Is that Don Cherry dressed like a samurai.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Awesome, my wife is a public health epidemiologist working on covid response, and the 6 month old laptop I gave her to use for wfh had its cooling fans just crap out.

Guess she has to go into the office tomorrow where I'm terrified for her, since they don't have enough laptops for critical staff to borrow.

What are the odds I can cry hard enough at HP support tomorrow that they overnight me an rma replacement?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Xepherra posted:

whatup nite crew it’s ya girl. I’m here to be drunk and :justpost: because I’m an EMT and probably gonna get sick maybe gonna die.

One of my coworkers died of COVID19 complications yesterday, age 33. We have another EMT on a ventilator, he’s 25 years old.

Now that I’ve got the vodka in me all I wanna do is make noise so here we are. I’ve been off for a few days but going back to work tomorrow night and EVERYTHING IS FINE :tif:

My special request post mortem is for people to blow some poo poo up and build a guillotine tia.

you’re the Bernie button guy, right? can I PM you about making a custom button?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU-mEsCk3D8

Zisky
May 6, 2003

twoday posted:

That sucks! put some ice packs on it and under it in the meantime maybe :confused:

Yeah maybe icepacks with a dishtowel in between would work till I have a replacement figured out, good idea.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Yeah if I raise it up on two books with an ice pack in the middle (not touching) I think we're good to go. Thanks y'all.

Edit: lovely snipe, have a pic of my dog

Zisky
May 6, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah if the BIOS supports it there might be an option to turn off boosting; the only other thing is to undervolt it to reduce temperatures but that's not something I'm prepared to recommend or diagnose over the forums

do NOT stick it in the fridge - if it becomes cooler than ambient temperature it's going to cause condensation to form on the circuits

Yeah that's what I'm worried about with the freezer/direct ice pack option. I'll make sure the power settings are set to maximize efficiency. Ice pack at a distance+external fan should be fine I think.

Edit:
I blew air into the heat sinks, I can dig for my electronics screwdriver kit but I think the most used ones are too worn to get the screws out without destroying them (it's a smaller laptop). Honestly just looking at the exhaust it doesn't look like there's anything gunking it up. The main fan spins up hard for about 3 seconds on bootup then just gives in before the error message shows up, and after bootup there's no fan activity whatsoever and high 90s temps in the monitor.

Zisky has issued a correction as of 10:27 on Apr 1, 2020

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Well, gently caress.

One of my dad's friends just died from covid. His wife couldn't be with him, of course, she was alerted via phone.

He was in his 50s, no underlying conditions, on a ventilator since last week but listed as stable as recently as yesterday. Just like a bunch of the other reports.

I'm keeping my parents locked in their house forever, looks like.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

CBC != CBS

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Wow, quite the scrambling they're doing publicly right now.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

My family friend/union brother that died was, at least per his Facebook, doing all the right things in terms of social distancing/staying at home as of several weeks ago.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

what's happening

Nobody has any answers. Everyone is clearly on edge.

Trump jumping in to Trumpsplain from off camera as soon as someone else starts talking.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Dog Toothbrush posted:

Colorado has southern California by the balls. You can balkanize but your water fee will now be our state budget.

Invade Colorado, now.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Californians famously make great land use and resource decisions

Owens Lake had plenty of water last time I checked!

Zisky
May 6, 2003

shovelbum posted:

Yeah I think it's in the air or water or something in America right or else social distancing would actually do something

Just takes one trip to the grocery store my dude. Social distancing doesn't mean poo poo when you don't have soldiers delivering you supplies, I guess.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Don't forget singing is just as bad as coughing! Good luck to the Balcony Beyoncés.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Central Casting...Drink!

Zisky
May 6, 2003

BrokenGameboy posted:

There's one teeny tiny little problem there. Colorado houses nukes.

They can't launch them without federal authorization, correct? Unless we're still doing the "hey we just got the code, let's grab our keys" thing.

Feds can't authorize for poo poo as we speak, let alone when states are trying to nuke eachother.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Seems like antidepressants may have been a big deal after all?

Edit:
I take no pleasure in making light of this dude's death :(

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

People ain't that dumb, they're going to notice it.

8 minutes till the end of April fools day.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

I mean at least he was honest.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/Agenzia_Italia/status/1245772406091845633?s=20

Wow! Apparently there is a whole sector of the Italian economy that makes eggs out of chocolate! Or rather, there was

I prefer operating in the other kind of chocolate sector.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Hahaha :yeshaha:

Zisky
May 6, 2003

America is loving trash.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

CPA Hell posted:

tomorrow night I’m making that instapot chili con carne someone posted in here like a month ago.

10/10 would recommend. Really delicious and crazy easy.

Edit:

My Chinese dog in honor of a Chinese virus.

Zisky has issued a correction as of 23:45 on Apr 2, 2020

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Israel is also loving trash.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

Dax's new host is adorable.

Showing DS9 to my wife after we got our dog has been really fun.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Beautiful. I wonder what he's thinking?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

ryanrs posted:

I've been contemplating breaking shelter-in-place to go camping. The places I go aren't real campgrounds, just 4x4 roads in the desert where I can shoot guns and build fires and stuff. On one hand, if I wear gloves when getting gas, is it really a problem? On the other hand, lookit all these dumbasses self-owning, I don't want to be like them.

This would be in BLM land in the Mojave.

Don't do it, I love Mojave too but it's just not worth it.

It's a huge bummer because it's gonna be a beautiful spring with all the recent rain, but now is just not the time.

Edit:
I hope Indian Wells brewing company comes through this okay, not the best beer but a great stop off.

Zisky has issued a correction as of 08:49 on Apr 5, 2020

Zisky
May 6, 2003

twoday posted:

Just saw this from a while back

Better than 1488 I guess?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

ryanrs posted:

The thing that's really stopping me is my van doesn't have 4WD, so getting stuck is a real possibility. It's never happened because I use pretty good judgement, but I wouldn't want to be literally the only person out there all week. Usually when I go I see at least a few trucks everyday, but dunno about now.

Oh well, next year I guess.

You wouldn't be, people are being idiots and doing exactly what you want to do.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

lawd help me im cummin!!

How big is this ice chest, not that I need anyplace to put spare bodies or anything...

Zisky
May 6, 2003

I demand to know why I have never seen this video.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Maybe don't make your 5G towers look like IG-88 if you don't want scruffy hooligans to blow them up.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

I want to just day drink and watch movies but I have to be on a Zoom call at 4 because it's my niece's birthday and we all have to sing her Happy Birthday.

You say that like you can't drunkenly sing.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Spoondick posted:

coughing tiger, hidden dragon

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Imagine all the people ... Hoping Bojo dies... ooohooohoooo

Zisky
May 6, 2003

friendly 2 da void posted:

italy has a national lockdown. outdoor physical activity is banned entirely. only one member of the household can go outside per day.

nyc has a wet fart in comparison. the parks are packed. subways are stuffed rear end-to-elbow. traffic is flowing in and out of the city.

america's half-assed approach isn't gonna do poo poo lmao. the best hope for your outcome is that they undercount the bodies and cases even more than they already do.

gently caress everywhere not implementing these common sense measures. If the threat of a second wave is bad enough, I really hope Newsom has the wherewithal to close our borders entirely. It's time to start considering how we're going to proceed once the initial wave is subsiding and chud states are still "HEY Y'ALL"ing themselves into their graves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Stairmaster posted:

Should I do more or less weed

Depends on how it interacts with your anxiety, if you have any.

If you don't, get high as hell and ride this out!

Personally I haven't smoked anything more than my pen (before sleep) in days. 2 hits from a pipe has been sending me into the dark place, like, immediately.