Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://i.imgur.com/a9QBwcG.mp4

SOUND
https://i.imgur.com/msb495E.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Dustcat posted:

did trump actually order the intervention that would result in that extremely optimistic curve

he changed a number on a postcard

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Xaris posted:

strap in because another 9/11 is about to hit america, everyday, for the next month

lies

some days will have multiple 9/11's

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Hawaii will be independent with a restored monarchy.

Kamehameha!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Paramemetic posted:

Based on present numbers the US has fewer serious/critical cases by population than other countries at only 2.5% of cases being serious/critical, but also a higher mortality at 2% or so.

I am guessing some of that is because of catching patients early at ERs and discharging them before they deteriorate, so I am guessing our number of critical patients will trend up as the number of total cases starts to level.

I guess a bit part of that is just testing capacity and the number of known cases at this point, but I think other countries are seeing a higher rate of serious/critical and a lower rate of death and I can't help but think that's because people ain't going to hospitals.

there are bodies rotting in homes as we speak, uncounted

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

spaceblancmange posted:

So did the prayer day not work?

son of a bitch i had my prayer box set on "pandemic" instead of "no pandemic" this whole time

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

models won't show excess deaths from unavailable healthcare resources too, which be be another big killer in the next month

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Platystemon posted:

I think this one is a loss edit, but I’m not sure. They’re so abstract these days.

fixed

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Radirot posted:

Maybe you're right its hard to tell without audio.

Here's the crows I saw

https://i.imgur.com/U9AAbOn.mp4

they plannin something

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

:rip: holywood

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

hahaha hobby lobby tried to reopen in wi and oh

ignore what that sign says. the local cops shut their asses down.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

all the jerkweeds and cumsneakers that scream "but car crashes" are of course too thick to realize that most traffic deaths = dying for capitalism

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Thoguh posted:

People are definitely doing a lot of binge drinking. They just are doing it at home so don't have to drive afterword.

i would imagine the social factor greatly increases likelihood of acute alcohol poisoning

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

thought this was an onion post at first and they had to close the grand canyon because some guy coughed on it

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

[COVID-19 April] The Space Between Frightening and Blunder

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

MarcusSA posted:

Hi,

This did not happen.

??

https://okcfox.com/news/local/ou-medical-nurse-victim-of-act-of-violence-on-her-way-to-work

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

meat stranding

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i like how a nerd who invented the idea of a bank but on the internet is basically einstein to most americans just because he's rich

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

chronovirus ate my balls

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

a helpful bear posted:

this apocalypse is far less cool than i was led to believe in media

time to ban books and movies for fake news

i prefer my apocalypses to at least have red skies and laments carried on a fell wind

this poo poo is boring

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

uhhhh, ill get a double double 9/11-style

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQSo5VCJic

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

piss like no one is watching

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Agean90 posted:

Never forget that unemployment numbers are cooked to look lower than they actually are

turns out unemployment is only 6%, since all those people aren't actually looking for jobs

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i will not log off

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

florida is actively trying to turn itself blue

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Homeless Friend posted:

depends on state probably, cali has provision for covid that basically just says you have to ready to work which sounds meaningless lol

federal ui guidelines still say you must be able to work- not sick, disabled, or otherwise prevented from being available for full time

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

in corona america, sailor remember trump

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Salt Fish posted:

Nobody can tell you the answer, but I would guess that the main driver is socioeconomic. Black people are still going to work because they're essential while white people are staying home because they're tech bros. Combine this with Michigan's packed minority cities and white sub-sub-suburbs and you get this outcome.

here is milwaukee

i'd post ethnicity map, but i kinda just did

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Jimong5 posted:

This looks more like a population density map than an ethnicity map. Like look at the cases around UW-M and Whitefish Bay. Downtown is also showing not that many cases, but truth is not a lot of people live downtown.

This seems more like a case of black people living in urban areas, where the spread is quicker because urban people interact with more people and things people have touched on a daily basis.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Jimong5 posted:

None of this refutes a theory of density though. Like that dense band of white people along the lake up through Shorewood are showing up as red areas on the cases map. Same thing with dense, white suburbs like Whitefish Bay and West Allis.

those dense areas in whitefish bay and shorewood show a reduction, though, for some odd reason

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

invoke ppe

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

first 9/11 took 92 years, second took 2 1/2 months, third took 3 days

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

breaking: rugby island devastated by spacegodzilla death corona

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

"mr paul, is there anything you'd like to say before we intubate you? it may be your last chance"

"the gun is good"

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

jimmy crack coup and trump don't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Paramemetic posted:

Yeah I agree with this. Every big boomer brained Cold War idiot you know who thinks America are the actual global good guys and a force for good and all this poo poo pale in comparison to the level of propaganda and brainwashing that has been leveled at these guys at the highest ranks of the military over decades and like the guys in charge of the intelligence community, etc.

Like the guys who actually have the power to launch a coup are not the Atomwaffe shithead enlisted guys that would actually want to launch a coup.

yeah we don't get coups we get cia assassinations

good thing trump never pissed off the intelligence community