Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Feeling kinda stressed out by this massive and growing wave of death and suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Covid thread sounding shook tonight

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Island wide mandatory lockdown is now 7pm in Puerto Rico.

It's cool, I can sit on my balcony over a usually busy street and just listen to the coqui frogs

Also got a mother loving HAMMOCK in the mail today for the balcony!! I'm ready for anything now

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

that's exactly what it sounds like rn as I post from my hammock, shirtless w/ beer in hand :cheers:

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

new kind of cat posted:

the power is out across half of town. line of cars at the gas station. darkness blanketing everything, smothering conpletely the eerie silence that’s been hanging around. what the gently caress is goi g on

Where you live

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I've had three power outages this week's which is not abnormal for Puerto Rico, and each time I just think "welp I'm truly hosed for real now." Then it comes back on and I return to my normal level of anxiety.

Can't stock up on fridge and Frozen stuff much with regular power outages

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Has anyone tried to call it the Manhattan virus or something? A lot of folks seem fixated on it just being a "big crowded ethnic city" problem.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

/upstairs neighbor sneezes off their patio

For real. My building is super old, probably average age of 70s. Some lady was hacking on her balcony for while yesterday while I was trying to walk around the compound.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Industries are people, friend

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

MadJackal posted:

I’m getting good at assessing whether or not a hypoxic COVID patient will get tubed and if we have time to get them upstairs before they crash.

I'm curious about what signs you've started to notice.

Goondolences.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

FL and LA tho?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Half of us will be killed intentionally and the other half will be friendly fire

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

upgunned shitpost posted:

every cop with the 'roni is a gun not pointed at you during the eventual bread riots.

Tortillas store much better than bread for your stockpile, I've discovered

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

10 weeks ago I was cackling wildly while looking at all these insane numbers and today I'm just gently accepting life, letting it wash over me like a gentle breeze, a soft wave breaking upon the sandbar

And everyone else is screaming and melting down

Foreverially jokerified and loving it!

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

facetoucher cat posted:

That's what I've got. If I want bread type stuff I just make muffins or biscuits from a mix. Those mixes are like a buck or a box of bisquick. Put your oven a 400 something get a 1/2 cup of water to mix in, any other added goodies, 15 minutes, you've got fresh bread stuffs

Why didn't I think of this before society collapsed?

I bought a bag of flour and some yeast packets

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Which chud died???

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Phi230 posted:

who cares, it doesnt matter, we're posting about posting now

Quarantined goons beginning to turn on each other

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

cops are out in front of HEBs in San Antonio limiting all families/groups to 1 person entering the store. which seems smart.

https://twitter.com/PRNationalGuard/status/1246803642486751235?s=20

The national guard is now patrolling in Puerto Rico to "orient the citizenry". It seems to consist of a giant convoy of blaring police cars and military trucks with loudspeakers telling you to stay home.

There are a bunch of confusing transit and quarentine rules right now. Nobody is allowed to go anywhere on Sundays now, except for fast food :confused:

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

h-Alba

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Forget about bojo, what's the status of Rand Paul? Not a peep about him since he tested positive

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Over Easy posted:

I am glad the thread has found its way back to Rand Pauls death

that mother fucker is dead

dead of corona virus because his lungs got punctured when his neighbor kicked in his ribcage

hosed up if FALSE

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I'm p sure this is fake but who the gently caress knows when it comes to the loving British.

I had the same unsure feeling.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

So is covid on its way out now? Or is the dow not a reliable indicator??

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

KaptainKrunk posted:

this bad boy is just getting warmed up tbqh

hosed up if true

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

triple sulk posted:

number slowing down. sad

Trump wins again

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

historically with pandemics you think things are getting back to normal and then a second wave hits when you lose complacency

I'm not sure if a second lockdown will be relatively easy or notot. I'm leaning towards the latter: "we tried already and it still came back! Nothing to be done about it..."

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Plateau when

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Can I get some predictions or charts about Florida?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

First banned for Basta, now for Bernie... Death by covid next??

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

U-DO Burger posted:

that is not the toxx i would have suggested next

Not toxxing for covid death, just seems natural following the downfall of Basta and Bernard, our last great hopes

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

lol how many toxxed for basta then reregged and toxxed for bernie

*proudly raises hand*

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

what is this post from 2010

Skype doesnt even exist anymore Microsoft turned it into Teams lol

I used Skype for business today?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I really doubt the US will be able to manage a second lockdown. People are just going to shrug and conclude that the first one didn't work and resign themselves to mass desth. Especially if it's in the run up to elections in November.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Feeling super stressed. Hopefully cspam and the covid thread calm me down so that I can sleep.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

fosborb posted:

lol same

my wife and i both run meetings 50%+ of our workdays and we have no other care options but ourselves. its a complete poo poo show and i'm absolutely exhausted after 3 weeks

Same. Two parents trying to work from home fulltime with a small child is just such a loving joke. Every day is just a crescendo of stress and chaos with no end in sight.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

According to this hurricane forecast, the pool will come to you

I live in Puerto Rico, so I assume I'll just be locked in my apartment until my family and I are killed by a cat 5 later this summer or at least lose power for weeks/months

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

What are the stats and charts telling us about how much posting and SA activity has been affected by the pandemic?.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Lol this was the country that all the right-wingers were holding up as a "common sense" solution and wondering where all the deaths in Sweden were if shutting down our economy was so necessary not even a week ago.

I love wildly pivoting positions and lines in the sand on a day to day basis.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

etalian posted:

yup it produces chlorine gas

Is this bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

MorrisBae posted:

Yeah when I considered having kids I actually did a breakdown of how much actual time I would spend with them, and how much time they would be at school/asleep/not bothering me

Turns out pandemics are QUITE THE MONKEY WRENCH in such planning

I'm enjoying seeing my kids all of the time. It's work that keeps bothering me