Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Corona Virus: Soldier of Allah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

A comic of Mother Nature being sick of our poo poo and wanting us gone, but also it's not a comic, it's real life

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kindest Forums User posted:

are american schools still open?

Depends on the state since Trumpy decided to let each state do their own thing lol.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This whole crisis is basically a ad for universal healthcare especially given how the the for profit hospitals are treating their workforce.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

John Fetterman is the fuckin' best

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1245351456145846275

Liz keeps on sending letters instead of actually doing something

She'll leave a mean Yelp review (2/5) for Uber if they don't give in to her demands.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zyme posted:

Something I always enjoyed on my daily commute home from the chemical plant while working in the Houston area was this one particular subdivision of fairly expensive looking McMansion type houses. On one side of it was a massive tank farm full of giant chemical tanks. On the other sides was a huge freeway. I would wonder to myself - who would possibly want to live in these houses? Also I wondered what the difference in price might between the houses with the tank farm view vs. the freeway view. I'm sure this was only one of many such subdivisions in the area. I'm glad I don't live in Houston anymore.

The miracle having no zoning or city plan like Salt Lake City!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Democratic Pirate posted:

60 days from the start of hurricane season!

Also the next FL love bug invasion!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Schmoe Cwead posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1245399599797415936

way too little way too late but he can say he did something

lmao it's only for epicenters, not the whole state (SE FL)

Also in his PR he mis-stated the end date would be May 15 not April 15

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241609941.html

quote:

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Monday morning that those living in Southeast Florida should stay home until mid-May to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus. He would sign an executive order, he said, urging those in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe Counties to stay home.

The news spread quickly, as thousands of South Floridians reading online and watching on television mentally prepared to stay indoors — and away from work — for another month and a half. The Republican Party of Florida even issued a statement from Sarasota Sen. Joe Gruters, who doubles as the party chair, noting the mid-May date.

“Gov. DeSantis is resolutely leading the state through the coronavirus outbreak with measured, informed, effective actions to protect the health and rights of Floridians,” he wrote.

In between his 10 a.m. stop at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens and his 1:30 p.m. appearance in Palm Beach County, his schedule showed an 11:30 a.m. conference call with other governors and Vice President Mike Pence.

Then, later at the press conference in Palm Beach County, DeSantis clarified that he meant April 15, not mid-May, for an end date to what he called the “safer at home” order for millions of residents.

When asked why the error wasn’t immediately corrected, a spokeswoman for the governor said neither she nor anyone else caught it, and the end date for the order wasn’t in his notes.

etalian has issued a correction as of 18:36 on Apr 1, 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Plinkey posted:

USA at 205k cases now

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mycomancy posted:

Ok, what's up with those "ventilators" ol' Muskie sent to those hospitals? Are they CPAPs that he bought for show or are they real ventilators? Can someone back this up? My wife is yelling at me for believing fake news for sending her that.

He just placed a order with a legit company.

I'm sure you can still buy them with the right amount of money but it will be probably marked up.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-tesla/tesla-plans-to-supply-fda-approved-ventilators-free-of-cost-musk-idUSKBN21I2KX

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

LOL, from 2000 - now republican presidents got rid of all american international influence. All of it, just gone in 20 years. We got basically a gimme when the entire industrialized world was destroyed in WWII and we weren't. LOL, they suck so bad at governing. We don't even have healthcare, housing, or food security

Coronachan and Trump together are finally destroying american hegemony!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

At my workplace they said don't worry they will add one extra cleaning each week to the office building.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also my workplace send out constant reminders, Make sure you use vacation time if you get sick from CV!

If you use up your vacation time then make sure to use unpaid leave.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Marx Headroom posted:

in 50 years some egghead phd student will comb through the records and "American pandemic casualties were likely far worse than reported" will be the #5 most read story on a slow news day

A few hundred years from now (If the US even exsists) they will probably have a museum with mass grave skeletons they were buried with their red MAGA hats.

Will be easy to explain to the kids that this weird quack medicine believing death cult was poorly equipped to deal with a pandemic.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

703 posted:

All the news I'm seeing posted by chuds and non chuds alike right now is about china hiding numbers citing unnamed sources about a unseen report. USA absolutely gonna start a war over this lol all hail number

bible belt pastors in the US sued Texas to allow their churches to be exempt from social distancing requirements .

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tei posted:

In spain they try to use the "patriotic" angle to make people shut up about it.

Meanwhlle they are on television talking about the millions masks and everything they have on the ready. They are in full 1984 denial.

Is barbaric, criminal. Many first responders are gonna die. Already 12.000+ medics and nurses.

Yeah plus over time it's basically a war of attrition especially if this the vaccine takes 2-3 years to be available.

Can you any country afford 2 -3 years of medical doctors and nurses dying off?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lawman 0 posted:

It's funny because no matter what narrative the right tries to latch onto (except china is lying about millions dead) is that it fatally undermines western white chauvinism

Not to mention how Asian countries like South Korea, Singapore, China and Taiwan used really innovative solutions to keep their case count from spiking up over time.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lawman 0 posted:

Wow Emperor Xi of all under heaven!

How long until the US gets a Yellow turban movement?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

lol do you work for Boeing too

No not at all, I'm just not surprised multiple companies are pulling the same trick as Boeing.

We are doing everything to make the workplace safe!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

US Cult Church "Super-Spreader" Event

I knew those fucks would be doing that.

Fake News!

Chinese Virus!

My Freedoms!

Jesus will protect us!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: that's the worst possible answer

https://twitter.com/Dracogen/status/1245436924296417280

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

The profit motive is fundamentally incompatible with human life

lmao no wonder why Trump likes Florida so much and left NY after they were mean to him / shut down his charity scams.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

the boston bomber threads on SA fell for every piece of wrong information they could find

The Brown Moses approach to crime investigation?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Italy data suggests 6% of people with it don’t even have symptoms. Maybe it’s higher? Lower? We’ll prob never know.

Iceland found in testing that 50% of people who tested positive didn't have symptoms.

Mainly because for their test methodology anyone could request to get tested for free.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

Island wide mandatory lockdown is now 7pm in Puerto Rico.

It's cool, I can sit on my balcony over a usually busy street and just listen to the coqui frogs

Also got a mother loving HAMMOCK in the mail today for the balcony!! I'm ready for anything now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eFvjgMP-LU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nikosoft posted:

I desperately needed a haircut so I used my husband's clippers with the highest guard on them. I already had an old lady short hair style before this, so I didn't think it would be that bad, but it turns out with shorter hair that I look exactly like a chimpanzee. lol I owned myself

I'm going to be resigned to growing a massive white guy afro over the next few months.

Make 70s style hair great again!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Strep Vote posted:

Depressing to have been on lockdown for like a month already in the pnw while the Bible belt superspreads for Jesus.

Especially the bible belt fucks keeping their grifting mega churches open the last few months.

Some fundies even sued the state of TX to to prevent legal enforcement of quarantines and social distancing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao how Deranged DeSantis is trying pitch the idea that all the problems are coming from other states as a Trumpian like projection tactic.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/KMGallagher5/status/1245702170441367553

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lawman 0 posted:

This guy gets it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RUQTh0DHAY

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Der Meister posted:

lol that the government doesn’t pay the employer contribution for COBRA

It can be up to 3 - 4 times what you paid when employed lol.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raiad posted:

a whole lot of stupid loving people are gonna have to learn what "exponential growth" means the hard way, huh

lmao also post-WWII flu epidemic is a classic example of this.

Infecting a majority of the world with a 2-3% mortality rate means millions of people will die or end up on medical disability.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

eric ciaramella posted:

how much stricter can you be than Stay At Home?

It allows churches to be exempt from shutdown orders

quote:

Locally, it means Hillsborough County cannot mandate churches close their doors, a rule that drew national attention and the ire of the local Republican Party after Tampa megachurch The River of Tampa Bay held two Sunday services, leading to the arrest of pastor Rodney Howard Browne.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MoaM posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1245800628313456647

supplies r being distributed evenly and with priority; working as intended? What's da problem.

:confused:

Pence said capitalism would provide solutions to CV!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agean90 posted:

I'm not sure if it's her disregard for anybody not rich shining through or a bad attempt at being uplifting

prolly both

lmao how her response to CV was trying to recover as many deductions and tax credits for rich people as possible.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

the bidet havers shall inherit the earth

Friendship ended with TP, now Bidet is my friend!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

D1E posted:

And the U.S. is absolutely kicking everyone else's rear end!

US winning the CV gold medal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CPA Hell posted:

so glad I live in that bright red area that’s about to go nuclear

The JH dashboard map is top notch

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6