Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

spankmeister posted:

that's a right wing Twitter account that has taken a 6 second clip way out of context, and everyone seems to be falling for it.

biden's secret plan for federal lockdowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

OhFunny posted:

The American polity is cracked, and might collapse. Canada must prepare.

Seems real bad that one of Canada's largest newspapers has an opinion piece seriously arguing the country must prepare itself for the existential threat the potential fall of American democracy and possible outbreak of civil war south of its border poses to the federation

as a potential refugee i'm not a fan of that third paragraph. what if fifty million people needed to stream into alberta in the next decade? imo the US government should be more proactive to stop such aggressions. edmonton is clearly part of montana

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Peanut President posted:

considering most of canada's english speaking population is descended from loyalists kicked out after the revolutionary war they'd probably be fine

is it really a majority

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SorePotato posted:

At the first sign of conflict, I'm sailing around cape horn and heading straight to China

closer through the northwest passage

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

54'40 or Fight!

horrific vicky 1 flashbacks making me check to see if i have a previous save available

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

vyelkin posted:

some of them have started doing a thing where if you donate to the police then you get a special light to display on the front of your home or business so they can see who has and hasn't paid the protection money

lol I figured the right wing rich neighborhood I drove through just put up all the single blue bulbs on poles through a local initiative but this makes sense

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Femur posted:

I heard of several people who have gifted horses to local sherriffs, but thats not foal proof.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah I'd feel differently if these truckers were hiring someone to drive their trucks

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ugh that's why enterprise has been out of big rigs recently

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

during the late bush early obama years, blue team would post maps showing red states were tax dollar sinks

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the joke is that they should be pro russian invasion

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

samoan mormon erasure

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

volunteering for the texas-israeli war of 1999 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indiana in 2008 was a shocker, i don't think anyone saw it coming

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if cali left unilaterally, texas would control national politics for the foreseeable future

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

awww i thought it was canada labeled as the new holy roman empire

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maryland is hosed up. did they cede most of the state to seize a couple hundred miles north?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imagine being dumb enough to think the red state blue state paradigm is real

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Achernar posted:

You and I both know Roberts will squishily agree to anything asked of him.

"the roberts court" doesn't necessarily mean he's making any decisions. the moderate roberts era lasted from 2005 to 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

borders based on watersheds (borders on divides, or geographical high points) are extremely logical!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the tamaulipan mezquital is supremely boring to drive through but if you explore there are lots of neat bird, lizard and cacti species everywhere. it's not nearly as exciting as the mountains to the south, but at least oranges are cheap

edit how the gently caress was i beaten to this lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

camoseven posted:

I looked this up and now I'm depressed

it's real bad! my dad grew up in san antonio (just north of the biome discussed) and could just fill up shoeboxes with them before dumping them out in the early-mid 60s. i've never seen one in austin, but saw a few in the late 90s up near amarillo/lubbock on the great plains, as well as a few of a different species of horny toad in colorado. fireants have wiped out a lot of poo poo in the south and southeast

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

south dakota is midwest, omaha is midwest, there are even a couple midwestern towns in montana. it's very holistic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

is drunk driving still the official sport of wisconsin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I seem to remember that being a campaign plank and then after 2020 I never heard about it again

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

neutral milf hotel posted:

everything west of Boston is considered the mid-west including Hawaii

edit oh poo poo massachussetts had the same thing going, i'm not sure i was aware

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 03:25 on Jun 24, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Do they call it the midwest because all the people from there are mid lmao

more like Luzor

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

doesn't seem so much "blue state vs. red state" as urban vs. rural/suburban/exurban, and even then the suburbs are (were?) getting bluer

in texas the legislature is banning municipalities from diverging from state law so there won't be the legal patchwork here like we may see in other states

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Who tries to actually secede first?

probably a west coast blue state because the Senate and supreme court are too in favor of the right

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's colorado and the feds just starve everybody

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm gonna start tossing dirt into the panama canal

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that article states the rich as a whole are on the left

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zetamind2000 posted:

Byzantine Cuba

me when the turks take all my mainland provinces

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol at the rahowa territory in northern idaho having better access than 99% of texas

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

someone needs to tell obama that martha's vineyard is an abortion desert

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

great plains capital: gently caress austin, san antonio, DFW, houston, oklahoma city, kansas city, and omaha. i demand billings

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think i could get a really good cartel job

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cartels need anime appraised, too

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ronwayne posted:

I dunno man, we've started sharing plans and places to move the kids around when poo poo Happens, especially if Abbott starts using the CPS as his hatchet people. This feels a lot more concrete since these are folks I know personally in real life, and we're starting to feel out wtf to do now that poo poo is confirmed to be downhill. It feels more real than the umpteenth Marxist-Lysenkoist-GlennGreenwaldist argument.
fleeing texas is definitely still atomization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maintaining a light but consistent habit a la kim kitsuragi is actually cool as hell