Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

One more recruit for the monstrous powerplant. Wonder what horrible thing we'll be dealing with first?..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

smh can't even get a decent janitor around these parts

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Given the job, might just be a tired cynic.
Certainly no shortage of clerks perishing; between them and the agents regularly risking their lives for some reason or another-
(See: Laetitia's person almost being sent elsewhere a while back, manager. :v:)
-"Safety" ends up being more of an unattainable goal to strive for* than any indicator of the companies actual practices.
(*When doing so does not meaningfully interfere with productivity)

Which is another way to say: They work safety division in this company; s'gotta be exhausting explaining to the clerks why they can't implement such-and-such safety measure because it would be cheaper to hire replacement clerks than make things safer

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Hmm.... I can't help but wonder if being able to designate a room for a section's clerks as their panic room would be more useful than those dinky little peashooters of theirs.

Give them somewhere to run to instead of flailing around, leave those pistols as a really last resort.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

The fifth trumpet does suggest something moderately interesting:

For all the Abnormalities currently at or may arrive at our facility, there are many, many more out there.
Given how dangerous abnormalities can be, the ones we have being prime examples, it isn't hard to see why the later trumpets exist.

...Not to mention the anomalies still out in the wild as opposed to a holding area or wherever anomalies are kept prior to being used as an energy source.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

hmm... How about legacy content?
Could be neat to take a look at how the game used to work.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 18, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

An "I survived an Aleph breach and all I got was this title", title :v:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Oooof. I didn't get offered my first Aleph this early, but I did get offered one around day 20~21 after... A whole load of Teth and a couple Waw.
Previously trained agents helped break through, but missing out on HE gear is rough. Took one look at -89 and nope, wasn't gonna happen.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

Realtalk, I want that gift on Mizu largely because it shouldn't cover up her dog ears like Laetitia's does. :v:

In other news:

I guess it's time to go mad with power now. :unsmigghh:

:unsmigghh: indeed.
Been trying to set up and keep at least one capped agent in each department in my own run; having someone on hand that can safely handle a good number of abnormalities is always helpful.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Not The Wendigo posted:

...One Sin's gonna turn ALEPH on us, isn't it.

One Aleph and Hundreds of Reloads : "No more prayers. Only penitence."

e: alternatively, One Manager and Hundreds of Dead Clerks

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 24, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

You can work it and it does something, and it CAN contribute something (very minorly) useful to a facility. :colbert:

Oh, this I've got to see.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Out of curiosity, would it be worthwhile to start a day by having a single agent go upgrade their weapon fully; or do the strongest weapons cost enough boxes to try it isn't worth the bother?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Aw. Fair I suppose, though in my eyes it limits it to HEH/TETH/ZAYIN gear due to just having enough energy boxes on hand for those that getting replacements are no big deal.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

:getin:

Violet noon is a good sucker punch the first time, but after that it loses a lot (but not all) of its sting.
Also count me as another someone who didn't know that particular trick :v:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

the Orb of Zot posted:

So let me get the plot up to now straight:

You’re in charge of the SCP Foundation if it was a hellish megacorp trying to proruce power through usage of cosmic horrors and inexplicable entities that sometimes hail from myth, legend, or literature almost no one ever read instead of just watching the movie. It’s like if someone thought the problem with the UAC in Doom 2016 was only settling for power generation from hell because that clearly wasn’t good enough.

Your secretary is a super advanced AI that you now have evidence is going to eventually pull a GLADoS or SHODAN on you, the various departments are headed by AI that all seem to have serious mental issues at best, and the one person trying to tell you the truth just got horribly murdered by your AI secretary. Even if none of the abnormalities escape (aka impossible considering punishing bird breaks out so often it probably is in containment less than it is out of containment), the facility still gets attacked by various outside entities, and the best way to deal with those is through weapons and armor created from the imprisoned entities themselves.

this is still the prologue and the plot doesn’t get going until day 25

I am incredibly worried.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Well, that didn't seem all that bad. Except for the aleph defence bug which would've been rough to find out the hard way.
Also looking forward to seeing how Crimson Dusk gets handled.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Should really process that enkephalin better before putting it in coffee.
Enkaffeleine? Enkaffeine? Enkephaleine?

...Oh, and

Doobeedoo posted:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy :allears:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Tylana posted:

What if a perfect AI was more human than human and elicited stronger empathy and protective urges than 'real' people? #HavenotgottenfurtherthantheLP

Given how quickly we stopped caring about clerk deaths, that's not a high bar :v:
Could make a decent challenge out of keeping clerks alive.
Keep X amount of clerks alive, lowering the clerk survival bar by Y each meltdown.
More clerks die than permitted, have to push further before the day can end.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Been long enough I don't even remember my submission that well. "Mr Gibs", might've been balding, "designated new abnormality sacrifice guinea pig who won't see a second update."

Semi related, I suppose it comes with how much time goes into training fresh agents/replacement gear; but I don't remember there being that many agent deaths (that were kept) so far.
Lobotomy corp is not the most meatgrinder* friendly of games, despite the many dangers. :v

*Clerks technically count, but clerk death is considerably less of a problem than agent death

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Mild fan of dreaming current. Sets of Waw armor to help sort out any straggling agents still on Teth, or Zayin armor is always good.
Depending on how many clerks are dead or whatever else is going on, it breaching can either be a breeze, vaguely beneficial, or some salty inconvenience.

The bunker though, oh the bunker.
The LPer speaks the truth on that one.
Too many long days of training/grinding reset after forgetting someone in the bunker. Too many.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

big ol oof on the tree, pretty much got it for the blessing, but the blessings a dud? oof.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

sorcrane posted:

Happy Paulloween!
- One Sin and Hundreds of Good Training Videos

:eyepop:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Zoig posted:

As one sin is a skull, it is far more powerful on Halloween. I dread to think of the consequences if we had the whole skeleton.

No Good Deeds Unpunished? :v:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Love that heart. A safe, good pick where the biggest case for not getting it is the presence of something better.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

might have to branch out to insects at some point, bring in the Roach Squad

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

"I am sorry for what I've done."
"I will now continue to be terrible and apologize afterwards, giving both the same degree of thought responsible for this mess without the actual interest/capability to improve."
"Same apology time tomorrow?"

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Tatters posted:

So, wait, I didn't really think about the implications of the Better Call Paul segments until now, but... Does Paul keep his memories after dying? Do they bring in the next Paul to do the commentary over his own death in these training videos?

It's a cointoss, but I suppose Paul might have special memory-retaining privileges as part of their job.
A while of dying/respawning might even hold a part in Paul's generally cheery tone, what with always coming back after whatever terrible incident happens.
As the-paul-that-remembers might put it:

: "Remember, at lobotomy corporation, your termination is just an unpaid vacation!"

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

also, huh. skin prophecy giving a multiplier instead of an added 2.3x is going to make me reconsider ignoring that one.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

It's been a long road to get here, huh.
It's nice players can have a relatively quiet day right before this to work with; building up agents, gathering some last minute gear and all that.
S'also nice the game gives players a big warning, though I think by this point folks would be committed to going forward regardless.
Can get attached to yer various weirdo agents running around the place, and going back to get a fresh batch wouldn't feel quite the same.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

:allears: I loved crumbling armor in my own run.
don't want to be careless with it, but that's true of just about abnormality.
Shame any gear less than WAW/ALEPH is asking for trouble at this point, the armor+sword it gives looked real snazzy on my backup beater.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

take a simp, babes

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Old Lady is probably one of the nicest abnormalities to have, ironically because she's safe to ignore :v:
With all the other abnormalities that need juggling, one where the worst consequence of ignoring is your energy gets dinged makes up for it.

Looking forward to O-05-76.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Hwurmp posted:

tag urself

I'm one of those winged folks in the background. no, further in the background. see that smudge above the sky-whale? that's the one.

As endings go, I think Adam was on the right track, but the final implementation, uhhh.

uhhhhhh.

uhhhhhhhhhhh.

BisbyWorl posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

it leaves something to be desired

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Looking at the other critters, I think Mx Glowy-eyes ended up one of the genuine monster-power lottery winners.
Unlike the meat lump just hangin out in the street there. :rip: them, turned into a monster and all they got was being an immobile(?) meat lump

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Quite liked Wellcheers. The armor isn't impressive in and of itself, but it's got a decent quantity and it's better than the basic suit. Useful for early outfitting when better armor isn't available in bulk.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Pretty much the same thoughts on this one as wellcheers. ZAYINs have a lot of gear, your agents need to get out of their base baton/suit as quick as possible.
It isn't glamorous, but it does what it needs to until you get something better.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

It's a HE that's easy to work. There's, uh. Not much more for me to say here. :effort:.
The gear is alright, but the player has better options. The E.G.O. gift is nice, I suppose?
Seems a decent candidate for a run going all the way, at least.
Could remember which agent worked it last; or just read the logs and let them remember who worked it last for you.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Don't have much to say on this one. What you see is what you get. Could be helpful for finishing days early during a week the player was going to reset anyways? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

Next time's featured Abnormality…

:allears: