Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello friends,

This is a thread for discussing the recent The Last of Us 2 leak.
Please feel free to talk about the leak and the spoilers it contains within the confines of this thread.

Do!
- Post spoilers using the [Spoiler] tag.
- Talk about the leak, where it might have came from, and the industry issues surrounding it. (As it is likely an employee which has done so)

:siren: Do Not! :siren:
- Post spoilers outside of this thread :siren:
- Post spoilers outside of tags
- Post links/videos/pictures to the leak
- Where to get the leak :filez:

I am sure your Google-Fu is well up the challenge.

Failure to adhere to the rules will see you going on an extended vacation.
If you see someone breaking these rules, please feel free to grab any of the Games IKs or VideoGames.

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello friends,

There have been a number of troubling reports made recently about this thread, and I have been asked to stop by to investigate because VG does not want to be spoiled.

I have read the posts in questions, and I would like you to imagine someone drawing some very large frownie eyebrows on my avatar.
VideoGames and I have been in discussion, and he has already issued a probation to one of the posters reported.

We would both like to take a moment to state that Transphobia on SA and in Games will not be tolerated

Failure to adhere to this rule will see more of you going on an extended vacation.

There have been some, what I would describe, 'spicy hot takes' regarding a trans character involved in the leak and their body.
I feel that discussion of this character is fine, and how well or poorly written they are, but consider your comments wisely.

I see for the most part you have been following the thread guidelines, and I appreciate that.
Please continue to report posts you consider problematic, so that they are brought to our attention.

Thank you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Stux posted:

i do just want to point out that the character in question isnt trans, what has happened is she is modelled on a woman who is muscular and people have gone in very gross directions with that which has included transphobia.

I will keep this in mind for the the future, thank you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I listed it in the op, but please do not direct link to the leak in any way.
At this point in time it is considered :filez:

Thank you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey all,

I've been waiting on VG to get back to me, so I could ensure my expectations for this thread lined up with forum policy.

Regardless of where this leak has come from, or why, the fact of the matter is that this leak was illegally obtained and is considered :filez:
Datamining of publicly release content is, and has always been, A-OK.
Posting videos/screenshots/:filez: of unreleased content is not and will earn you a probation/ban.

It boils down to an issue of consent.
A demo is consensually released, a leak is not.

:siren: The next person to directly link to the leak eats a week vacation. :siren:
Please stop posting it, and I hope you can understand the reasons behind it.

Thank you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sometimes a word is just a word mate.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SIGSEGV tone it down on the righteous indignation on Druckman. We get it.

It's fine to be pissed off with the guy, as all evidence is currently pointing towards him being a massive piece of crap, but we don't need the Gamefaqs level poo poo posts on war crimes.

Thank you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lowtax posted:

Recipient Information,

somethingawful.com

C/O Copyright Agent for Notice of Claims of Copyright Infringement

Sent via email
DMCA / EUCD NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS

Dear Sir / Madam,

I, MUSO TNT Ltd certify under penalty of perjury, that I am an agent authorised to act on behalf of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Ltd the owner of certain intellectual property rights.

I have a good faith belief that the item(s) or material(s) listed below are not authorised by law for use by the above named domain name owner or their agents and therefore infringes the copyright owner's rights. I hereby demand that you act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material or items claimed to be infringing.

CONTACT INFORMATION
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Ltd
C/- MUSO TNT Ltd
207-215 Kings Cross Road
London
WC1X 9DN
London
United Kingdom
Email: legal@muso.com
Phone: +4402074034543
Location of INFRINGING WORKS:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921395

The infringing items are the works of: The Last of Us Part II - PS4.

This content is as yet unreleased and has not been authorised for distribution.

We would appreciate a swift response and action, please remove the above link(s).

Kind regards,
MUSO TNT Ltd
25 May 2020

Muso Legal Team
legal@muso.com

ruh roh raggy!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes, fresh reminder that I will still probe for spoilers that aren't tagged.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm sorry, they paid me off with money

My one weakness

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Peacoffee posted:

How did the spoiler thread that doesn’t allow open posting about spoilers get a takedown notice lol

VG and I had a discussion about setting up the thread, and the rules surrounding it, and the threat of legal action was always at the back of my mind; which is why the rules are so strict on :filez: related stuff.

It's actually bemusing to actually see happen, as there's nothing here to really take down.. other than l.. like.. talking about the leak.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maybe just like don't spoil things, and let people enjoy the media they like?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

infinitum is cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW5v8xQ9LLI

Starks posted:

Yes to #1.....no to #2

3Edgy5Me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/ckunzelman/status/1265383229357461505

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

'post pandemic distressing'

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can You Pet The Dog twitter account going to be having conniptions.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Threads starting to get a real hostile vibe lads. Keep it chill.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:hmmyes:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey all,

Couple reports about posters ITT coming in. I've had a quick look, and while there is currently nothing that will be actioned ATM I'd like to remind everyone to keep things chill and that LGBT attacks will not be tolerated.

Please keep reporting as you have been doing, and if there are any issues send me a PM as VideoGames wishes to remain unspoiled.

Cheers

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Stux posted:

if you need a refresher check, your post history hahahaha

Tone it down Stux

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey all,

The number of reports + probations coming out of this thread recently is becoming a rather large eyebrow raising concern for the mod team.
So for the moment I'm going to cut the difference and give the entire thread a time out for half a day so you can have a think about the quality of posting that's coming out of this thread; and if you're part of the problem.

I would highly advice not taking TLOU2 spoiler chat elsewhere for the interim.

Please don't make me gas this thread once it reopens, and I would ask that you continue to report problematic posts so they can be brought to the mod teams attention.

Thank you,
Inf

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And we're back.

I would really appreciate it if I didn't have to come back into this thread and start handing out probations.

Thank you.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 20, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Next person to post like a fuckwit earns a week.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Being fair, that’s actually a pretty good summary of the synagogue scene. :v:

Dina has a monologue about coming from a family full of survivors. She directly compares the plague to the Inquisition and the Holocaust.

:cripes:

I apologise for not realising this was an actual scene from the game, but please for the love of god treat these mature topics with respect; as that read really racist after glancing at it in the thread.

This is difficult for me from a moderating perspective, because I'm not planning on playing the game at this time.
Imma dip out, but please do me a favour and self police as best you can and report the posts that need them.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm still sick with a massive head cold, stressing while awaiting my coronavirus results, and yet this thread is still somehow the worst thing that's happened to me all weekend.

Threads going time out again.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK. Round 3.
Let's talk plainly.

TLOU2 is an extremely mature game, that deals with a lot of very mature topics in a no holds barred fashion. This thread exists so you can discuss those matters with others openly.

For the most part I have tried to take a back seat approach to this thread, and only respond to reports that VideoGames has asked me to come in and investigate.
Unfortunately due to the volatile nature of the discussion this can no longer be the case, and I will now be actively reading this thread and probating posters who continue to act like fuckwits.

The mods + IKs have also probated several people over the last day, who you should all use as an example of what not to do, and Stux has been sent on a 2 week extended vacation.

I honestly really do not enjoy probating posters.
Please do not make me have to probate you.
Please do not make me have to gas this thread.

Thank you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Stux stay out of this thread until you've actually played the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dogstile posted:

Impressive how much more civil it is in here right now.

Yes the last page or so since reopening has been cool and good.

Thank you Goons, please keep it up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

Oh okay, despite not being Christian or having a Christian belief system or origin, they're totally a Christian cult then because their name has 'seraph' in it.

Have you actually played the game?

Char posted:

I felt it was inspired by Islam rather than Christianity, actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seraph
https://www.etymonline.com/word/seraph

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I cannot believe the extent to which this thread has improved. can I go back and vote 5

Yes I'm extremely happy with the current state of the thread, and how much it has removed.

But I'm watching you...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

If you're straight up not understanding the roles of characters and why they're there, or getting basic facts about the game's story wrong as people in here have done repeatedly, I think it's germane to establish wether or not you've actually got a full understanding of what happens in the game.

Especially given that most of this thread has been treated like a game of telephone with spoiler leaks.

Everybody is free to interpret the game as they like, as their world views and values differ from your own.

What won't be tolerated, and I'm not saying it's happening, is attacks on other posters if their opinion is different to yours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Unless their opinions are bigoted, right? We’re still cool to dunk on those losers?

Hopefully noone would be stupid enough to post poo poo like that ITT.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

Game owns. Thread owns. Posters own. Mods own. Stux is a troll.

If Stux comes back into this thread and starts making GBS threads it back up, I can very much assure you he will be permanently removed from this thread and will likely be receiving a much harsher punishment for his trouble.

He is not allowed back into this thread until he has played the game, which he has made clear he has no intention of doing so.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Wow, you guys just openly discriminate against people who don't play a game but still want to jabber about it. I didn't play the first one, haven't seen a trailer for the second, haven't read the leaks, only tenuously understand what the series is supposed to be, but I can't have any opinion on it?!

Don't be dense

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JBP posted:

Cool congrats on watching someone else play the game.

Congrats, noone cares.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Peacoffee posted:

hell I fuckin bought it because thread said no discussing it unless you bought it (which...whatever lol)

The only person not allowed to post ITT if they have not actually played the game is Stux.

As he mentioned he has no intention of actually doing so.

Which effectively stops him posting ITT.

Call it the Fuckwit Clause.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's a dumb old argument that gets wheeled out every so often.

"Why are you watching [SPORT] on TV, when you can be playing [SPORT] yourself?"
"Why are you watching [GAME] being live streamed, when you can be playing [GAME] yourself?"

People enjoy and experience media in different ways.

The book is always better though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anybody else want to get your lovely 2 cents in feel free.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

F.3.A.R. is a gross game and if you want to talk about disgusting narrative its right there, including an ending where you tear a baby out of your mother and then eat your mom.

What the fuuuuuuuck :psyduck:

F.E.A.R. 1 was so good though, what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello! I have been playing absentee landlord mod from this thread, as I have not received any reports, and I've just caught up on 10 pages of thread.

Would you like to know the results of catching up on a thread that used to give me headaches everytime I opened it?

There were def some frowny-face level comments, and some people need to think about their comments when talking about sensitive subjects, but I try to take a page from VGs mod book and just let threads run.
That said I also don't mod quite like VG does, so if I felt like you were straight up being a oval office I would have sent you for a sixer; particularly after how many reports this thread has generated/been pm'd to me in the past.

Number of people I needed to probate on the last 10 pages?
Zero.
There are probably 1-2 posters that need to bring their loving head in a bit though. If you think this comment applies to you, it probably is.

Also :laffo: WatermelonGun thinking it was cool posting Goatse all over the forums, when it was pretty much only limited to GBS. Sorry for missing that one!

At the end of the day though I would like to say good job. This thread is much much much better than it was, there is actually a lovely level of back and forth, with engaging discussion about a lot of subjects, and I didn't actively regret opening this thread to catch up on 10 pages of posts; so you have earned yourselves a new thread title as a reward
Thank you Goons, one and all.

And again.. stay out of the thread until you play the game Stux.
Sorry mate.