Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Finicums Wake posted:

i hope i don't get it. the roni, that is

I think the better bet at this point is to hope you get the asymptomatic version because...... We're all going to get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Pindakaas posted:

The curve is flattening upward.

40 degree plateau baby awwwoooo OPEN IT UP!!! FREEEEEDOM

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Huntington Beach CA

Where are the tear gas launchers when you need them

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Agrajag posted:

hey pompeo going to war with china isnt exactly a great idea jsut fyi

No, actually it's a great idea because this country deserves to be ground into dust

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Plumpeo is by far the most dangerous and destructive idiot in the entire Trump administration and I hope Iran figures out a way to get him infected with covid

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Flesh Forge posted:

I dunno, for sure he's the most imperialist expansionist but stephen miller is a lot more dangerous to our own people at home

True. I don't think we'll ever know the full extent of Miller's contribution to our future hell country. He's in the shadows doing a bunch of evil poo poo while everyone is watching the circus.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

GOP is in full-on stochastic terrorism mode.
They're going to get people killed.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I'm reading some dumb article and this:

I'm not the first person to say it but I hate that everyone latched onto the magic 6 feet thing. ESPECIALLY walking down a loving sidewalk.

Yeah or walking down the hall in the office. These people think they have a 6foot protective bubble around them and don't need to wear a mask in the office. I hate working in an office with like 95% dumb rural chuds.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
The 85+ year old owner of the company just walked into the office, coughed immediately, then plodded his idiot maga hat self down the halls for 5-10 mins coughing without a mask or even covering his face, then left.

:patriot:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

every state that gets no help from the federal
government needs to stop giving the federal government revenue immediately

Yeah, NY and CA alone halting federal revenue would decimate the south in like a week.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

mrmcd posted:

Aside from no legal basis how would they actually do that though? Almost none of the taxes sent to the feds are paid through the states, they're paid directly to the Treasury by employers or the companies that owe them.

They wouldn't. It was just a dumb shitpost hyperbole to counter the dumb shitpost presidents remark that it's unfair to Republicans to pay for blue States despite their GOP states raking in far more tax dollars per capita than they contribute.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Is Bitchell dead yet?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

The president of my company said this exact same sentiment last week to me when I mentioned that our tiny rural county made the news for a covid hotspot. He said it was just the "people getting bussed in from Nashville to work in the Tyson plant" and didn't discuss it any further and refused to mandate mask usage in the office.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Patience Rogansack

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

triple sulk posted:

i honestly just don't care any more

i only really leave the house to buy groceries but the amount of car traffic outside is at least 50% back to normal and we're hosed lol

I'm legitimately considering quitting my job because nobody in the entire company is acting like anything has changed and not a single person in the office other than me is wearing a mask. I hate these goddamned chuds so much I'm just screaming internally all day long.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Throatwarbler posted:

I follow this thread and catch the news sometimes and I have never loving heard of any of these thread villans. Ben Shapiro? Candace Ownes? Bill Mitchell? Are they just conservative AM radio hosts in some podunk town in the south?

They are the intellectual powerhouse of the GOP.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Spergin Morlock posted:

there's no way in hell i'm taking a vaccine that gets rushed to market right away. i think i'll let a few months go by to see if other people have weird reactions to it

The next covid-vaccinated generation will finally be able to use their newly evolved gills and flippers to inhabit the sunken cities of the future.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

euphronius posted:

humans getting gills would ... take a long rear end time

whales and dolphins and swimming birds don’t even have gills and they’ve been swimming for awhile

Look at this Luddite doubting the power of Trump vaccine science.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Marx Headroom posted:

5G stands for 5 Gills

:hmmyes:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Spergin Morlock posted:

what the hell is DAD?

Dead as (a) doornail.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Thoguh posted:

So increasingly it looks like the spring breakers on the beach were fine and if it did spread it did so from the hotels/bars. But Mardi Gras probably was a superspreader event because bourbon street is so tightly crowded you might as well be in a bar.

I eagerly await the grand reopening of kid Rock's bigass honkeytonk and grill.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

There has to be USB linux distribution that is easy to connect to the net and provides the kids with enough tools to do school work.

Literally all of them

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Hey, don't worry guys the President of my company has appended "Keep it up, the end is in sight" to the last line of the daily company update email.

:rip:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

snoo posted:

maryland really do be tryna open up as soon as possible and I just want to scream

I escaped the viral incubator chud office for lunch today just to drive around town and almost every restaurant had a packed parking lot. :shepicide:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Lol getting your brain swabbed with a q-tip every day for trumo

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

mystes posted:

I went out to a bike path this morning and there thankfully weren't many people because it was cold and windy, but on my way back the highway was the most crowded I've seen it since all this stuff started. It seemed like normal weekend traffic levels. I'm wondering if everyone has already gone back to their normal activities and is completely ignoring the pandemic entirely now? This is Massachusetts, so not a chud state and stuff is theoretically still fairly shut down.

I guess it could just be somehow because of mother's day but even if people are just driving to visit the homes of their parents that's pretty dumb.

Rural America has changed absolutely nothing from their normal way of life. They think they're invincible just because they don't live in a city and because big boy president isn't wearing a mask so they shouldn't either.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
The joke's on them though because the GOP of rural areas, TN in particular, owned the libs by refusing Medicare expansion money from the Obama administration and vast majority of their rural hospitals closed in the past 10 years.

The death toll will rise in like a month when they start finding bodies out in remote homes all over the state.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

galenanorth posted:

Nashville opens Opry Mills mall after breaking its initial promise to wait until cases went down because "we have better testing now". Meanwhile, there is "concern" enough that police departments are receiving names of COVID-19 positive testing residents in order to "take necessary precautions to protect both our first responders and our residents, including those who are part of Nashville’s diverse immigrant communities."

https://www.simon.com/mall/opry-mills
https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne..._MrKO2mRywqj-Vg

Lol good

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Pump Jockey posted:

I just got a jury summons, guess I’ll die

I had jury duty for the entire month of March and had to call in every night to see if my group was called and they didn't have a single hearing. I still got my fake diploma-looking award for being a juror. :patriot:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

shovelbum posted:

What the gently caress do boomers do at work I've never seen a white one do poo poo at least

They print PDFs all day just to scan them back in again before forgetting their passwords that haven't changed in years.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Willias posted:

The fun part of this virus is that the results of opening back up too fast/soon won’t show for a month, giving chuds a few weeks to brag and go nuts before everything goes to hell.

Yeah it's pretty cool that all the states doing the right thing and quarantining are just going to be reinfected because of the absolute dumbest people in the country being openly manipulated by the richest people in the country.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Mr Hootington posted:

I wear a cloth mask for 8 and a half hours at work now. It is fine.

N95s suck to wear

I got some KN95 masks and they don't suck as bad, they just irritate the backs of my ears. Of course they probably don't protect as well either.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Please Lord Satan let the weed resin barrier save my lungs from the covid and deliver my chud coworkers unto immense suffering. Amen.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Mayor Dave posted:

Luckily I talked my boss out of forcing me back to the office next week, but the rest of the team is off wfh Monday

Everyone seems to be in a hurry to die idgi

I went to HR and it pissed off one of the owners but he said I can wfh starting next week so I guess I won.

I said I felt singled out for being the only person doing the right thing and wearing a mask in the office and he told me I was "brave and setting a good example" lol

He mentioned the word "individual" at least 8 times in the call and despite the company literally having his name in the title he said "there's no way we can make people wear masks if they don't feel like they need it" (because the company is 99.5% white christian conservatives)

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

UnknownTarget posted:

Thoughts on whether the cure is legit?

It'll probably kill you in a few years and right now death is pretty much the only way you won't get covid so.... :shrug:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

shovelbum posted:

I suspect the annals of medical history are littered with failed drugs that make getting covid look like a good time

And they all had years of development and research

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Anyone with that many numbers in their name is a bot btw

Could be, but also it's what Twitter adds by default and chuds are exactly the type of people who have no idea how to change default settings in an app.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Can't see any way this report is going to be misused
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1261650373057613824?s=20

Can't even wear a mask properly when doing a crime smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The “I’m young and healthy so why should I care” poo poo is just completely sociopathic, you’re also making the choice to expose friends and family, some of whom are definitely going to die.

I tried explaining this to my boss Friday and he just got mad. They don't want to admit that their entire worldview is FYGM selfish arrogance but it is and the cognitive dissonance makes them mad rather than causing reflection or change. These people call themselves Christians lol