Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

One million

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

How many meat rabbits do you need to feed 4 people

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

the problem with rural spread that's going to kick off now isn't just that proximity to major population centers is considerably lessened as a safety factor by the fact that they all have to go to the same couple stores to shop or eat out, it's also that they have zero loving hospitals because rural hospitals aren't profitable

yeah so they have nobody to count the bodies so who's going to even notice

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

fun fact wasps specifically go after morons who start screaming and waving their arms around whenever they see a flying insect

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Goa Tse-tung posted:

always wondered the meaning of her line

she's in insurance, to ensure the timestream is happening? or is she insurance in case Bruce Willis fails to stop the virus?

Pretty sure she's just literally an insurance agent

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I think you can get vitamin d from vaping now

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

in the US blaming China is definitely going to be the bipartisan response. What country is gonna go along with the US on that though. MAYBE the UK?

japan

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/701265871317762110/707760446823989308/DASH_480_8.mp4

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

9/11 could have been easily normalized, just lost a few office buildings and some firefighters, nothing to worry about

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

poty posted:

is there an app that will recognize the bird i point my phone camera at

i could be gaining all this useless knowledge

Yes, inaturalist /seek

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

doesn't affect your ability to play until well after you retire, for most players anyway

if you can't breathe you can't sprint down the field

what does "ability to play" have to do with professional sports

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

MorrisBae posted:

One fun thing to do is figure how many years you realistically have left to live, and figure out what percentage of that time will be wasted by 2 years of quarantine

3.7% of my remaining days will be wasted on this

lol what is it you would be doing instead of quarantining that doesn't count as wasting your time

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Charun posted:

wondering, if there was an actual literal 9/11 each day if it'd take more than 2 months to be normalized

buildings are way more important than people

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Frogs are most certainly not ok

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just found out lf waifu m.i.a. is a 5g virus conspiracist. Sigh

https://twitter.com/MIAuniverse/status/1242421969905221634?s=19

yeah she works for the cia so it's not surprising she's pushing 5g conspiracies

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Seriously what is the deal with loving haircuts and having to get one as soon as possible

Gray hair that they're dying to hide

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

shovelbum posted:

Just because something has been historically abused doesn't mean it's a bad idea. The carceral state itself would be loving awesome if we used the same tools to police the right.

More

Woke

Prison Guards

go work for the cia you loving fascist

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Life isn't meaningless. Electoralism is meaningless, so stop basing your entire life around it.

Ok bin laden

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It feels like we're in a weird inbetween here. If say Illinois defaults on its debts, then what? You can't move Chicago or repossess a river. All the buildings and people there will continue to be there.

I'm not an attorney so I don't really see what functionally happens in that case, unless it's just paper changing hands and the Illinois treasurer just turning his pockets inside out and shrugging.

Loans from the world bank, massive austerity, the end of all public education

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Penisaurus Sex posted:

But who would do it?

It's not going to be China, it won't be the Feds (maybe?). There's no larger empire to put the boot down on the neck of the interior US.

Even a fed policy would be at risk of being dissolved whenever a popular politician felt pressure to do so or it became a less lucrative grift for their class contemporaries.

Jeff Bezos

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

In other countries like Sweden yeah but I don't know of state level ones that explain why the hell the south and iowa hasn't had insane outbreaks yet like I expected

Nobody lives in Iowa

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, so Ukraine's death rate is even lower than Russia, so they are even bigger liars? Belarus (20 million)has a similar death rate to Russia. Armenia also has a very low death rate (24 per Million).

A pan-former Soviet conspiracy?

(Also Latvia is 12 per million....)

perhaps they just have much better healthcare systems than the decadent west

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

actionjackson posted:

my radiologist friend has his own tennis court lol

hell yeah get dem figgies

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

amazing how a square of cement with a net over it is a status symbol

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Thesaurus posted:

There are goons posting in this thread who make $250k+ per year and probably some with household incomes above $500k.

Hell yeah get dem figgies, greed is good

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i feel like there's definitely some obvious bot behavior that could be looked for, like how when the venezuela stuff cooked off again there were suddenly a bunch of brand new twitter accounts purporting to be freedom-yearning venezuelans who all spoke perfect english and all just happened to post the same exact thing word for word

but also most americans are dumber than markov bots so i'm not sure how much utility identifying the more mundane bots would have

None of these bot identifying investigations will ever admit that most of them come from actors within the united states, it is only to fearmonger about russia and china

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Lol if literally any chlorine gas storage facilities at ANY municipal water treatment plant were to go off, will the the right winds, it would easily kill a third if not more of that municipality within minutes, but yeah go ahead and huff that poo poo from r the roni, trungle!

:wow:

did you know they put chlorine in salt too, it's hosed up

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

fit her liken? what kind of slang is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

euphronius posted:

staying home so also bad !! many kids aren’t learning anything m, the effects are radically disproportionate on poor kids, they are missing socializing and activities !!

it’s a complete catastrophe !!!

Many so called poor students dont even own a computer on which to zoom!