Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Flesh Forge posted:

oh I guess this was a conservative talking point today

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1256641587708342274

This data lags by 1-2 weeks, as the disclaimer on top says. The US is currently at 67000 dead.

"COVID-19 death counts shown here may differ from other published sources, as data currently are lagged by an average of 1–2 weeks."

"Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death."

Lambert has issued a correction as of 09:45 on May 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Blister posted:

lol going back to a gym anytime in may, you're going to 100% have like 6 guys with covid symptoms on day 1 saying they needed to get their workout in no matter what.

Probably planning on "sweating out" the virus through exercise.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I don't get going to concerts. Do you guys not know about Spotify and buying beer at the supermarket?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

1,000 deaths a day is the new normal lmao

Even weekend numbers are way past that, and regular weekdays are past 2000/day

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Rabbit has way too many bones, I don't recommend it.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

lol @ "10000 boat parade"

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Oh no I guess you shouldn't go outside for another month. Good luck at the supermarket!

That wasn't the point, though? Just admit you were wrong, you don't need to double down repeatedly.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Going outside is fine. Being in close proximity to other people that generate droplets is what's dangerous. This is actually an important point because all we have to do to give people adequate space outside is tear away some of our public space given to cars. We have an amazing opportunity to destroy car culture sitting in front of us all while letting people improve their mental health.

Some European cities like Vienna have rededicated some streets to pedestrians and bikes last month. I'd certainly enjoy less space given to cars.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Jesus Christ, why is Pelosi so terrible at opposition.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
It's still 100% a lie.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

brugroffil posted:

Calling Trump morbidly obese will send him into a rage

It also makes you seem really unlikeable in a country that's mostly overweight.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Thoguh posted:

Our big beautiful president is 239 pounds, exactly, Nancy. Which is one pound below the weight where someone of his height would be considered obese.

lol if you actually believe that.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
What happened?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Pryor on Fire posted:

If only there were some middle ground between right wing shitheads and the endless panic treadmill of MSNBC/Vox. Too bad there isn't oh well bleep bloop.

Stop watching MSNBC and posting like a moron on every topic.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

mastershakeman posted:

In other countries like Sweden yeah but I don't know of state level ones that explain why the hell the south and iowa hasn't had insane outbreaks yet like I expected

Sounds like you're going to have to vote for Trump again!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Rah! posted:

took a piss with hand sanitizer still on my hands now my gonads burn thanks obama

How sensitive are your gonads, Jesus Chroist.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Muh roights!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

I'm sure that's going to be a huge success.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

mastershakeman posted:

In other countries like Sweden yeah but I don't know of state level ones that explain why the hell the south and iowa hasn't had insane outbreaks yet like I expected

Ah yes, why doesn't everything happen immediately. That's my attention span.

Every one of your posts makes it obvious why you voted for Trump.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Those are very low numbers for something everybody should be in favor of even when no pandemic is going on. The US has extremely low voter turnout, things need to change.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

It's kind a baffling how little the Democrats and Biden have been able to steer public discourse. Both seem entirely gone from the conversation (with the exception of brief interludes, like Pelosi bragging about her freezer full of ice cream)

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

So the whole Sweden didn't close and they seem to be not doing differently thing is confusing as gently caress to me. I am assuming the news I'm seeing isn't telling the whole story? Or has Sweden been mostly life as usual this whole time?

Sweden closed universities, prohibits gatherings over 50 people and has distancing requirements for establishments like bars and restaurants.

Mobility data also shows that Swedes have been staying home way more.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Ah yes, the president that does no work ever except for ranting on Twitter and giving meandering press conferences really needs some time off.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

MorrisBae posted:

Top places for the Google search "I Can't Smell" in the last 7 days according to Google Trends

1. Illinois
2. Wisconsin
3. Alabama
4. Indiana
5. Maryland
6. Pennsylvania
7. South Carolina
8. Virginia
9. New Jersey
10. Minnesota
11. Arizona
12. Louisiana
13. New York
14. Georgia
15. Texas
16. Tennessee
17. Connecticut
18. North Carolina
19. Massachusetts
20. Ohio
21. Michigan
22. Missouri
23. California
24. Colorado
25. Nevada
26. Florida
27. Washington

Pretty interesting

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

mad.radhu posted:

to be honest I don't know how anyone on the left watches the news these days without going "oh, we're on the losing side of an arms race"

there's no victory to be had in some supposed moral high ground of going "Well actually I think we should ban all of those" to a bunch of nazis about to plug you full of lead

Your dumb gun toy was a waste of money and the US being chock full of guns didn't stop the rise of fascism. If anything, it greatly enabled it by causing police to militarize to an extreme degree.

You're not bringing about the revolution, your gun is useless.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

mad.radhu posted:

I would like to issue a formal apology for being personally responsible for the militarization of the police, I will accept whatever punishment you deem fitting

I suggest posting your weird fantasies to some gun nut forum instead.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Thoguh posted:

Yeah, if this thing ripped through Congress without a single one of them having more than a mild case and not even a single hospitalization that would mean everything we know about it is wrong.

Like, I'd absolutely believe their access to medical care would help them all survive if they all did get sick but congress is basically an old folks home theres no way half of them wouldn't be intubated by now.

It's very likely there's a very expensive treatment for Coronavirus the public doesn't know about. The US government was certainly talking about having one ready by this time back in March.

Lambert has issued a correction as of 00:44 on May 30, 2020

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Fake News, everybody knows Coronavirus is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Iron Crowned posted:

Apparently she has to stay because I crushed her ribs real good performing CPR the other day.

Pretty sure that's how you know you did it the right way. At least in our First Aid course we were told that it's very likely you'll crush the person's ribs when performing CPR.