Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

Just yelled at my dad and brothers via video on my dad's birthday and ended up hanging up on them out of frustration because they were all together in person with zero social distancing. My dad is high risk. They had all seemed to be taking it seriously but I guess the precautions don't apply to family birthday parties. I thought that they were setting up a video call for everyone to sing together from their own houses, and suddenly I time in to see them all blowing out the same cake. Really stressing me the fuxk out. Nobody is doing poo poo to stop this anymore

just ride the dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Lucas Oil Stadium has a seating capacity of 67,000

man if only every covid death was a colts fan

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

Arkansas gov. says 'spend money' as state economy opens

Demon cracker country got cracked open like an egg and all they can think of is "spend money" lmao

want a meme that says "millennials spend money like this and the dude has pokemon cards and a tshirt that says swag and boomers spend money like this and dude has a ventilator"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm dying...

For low prices!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

shovelbum posted:

this is our future every day

when that poo poo hits negative ghouls walk the earth

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

lol open it up u puss

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dustcat posted:

if there was a miracle drug for the hyperwealthy that reliably worked, trump would have blurted it out

we know for a fact that tainted adrenochrome from the wuhan child torture factory was an important vector in the beginning of the plague including mr tom hank's

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

is this the same hospital that has slippery floors near all the upper story windows?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Little Richard just died of bone cancer

it's ding-a-ling cancer

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

don't change viruses mid stream

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MorrisBae posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who used to watch that show

bullshit ripoff of Real Stories of the Highway Patrol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Lambeau Field is an outdoor athletic stadium in the north central United States, located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. With a capacity of 81,441, Lambeau Field is the fifth-largest stadium in the NFL with standing room, but is fourth in normal capacity.

honestly how densely can you pack the average packer fan in for standing room

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

is that a celebrity ?

her dad was in west side story.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
imo we should just all get the virus but also have limited immunity so we can then all get the virus again

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MadJackal posted:

One of the things I wrote during NY’s COVID epidemic got included in a podcast.

The narrator is pretty drat talented. I enjoyed listening to all of it. My part comes at the end, at the 36 minute mark.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7582720-when-we-sleep

cool bro

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bullfrog posted:

This is true for work culture too, but I remember it most strongly from when I was a kid so I'll use that as an example.

Who remembers being sick as a kid and for some reason it was seen as some moral failing, and if you didn't act like you were on the verge of death you'd get hit with such gems as "iF yOu FeEl GooD enOugH tO PlaY VidEoGamEs YoU fEEl gOoD eNouGh To gO tO SchoOl". I wonder how many grandmas we killed this way because authority figures thought we were just trying to get out of school

I'd always feel pretty lovely through the price is right but by the time animaniacs and power rangers came on I'd be feeling okay.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
https://twitter.com/nyttypos/status/1261682039297921024

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spoondick posted:

went to the store to get some poo poo and as i was coming in some 12 year old looking 16 year old one third my size started fake coughing at me

that kid is for real going to be knocked unconsious if they keep that up

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lawman 0 posted:

I am pro cheese head and don't take pleasure in reporting this

I am pro cheese, head

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

nikosoft posted:

I started off my morning arguing with people on reddit about serology tests, so that's a good way to spend my time, I guess.

drat you got owned

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Linux Nazi posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but could there be multiple but similar strains of covid going around? So many stories of re-infection conflicting with antibody responses, and how some folks seem to have such wildly different responses in general. Is it possible to have 2 strains of a virus that are close enough to test positive but not close enough for antibodies to be effective?

People have been doing a lot of genetic analysis on the different strains of virus and have a pretty good idea of whats out there. It seems that getting infected twice by different strains in the exact same geographical area is a lot less likely than the tests being lovely and some people are predisposed (for one reason or another) to be likely for a false negative.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I think if they develop an actual real and good vaccine for Corona we should be asking why there are no vaccines for other widespread viruses.

Which viruses are these that need a vaccine?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean is anyone arguing to reopen everything now not arguing that the goal is to infect 80% of everyone. I can see the argument is that we're way off on the lethality of the virus but is anyone arguing that we're not all getting it now?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Lmao my wife's grandma is like 80 and is generally super high risk for this and has been taking this reasonably seriously but she told us today that since things are opening back up she's gonna get her nails done and go to bingo.

I mean literal yolo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Hexigrammus posted:

drat this thread is hard to keep up with. What the hell does the enzyme used by jellyfish for bioluminescence have to do with Covid-19? Can I get my luciferase vaccine mixed with its luciferin subtrate and injected as a glow in the dark tattoo?

:hfive:

it probably was used as a tag in antibody binding assays or something and people ran along

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
it's extremely easy to hike in the western us away from people especially if you don't go to a national park.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rah! posted:

trader joes in oakland

im sure they made her put her mask back on when she tried to go inside, like everyone else

but u gotta love a nurse that doesnt understand or care about how the death plague spreads :911:

The rockridge one?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

What this poll undersells is that on every single question ~15% of people said either, “I don’t know,” “neither of the fuckers,” “BERNIE *click*,” or “Please help me, my family is dying”

No "Preteens" question, would not respond.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Los Angeles is such a such a beautiful environment with constant sunshine that everybody wants a piece of LA to the point where people absolutely learn to hate everything with a seething passion that wavers between becoming a single minded psychopathic cockroach that does their job better than any other person on earth or suicidal with the joy of joining the abyss, depending on what time of day it is, coupled with the pounding fact that everybody here is a transplant or the children of transplants cut off from all the roots in a city that hates all sense of past and history and joyfully gathers people from the rest of the world who are superficial, stupid, confused, and greedy to utterly isolate them all the time, but distracted with: traffic, your job, hatred of your job, hatred of social actives, and hatred of all people and their horrifying conversations that is grounded in materialism so obvious everybody mistaken it as stupid, yet utterly detached from reality that stating simple truths becomes an infinite loop of sincerity and irony; really it's just "another day in paradise."

I used to live in la. it was a nice place to live

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SardonicTyrant posted:

Talk about a legend.

this legend did not continue

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

triple sulk posted:

the sun loving sucks and is bad for your skin so lol at prematurely aging rather than being holed up at home playing video games and only going out for groceries or to pick up some food

yeah but sunning your bung with a direct ray is real top notch

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is the virus actually that infectious on a windy beach compared to being indoors anywhere?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm buying a bunch of the BigDogs shirts that say "hey covid, open this for business ↓" on the back side.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

1% death rate is horrible lmao

We should get chuds to put 1% patches on their biker vests before they go to bars to celebrate the high survivability of the virus.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

holy poo poo the residents are still making music?

To be fair we don't know if it's the original residents,

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/shomaristone/status/1264298868650500096

uhhhh...

star citizen is going to become reality before star citizen comes out

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KindDiscreteClam-mobile.mp4

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I would get wet and wild for the Troops this memorial day tyvm

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Grilled some brats for dinner oh boy! summer is here.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Definitely not a player death. That would just result in a bunch of touching tributes and, like, a t-shirt giveaway with his number on Senior night. A SEC HC is gonna have to go

Coach O, but with a driving cough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BMX Ninja posted:

The BBC just did a bank holiday trip report from various popular spots around the UK

Scotland

Wales

Northern Ireland

England

Guess which country dropped the "stay at home when possible" message?

England

I assume the beach is poo poo in England too but I can guarantee that Scottish beach is not comfortable for sunbathing