Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Saxophone posted:

Anyway, yeah there’s almost no way to get 50+ people in a room and produce only music. There’s a ton of other sound. I’m trying to remember which song but there’s a video game music piece I used to point out to folks where a percussionist clearly drops a stick or something. Entertaining.

This rules. It's the Stormtrooper bumping their head on the doorway in A New Hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Did the final superboss. Fun fight, but finishing it off with a 14m Chain Attack was, like, jeez I've come a long way.

Also, the music that plays during Chain Attack whips rear end. When the high hats and pinch harmonics come in, I'm in total :thatsrad: mode

isk
Oct 3, 2007

MechaX posted:

I know people are down on Sena, but I find her adorable

I think she's terrific. Strong herbo energy

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Nyoro posted:

It is so insane you cannot level down that I feel it must be some sort of mistake

(Since you can in 2)

you can level down in postgame / New Game +

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Leathal posted:

https://github.com/RoccoDev/xc3-difficulty-unlocker

Bringer of Chaos mode is already in the base game along with custom difficulty settings. The linked mod unlocks them.

Mostly looking forward to playing NG+ with a functional debuffing class since there’s a debuff resist setting now.

Thanks for signal boosting this! Tried compiling a custom version from source but was unsuccessful. Thankfully the author was extremely responsive and helpful; they fixed one issue I ran into and provided an easy workaround for the other. For anyone interested, full details are in this GitHub thread.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Speaking for myself, I lack a strong basis of comparison for the series. I never played 1 or 2. All I remember from XCX's cutscenes is a) the player character always had the same animation just before a dialog choice, and b) Tatsu's annoying.

Like I totally get ludonarrative dissonance, and it's unreasonable to expect multiple cutscenes per battle that change based on the player's actions, but there are other ways of improving the experience. The narrative should consider the perspective of the player, and the gameplay should sync up with the narrative.

To be clear, I liked XC3, I fully recommend it, and I'll probably do a New Game+ run when DLC comes out. It's a hell of a game. Next time 'round, I would like fewer seams between a boss battle and the subsequent story.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

spoon

isk
Oct 3, 2007

I played XC3 on Yuzu the whole time. It was brilliant. Initial setup took a bit (partly because the instructions were outdated). Thankfully it's a one-time thing. Plus, I didn't have to permanently jailbreak a Switch in the process. I'll still pay for the games I play, but I can't imagine going back to the actual console.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

It's basically this, yes

(This isn't to say I didn't enjoy XBC3, I think it's amazing, but wow it is frequently subtle as a hammer)

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Mea Tulpa posted:

The other thing that drives me crazy is characters repeating back what they just heard as a question.

:same:

Ah, exposition time. Good.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

YIPPEE

isk
Oct 3, 2007

IMO they're all pretty great

Eunie's da bus

Also, Sena. People-pleasing herbo just doing her best. YIPPEE

isk
Oct 3, 2007

I know it'll never happen but Sena and/or Lanz would be perfect for Smash

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Rex's new look is like the first look at Chris "Beefbus" Redfield in Resident Evil 4

isk
Oct 3, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Best Character: Eunie

She really is the bus

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Counterpoint:

YIPPIE

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Started FR this week. Started liking Matthew more once I realized he's a British football hooligan with a heart of gold. Then I got to the chapter 2 finale and jammed out to Flight from Xenogears for an hour straight. The expansion really kicks into overdrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

roomtwofifteen posted:

Only thing I am still begging for is the ability to skip through chain attacks. I know it'll never get patched in though

It won't, and that's the right call because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDd6PFIhHeo