Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
So it looks like the government will win the vote to end remote voting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Yes! Yes!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Cerv posted:

exactly
safety net rhetoric justifies things like the savings cap in UC. if you've still got £15k in the bank you've not fallen yet. have to burn through your life savings first before the state will support you.

what if you have 3-4k in the bank

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Terfs are scum

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Mancock's eyes are dead.

There's nothing there, nothing behind them to suggest he was ever a human...

No humanity

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

justcola posted:

Various UK protests and that Bristol statue has brought me joy this weekend

E-mailed you, thanks!

I'm not sure if I've been looking at too many images from the Daily Star/Sport but this guy looks very familiar, maybe the same one as 'my wife sucked off our neighbour whilst I clapped for carers' or 'pervert sues government for quarantine as he's obsessed with sniffing bus seats' - can't remember

pissflaps has fallen on hard times

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Gossip time, but Natalie Rowe is making noises about revealing who "Mr Twist" from her autobiography is:

https://twitter.com/RealNatalieRowe/status/1270402225156866061

https://twitter.com/RealNatalieRowe/status/1270421736027295751

Note that she's done this before, teasing that she'll reveal who he is, but this time she's offered some rather more specific hints (in particular that he's knighted and a media owner rather than just a media figure) than last time that also exclude a couple of the most-guessed suspects from previous teases (including mine), so it's possible that she might be serious this time.

This woman was on big brother... and she said some things

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Tarnop posted:

I agree with this post. The UKMT as a whole has been a place of great education for me (and I appreciate you all, even the folks I always end up arguing with), but Owl's technique (explained earlier in this thread) for making information understandable and digestible really does produce some valuable posts. That plus the whole cloak, staff, and beard thing has given me a mental image of a sort of political Gandalf striding about the land, imparting wisdom.

lets not go too far here

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
JK Rowling keeps doubling down, she a scumbag

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

bessantj posted:

And they're going after Gavin & Stacey! Now they've gone too far, or not far enough. I don't know I haven't watched much of the show.

it's a poo poo show

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Domestic violence victim or not she's still a bad person

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

sorry but what does any of this have to do with the sun splashing an interview with her abuser on the front page to eek out some sales. like are we seriously edging up to critical support for the sun because it traumatised someone we don't like. wth. the issue is what the tabloid press have deemed fair game here, not whether jrk is a bad person so maybe deserves it.

hopefully you were consistent and dismissed their blood and soil coverage of shamima begum because begum has done war crimes and poo poo so therefore we don't have to lend her any empathy or support.

Settle down, okay?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Camrath posted:

Wow, thank you everyone for the feedback!

Very glad to hear that the Apple Pie is going down so well- that was a recipe I came up with myself, rather than adapting or adding to a preexisting one so there’s some level of pride involved!

Rest assured it will feature again in future months. :)

When will you be open for a new order?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

There's been people talking about Black lives, and people talking about fash lives, but what about my life?

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1271789017592467458

I wonder what devices she's carrying, maybe she's using it in the IED sense.

everything is about her

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Ms Adequate posted:

Can't wait for them to realise that to enforce their evil terf rules they're going to have to have someone at every single loo in the country inspecting everyone's chromosomes before entry

Not even that, they're going to have to check everyone's genitals

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Still no arrest for man dressed as glans

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I think Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales have waited long enough for England to sort it's poo poo out

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Is there a specific discord I can attend

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Is there a serious likelihood of this forum disappearing?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

We don't know, it might, or it might just become somewhere you wouldn't want to post. But join the discord if you would like to.

Will do so

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

The discord has way too many channels but the cat one is nice

tried twice but still waiting for access, not sure if i did something wrong

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

Orange chocolate is shite

you can't possibly know that

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Chip sauce is pretty nice

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

Brexit is gonna be insane especially after covid-19. You'd think a sane government would be desperately trying to get a deal through but we're in bizzarro world where nothing makes sense anymore.

Britain is irredeemable and we are all paying for the mistakes and wrongs of its past, this is the spot coming to a head, the worm surfacing

Basically the uk needs to disintegrate into various nations, with England probably being split up if you want to deal with the north/south divide in any meaningful way

gently caress this country and it's horrible treatment of anyone who isn't white or rich or cis or straight or male or Christian etc etc

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

kecske posted:

subscribe to fudge imo

I hope mine arrives soon, i want to eat my weekly allotment of calories in a single day

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Camrath posted:

Did you order for the July cook (which is being started today) or the previous one? If it’s the latter, drop me a pm or email with your details and I’ll see what the situation is; one package took three weeks to travel a couple of miles, and one (that I know of) is still lost-in-transit.

If it’s the former, don’t worry, everything is on schedule :)

Done!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Apparently Westminster planning to withhold power to control state aid from Wales & Scotland after Brexit transition

https://nation.cymru/news/uk-government-planning-to-withhold-power-from-wales-and-scotland-after-brexit-transition/

Which reminds me, haven't seen Coohoolin lately?

Love it when the Uk government forces more and more people to support independence

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

quote:

In addition, after independence, Scottish politics will probably be emboldened.. it's anecdotal i know would work, mostly because it makes you an object of pity to be shown to the soundtrack of Margret Thatcher's horrid screaming CoolCab hosed around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 12, 2016.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Who is this and what is context

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

My (American) granddad said that when he was a kid (in 1920s Minnesota) he had a dog called the n-word. He didn't defend it or anything, he just said that "oh, well, we thought it was fine at the time".

Are you saying he was a racist

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

winegums posted:

I'm not sure how committed the SNP are to Scottish independence vs just agitating for it whilst enjoying being in power. The only way they're getting independence is with civil disobedience, withholding tax receipts etc, which they aren't going to do.

we have a collaborater here

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Humans are such easy prey...

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

She actually looks a lot like Michael Gove. It's unsettling to see that on a young, female face.

what

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Fudge report;

Just finished the strawberry and cream fudge and it is amazing, would genuinely buy it if it was in the store.

Could probably do with a smaller box and less of the red string stuff, but i don't ship items so im pretty ignorant of what you need to do

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Will order fudge again, not sure if i can afford it this coming month but will definitely do it again!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Lol we hosed

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

it's great news about italy because im going on holiday there next week. don t hink sicily was ever seriously affected though?

gently caress off scum

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
whats the likelihood of lockdown happening again?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The grain silo is probably gone but I think, and hope, the rest is just dust being kicked up and superficial damage.

Mate, people will have literally been vaporised in that blast, they own flesh peeling off and burning like terminator 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

gently caress me could you sound a bit less like you're masturbating to the thought?

What are you trying to imply here