Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Ben Soosneb posted:

I was halfway through and it's started 404 ing on the podbean site. Has something gone wrong?

I lurk a lot but never actually got round to listening to one before. It's good (thanks for listening to my opinion).

Sorry, I hosed up the edit and left some lovely audio in (all my bits lmao) I’ve took in the meantime and I’ll have it back up as soon as I’m able!

Thank you for your opinion, it is both cool and good :) I’m glad you’re enjoying it! While this one is down, might I recommend our other film one wherein we discuss the unified centrist reading of the Star Wars nonology?

Episode 26 - Controls on Space Immigration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Ben Soosneb posted:

I will! Thanks.

I was really enjoying your readings of the marvel films despite having only seen a handful! It reminded me of a pub conversation I once had - Jurassic Park is clearly a lesson against the free-market drive towards deregulation, unfortunately I lost my audience a bit when I started drawing paralles to the classic kids book Dear Zoo .

Think I'm a bit politicedanxietied out at the moment, I guss you do a mix of popculturey stuff and more politicy ones? I'll have a look through.

Also, I'm not sure anyone remembers, but I was asking advice for a friend about a housing situation a few months ago, you (all you thread) were realy helpful and I never came back to say thankyou. So sorry, and thankyou.

bad edit:

Perfect!

I could (and probably will on the pod) talk about Jurassic park for loving hours, I love that poo poo.

Star Wars and MCU are our only two episodes based purely on the politics of entertainment media so far (though there’s also a video games industry episode where we talk about working practices and unionisation efforts), and we’re gonna keep doing them, I’ve been working on a Star Trek hot take for a little while which I’m hopefully gonna get arranged soon, and now you’ve stuck Jurassic Park in my head :v:

Also worth noting that the cast is loving huge and changes from episode to episode, some people coming on for a one off and others as returning cast members of varying frequency, and we’ve had a couple of guests in Nate Bethea from Trashfuture a couple times, and Jack Frayne-Reid from Reel Politik on recently to discuss the leaked labour report.

For those of you less media inclined looking for a news ep, we’ve got one in the planning stages atm about the riots and a recent history of good old homegrown british racism. Should be out by the end of the week. Should.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Podcasting is Praxis - Episode 41 - The Old World Is Dying is now out!

The episode was recorded back on Wednesday (I am bad at time management) so doesn't have anything about slave dunking in unfortunately, but we've got two separate recordings planned for this week where Events will most certainly be discussed!

This ep featuring Junior G-Man, Coohoolin, Ferrosol's first outing and the long awaited return of Rarity.

Enjoy!

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Shyrka posted:

Having to praise Lowtax to get onto the discord right now feels like especially poor taste.

This is because we’re using a goon auth bot, it’s worth doing atm but that can’t be changed on the discord’s end afaik.

Everyone please join the discord, even if it’s a just in case.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Could also just be discord being poo poo, give it a little bit and try it again

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

crispix posted:

Anyone who prefers not to move on from the 1990s is welcome on #ukgoons IRC channel - link in OP :coffeepal:

those "AUSSIE BUM" underwears, i see them very differently thanks to jose

loving splitter

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

We didn’t need to google it because we’ve grasped the basic strands of a simple point, hth

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Jose Mengelez posted:

jesus don't cocktease me. is it or isn't it?

It’s plainly obvious

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Jose Mengelez posted:

it means someone who can't gently caress good, that's why it's paired with microdicked. if you consider this ableism there's no hope for you.

Lmao

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm in the UKGoons discord (listed under the Commies). Which channel is most like this thread for future reference?

Two forums I used to be an active member of folded in 2011 and their replacements never really worked, being abandoned within months.

Several of us from each of those forums are on FB - one forum I met quite a few in real life, the other - none in real life but 9 years later we're still friends (and 'beyond the call of duty' friends in a couple of cases!)

Some people though have no interest in joining FB and all good intentions of staying in touch via email soon wither and die, email is not conducive to 'water cooler chat' type conversations, and there comes a point for many when FB force you to put your real name (or something demonstrably close to your real name) on an account. I'm reluctant to do that with politics because there is too much screenshotting of things posted by people in their real names going on (on FB).

Ukpol is the most like this thread but tbh the ethos is all through the server since it’s the same people for the most part

Mugsbaloney posted:

phew just caught up with this thread. Been here for several years, and learnt a lot, didn't really make any friends but then I don't really see this as a "community" as such, more a really valuable place for communication and analysis, and it's fairly unique in the sense that it can't easily be replicated on Discord if the plug was to be pulled. Whatever happened over the last few pages with some aggrieved rando throwing a wobbly is no joke probably the worst the thread has ever been (not in the sense that I have an opinion on jose, but more like I didn't come here to read about a specific poster) , but it's still way better than reddit. Maybe there should be a helldump type subforum to contain the weird drama stuff?

The problem with people having meltdowns is that they tend not to go to the designated meltdown section to do it

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Without this thread I wouldn’t have made loads of very cool friends and wouldn’t have the podcast to shunt way too much time into, and I’d probably be a much shittier person.

Thanks goons.

Thoons.

justcola posted:

I know you're all thinking; which one was it though, which was best, which won in the end?

It was Flamin' Hot

Glad this was settled with the right answer before the end.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

gh0stpinballa posted:

i want to be on the podcast at some point it seems fun

Hit us up on the discord and such things could happen!

E: http://twitter.com/SanitaryNaptime as if it’s not plugged in half the pod episodes already anyway

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Vitamin P posted:

Resenting the situation or being bored by the work broadly isn't the same as resenting and losing interest in the particular specific thing that is giving you the money you need to not die. If doing a late shift at the soul-destroying call centre is the difference between making rent in two days or not no-one is resenting that extra shift and they don't find the concept of that extra shift boring either it's acutely interesting because it's their human needs being met or not.

The experience of living on low-paid work is boring and breeds resentment but the actual material act is something you set an alarm to show up to do and every day you prioritise doing it over every other element of your life.

The 'once I get paid I've been sullied by the dollar and my interest fllits elsewhere' idea is scummy as gently caress congrats on being rich enough that you can divide your labour not by survival but by whim.

I’ve very often been poor as gently caress and I resent anything I’m paid to do, even things I enjoy, because I am not paid fairly for them and the value of my labour is being stolen.

gh0stpinballa posted:

aw cheers. i just followed you (@toast fam) but im not on discord. you got a link i will set up an account.

There’s a link to it in the OP, and then an auth process, might not happen immediately since it’s arsehole o’clock, but check back on it in the morning.

Unkempt posted:

I want this to be true, this is amazing.

My wee granny bought me my account lmao

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm gonna be sad if SA goes, this thread has been such a weird constant in my life since I registered in my teens. I lurked for most of that time but it has always been a nice refuge from brainworm liberalism and has taught me a lot. I hope we manage to keep going in some way, but if not :rip: goons, it's been a blast. Keep fighting the good fight.

Join the discord, weetman posting hasn’t been restricted there yet

E:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

No pod this week folks, I hosed up and lost my audio. As a consolation, have what I made out of the intro:

https://twitter.com/sanitarynaptime/status/1276889182057750529?s=21

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

ThomasPaine posted:

If the Labour left does get purged and creates a new party, is it doomed to go the way of CUK or could the grassroots energy that Corbyn mobilised go some way to mitigating the disadvantages of being a smaller party under FPTP, and even potentially make a successful case that it's the 'real' Labour Party?

Usually I'd disregard the idea, but these are strange times and there was a hell of a lot of energy behind JC that hasn't gone anywhere. Obviously there's not going to be a landslide win for a new party but perhaps a few seats...

The Labour Party will die if a wing of it with confirmed left wing credentials splits off so even if it’s not immediately successful it will at least have helped to kill the plague which is Labour and that’s a worthy goal tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

So it’s been one year since we started the pod, and as a present to celebrate this, here is a mockumentary episode that was a lot of fun to make! Enjoy :)

https://praxiscast.podbean.com/e/episode-49-a-very-special-mockumentary-by-curtis-adams/