Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

gently caress, the enemies heal every turn in chapter 3 :negative:

Looks like I'm going to have to grind a bit more on the mirror dungeon to overpower their drat heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Is it advisable to convert all of my shards to threads right away? I know this is extremely short term, but the boost from uptied identities seem huge and you'll be able to grind for them in mirror dungeons over the long term anyway?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I feel like I'm cheating when I use my Rabbit Heathcliff. Especially on mirror runs. He isn't quite as good in multiple waves fights, but even out of ammunition, he still has shitloads of coin to brute force clashes anyway.

Also I can't seem to add friends, but here's my id, Z100768585

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I was stubborn and persisted through with my mostly slash, some bleed team through chapter 3. drat, that final stretch on the third floor of the dungeon and the boss was rough. The three waves of enemies earlier in the chapters was painful too.

Good game imo. Can't wait for more chapters.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

lmao, apparently the PC update came with a little gift in the form of a backup of the source code apparently.

hopefully it doesn't lead to malicious stuff

Wooooooow that's not good.

I rolled N Meursault and since I already wanted him and hadn't done any of his identities, I went ahead and untied it and lol I think they hosed up the cutscene for the story bit. The images used for the identities stories are supposed to be pulled from the two art on the identities right? N Meursauly didn't have that, it started on the limbus bus and as people spoke to him, sprites of the sinners popped up accordingly.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

ok, if you're running a full charge team (except rabbit heathcliff, who doesnt count as a charge identity)

What do you mean, Rabbit Heathcliff doesn't count? Part of his kit includes using charge, he just doesn't really need a lot of it. His first skill generates charge, and his active passive uses it to buff himself on 5+ charge.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'd still like to know what the hell its passives are. Or how to get full Abno stories in general (even if being easy is nice. Like, just break the body and win?)

I think the dailies actually clears your observation levels to blank. To see the full story you need to encounter the abnormalities in mirror dungeon runs.

I'd be curious to see if doing dailies did count toward the observation levels on the backend, you just can't ever see it until you see the abnormality somewhere else.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Is it just me beating the cyborgs even more hard than I already was or did the story removal on abnormalities patch really screw the flow of the fight?

I beat up "You want to get beat? Hurtily?", until I get the cutscene for the factory, and then I beat up "You want to get beat? Hurtily?" one more time and it just dies, and then I have to kill the smaller add-ons five times each when I didn't used to need to do.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Jossar posted:

I thought you always had to also kill them to finish the fight. Maybe the last time you fought them, they exploded from their passive?

Also, taking the downtime to read Hell Screen, and yeah, a lot of stuff we see for Ryoshu makes sense.

Yeah, but I only had to kill them once last week, and this week I had to kill them five times each.

I think it's a bug where if you kill YWTGBH between the first and second cutscene, the second one never happens so you have to kill the adds 4 times so their passive kills them (since that cutscene is what disables the revival gimmick).

Okay, that does explain it. Guess I should hold back a bit next time.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Holy poo poo gently caress the Everything There fight. That one took me the longest and the most attempts to clear.

I had to alternate between the big guy and a little guy, clashing as needed to stop the heal just so I didn't take too much damage from the bullshit counters. I'm glad I had G Gregor to soak those counters since he can just heal back up.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

That’s still not a spoiler, because every story ID we’ve seen so far belongs to a dead person.

We know her rear end is dead in ruina by now. :v:

I think ShoutokuTaisho meant the duo actually physically showing up in Limbus Company properly, and not just as identities.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

red plastic cup posted:

Leviathan opens on or around Christmas where Tomerry destroys the orphanage and Verg & Iori fight. Vergilius meets up with Garnet some time after (how long?) and the rest of Leviathan happens, ending with Vergilius and Charon meeting Faust and being recruited into Limbus Company.

Kromer and her Nagel und Hammer goons kill Sinclair's family sometime prior to the start of the game (near Christmas? Sinclair was going to get the head-prosthetic operation soon, perhaps as a Christmas present?) and go on to occupy Calw, setting up the bodies of the townsfolk to sing Silent Night. I don't think they were occupying the town for too long because the first sign of trouble was when N-Corp ambushed the bus as they were driving closer. If N-Corp had been in Calw for an extended period of time, I'd have thought that there would be something like a warning at the K-Corp checkpoint or K-Corp guards blocking off the road itself.

Did both of those events happen in 983-12?

The end of Library of Ruina's gotta be 982-12 at the very least, surely? Since there's a time gap between the first chapter and the rest. One of the orphan becomes a fixer in Vergil's office, and the prologue for Limbus Company happens on 984-01. The timing does not work out at all for that orphan to get his license after an event like that.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I wouldn't be so sure that the antagonistic party toward us is N Corp either. Sure, a good chunk of our rivals seems to be coming from that company, but I don't think Hong Lu's family is from there? And I didn't really get the impression that Kramer's group was with the rival faction?

And you're forgetting about the third faction, that Demian seems to be involved in.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 12, 2023

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

AweStriker posted:

Hong Lu’s brother Jia Huan turned up with the darker-clothed N Corp group at the end of Canto I - with Hermann and Gubo.

As for those guys not matching the Inquisitors… yeah we don’t have an explanation for that I think…

That's what I'm saying, tho. They might not be N Corp.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

red plastic cup posted:

It's been a while since I've looked at Leviathan, but I thought that Garnet & Lapis were already adults (and that Garnet was already a fixer with Seven Association) when the orphanage was destroyed.

Even assuming this, that's still a tight time span, Leviathan starts at the end of December, being Christmas, and then it seems like there's some kind of time skip, maybe a couple of days, maybe months. But if it's days, then that places it in January, and Limbus Company starts January.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Was it translated? I heard PM didn't project to.

They did up to the 15th chapter, the last four, people machine translated.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I've completed the refraction railway, but not under 120 turns. I kind of want to, but also :effort:

Anyone got any braindead strategy for this?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Oh yeah, that's not a problem. I got fairly lucky on rolling identities, and farmed the rest of them. I also ended up farming all but one EGO, Telepole Faust, because well why would I, she's got a better HE EGO.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I did some pulls actually hoping for shards more than the EGOs. And I got a dupe BL Yi Sang which dropped the price of his EGO by half. Now again with the question of Getting 2 of Ardor Blossom/Dimension Hong Lu/Telepole Faust since Wishing Cairn is now out of my sight.

If you have Fluid Sac Faust, I wouldn't bother with Telepole.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Does this mean the EGO ids are part of the technology liberation alliance? I notice that the banner title for the upcoming Gregor/Don is:
Technology Liberation Alliance
Rosespanner Workshop

But the only directly related id is Gregor's? Seems to be suggesting that the TLA is actively using the abnormalities? I guess we'll know more in a week.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

4-27, yeah but there's like actually 20 battle nodes. The other 7 are just story nodes.

Yinlock posted:

it might be a lobcorp survivor who never had to hand in their EGO due to their CEO dissolving

The bull was running wild, and K Corp was acting pretty odd about it. They didn't seem to want anyone to know, even going so far as not to get Siegfried involved who is about the publicity. Plus, they were running experiment in the old L Corp branch, I assume on abnormalities.

That same branch got raided and taken over by the TLA. The TLA was probably who released the bull on the Nest.

No wonder K wanted to keep this shushed up, their security failing to stop their facility being raided by a bunch of random punks, and then those same punks presumably using the results of their experiment/technology on them, does not speak well of K. All speculation based on what we know of part 1 and this new banner, but I think it holds up.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Oh huh, the woman at the end of the chapter is wearing a brown raincoat under her K jacket. I think that answers the question. I assume this is also how we're going to see the Sinclair and Ishmael ego ids, showed in the chapter 2 trailer, we're going to meet TLA members wearing those EGO.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

I'd suppose it'd be pretty hard for a product that existed before L Corp. (as evidenced by the fact the L Corp. used it in their HQ) to be derived from an abnormality that L Corp. created.

I know it's an abnormality, but doesn't the description of the abnormality imply it was an item found in the outskirts?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Laetitia is clearly a positive coin ID, because she is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

That was a neat final fight for the second part. The last couple of clashes was cool, and I'm looking forward to the Spicebush EGO ID for Yi Sang, surely he's going to get that? I know we haven't gone into the dungeon, there might be a more fitting one in there, but come on?

Also, I'm taking a look at the EGO in the battlepass. Heathcliff's EGO is a TETH, and he has no current TETH, so you can just slot that in, no problem. Outis's EGO is also a TETH, and she does have Ya Śūnyatā Tad Rūpam for that slot, but I think the Sunshower EGO is superior? Seems to have better effects and can burst tremor on a critical, which considering the many many tremor ids this chapter is throwing at us, seems pretty good?

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 8, 2023

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

End of chapter spoilers
I'm seeing at least two potential chapter 4 ID, a T Corp soldier and Dongrang's EGO. We also don't have Sinclair's EGO ID or an actual K corp soldier ID. Since we know they come in pairs, we're either going to get Sinclair and Dongrang's EGO, or we'll also get those other two?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

There's at least five possible new IDs, potentially six.

K Corp grunt (might be skipped), K Corp shield grunt, K Corp elite, T Corp soldier, Sinclair EGO, and Dongrang's EGO.

I'm really wondering about those K Corp grunts, yeah. The Rosespanner Office and the Technology Liberation Alliance Ids are grouped under world of K Corp, so either we're reusing Sinners for ids, or the pool of available Sinner is becoming rapidly very limited.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that N Corp. now has more competition for the title of "Worst Wing", now that we've seen a Nest that is so bad the Backstreets seem appealing?

As a resident, K Corp still seems pretty appealing, tho? There's the risk of the higher up deciding hey this would make a great snuff film if you get in serious poo poo, yeah, but most of the suffering is frontloaded by their singularity?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yinlock posted:

I dunno if this was always a thing but I think EGO passives don't vanish between fights in the mirror dungeon

At the very least I was given notifications about Sunshower's passive like multiple fights after I used it

Relatedly, poor N Sinclair

I went to verify this with an EGO that shows obvious result, Faust's Fluid Sac which applies 2 protection to the ally with the lowest hp. The protection didn't show up in the next fight, unfortunately. I don't know what happened with your run.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yinlock posted:

couple more on the New Abno List while i'm still keeping track-

3 spooky skeleton skulls, of which the Laughing Skull is doing Morte from Planescape: Torment's exact avatar pose

Funeral Of Unemployed Butterflies

Forsaken Murderer with an Enk box for a head

The best part about the Forsaken Murderer aberration is that it's implied to be a former L Corp employee who survived their branch burial by dunking their head in one of those Enk boxes. I'm really liking those former Corp employee abnormalities, the W Corp one was awful too.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1677327308447727622

lol jesus christ, they delayed the notice detailing the changes that resulted in the delay of the hard mode.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Aumanor posted:

Anyone care to post the rest of the thread? I haven't been able to see replies on Twitter for a while now, probably because I don't have an account.

Yeah, gently caress twitter, we should be linking to the steam news pages instead.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/3667667670721532078

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

So we have a Rabbit, a Reindeer, and a Rhino identity now, when do we get our R Commander Outis?

https://twitter.com/nyagaichi/status/1678352983577485313?t=N8LYAwXN8XI57Pi9tKyBGw&s=19

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I want a RCorp Don Quixote

RCorp Don but somehow she's become the black ops of R, the Ravens.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

With MD2 Hard coming soon, and 00s being free, I figure I should ask and see what 00s I should be leveling up for the content. Don't even need to mention Hong Lu, that one is a freebie, naturally.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

You're right on synergistic status effects, but the ego gifts are just random enough that it feels really bad if your team does not match the gifts you're getting in any way.

I don't think I can justify NOT bringing R Heathcliff along, so that leaves 1-2 000 slots open.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

It's not all entirely bad. You still get a bonus, and if you stack things up perfectly, it could be even better than it originally was.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yinlock posted:

That thread cost is absurd and the EGOs requiring even more shards makes no sense at all

also funny is that we have to uptie the LCB Sinners ourselves now, gently caress you f2p go join the others in the Thread Mines

EGOs require more shards because they're more universal than identities, at least so far. It makes sense, you just don't have to like it.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I got relatively lucky with the bosses this week, pulled Kromer, bull and then fox. Kept banging my head against the bulls absurd coin values. Probably could have cleared it eventually but I just ate the losses, the other two was easy. Gotta do some normal runs next week so I can get those upper left buffs for the bull or my form empties, jeez. At least we only have to do it once per week now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Here's a rough attempt at making a list of the "holy poo poo get this" ones, at least. (With the caveat that I haven't seen the Uptie 4 benefits for a few characters like our good friend Tree Sang.)

-W Corp Don gets so much more charge from her level one and much more payoff for having high charge
-Grip Faust was already great, and now her last two skills and Whistles are even better
-R Corp Heathcliff gets enough ammo for another round of good combat. You'll know if you use him in enough long fights for that to be good as soon as you hear that.
-R Corp Ishmael is much better at getting charge and no longer loses all her charge as soon as she Mind Whips, and possibly some nice number buffs on top of that? (I don't have her myself, I just saw it when my friend was going over the new upties last night.)
-W Corp Meursault's glow-up is what they introduced this mechanic with, and N Corp Meursault actually sounds like a really solid tank now
-If you like any of the Poise-based 3*s and you wish you could justify using them, uptie 4 gives them enough poise generation to actually be worth the effort. It's probably not enough to make Poise good overall, but it should be enough to make them usable.
-Similarly, W Corp Faust generates enough charge to actually function now

And a few honorable mentions
-If you like the ID factions focused on status effects, they're better at synergizing around it. N Corp upties let them apply enough Nails to actually get those synergies going, Rosespanner get coin power if you apply enough Tremor, Liu is more reliable at applying burn so you get their burn synergy bonuses instead of just winning because they're good at dealing damage anyway, etc.
-A lot of people's kits get status effects spread across them so they actually look coherent. LobCo Faust has enough Poise to look like a Poise ID and not just someone with three completely random skills, Seven Outis and Yi Sang have Rupture spread across their entire kit instead of only having one skill with Rupture in the gen-pool Rupture faction, etc.

Most of the uptie 4s don't seem like must-haves (either because they don't add much or they make a character you probably aren't using anyway more usable), so after a point it's basically just picking your favorites and giving them some love.

I'd strike R Corp Heathcliff from that list. 3 ammo is nice, but it's such a loving minor update compared to everyone else on that list. You already have to spend a lot of resources on uptie 4, good god, don't blow it on a top tier ID that gets functionally one extra turn, even if it is a strong turn.

If you're running out of ammunition during regular fights, you are doing something very very wrong. Most story bosses don't last long enough to require that extra turn. You are uptying an ID solely for Railway/MD2 hard. Every other id on that list, you can see the immediate benefits right away, R Heathcliff, you'll only see it on the content with inflated HP, and that's always been R Heathcliff's weakest point. An extra turn won't change that.

You want to buff your R Heathcliff? Go for his EGO, his AEDD apparently goes from single target to three!

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 20, 2023