Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
Been enjoying the game a lot: If anybody wants a random well-off whale on their friends list for 6th slot Support abuse, I'm M677099310.

TeeQueue posted:

To anyone familiar with Ruina's EA cycle, this is about what I expected when people started having problems.

Glad they're addressing them. Also glad for another 20 pulls of stuff. :dance:

Also I wanted to ask here in General: Is it just me or is the name of a certain boss' crew mentioned in late Chapter 2 kinda... familiar? :hmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

MetaMeme posted:

Y006771403 over here, still getting my upties in order
are y'all just dumping all of your boxes on thread?? how do you have so many tier 3s

I went the aforementioned whale-rear end "buy all the monthly bundles immediately because the game came out in the last 3 days of February right before they reset" route, and got pretty lucky on some of my pulls on top of that.
Between the preregister bonuses and maintenance payouts, along with the guaranteed 3* beginner pulls, I've made exactly 20 'deca-extractions' so far and I am only missing... two tier 3s, two EGO, and Mexican Sinclair. :v:

And of course the missing ones include one of my most-desired t 3s (WARP Quixote) and my most-desired EGO (Ardor Blossom Star for Ishmael)

EDIT: Oh wait I misread that, THREAD, upties to tier 3. Yeah so my upties are like... I've burnt off a bunch of shards from Gregor stuff because I got all of his items natural from pulls, so I was able to get an easy 200-ish thread that way. Plus the thread boxes from the battle pass paid out really well in terms of RNG for me.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 1, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Qrr posted:

Speaking of which, IAP-wise, there are a ton of options. Some of the stuff they give is hard to quantify (like threads and level up tickets), while others are trivial (decaextraction ticket = 1300). It seems like the monthly lunacy batch is the best deal, assuming you're patient, which people probably aren't if they're spending money on the game. It's actually kind of even better than that because if you have any paid lunacy you get 2 1/10th cost extracts every day, which certainly encourages spending the 3 dollars. I'm not sure if there are any other differences between paid and normal lunacy.

I also have no idea how these compare with the battle pass. I don't know the icons well enough yet to even tell what they are when in grayscale, much less what they're worth.

Speaking from experience with other games, and just looking at the numbers here, the monthly batches are in fact an excellent deal and work out to very good return on input. Likewise if you feel like you're likely to complete it, the pass is also strong: Combining both monthly trickle batches along with the battle pass basically totals up to an old-school MMO subscription, which is how I've always liked to think of it. Is it a game I would have been willing to support at that level back when subbing for a game was the standard? In the case of Project Moon content, for me personally, that's an easy yes.

MetaMeme posted:

i have both of those and would be happy to trade :v:

Addendum: Inquistors suck rear end and genuinely feel legitimately unfair some times; like I genuinely have no idea what i'm supposed to do when they just roll 3 heads 6 times and you go from 130 HP to 20 and then immediately follow up with their second attack to instantly kill a sinner 100-0 in mirror dungeon
like, in LOR that's maybe 20 minutes of farming another book or 0 seconds of restarting the abnormality so i can laugh it off, but having a 50 minute mirror dungeon run and also permanent progression just get hosed on RNG feels really bad

Admittedly I have only been seeing them in Mirrors so far because I am not in Chapter 3 yet, but I will say that preparing to use defense coins or throw EGO at them has been working well for me so far. It also helps that I'm not in a very Slash-oriented team apart from Hong Lu.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

KobunFan posted:

My code is P667723416

I focus on two dot identities since you can get more of them and the three dot ones aren't always substantially stronger.

Yeah, it really depends a lot on what the current encounter needs.

SPEAKING of which, for those who don't know: When you're not in a dungeon, make sure to select your Friend Identity (from a person on your friend list) as one of the Sinners you are NOT planning to bring normally. Then select your usual party of 5, and you'll see the other Sinner has a red banner on them that says Support. This loads them in to a dedicated sixth slot, which can make a very big difference for some of the more annoying fights (2-18, 3-4, etc).

Junpei posted:

Oh, neat. If you read the Abno Stories during a fight, they're written by different Sinners. Like, here's one written by Ishmael:

I have been reading all of these as I go, and they are excellent, and I dearly hope we get to have a readable-at-will gallery for them eventually in the Theater section.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Lord_Magmar posted:

So far all the story vignettes kind of reveal that "this AU has a worse version of the Sinner". Either they're personally more awful, or their life is objectively shittier due to circumstances.

Liu Meursault seems to have found his rhythm in being an enigmatic and soft-spoken instructor, and frankly good for him... especially as a balance to Liu Gregor.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Cirina posted:

So is it just me or is that ego gift that unstaggers enemies at the start of a turn and gives them bleed for a few rounds instead kinda bad.

It worked out pretty well for me: Against a big single-target boss at the end of a Mirror Dungeon it poured 21 bleed power with 3 stacks on him for a single turn, and he just outright killed himself from it. It's definitely a risky play, because you don't get the nice one-sided Fatal strikes of normal stagger, but if your enemies throw a lot of coins around it does work. For reference, I took that as my entrance Gift for the dungeon and it never caused me major problems throughout.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Lord_Magmar posted:

Whoever has R Corp Ishmael in the thread is a lifesaver through the support system for Chapter 3.

Glad to be of service! I did just nearly lose a dungeon run to Mind Whip accidentally going off and OKO'ing my own Meursault after everything was dead. :v:

MetaMeme posted:

you need to hard pivot to blunt from slash it's a rude awakening lmaoo

You mentioned some really bad random luck beats during a Mirror earlier and I just discovered something relevant: If you go into the settings cogwheel mid-battle and select Give Up, as long as you're not fully cleaned out? It rescinds the entire battle. No consequences, no costs other than IRL lost time. You can wind back the clock like Dante themselves and retry if somebody gets absolutely lasered down for no reason, as long as you catch it before a full party wipe.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Archonex posted:

Isn't this just a first failure refund?

No, I said during Mirror Dungeons, not the failure refund on the main story map. Normally if you fail in a Mirror fight you get kicked back onto the map with all of your dead units still dead. This is infinitely repeatable and has no cost.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

DropTheAnvil posted:

I'm confused over threads. I know I can earn them by getting duplicates in pulls, or through MIrror Dungeon, but what do I use them for?

Why are they character specific when I can exchange them for generic threads?

Those aren't threads, they're EGO Shards: In the Dispense screen you can use them to get exactly the specific Identity or EGO you want without doing pulls. 150 for a 00 Identity, 400 for an EGO or a 000 Identity.
I just used this to grab myself Ardor Blossom Star for Ishmael earlier.

You can ALSO turn them into generic threads for uptying and such, if you get some for characters you don't want to grab Identities / EGO for via that method.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

since we probably aren't getting more ZAYIN tier EGO, which do you find the most useful at least to you?

Faust and Hong Lu have AOE which is nice, and Faust's healing SP is pretty solid too. Heathcliff's seems really nice as a self-buff. Meursault can invoke mutual disadvantage which is cool.

I do think we might see other ZAYIN in the future potentially, since a loading screen tooltip says characters start battle with the resistances of "their lowest-level equipped EGO", as opposed to their default EGO or some other phrasing. Probably not going to be any time soon though.

As for myself I get the most use out of Gregor's EGO, both his default Zayin and Lantern: They're cheap as hell and have great secondary effects. Ishmael's Zayin is also great for being extremely reliable, 19 base with a very low +heads. Big agreement on Meursault's being good, I've started using him a lot more recently and it gives him a lot of burst and a strong debuff.

RoyalScion posted:

Keep in mind lower rarity chars are better than the 000s if you can uptie them to a higher level, which is also significantly cheaper for lower rarity chars.

Honestly lower rarity characters in this game are not even necessarily worse than higher-rarity ones at equal upgrade. A lot of them contribute to very different builds and setups and have close or equal power: I've switched away from 000 Meursault and Gregor to using their Lieu idents almost exclusively.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

BisbyWorl posted:

So, a bit of a cheese strat, but if a fight in a mirror dungeon is starting to go south you can close the game and re-enter the dungeon to try again from the start of the fight.

To make it easier on you, you don't even have to close the game: Just go to the settings cogwheel and hit "Give Up". Same effect!

Lord_Magmar posted:

He's an odd duck, you want to land a good tier three skill with him so he's near impossible to fast stagger, and after that I think he's mostly good for making unopposed attacks, which against humans you can't really control.

Thankfully he does kinda help himself in that regard by having TERRIBLE speed ranges, so he's often going to be unopposed by default.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
Shoutout to whoever has the max uptie mid-20s LCCB Ishmael in their list: I have her myself at a lower level, but didn't have room to bring my own copy in the team I was building since it required a lot of the original Tier 1 LCB Sinners. That extra unit made life MUCH easier for 3-17.

Also does anybody know for sure how Ammo works here? I noticed the number might have gone up or started at different values, because at the start of Wave 2 she had 11 Ammo, where I could have sworn R Corp Heathcliff only started with 9 or 10 the times I used him. :?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

Yeah I've used Rabbit Heathcliff via friends and ammo-using coins are still used in clashes for the sake of winning them-it's just that when the attack goes through, you get a little animation of Heathcliff pulling the trigger and getting just a click noise until he gets to the parts of his skills where he uses his knife.

Yeah, I've experienced that as well, I'm just wondering how / why she had 11 ammo when I could have sworn they usually started fights with less than that.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

MetaMeme posted:

that's me! your max uptie 30 Reindeer Ishmael helped me a bunch for 3-17 lmao

Ishmael starts with 13 ammo and uses way less because she's the director's perfect precious angel, actually

Fair, valid, and glad to be of service! Ishmael Swap is here to provide all of your fiery-maned no-nonsense mace-n-brace needs: Ishmael Swap, for when you just need Ahab's head on a platter.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Irony.or.Death posted:

thank you, that should smooth things out tremendously

e: ok the actual trick was just getting lucky enough for Ishmael to mind whip the enemies instead of her coworkers, but I am sure the support thing will still be valuable in the near future

e2: her first action in the next fight was to mind whip my shiny new support friend to death

Yeah speaking as a very big Ishmael fan: Do Not Mind Whip unless you actually have the 10 Charge to pay for it not being a randomizer attack. :v:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Archonex posted:

This is something you would think they'd mention in the tutorial.

They do: At least in the big text popup for when it explains EGO initially, it mentions them potentially having a Sanity cost and it being bad to go under that. I just watched a friend stream me the tutorial last night.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

BisbyWorl posted:

Liu Meursault's third skill gives Burn count, which really ramps up the damage it can deal.

Seconding this and also pointing out that Liu Gregor helps support a broader burn strategy while bringing some very large multi-coin attacks. If you love fire, getting both of them up can be great.
LCCB Ishmael, I've already sung her praises plenty, but LCCB Rodion is no slouch either.
Jefe Sinclair of course, an absolute star of cleanup and stagger. Very VERY unreliable clashes unfortunately.
Either of Faust's 00 can be uptied without regrets, and they fill different roles.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Honestly the status that worked best for me is Rupture. I heard Tremor is good too but not sure if I have enough to enable it.

There's a lot of good Burst effects on some of the base LCB Sinner identities, if you end up finding good builders.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

I have witnessed in other's videos that there is a grey zone where you get the alternative attack and effects but don't go full berserk monster, uncontrollable targeting mode.

I accidentally corroded Faust's Hex Nail earlier and she dropped a blood-soaked box of cookies out of her teddy bear kigu. That alone was worth the SP price of admission.

Theantero posted:

Some poo poo

Oh no, a game encouraging people to have friends and interact with other people in the space. What a terrible thing. :downswords:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

it seems really obvious that you could do a Super Raid Mode where you use all 12 Sinners at once

That's actually very likely down the line! There was a preview video at one point (I believe one of the YouTube videos or one on their old Twitter handle?) that showed off a full 12-coin combat with all 12 sinners in the field at once instead of having multiple coins for each one. Likewise, I do not think the support character is a bug, given both that video and the fact that nothing actually misbehaves when they're brought in: If anything is a bug it's the way selection defaults back to the support character in the UI. With the number of public posts of apology and bug-addressing they've done, it'd be very uncharacteristic for them not to have commented on this if it were a problem.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 4, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Irony.or.Death posted:

that was like 10x too long for a mobile play session.

You CAN just quit out of dungeons and do other stuff between floors / after every checkpoint: It saves all progress, even through a full shutdown and across platforms. Hell, even later on or mid-fight, it just reverts back to the checkpoint. Just because you gorged it in one sitting does not mean it isn't set up to work for shorter play sessions.

TeeQueue posted:

It only applies if you do a 10x draw, and the way it works is that 9 of your pulls have the normal listed rates, and the 10th pull has the special rates listed under the gacha rates. if you hit 4 00's or 000's in the first 9 pulls, the 10th still has the guaranteed 00 odds listed under Probabilities.

I have seen games do this both ways, some where it's cumulative across singles and others where it has to be true 10x. It is a shame that it's not cumulative here (as far as I can tell from the language in the Probabilities tab) given the daily 90% discounted extraction on each banner: It would be nice for frugal paying players to be able to stretch their money over time by doing a lot of cheap single pulls and still get the bigger odds once every week and a half.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
Note in Dungeon 3: The Seal you can get does not actually work at the Judging Block, possibly if you have some but not all of the other relevant Gifts. At least on my run despite having one it was unusable there.

GilliamYaeger posted:

If you want a season pass or the ability to do those really cheap daily single rolls but don't want to pay actual money to do it, the game being connected to Steam actually gives you a rather unique option:

Selling your Steam cards for pocket change! I got like, $15 worth of steambux out of doing this - not really enough to outright buy a game (especially not Octopath Traveller II, jesus christ they want full price for that) but enough to fuel my gacha addiction without hurting my wallet.

I do this pretty often and it's quite nice: I also buy a lot of cards off of the market from other players so it basically equalizes over time. :v:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

GilliamYaeger posted:

And we have our first banner!

N Corp Mittelhammer Rodion and Guido Meursault!

The main takeaway from this is that we're probably going to get enemy mooks and bosses as Identities, like in Library of Ruina with keypages.

This is excellent news for me as I am deep into shard-grind hell for Meursault, as Pursuance is the last EGO for me in the current set. So now I can possibly use this extraction target banner to get a sweet new Identity AND grind to my sweet angelic facemelter even faster.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Arkanian posted:

I saw someone mention that you need a seal to pass an event in the third dungeon, along with multiple other items. I just picked up the seal... Is one of the other items the warehouse key? I already used that one.

No, the other items are all named Token of (X), so they're hard to miss.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Google Jeb Bush posted:

just simultaneously pulled g corp gregor and blade lineage sinclair

i've rather been liking liu gregor (at my current not-yet-done-ch2 pace, rip), and blade lineage sinclair, despite being 3*, is not mariachi sinclair so I'm immediately side-eyeing it

I can confirm that Liu Gregor is absolutely fantastic: I ran double Liu (Gregor / Meurseult) and double LCCB (Ishmael and Rodion) through 99% of Chapter 3, dungeon included. The fifth slot was flexible between default Heathcliff and Mariachi Sinclair for the most part. The Liu boys are among my favorites, and it is extra convenient both Ishmael and Rodion end up with Burn-supporting EGO on that team.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Quackles posted:

More questions!

A Sinner's sin resistances are based on the lowest level of EGO they have equipped, right? So if I have Crow's Eye View [ZAYIN, N-N-En-N-F-N-F] and Wishing Cairn [TETH, N-N-In-F-F-N-N] equipped to Yi Sang, his resistances are those of Crow's Eye View, but if I unequip it, he gets the resistances of Wishing Cairn?

What about if I go into a battle with out any EGO equipped?

For Clashes, is it just [Base Power + Coin effects] that determines the number that tracks a clash? Or is there anything else that affects the numbers?

You can't unequip your ZAYIN, but it's likely that characters will get alternate ZAYIN in the future given the phrasing on that tooltip... and I think some folks have whaled super-hard on Bus Pass levels and confirmed at least one of those is a ZAYIN EGO.

As for the Clashes, there are a few other effects: Generally speaking it's Base Power (+ or -) Heads Flip Modifier for each coin in the attack, flipped individually, plus effects that grant Coin Power, plus any advantages from overwhelming differences in the Attack Power stat (the sword that is listed next to attacks, the first full +1 comes in around a 5-point difference), and then any relevant effects of EGO Gifts, Passives, or other special mechanics from dungeon events or w/e.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Cirina posted:

The level 20 free track EGO is a Zayin yes, no need to whale just have to farm mirror dungeons for 3 battle pass points each which well, you have nothing else to spend your stamina on after finishing the story at the moment.

Oh right, I forgot you got Pass progress after the weekly bonus set finished! I've been juggling a fair bit the past few days so I haven't been digging in to more than one or two Mirrors day.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Quackles posted:

Oh, so the Offense stat does affect Power? Good to know.

I've been digging into the status effects and I was sorting out Power vs Damage, but I think I have it now.

There are a trio of extremely good breakdown posts from a code-diver and decompiler on the subreddit: Username is 'Twig1554' if you want to look up some very concise guides to the game's guts.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Pigbuster posted:

...huh. I've always assumed there was a benefit for adjacent resonances but it would make sense that it doesn't, and I don't think the game even implies it would, so I dunno where I got that from. Pattern recognition brain strikes again.

No, the person is incorrect about Absolute: It does, in fact, actually require 3 adjacent. The reason you thought it would is because the game directly says so, tutorializes it, and has dedicated UI for it. One KNOWN difference between a Resonance and an Absolute is that normal (non-consecutive) Resonance bonuses stack up and only apply to the later coins in the combo. Absolute bonuses apply equally to every coin in the set. There are some parts of the code that aren't fully explored or understood yet: One is that it's possible that even though both kinds of Resonance use the same table for progressing at X number of resonance triggered, Absolutes likely have improved bonus behind the scenes that're obfuscated.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

• Max sanity gives a whopping +20% chance to roll heads, for a total of 70%. Likewise min sanity brings you down to 30%.

One of which is that we don't actually know if the base success rate for coinflips (in the game) is 50%, or if it's even consistent between characters / coins. It may be higher, lower, independently determined per skill... There is currently no way of knowing other than extensive testing.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

• Crits are a 20% damage bonus, with +5% chance per each point of poise. That means every +1 poise is only +1% to expected damage. Poise kinda sucks.

Another note: Crits are actually 30% and can also trigger significant secondary effects for some skills.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Infinity Gaia posted:

Dang, how are people already up to Gregor's EGO on the BP? Massive mirror grinding or whaling out, I guess, since I've basically done all the dailies every day since release and have even done a fair few bonus mirror dungeons and I'm still only on like level 18.

I think if people are efficient about turning their excess Enkephalin into Modules at every opportunity, and spending them all, they'd be there. Personally I have like 30-ish keys sitting around for when I want to binge some dungeons / farm Observation Levels, and I have not been super fastidious about key generation.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There's a fella on reddit who says he ground dozens of hours of mirror dungeons to get all the way to the end of the battle pass with just 700 (free) lunacy worth of stamina refills, plus all the stamina you get from levelups and the bp itself.

Say what you will about impending burnout, it's really kind of impressive that the pacing works out for that to be feasible at all. Barely half of a deca-extraction's worth of Lunacy and a major time investment, and boom there's your Bus Pass.

Quackles posted:

Is there any reason to get in fights you don't have to in a dungeon? I'm in my first one and I'm at something of a loss as to why not just take the shortest path.

It can be worth doubling back to them for refilling SP after it gets tanked back to 0 at a mid-floor Checkpoint, you can get various Events and other bonuses, it helps fill out your Abnormality / Encounter logs for routing future runs, etc. Also the shortest route sometimes has the nastiest skill checks or the worst fights on it, whereas a more lengthy path can save you having to hit a big roadblock in return.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Well, I would like to thank the kind souls who friended me for helping ne cross Chapter 2... except I hosed up by bringing a support LobCorp Faust to the dungeon, whose skills do not help fuel her EGO well and I need to fuel it for the final boss where otherwise between that and being almost unable to deal with the 11 on tails attacks I can't clear on time. So now I'm either stuck retrying until I clear or quit and comeback with a different support.

Game really should have had the exp daily from the start because Offense is really important earlygame to make basic skills not suck and I'm the idiot who used gacha identities instead of levelling the base ones.

I tested this the other day! You can still do normal mission nodes without losing your saved dungeon progress. So while it's less explosively effective than doing Mirror Dungeons you *can* actually grind for levels outside of the Dungeon.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

The Lord of Hats posted:

While W Corp Don can be a little inconsistent, especially in shorter battles, god drat but Rip Space hits like a fleet of trucks when you get it off. It’s wholesale deleted enemies without even reaching the last coin, and it swings at like 31 power (which the predictor doesn’t calculate correctly). Even against enemies that resist slashing, it’s so many high damage coins that it still rips massive chunks out of them.

Yeah, this is a broad rule for the game as a whole: Because the predictor only checks your odds of winning the very first coin-clash in the entire process of clashing, it often misinterprets the potential of a LOT of attacks as much lower than they are player-side, while more rarely overestimating your success.

Just as an example, if your 4-coin attack only has to get two heads (oo**) to beat their single-coin attack on its tails flip (o) (and just for pessimism let's say you cannot beat the heads flip at all), the predictor will probably call that Struggling or Hopeless since you can't ever beat the topend... even though you actually have 3 chances to get the situation to align (either oo**, o**, or ** on the first three clashes), and they have to beat all of those running odds while you only need to win one time to break their singular coin.

Well, I did it! Turns out replacing Don with Hong Lu for more Gloom was the key (because Faust EGO would just murder 2 mobs each wave which was massive to control the enemy dice).

Now I can finally start with Mirror Dungeon and start levelling identities with the tickets. And I really should decide who to uptie for an easier time...

Huzzah! I am glad that you got through it without too much trouble: As for Upties, let me know what 00 Identities you have and I can offer my advice there: I think especially when you're getting started, the uptie cost on 000s can be prohibitive when you could get two different 00s maxed for the same Threadcount.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

Ruina's cutscenes in the Hana association mention Tres (3 in Spanish) and Cinq (5 in French), and there's a short story in one of the optional fights that mentions the Oufi (11 in Swiss).

Cinq also gets mentioned here in Yi Sang's 00 uptie cutscene.

I think I have all but Shi Section DonQ. Everything points towards Kurokumo Hong Lu being great, but given Chapter 3 I should probably focus on blunt identities maybe? Although I can borrow a T3 Reindeer Ishmael at least for that.

EDIT: Also, is it better to get random shard boxes or character specific ones?

Specific crates IMO 100%.

As for good upties in the 00 range... Kurokumo Hong Lu is an obvious pick for sure, even in Chapter 3 not EVERYTHING is weak to Blunt. Both of Sinclair's 00s are great, but Mariachi is *memetically* great. Both of the LCCB (Rodion and Ishmael) are very good, with Ishmael being an infinitely better Ammo user than R Corp Heathcliff. I have a big penchant for both of the Liu IDs (Gregor and Meurseult) even though there's not a lot of burn support right now: It's still just free damage. L Corp Remnant Faust is rock-solid and Seven Section 6 Yi Sang is perfectly fine if not overwhelming due to being kinda scattershot.

Heathcliff Ryoshu and Outis are better off just using their LCB defaults than any of their 00s: If you get Kurokumo Ryoshu though it's a beatstick.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 6, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

it feels like Kurokumo Rodion is the best Poise-user in the game right now because she's the only one with a skull that improves Poise Count so she can keep her crit rate up for more than one turn

Blade Lineage Sinclair actually also gets Poise count and can turn that into generating a ton of Sin resources through his second EGO.

But yeah, most other Poise users really need to be in human fights getting multiple attacks to take serious advantage of it, or have some other source of Poise / count from Gifts.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

But saving up 180 Mersault shards is not gonna get you Groshammer Mersualt on its own, and then when the season ends and they poof into thread you'll be worse off than if you had traded picked the random boxes.

It's not 180 shards, it's 180 boxes. If you pick Nominable every time you get 15 boxes of 1-3 shards a week during an 80 day Bus Pass season, so 13 instances of 15 boxes. So it's roughly double to triple that amount luck depending, which is (significantly more than) enough combined with other sources.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 6, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

TheNabster posted:

I'm hitting a real wall with Stage 3-17 and it's starting to get on my nerves

How do Counter-Attacks work? I am taking more hits than I should, the enemy is somehow pulling multiple attacks out their rear end that I cannot clash and I'm getting staggered out of my turn by counterattacks and I am trying to not attack counter attacking units but I can't just, not attack those units it forces me to unlike if I was facing Anomalies, so I take hits I don't want to take and lose clashes I could win because suddenly I have a staggered character out of nowhere.

My team is currently floating around level 19-20 and I really don't want the answer to be "Go and grind" because I am out of weekly Mirror Dungeon runs for XP.

I also cannot find anywhere that tells me how my Defensive skills work in that regard.

You can in fact choose not to attack those units: Just convert attack coins to defense coins.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

So was Kromer an intern at Nagel while attending school, or was she pulling a 21 Jump Street and acting like she was Sinclair's age when really she was older, or what?

My guess is that either she had enough force of charisma to hang with the big folks, or somebody saw a 'promising young talent' in her and took advantage.
Alternately we already have been explicitly told in past games that "some Nests will recruit a kid as soon as they're old enough to hold a knife", and we have also seen exactly how lax Lobotomy Corporation's hiring procedures could be.
Third option, maybe Nagel und Hammer has some kind of Hitler Youth / Young Republicans thing going on as a side faction?

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 7, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Einander posted:

I feel like there's a good number of mechanisms in place in harder fights to encourage you toward a variety--wanting specific colors for EGOs, some attacks being better for clashing than others, and the fact that you need to use all the attacks in your "deck" before it refreshes. I know there's been many times where I've specifically used R Corp Heathcliff's weakest attack because it's Red and there are so many Red requirements in EGOs right now.

(Also, why is the thread title wrong? The setting is The City. It's referenced constantly!)

Because due to the Outskirts and other places we have seen referenced, the setting and its universe / cosmology is much bigger than just The City.

Theantero posted:

The only main story thing I've yet to do is getting the EX objective on 3-17. I always take like 12 or 13 turns. Biggest pain point by far is the start of the second wave where the enemies get 10 actions to your 7 or so (assuming you kill the first wave in a brisk 2 or 3 turn bout), and if one of your Blunt guys rolls low speed rolls and gets ganked (because annoyingly, the majority of Blunt dealers are Fatal to Pierce which the nailgang loves to dole out), ruining your momentum.

Essentially, my point is that wow do I wish this game did not punish you for getting fights done quick :v:

I had no issue with that running dual Liu, dual LCCB, and vanilla LCB Heathcliff in the mid to late teens level-wise. It really comes down to crushing their SP and forcing big clashes even if they don't make a lot of immediate damage progress: Once the crowd starts hitting Panic and Morale thresholds it all comes undone pretty rapidly. The one I had to do any retries on was a few fights later, I want to say 3-19 or 3-20?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

TheNabster posted:

Okay I have hit the last boss of Chapter 3 and errrr...

I can level the personalities that I locked into that dungeon outside of it right? Because I think I need to just pump some stats up real fast if I want to tackle that any time soon.

Yup: You can do it via both Mirror Dungeons and normal missions. I think the only risk of 'losing your place' is if you try to start another Story Dungeon.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Well if it's using a weighted average of all three skills, LCCB Ishmael is probably being brought down by her one coin attack, especially against the chosen targets.

Yeah that's 100% why her stats are as bad as they are, which is honestly a disservice to the very reliable Shove.

Theantero posted:

This is actually the exact squad I'm running too, except it's more lvl 22 to 23 range.

Guess I'll just try it a couple more times then, since it's a tried and true method. Just felt the need to rant since I feel the EX is significantly easier in all the other stages, including the later ones, to the degree that I never had to retry any other stage specifically for the EX objective.

EDIT: Tried it again and got it in 9 rounds. I guess complaining about it was the magic ingredient I was missing all along :v:

Sometimes the secret sauces really is just voicing your frustration loud enough for the Coin Gods (borrowed from ancient Limbus Company precursor Coin Crypt) to hear your plea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

DuoRogue posted:

she has 0 burn, she's a defense-breaker

She does carry Fourth Match Flame very well though, so she partners effectively onto a Burn team for now. At this point we've only got two real Burn-interacting IDs and then all the other support is from EGO: Hopefully the summer will heat things up. :v: