Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Well I just got the old snake lady's page and I am legitimately intimidated. Four full decks to fill? I have absolutely no idea what to do with these send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

The guard deck is immune to negative status effects so you can slap all the Overcharges into it you want and go to town.

I very rarely use anything else.
Thanks for the advice, a triple Energy Conversion/Leap/Overcharge deck worked wonders. In practice it works a lot like a slightly less effective version of the infinite Fervent Emotions Yujin build I've got going, which is high praise since I'm pretty sure that particular Yujin is the best non-Color deck currently in the game.

Also, Gebura's floor realization is absolute bullshit. gently caress Red Riding Mercenary and her RNG nonsense.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 14, 2021

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

I honestly went in with the full intention in mind to kick the crap out of Red the second I was done killing the wolf.

If you're having problems, wait for after you get the books from R-corp to do it, one of them pairs with Gebura to give her +5 power on her infinite die, which will let her solve a lot of problems for you and practically solo the thing if you have to.
Yeah, I slapped that on her as soon as I got it. Free +5 power on the first die is loving amazing.

I wound up getting a good run a bit after I made that post, and the rest of the realization was easy. Especially since the length of it let Geb pile on the buffs until she was getting something like +10 on everything.

Theantero posted:

I never found Red as difficult as people claim her to be, after I grokked that the way to go is to just straight up not attack with most of your dice and only redirect attacks away from Red, unless she's slapped the 5 Disarm debuff on the wolf in which case you're free to go to town.
The salt in that particular post came from a run where the wolf had about 10 HP left and was all prepped for Red to handle it...before it died from bleed while it was attacking Red. Who had used exactly one attack die that turn, the rest being dodges or evades. This did not count as a proper kill and ended the run.

If Red hadn't wasted her turn dodging and had just shot the loving thing we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Regardless, now that I've cleared Geb's floor, my new white whale is Xiao - who, having very solidly kicking my rear end the first time I went at her, was the very reason why I was powering up Gebura's floor in the first place. Round two with her went much better than my first go, but still ended poorly after I thought that I could firing squad down her last few hundred HP while forgetting about her completely nullifying power buffs on the first turn. Guess I'm going to have to actually figure out a good team to act as cleanup after my A-team bites it. Maybe using Yesod's floor? That Forsaken Murderer EGO page would do wonders for staggering her if I'm lucky enough to roll it...

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Kefahuchi_son!!! posted:

I bought this series on the steam lunar sale and i have a couple of questions.
How long, in real-time hours, is lobotomy corporation?
I know library is a direct sequel and while the gameplay aspect of lc appears to be fun, my main interest is really in library. If lc is one of those games that need 10s of hours of different playthroughs to get the true ending i think i would prefer to just read on the story and go on from there.

Sorry if it's a frequent question but i haven't scoured the thread for fear of spoilers.
It needs a fair bit of time investment and at least one time jump to a previous day to complete, which will very likely be back to day 1 if you haven't been playing optimally (since day 46 is a point of no return and will bad end you if you don't have the entire facility built by the time you reach it). From what I've gathered the trick is to have the final two floors built up at 3/2 by the time you got day 41 so you can build one up to 5, clear the floor, then go back to day 41 where they're at 3/2 and build up the second one to 5 and clear it as well.

If you're mainly interested in Ruina I'd suggest reading the LP then just watching the final five days cutscenes on YouTube. A channel called "Lobotomy Corporation Archive" has them all uploaded with the good translation.

Lakbay posted:

I’m still in Urban Nightmare (Star of the City is unfinished and missing voice acting correct?) and the two new general invitations they added this morning require 2 and 3 UN books respectively. The 3 UN book general invitation is a 1v1 fight and the key pages from both fights seem really good for UN
How do you get GIs anyway? All the combinations I put in just bring up the same two receptions even though I know for a fact that there's more.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 19, 2021

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MotU posted:

Finished the 1st Tier of SotC, any recommendations on which stage to start on next? I do have some Abnos to make do to catch up, too
My recommended order is Liu 2 > Index > Red Mist > R Corp, or 3>1>2>4 since they're all question marks. Fervid Emotions from Liu 2 is an amazing power card that makes Yujin meta again if you build a deck around it (4 generation cards, 2 Sturdy 3 Fervid), Sturdy Defence is also amazing, and getting more Fervor passives to attribute is never a bad thing, Index brings Multi Slash and Unlock, two of the best resource generation cards in the game, Red Mist is by far the best keypage you're going to have access to and finally attributing Myo's keypage to Gebura turns her into an unstoppable beast. After that do the stage after Red Mist to pick up another amazing keypage, it's definitely an easier fight than Kali, and then work on some abnormalities to power up your floors (most importantly Gebura and Binah) in order to take on the finales of the tier.

I highly recommend setting up a "firing squad" floor that uses the Full Stop first turn power passives to act as cleanup for the harder fights like Index and Red Mist. Properly set up you can burn off a good few hundred HP in a single turn alone, which is invaluable when taking on opponents that would normally be out of your league.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Reiterpallasch posted:

I get the attraction of Rapid Gashes or Fervid Emotions Yujin, but that drat broken dice always seems to be a magnet for gigantic mass attacks which are everywhere in SOTC.
That's why you give her some healing, like Firm as a Great Mountain or anything that goes off max HP percentage. Properly utilising that massive HP cap means that she can eat a mass attack to the face and not even flinch.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Reiterpallasch posted:

Hah, did they seriously forget to give Firm the Corpse Cleanup limit? Though usually for me it's about eating the stagger damage, not the HP, since health hauler exists anyway.
They didn't forget to cap Firm, but since the cap's 20hp that's still a free 100hp over the course of the fight, with no worry about wasting those massive heals.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
As a wonder material extracted from the collective unconsciousness of humanity it's probably the stuff Abnormalities are made out of, so it's whatever the gently caress you want it to be.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Reiterpallasch posted:

New update out. "Added 1 new episode" is probably the single most underwhelming way they could have sold it in the patchnotes, lmao. Reverb Ensemble reception, one member per floor, already nerfed.
Knew it.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Pagelock should be an optional challenge that gives some kind of reward. A page drop multiplier would be the simplest, a unique bragging rights keypage (Phillip's Keypage?) would be the most interesting.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I wonder if the Ordeal Fixers will ever show up in Ruina? The arrival/defeat text of the Dusk implies that they should, though it's a bit late in the game for them to do so unless they're working with the Head or something...

Also brings up questions about how the gently caress they exist as Ordeals if they're an echo of something that L-Corp will face in the future rather than the past or present.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Oh right, now I remember.

Speaking of day 47, it's a real shame that you never picked up Burrowing Heaven. At least WhiteNight looks similar enough if you squint for the symbolism to be clear enough.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Yeah I know, but it means we'll miss out on a moment of horrified realization once X sees The Thing. Though admittedly it's not as blindingly obvious what Burrowing Heaven is supposed to be in LobCorp compared to it's Ruina incarnation, which dispenses with subtlety altogether in favor of a glowing neon brick to the face.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Shaezerus posted:

Boy oh boy I finally picked up Ruina yesterday and it feels like a lot. Mostly, I just have no goddamned clue what I'm doing half the time and picking key pages and cards largely based on any given fight's weakness targeting, with my one friend in History the Bleed guy. I feel like I'm playing this game wrong but also the sheer amount of stuff I have right now is a little overwhelming even if it's mostly copies of itself.

Hmm.
This guide has been my lifeline. (Watch out for spoilers of who you're going to fight in the table of contents and further down the page). Quick and easy reference to what cards are good and bad and what makes them good or bad, and eventually you'll be able to work out what makes a good card on your own.

Also Yujin's keypage is amazing. It starts good when you get it in the early-mid game and stays good throughout the entire game. The pages to look out for to use with it are Faint Memories when you first get it, then later move on to abusing high-cost pages for the light refund such as Fervid Emotions and eventually Rapid Gashes.

And yes, as soon as you get your hands on Will of the Prescript it's all aboard the Singleton train. Choo choo motherfucker.

TeeQueue posted:

Ah, fair enough. I feel like our X would probably react with some sort of offkey joke instead of horror, though. I love the Ruina redesign though. It's so good. :allears:
Well, the horror would have mainly come from the realization that all the Abnormalities are symbolic and/or metaphors, and now he's going to be stuck thinking about what the various Abnormalities are supposed to mean all day.
X: Wait, it's all symbolism?
A: Always has been.

And I know, right?

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 30, 2021

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Singleton's real strength is that most of the time, there's just not much of a reason to not make a given archetype deck also Singleton. Prescript and Multislash are just such an incredibly powerful draw engine that for the vast majority of the game after you get Prescript simply including them in a given archetype deck makes it notably stronger with few, if any, downsides, and by the time you have both of them there's typically at least 7 good cards in a given archetype to safely fill out the rest of the deck. After all, you don't really need multiple copies of a given card if you have your entire deck in your hand on most turns. The places where Prescript and Multislash don't make a deck explicitly better are pretty rare - Yujin decks are the biggest exception that comes to mind.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
For those curious, the Planescape character I'd compare Angela to is Vecna. Y'know, the genius almost-human member of a race hated by the general populace (undead/AI) who hordes endless knowledge, who broke out of an unending hell (Ravenloft/Lobotomy Corp) into a major city (Sigil/The City) and used an associated power flux to rewrite the laws of reality (intentionally creating 3E/unintentionally creating Distortions).

The only major difference is that Vecna is super evil, while Angela has done nothing wrong :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Solitair posted:

I hit a stumbling block on LoR, suffering my first loss to San and Julia of the Zwei Office, so I'm gonna try farming some more cards and getting a better handle on what cards I need.

Early game, paralysis is phenomenal. Two or three copies of En-endure is a must in any early game deck. Set Fire and Taste My Flaming Bat are also pretty great pages. If you've got some Zwei kills under your belt, Retaliate is one of the best early game cards available.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I just used the cheat mod that multiplies drops by like 1000, because gently caress grinding.

But generally you get enough when you get all the keypages.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Yan has a very soothing voice.
And a very soothing song

Do not go home until you recite the value of e

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Acerbatus posted:

ee: holy poo poo finally a search function for passives
PRAISE BE

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

BisbyWorl posted:

I really should get back to Ruina, but man those initial SotC fights are rough.
Go get Gebura's page, she'll make things way easier. The Argalia fight before it is probably the easiest fight of the tier, and you can delete half of Gebura's health with the Full Stop pages.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Alectai posted:

Looks like it's out and we've got some early streams.

Hahaha that loving Roland Fight. "First you fight him as the Black Silence... Then he Distorts. Then Angelica's ghost rolls in and he Manifests E.G.O. instead, and then the Ghost goes away and he really loses his temper

I dunno if that fight's all that's in the new content because the stream I watched just gave up after getting dunked on, but holy hell they went all out there.

EDIT: Huh, I think that might have just been the Bad Ending battle, I noticed in hindsight at the start of their stream that they had some Floor Suppressions left undone.
I saw a choice on whether to Reject or Forgive Roland and a bunch of CGs including the Day of the Magnet, Roland's corpse floating face-down in a sewer with a forest of weapons impaled in his back, and finally Angela in a new Megafluff form on a crystal throne speaking to the Fixer from the Ruina prototype gif. So there's probably multiple endings - win the fight and forgive, win the fight and don't forgive, lose the fight.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Angela may be a million years old and have the body of an adult woman, but in many aspects she is still just a child (and an abused child, at that). A lot of her actions are driven by the same kind of ignorance and naivety you see in children and are just as carelessly cruel, but at the same time when she realizes that the rules of her little game aren't as fair as she thought them to be she spends a period time outright telling people to leave for their own sakes, only to give up when she realizes that once someone's circumstances have brought them to the Library nothing she says will dissuade them. That says volumes about how much thought she's put into this system...that being exactly none, because she doesn't know anything about how people or the City works, or even how she herself works because she's been stuck acting on Ayin's bloody script for the vast, vast majority of her existence. Even her decision to set the Abnormalities loose on the world is something born from innocent ignorance rather than malice, a stark contrast to Adam who knew exactly what he was doing. I'd argue that Angela should be held at fault for her actions about as much as Ned Flanders should be held at fault for this. If she's still doing poo poo like this when she's experienced enough to know better, fair enough. But for the majority of the game, she's has a hard time really comprehending something as basic as how much her actions can hurt others.

Carmen, on the other hand? If she is indeed the mastermind here, then as an adult who knows exactly what they're doing she should be held fully responsible for her actions.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Acerbatus posted:

Anyone know where the mod that lets you refight abnormalities/realizations is? I think the workshop just supports librarian skins right now.

Nexus?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Angela exercising that newfound control over her own body in new and exciting ways.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Yeah the branching paths are more like a Megaman level select than a route selection. You've got 2/3/4 sets of missions that you can choose to tackle in any order.

There is an objectively correct order to these, by the way. It's whatever gets your Singleton/two biggest badasses online asap. that being the far left path in Nightmare, then the middle left path in Star.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 14, 2021

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Theantero posted:

Guns are extremely cool and good actually.

You can cheese like, a good three quarters of the game with them if you want to :v:
This.

Just stack all the Full Stop passives on a team and they can frequently wipe an entire squad or a half-dead boss that wiped another of your teams in a single round, or at the very least cripple them hard enough that it's easy to mop up afterwards. You'll want to have a firing squad ready to go to make a lot of otherwise troublesome fights a lot easier. Malkuth's floor is a very good candidate for this since Yesod is the floor you'll be spending most of the early-mid game on.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 15, 2021

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Been watching a couple of Gebura solo videos (major spoilers for the second last fight in the game) and man, the way she just absolutely clowns on everything really makes me think of how expert DMC players just make the fights look like absolute jokes.

Gebura character action game when?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Acerbatus posted:

Power ranking for floors, imo:

1: Gebura, no contest.
2: Hokma, basically all the pages are good even if Time is pretty unfeasable in hard fights
3: Chesed, some good abno pages (emerald is super good), and strong ego
4: Keter, even post nerfs Lies and Curiosity Mirinae duo is super good.
5: Binah, even though her abno pages are almost universally awful and half of Binah's specials suck, Pillar and Fairy are good.
6: Hod, buffed Axe and the addition of Bamboo Hat Kim/Dong Hwan are great for her.
7: Yesod, entirely carried by Regret
8: Malkuth, Burning Flash memes are actually passable but the insanely broken stuff most floors have is way better than passable.
9: Netzach, I don't even remember most of what he does at this point
10: Tiphereth, Tiphxodia is fun but as far as power goes she's abysmal.
Yeah I'll agree with that, though I'd add a note of blunt/Emma's dominance of the midgame to Yesod. Sure it's a dominance that does not at all last forever, but the period between getting Emma's keypage and Gebura/Chesed coming online is basically ruled by Yesod with an iron forehead.

Solitair posted:

How do I get a Book of the Molar Office? I can't even remember if I got one the first time I beat them and now I've done it three times. Am I missing something?
What emotion level are they at when you kill them? Remember that you get more drops the higher their emotion level is. You can also hover over their emotion level marker to see who drops what.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I presume they'll show up as recruitable/side characters, but the story won't center around them. The easiest comparison that comes to mind (as crude as it is) would be the Rance games, where former main characters from previous games in the long-running series can show up to help out with whatever the current adventure is, but don't really get a lot of focus in comparison with the current main cast (even if, gameplay-wise, they blow everyone else out of the water). And the gameplay of the series has changed to reflect how many people can show up, with the one that just got translated expecting you to have a roster of at least 15 people ready due to how fatigue attrition in dungeons works. With both 2 and B both involving you managing large groups of Fixers, I'd be surprised if something similar doesn't happen with the L-Corp crew.

And if LobCorp 2 does focus on the Wing that got yeeted out of the City by the Head I'd be very surprised if Angela/Roland/Geburah/Binah don't have at least a minor part to play in the story.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 17, 2021

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

The best part of this is the following line:

And he probably got respawned somewhere outside of the Library from Angela's release of the light, like everyone else. Phillip just cannot loving die.
And since he's pre-distortion Phillip, meaning he's just managed to develop his EGO, I would not at all be surprised if we got full power EGO Phillip as a postgame/secret boss.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

A jargogle posted:

Playing Ruina - It isn't really a specific fight now, I'm kind of at back half of the star of the city phase but it's come to feel like every fight is a massive slog that takes multiple attempts (which necessitates re-obtaining the books to challenge the fight, and sometimes backtracking again to find specific keypages/pages I think might help). I am essentially just moaning here but the game is really starting to drag having to fight very hard to progress, whereas the midgame felt more like most of the time a fight was winnable on the first encounter, and with specific prep I never really needed a third attempt, which frankly is a difficulty level I much prefer.

Specific moaning/play by play - The drag started with the red mist. That fight took ages, like 10+ attempts with multiple setups which all failed dismally (because horizontal sweep -> onrush is very fair), then after clearing it I failed the Gebura realisation a fair few times in a row before deciding I needed to die a few more times getting the red mist page.... whereupon I cleared the realisation easily, only to be BTFO by purple. R corp guys seemed more reasonable (after wiping once to the rhino mass attack), and Xiao seemed at least doable (Though again, forcing refights of earlier content with multiple stages, just to get back into the real fight). My go-to now for beating a single opponent is to throw a bunch of smoke guys at them + binah. That still leaves me with NameWrittenInHangul and purple, and I'm just sat here going ughhhhhhh. .

I imagine there's something not quite right with the way I'm building decks. I stubbornly refuse to look online for anything, but I feel like almost every deck I build ends up being singleton just for the page draw.
Go build Infinite 4 Yujin. Take Yujin, give her two Overcome Adversity, two Unlock, two Sturdy Defence and three Fervid Emotions. Attribute the Liu skill that heals a percentage of health when the emotion level rises. Now you can spam Fervid forever. Or you can build it with Rapid Gashes instead of Fervid if you want.

Build a firing squad. Four nuggets loaded up with all the Full Stop passives with someone tough like Gebura or Yujin to finish the job. The Full Stops can often one round enemies, and together deal about half a given bosses lifebar. Real easy way to end a fight, and it makes Iori a pushover.

Singleton is just the best page type, yes. No shame in using it.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Finally got into Library of Ruina.

1) Jesus christ, the train (presumably) final boss. :stare:
2) Jesus christ, the train storyline. :stonk:
3) the train final boss soundtrack :laffo:

i'm clearing the other six invitations first and then taking another look at my strategy needs for that fight, the bossfight is incredibly rough. I'm also starting to get a little overwhelmed by all the everything, but I'm basically taking it a couple key pages at a time.
You might notice that one of the cards you get from the train becomes super powerful when you're at low health. You might also notice that you have a keypage that starts every fight at low health.

Just a thought.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Acerbatus posted:

I was going back through the game because I was thinking of LPing LoR before deciding to hold off and at least wait until TQ started his first (not that he minded but it seemed rude to me), the game somehow feels kinda short. I think having a couple of more fights in like, Urban Legend and Impurity would have helped with the pacing.

Impurity especially feels weird. The Hana fight was just there to deliver Roland his gloves, then the Ensemble comes knocking. Like, Angela was still at a point where she could be decapitated and stick her head back on. :v:

Then maybe throw in another couple to Plague and have Tomerry/Wedge on a third tier instead of second for Plague.

Yujin comes next tier.

That being said, Wrath of Torment and Faint Memories are two of the most efficient damage pages until Star.
Oh right, this is pre-Yujin.

Then just use blunt lol. Append the puppets to Emma keypages and stomp everything with +3 power automated movement and repressed flesh singleton decks on Yesod's floor. Something like Will of the Prescripts, Loosen Up, Puppet Blockade, Gigigig, Automated Movement, Repressed Flesh, Observe, Set Fire and Undertake Prescript. Anything with a lot of blunt dice.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 12, 2021

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

DropTheAnvil posted:

How do you survive the Violent Noon ordeal? I'm at day 12, with lvl 3 employees, and the obelisk lands and usually kills my whole floor.
What Hunt said, alternately swap all your departments personnel around since the impact only hits Agents who belong to the targeted department, leaving staff from other departments unharmed. Programming!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

Sweepers are amazing for the Health/Mind hauler passives, outside of that just look for good combos like slapping puppets into Emma and so forth.

Unrelated note that's technically LP spoilers, but I'm putting it here:

So I've been getting my glitch footage for the rest of the LP, and have built a facility that might be able to deathless Day 49, so I'm probably going to give it a shot. The facility I'm playing with is all very possible within the confines of the game itself: There's a Naked Nest on the roof of Control (because I started with 2 abnormalities), and the final department has a pair of Scorched Girls right next to each other to demonstrate that. I'm thinking of just making a bunch of all-stats-EX agents using the remaining Agent signups, and trying to deathless day 49 with a strategy I think will be able to pull it off if I can just avoid sucking for ~20 minutes or so.

Given that this facility is 100% makeable within the confines of the game I think this is the best note to end off the thread if I can actually pull it off, but I appear to be worrying that the readers would go "ah! you're cheating!!"

Thoughts?
Do it!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

I could do that (it was one of many on my short list) but...

The term “Library Battle Simulation” is just too :wtc: to not use, I actually love it.
Hrm..."A Library Battle Simulation For Buttered Eyes?"

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

AweStriker posted:

The short version from my early game experience is:

Attack vs Attack is best roll wins.

Attack vs Block will deal reduced damage to the defender, or stagger damage to the attacker if the blocker wins.

Attack vs Evade will deal full damage on a hit, but if the evade wins will heal stagger AND keep the evade for the next die. (A tie will get rid of it though.)

Block vs Block deals stagger to the loser and that’s about it… I think?

Block vs Evade is weirder but will always get rid of the Evade die regardless of the result.

Evade vs Evade gets thrown out completely.

There’s also something called counter dice but I haven’t seen any yet.
Counter dice are attack dice with evade properties.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Elswyyr posted:

Oookay, I'm at Urban Nightmare now. I've got some general questions about deckbuilding. I feel like the way synergies with abnormality pages work, the best thing I can do is have each floor just be 4 copies of the same character (bleed/slash for Hod, dawn office cards for Malkuth, etc). Will there eventually be a reason to diversify? And how much should I worry about having every floor fully geared out with synergetic pages?

Well, you're at the point in the game where archetypes start becoming a real thing, but at the same time one particular archetype is going to completely dominate the "meta" until the next tier - that being Blunt on Yesod's floor. Do the third and fourth fights of the first tier and append puppet pages to Emma's keypage to feel like an unstoppable god for the entirety of Urban Nightmare. Enemies start developing a distinct resistance to blunt in later tiers however, so this is a temporary thing that you should enjoy while you can.

However, you're also at the point where parts of the game that will shape the entire rest of your playthrough become a thing - by which I mean Singleton and Yujin's keypage, which you will be using for the rest of the game. The second fight on the first route is the Index, who have cards that have special effects that trigger when there's only one copy of each card in a given deck. They're powerful on their own, but the really important one is Will of the Prescript, which is stupidly good and will very likely never leave your decks unless you're doing something specific with a character.

Meanwhile, you can get Yujin's keypage from the first fight on the second route, which makes a very good case for being the best keypage in the game since she comes so early and remains very viable throughout the rest of the playthrough. There's plenty to love about her - she has a massive hp cap but starts each fight at 25% max hp, which means that she has amazing comparability with both Love Town's cards and later appends that restore a percentage of health. And later on when Love Town's cards start to lose their effectiveness you can shift focus to using her other major trait, which gives her light refund upon using 4-cost or higher pages meaning she can spam extremely powerful cards like Fervid Emotions and Rapid Gashes forever.

Four Singleton blunt decks and Yujin will dominate Urban Nightmare and let you make solid headway into the next tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Urban Nightmare: Wow, Angela, don't be rude to the Sweepers! They're the most courteous guests we've had in ages! Sure, they're cannibals who kidnap children (I *assume* to turn into Sweepers), but I feel like they're somehow less bad cannibals than all the other cannibals we've seen. I'd be more down to hang out with Sweepers than most of the other guests.
To be fair, picking up homeless kids and giving them a (presumably loving judging by their dialogue) home makes them unironically better than 99% of the other factions of the City in regards to the treatment of minors. There are far, far worse fates for a street kid than getting picked up by the horrifying cannibals.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 1, 2021