Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Solitair posted:

More progress. Freed the librarian from Cobalt Scar, but then Gebura got staggered and lost the effect of unlocked Red Mist against Smile. Then I got Gebura killed against Dipsia by having her clash against him right at the start of the phase. I got to phase 3 Mimicry, but without Gebura I had no chance of getting through its defenses. Aside from Gebura misplays, my problem was that the assistant librarians didn't have enough light restore. Maybe I can tweak their poo poo and switch out one of their expensive cards with another cheap light restore, but I get the feeling that the best they can do at the end is chump clash to free up Gebura for one-sided attacks.

Edit: Done. Gebura's realization really does hinge on whether or not you know how to use the Red Mist keypage properly. Non-Gebura combatants were able to get some hits in on fully evolved Mimicry, so I guess Smoke does work if you stack it high enough. Guess I'll see if I can handle the Price of Silence fight soon.

Ah, my least favorite abnormality fight, huh? It's not even that bad ( if you know how to build for it ) - but it simply isn't fun. iirc I cheated my rear end off to get through this (via mods) my first playthrough. Unfortunately I don't actually remember how to build for it so I can't give you any tips. "press p" is funny, but given the fact it gives all librarians a 0-cost page with a downside in their hand and not the extra deck for some reason it never really worked out for me.

also as a side note about red mist deckbuilding: I liked to run 1x Focus Spirit (replacing one of the steel knuckles). Leading block die can be useful for geb and its a non-trivial amount of power gain.

as a final note: guns are the most powerful force in the universe. If you're having trouble with a fight, try shooting them to death. this is not a joke. (more specifically, full stop passives with thumb pages for melee+ranged and spamming as many good dice as you can.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

Press P is only the first step, the second step is quickly going through your actions to pick out the trap cards and, if you have the time, replace them.

I'm very aware my first playthrough's decks were Wildly Suboptimal but this is actually what I tried there as well. Though again it is almost definitely a deckbuilding issue

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

studio mujahideen posted:

weird, ive never seen that. frankly, the cheese strat for that fight is cool enough that I don't think anyone should feel bad about using it, its extremely satisfying

drat did i cheese it wrong or something? because it took ages and was boring as hell. It's funny sure but I found actually engaging with the boss' mechanics to be more fun.

Junpei posted:

LC stuff

dupes letting you buy ones you don't have is cool.
not a huge fan of the battle pass in any iteration i've seen of it, most of the good games i play don't have one, and I'm especially ehhh about locking out EGO, even if its only for a limited time, especially because that "limited time" is half a year. Maybe the battle pass will be cheap enough, but...
...if i'm reading this right, you can't hoard dupe resources? it says "a certain amount" will be transfered, so if you have above that amount when the season changes, you just lose shards, im guessing.... Remains to be seen, but I don't like the vibes of that.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Theantero posted:

You can essentially cheese like 90% of the receptions in the game like this, for what it's worth.

I was not joking when I said guns are the strongest force in the universe. there are basically two endgame boss fights I think can't be nobrained by full stop passives and its because full stop passives don't work in those fights.
Fun fact: since warp team passives (ex reaction force) do untyped damage, it's possible to use them to defeat gun-immune enemies by shooting them with guns and having it proc.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

DrManiac posted:

Thanks for the effort post! I didn't realize general invitations had exclusive poo poo all this time.

The very early general invitations are generally (ha) completely worthless; the later you get in the game, the better and stronger they get, with some genuinely quite powerful pages only obtainable from them. Plague has some neat ideas that generally don't pan out (excl. the workshop-affiliated fixers), but everything past that is worth checking out more or less immediately.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

I really like the part where projmoon thought +2 pierce power for -2 blunt/slash dice power was even slightly balanced. Stick a wedge on that for +3 to pierce and still have plenty of points left over because allen happens to also be speed 3. Gale kick, Frontal Assault, Will of the Prescript, Somber Procuration, Wedging Thorn, and Dagger Press are all great pages without even getting into sotc3. Like, dagger press is a 5-10 pierce / 4-6 block / 6-10 pierce for 1 before any other buffs.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Junpei posted:

I mean, they gave you a +2 Slash, no downsides passive one chapter earlier so... at least they're trying.

Swordplay is also on a Speed 1 page loaded with other passives, so if you want to have an actual build later on you do need to spend the attribution points on transferring it, and it is on exactly one page. Stiletto costs 1 less, comes on a speed 3 with slots, and also on generics if you do want to attribute it. You're running monotype with the power boost anyway so they actually made it even stronger.

SotC balance is wack enough that it doesn't really matter if they give you stuff like that (it walled me for like a week straight my first time through) but. man

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Solitair posted:

Interesting. I'm still on the fence about whether to include a Xiao in this fight, even with that particular passive, since regular damage does not appear to matter at all until all the eggs are broken. Strongly considering adding Bayard to the mix because of Pinpoint Breakthrouth, assuming I can keep attacks off him while he's unusable. My current key pages are Binah, Allen, Yae, Purple Tear and Dong-hwan (who has a Rapid Gashes build).

Haven't tried Hokma realization yet, since I wanted to beat Binah's first. Xiao would probably be more useful in that one, plus I can put Remembrance on three of my librarians, but other than that I'm not sure what advantages I can bring to that fight specifically.

Edit: Also, if Identify Weakpoint is on someone with power boosts to blunt or pierce, does it get those when attacking an enemy weak to blunt or pierce?

Judging by the wording it does actually change the dice, so it should work.

Identify Weakpoint is god-tier for apoc bird by the way, its still one of the hardest realizations (mostly if you don't rush down judgement bird hard enough and lose a nugget) but IW makes it SO much easier you would not believe. And yes, running power loss pages is a pretty good idea for apoc bird, not only because of anti-power null, but also because "on use: lose power" means they get the full rolls for mass attacks. Blind Faith is the standout card here to bring.

comparatively hokma realization is basically free, just bring Good Pages and you'll be fine.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Solitair posted:

Albert Camus had The Purple Tear's Page with All for Hana, the Twelve Fixers and Mind Hauler.
-Slash deck: Forward March, Class and Respect, Multislash, Serpent Sword Technique, The Will of the City, A Critical Moment, Eliminate, Blind Faith
-Pierce deck: Frontal Assault, Wedging Thorn, Extract Fuel, Gale Kick, Jamadhar, Confrontation, Will of the Prescript, Coordinated Assault, Celestial Spear
-Blunt deck: Puppet Blockade, Forward March, Gigigig, Multislash, Steel Knuckles, Great Serpent's Impact, Forceful Gesture, Double-edged Rencounter, Augury Kick
-Guard deck: Graze the Grass, Gigigig, Extract Fuel, The Will of the City, Seize Ya Chance, Will of the Prescript, Sturdy Defense, Bi An, Blind Faith

did you know guard stance prevents immobilization? for example, from overcharge? Its very funny.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

I just used Netzach and kind of rolled everyone, but we've established I don't play these games like a normal person so your mileage may vary. :shrug:

can second also using netzach. can not second rolling everyone because ML-2 and MR-3 nodes both walled me for ages. Granted my first run I was so bad at deckbuilding I managed to make yesod floor bad. No im not joking.

even now with ultra modded shenanigans happening on my savefile (over 90 content mods) netzach is my goto, partly because I like it and put good pages on that floor partly because its Ol Reliable. sure im not ultra-blitzing my opponents or anything, but it just has some really nice abno pages.

If only its ego pages were better.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Junpei posted:

Actually feeling legit torn on what to vote for when we're done with Abnormalities.

On one hand: Thumb would be a quick Hokma unlock because TQ could only do part 1 since part 2 requires Liu, meaning we could knock out Snow Queen early. Also, while most of the talk I see about the Thumb stuff is how they enable easy Full Stop firing squads, the played-straight, "Generate Ammo cards and then use big cards to spend em" playstyle does legitimately seem like a cool and fun design space.
On second hand: Gears would let TQ write Argalia, which is fun, and also would send the thread into overdrive over my pre-spoiler post connecting the plot to Orlando Innamorato/Furioso with the confirmation that Argalia's sister is named Angelica.
On third hand: Liu immediately establishes what Phillip did after he left the Library which will certainly turn heads, and the Xiao/Lowell romance will get The Tragic Doomed Love established early. Also, Fervor is just a solid, always-useful passive, from what I've heard.
On fourth hand: Nemo is a ginormous meme, and Pluto ripping out Bada's heart is one of my favorite CGs in the game (even if the text obscures Pluto holding it). Plus it's where Charge Officially Gets Good.

gears means red mist and I think it'd be funny to shove tq into red mist asap so im voting for that

DrManiac posted:

Speaking of mods, does anyone have a good list? The ones on the workshop seem to be mostly in Korean so I have no idea what they even do.

heres a screenshot of a bunch of mods https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/956715861190770761/1023801728841293905/unknown.png

Particularly good/interesting ones: The Monochrome Dragon, Reverse Library, The MagicGirl of Fiction, Macrosis' Ensemble Mod, R Corp. Raven Team, Cold Sun Office, 이파리 공방 모드, 에고 필립 접대 모드 Ego Philip, The Golden Sorcerer, Parallel Timeline, Invitation E.G.O Myo, Angel of Ruina Office, Lancelot (and Lancelot-Epilogue), Contingency Contract for Library of Ruina, Reception of Blood Fixer, Hana Association 1, Emotion Workshop, the Devourer of God
of those, Angel of Ruina office is the best one that adds new content, and Macrosis' Ensemble Mod is the best one that reworks existing content.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

I say it often, but ruina isn't a hard game at all if you know what you're doing. In fact, it's pretty easy, i'd say.

your first playthrough? you will not know what you're doing, and the game will kick your rear end.

Solitair posted:

Yeah, at one point I got used to using builds based on increasing power to one damage type as a crutch and I'm trying to work myself out of that hole.

I mean as long as you're not running five night awls on the same floor you're probably fine. Sometimes all you need is to get over their dice regardless of resistances and having +3 power to whatever you want certainly helps with that. (or +2 with misc. bonus passives)

vaguely related but I wish 12 fixers wasn't a one-of passive, its really neat but you don't exactly get to play with it.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Solitair posted:

I tried to load them all up at once and the program softlocked. Which is a shame. I'd love to see my invitations map become an incomprehensible spiderweb.

look at my star of the city.... and despair.

It's worth noting that a vast majority of mods are general invitation styled - as in, they don't show up on the invitations map. Most of these are just 1 sotc page (sometimes 2, rarely 3, sometimes 1 impuritas, etc) but its best to look at the mod page to see how to invite them.

on a vaguely related note I wrote half a parody about I'M MAKING A CALLOUT POST FOR THE DEVOURER OF GODS. SHE PISSED ON MY loving EXODIA that I never finished because I couldn't figure out how to translate the "heres what mine looks like" line into that context

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 5, 2022

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Reiterpallasch posted:

i haven't done much with mods--if a mod drops a key page/combat pages, can you disable the mod and not have issues, or do you need to back up your save every time?

if you turn off a mod, you get the choice to delete the pages or just have stuff that doesn't work, the same way terraria has unloaded items that you can trash or just keep around until you turn the mod back on.

ED: a mod that adds an entirely new floor finally launched on steam workshop (da'at, floor of psychology).

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 6, 2022

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Reiterpallasch posted:

i was able to beat this, but the first abnormality fight is uh. something. weapons-grade cheesy netdecks required at least for me. the other fights were kind of a joke, the only hard part being that da'at's abnormality pages seem to be kind of dogshit.

yeah, the first abno really, really shouldnt be the first one. the fourth one was a little impossible and then when I loaded after the patch something hosed up like all of my mods. oops.

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'll concede a lot of those points, especially Incomprehensible which I keep forgetting about, but how on earth did he rank 4th best? Even with incomprehensible being fantastic, unless you're factoring in availability (because Hokma and Binah, as one might surmise by how we don't even have them yet, have shockingly late Realizations) there's no way I'd rank Netzach above the four upper floors + Yesod. They're just a lot more mechanically coherent than the earlier floors are. Like I could understand putting the lower floors (minus Yesod, plus Tiph) in any given order because they're all kind of messes compared to the upper floors, but there's a pretty big power gap here.

I'm also surprised that Malkuth somehow managed to lose to Keter.

anyway this thing I said I was gonna talk about.

The list was Yesod, Binner, Cheese, Netzach, Hod, Geb, Roland, Tiph, Hokma, Malkuth.

binner, Geb, and roland are considered without taking binner, red mist, or roland into account, since those are key pages and not abnormality and ego pages. There is absolutely no way red mist gets below third place if you take her into account and roland probably shoots up similarly.

Yesod is obvious. this floor is genuinely broken from the get-go and never stops. what the hell were they thinking? like dark flame makes blunt resistances into weaknesses, chained wrath means you can lose your geb to make someone have infinite speed and +5 power on everything on top of the blunt dice power once you get to that point, on top of it having extra light gen, even more +3 power, more damage, more damage, more power, more damage, and then better farming because why not. And then on top of this they get a mass attack, a lot of mass attacks, your stagger is gone, more power, and a goddammned delete button. I don't think much is going to live 8 ~13-18s that also do bonus damage on hit.

Binner exodia is good, and unlike tiph, the pieces are good in a vacuum too. Plus, only three, meaning you can fit Tilted Scale in there to keep your team alive, the healing from that is stupid. Big Eyes is like allure but actually good. My only complaint is the punishing bird pages rewarding you for not getting hit. Isn't the entire point of the abno it gets stronger when you DO hit it? wack. Oh, and both peace and guardians for the forest are good if you dont want to do exodias. And weight of sin is stupid. And eternally lit lamp is really good. Similarly, a good variety of reliable EGO pages - the Big Single Hit That Deals Good Damage, Big Summation, Medium Individual, Gimmicky One Thats Really Good, and The Boring One.

Cheese is Yesod Lite, but Yesod Lite is still really good. What the hell is up with courage giving 3 strength and prot on a level 1 page? timber with its free +2 power on anything that matters? warm heart for another free +2? gleaning for mind hauler on steroids and extra stagger damage? Oblivion, Emerald, and Magic trick are all bonkers too. why does he have a ranged 25-35 slash for 4 light by the way?

I've already said my pieces about netzach so I wont repeat myself here- teequeue also probably is much better to listen to. your dudes just don't die.

Hod, ignoring look of the day and obsession since I never pick them, still has Axe, Coocoon, Meal, Alertness, Friend, and Gooey Waste. Its kind of like chesed except less silly. That's kind of a running theme. Its a shame her two mass attacks are bad against shimmering opponents unless you grab a mod to make Laetitia work on them, but Red Eyes is a free -3 to all next turn and thats almost enough to carry the ego pages on its own. She's the top of "has some good tools" tier, which is the "kind of generically good, but not outright silly" tier. everything above her is silly.

Geb has a lot of pages that are... kind of bad, actually? Like, obviously not all of them, but the red mist accounts for a lot of the power of the floor. Mountain of Corpses isn't actually a good page if you aren't her. Wine is wack but Vampirism is good (and I try to make fear of water work but it just doesn't). If you're looking for consistency you basically just grab Vengeance, Claws, Instincts, Absorption, Shell. By the way can anyone tell me why prey is so insanely bad when request exists? At least she has Mimicry, Dipsia, and Smile for ego pages.

Roland is actually like still pretty good even after the nerfs. You do have to give up using EGO pages for most of the game (so I won't count them or his final abnormality pages. This is in his favor since his ego pages are completely terrible and two of his three abno pages are memes), but your payoff is getting to pick whatever clashes you want thanks to Urging and Sword of Frost, Completely negate draw with curiosity, and immobilize things with A Kiss.
this is good. but there is also the part where you don't have ego pages, and none of these actually help you win clashes. Hence, the floor being in 7th place.

Tiph is part of the "more or less balanced" tier, which is a polite way to say "sure, you're not actively bad, but you ain't doing much." her exodia, while strong, is a huge pain to pull off and leaves you massively weakened until you get to emo 5 because all of the pages are terrible up until then. Void gives good power but eats half your deck and Acidic Sludge falls into the same trap as every single-effect abnormality page. I'll take fervent adoration over this, thanks. Aside from the exodia, it runs into the same issues as roland does, where it doesn't really help you win clashes- though its ego pages are at least functional.

Hokma I am absolutely biased against. Of his pages, I only like Confession and Advent; everything else I am neutral on or dislike. He does good memes but in this case that doesn't translate to being a good floor, or being fun. he's not fun. His ego pages aren't irredeemable by any means - dead silence, sound of a star, and heaven are fine - but its just... he just kind of exists.

Malkuth is at the bottom at this point because as far as I'm concerned cactus strategies without taunt are inherently bad. her ego pages are insanely inconsistent (I could not tell you the amount of times wingbeat has hit exactly once). Happy Teddy Bear is basically the only good set of pages she has, but one of them takes a while to get going and another doesn't exist (ha ha -3).

anyway heres my quick review of each floor and roughly why I placed them where I did.

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 18, 2022

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Reiterpallasch posted:

i went on a bender installing pretty much any workshop mod reception that looked popular and uh, some of these custom reception pages are, uh

...what? what?

sometimes, mods will just. Hand you boss cards, completely unchanged. Librarian of Death is one of them; I usually try not to include stuff blatantly overpowered like that in my decks, since it saps the fun out of things.

usually. I DO use amplified gaze office's version of observe, and that thing is Highly Questionable. Its observe but with like, 6-8, 7-11, 7-11 rolls. and all have gain 2 charge on clash win because why not.

also, some pages from lancelot and lancelot-epilogue; specifically, hardshield workshop (singleton version of roland's Old Boys), and reassamble again, a 0-cost 3-5 roll with +1 light, +1 draw on use and 1 feeble on hit. Also Wonton and Cashow which inflicts burn to target = burn on yourself which is a really funny way to inflict like 50+ burn in a single card.

GilliamYaeger posted:

You basically need Blockma for Hokma to work, yeah. His two best I cards both want Blockma, and everything else kinda builds off that.

I wouldn't exactly call Time a trap, but it's something you have to be ready to use. If you understand how to fight Price of Silence (hit the autobattle button then quickly go through your team and adjust things to your liking) then you understand how to use Time. If you don't have that skill, it's a trap. If you do, it's fine.

Yeah, I've ran blockma a grand total of One Time, and it was to do cheese strats because god I hate pluto. It was not the most optimal of builds because it still took like half an hour.

unrelated but fun fact about time: once, I was doing a reception that randomized your abno cards at one point in the fight (Parallel Timeline); the first time through, it randomized one of my cards to Time. the clock graphic did not move. I was not prepared to deal with Time. I did not win that fight.

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 19, 2022

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Junpei posted:

To be fair I did specify 'main story', as in no General Receptions. Also the Reverb Ensemble are post-game stuff.

reverb ensemble pages are also bad. They're basically attribution fodder on the same level as most mooks.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Started a new playthrough with the "Less Easy Library of Ruina" mod - > https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2825581611

rats started with two getting +2 str/end and pete getting 3 prot every turn. No your rat pages dont get that. So far I have lost to most fights at least once though aside from rats most have been mostly reasonable.

its novel to have the feeling of being a new player and getting my rear end kicked by everything after 300 hours.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

What are some recommended visual mods for Ruina? I haven't beaten the base game, so I don't want to mess with receptions yet, but I wanna get my nuggets looking fine and fancy for their receptions.

do you mean skins or do you mean visual stuff, since there are mods that mess with visuals (like More Cool Red Mist). I'm going to assume you mean skins.

キラキラな司書補のページ -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2320068348
Book of Silent Orchestra -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2157446937
The Bloop -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2298949347
Red Thread Proselyte -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2290566683
嫁入りしたい黒しっぽのページ -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2136432335
Amber Ordeal -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2227101185
Moon Light EGO -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2217105762
Alriune/Pygmalion EGO -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2431202932
Sorrowful Dragon -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2405176994
Victoria -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2699190329
Rewrite Gravity:The Judge Tron -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2771223838
Book of a Solo Office Operator -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2366593071
Page of Ember -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2830593859
Page of Eclosion -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2798817617

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Theantero posted:

Which would only make sense. Roland is pretty badass, but he's not 'single-handedly eliminate a Finger' badass. Let's not forget Roland's not even a color, so getting away with as much as he did in the first place is pretty remarkable.

he may not officially be a color, but he's good enough to be mistaken for one, and use the weapons of one, to the point of using its keypage as an exclusive, and having a reception where he is referred to as such. And while it may be a side effect of the library, his endurance is genuinely kind of stupid.

He doesn't have the sheer room-clearing speed of gebura (everyone laugh at no-mass-attack roland) but I think, given enough time and a reason to do so, he probably could solo an entire finger.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's also to make Roland more of a mirror to Ayin/A, who loved Carmen so much he tried to replicate her when she died. Just externally with Angela instead of internally with Roland taking up the full Black Silence mantle.

To me it reads like Angelica was the one who used the gloves and Roland was, as he claims, primarily an information Fixer. It's just he was a rank 1 Information Fixer who worked directly with the person who fought as the Black Silence and likely was providing her with information and such.

isnt that confirmed? even if he can use the gloves, Durandal was the only weapon he actually used when they worked together.

habituallyred posted:

At one point I interpreted one of the little scenes with Roland depressed in his bed as foreshadowing for a deal with Pluto. In retrospect the person making a mysterious offer was probably the Purple Tear. But the Pluto interpretation would suggest that Roland only became a Color thanks to one of those cursed deals. Which may or may not track with how much the Blue Ensemble knows about the Library.

Actually there is probably an even easier explanation. Roland is a Char. Apparently the only way to quote it is to watch the last or second to last episode so here is my best misquote, "If the only way to get my revenge is to be a Color... Then I must BE a Color!"

isnt the shot of him lying depressed in bed because it happened right after angelica died? im pretty sure the pluto appearance in his cutscenes is both as the one who roland screwed over via contract, and the one who prevented roland from going to nest.

and, to be clear - since i barely know about this kind of topic - char is gundam?

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Its been a while since i posted about the Less Easy Ruina mod, and the reason for that is that I stalled in the earlygame and didnt care enough to fix it so I just shoved my full game save back in from the backup instead.

remixed geb realization is actually quite cool for the most part. The red fight is completely remixed; the wolf gains a 4-turn HP gate, and during the first four turns, summons abnormalities from other floors to harass you. Additionally, killing the wolf gives red power null and 50 fragile for a turn, negating the single most frustrating aspect of vanilla geb.
the wolf fight doesn't have an hp gate, but it does summon abnormalities one by one - with the catch that these actively buff the wolf so long as theyre alive.
MoC seemed pretty normal, geb completely rolled it with the power of cigarettes.
Nosferatu is mostly normal except they summon distorted elena during the second phase.

Nothing There got a pretty sizable buff. Baral is there, though they don't activate until scene 2, has 160 hp and doesnt need to be killed. Mimicry also makes all your pages cost +1 light during this phase.
upon killing it goes into normal egg phase.
going into third phase though, it gets all 3 NT pages (so hello, goodbye, and shell), and is otherwise fine. but after this, the mod developer decided to get funny.

Garion shows up.

with 2800 hp, 300 stagger, three phases, immunity to finishing touch. Takes 2x physical damage, but after losing a clash inflicts power null on both pages. And if you're thinking to just throw geb at one-sided attacks she starts each scene with thirty two 4-7 counter-block. and recovers 80 hp but thats actually like not an issue.

second phase starts with shockwave - not degraded - and has a bunch of resistance shenanigans. Increasing or decreasing garion's resistances (starts at ineffective/immune), decreasing your resistances, or amplifying or weakening the pages played in the next scene.

phase 3 is the complete bs phase. First off, she's immune to stagger turn 1, and starting turn 2, if you take more than 30 seconds to select pages, it bumps the cost of every page not currently in a speed die by 1. Then, she has the passive "Pillars of Tyranny", which is: "every 5 scenes, use special pages which will add extremely powerful pages to hand on hit." These special pages are things like, "nullify target's slash die, deal half stagger" on a 13-18/7-10/6-8 (still has power null on clash lose btw). And the extremely powerful page? "nullify target's pierce die, deal half damage" on a 11-16/15-20/13-18 with a 32-32 evade at the end.

phase 4 is a "use the funny ego page we give you" cutscene phase. oh and btw nothing there is still there just immobile and offscreen so you better have been damaging it

I can't speak for the effective difficulty given my extremely high power modded geb team running things like smoky blue mist, macrosis bremen, yae from the mod that gives them a map icon, macrosis tanya, and mirinae, along with some nuts resource cards like hardshield workshop, reassemble again, and rest, but everything looked cool up until garion which was kind of a shitshow.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

My Blockma combo is 3xBi An and 3xOminous Power. Practically speaking, it's infinite light and cards - you start every turn with 0 light but since your Bi An uses last turn (each one drawing 2 cards each plus your start of turn draw for a total of 7 cards drawn) redrew all three Ominous Powers that doesn't matter. The only issue is the hand limit of 8 stopping you from redrawing all six cards of the combo every single turn, but that's easily remedied by including a single-use card like Field Mods in the deck. The last part of this combo is, obviously, the Purple Tear, which means, as I said in the thread, you need to beat three of the four SotC finales to get this combo going at full strength.

as someone who has used suboptimal blockma decks because i dismissed ominous power out of hand:

you want to have an optimal blockma deck. suboptimal blockma is genuinely one of the least fun experiences ive ever had in this game

ED: did some turbulence office. Generally pretty fun, decent challenge given how powerful my library is. It was actually pretty easy up until the rat king went untargetable and got 86 strength and 100 vigor and murdered most of my netzach floor - but at least it doesnt fall into the trap a lot of hard mods do with only giving you one floor. Granted, two I think is still too small, but its better than 1.
softlocked on act 4 though so I had to just press del, i dont quite care enough to redo that entire fight.

ED2: did Less Easy Ruina Red mist fight. complete shitshow. It took two full hours with an impuritas level binner team. She has FIVE PHASES, each with 700 HP, new attacks, and a permanent passive that reduces damage taken if she takes too much damage.
Her first phase is very similar to vanilla except she gets 1 more light and card each scene, and she limits your strength and endurance to 6 per librarian, and purges untargetable, and turns "finishing touch" into "eye of death/enervation" for some reason.
second phase starts Gebura Supression. She has 12-15s that reroll when clashed vs block, tons of bind inflictions, 9-9 counter evades that destroy all dice on your page and power null you if you lose, and an extra +2 to everything on top of her EGO power bonus. Also she has the red eyes EGO page.
Third Phase she gets all 3 NT Abno pages, is immune to deflect damage, heals half the damage dealt when she does hit you, and gains buffs if she fails the EGO damage check, and if YOU collectively fail it. Shoutouts to her mass-individual that doesnt deal damage, but starts with an 18-24 that drains 2 light on hit. or the 5-7 thats mislabeled and instantly staggers targets as the third die. and a 29-35 that destroys all of your dice for the rest of the scene if it hits.
Fourth phase. her HP bar doesnt matter here. Three abnos spawn in. I think theyre supposed to murder each other but I had a Big Eyes user and they kept getting attacked. Don't know if that was on purpose or not and like hell im redoing the fight to check. all non-gold non-counter dice roll twice, and after being staggered once she becomes immune to debuffs for the rest of the phase, and after each stagger she spams a page that has a random order of 11-16/6-11/5-12 dice that inflict debuffs on clash win. Oh, and she has 4-10 that if rolled twice deletes all your dice, and a 5-5 that deals 35% of your max HP on hit that says "always wins clashes" but the one time she used it I won in a clash against it so who knows. Oh and while she's doing her Giant Die Rush she power nulls both people if she loses a clash. She also has a 13-20 that inflicts 20 feeble this scene and 20 disarm next scene on hit, followed by a 3-5 that deals 15 stagger, and if it staggers you it gets reused once per scene. ALSO ALSO the funeral is one of the spawned abnos and its mass attack does still target librarians so have fun randomly losing half your health to 10 1-3 dice that have the solemn lament gimmick.
THEN, in her FIFTH phase, she starts off with a 20-24 mass individual that gives her 20 stagger prot this scene and 20 haste and strength next scene on hit, then a bunch of smaller individual dice. Then, she targets all 8 speed dice at someone with a 999-999 rapid melee page that instantly kills on hit. Then, she is immobilized for two scenes. It SAYS "the librarians win" if you stagger her during this phase.

thats false advertising. what actually happens is you get to watch a 7-scene cutscene where garion and two claws spawn in, kali murders the claws, but garion gets Plot Armor (no literally she becomes immune to damage) and assembles birdxodia (???) and then they go down to 1 hp and both die.

the only good thing it does is give you like 50 red mist books after the fight. I imagine the mod author thought "wouldnt this be cool" and completely neglected to do any playtesting because it is completely unfun to play. I don't even understand why its there. We're receiving kali, why are we doing gebura supression?? if we're doing gebura supression why did it end with kali vs garion ??

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 27, 2022

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Shastahanshah posted:

Got Library of Ruina for Christmas, I completely didn't realize Lobotomy Corp had a sequel!

...I'm either dumb or it's really hard to figure out how to actually use cards, I skipped my turn twice.

I literally know how to use cards and skipped my turn multiple times, i would press space to roll my speed, then get distracted and roll it again without noticing that i had done it already.

TeeQueue posted:

And if you ever need help, there are very wordy people in this very thread who are more than happy to help!

hi yes im one of those people

unrelated to both of these things, i thought a "no good combat pages" (well, less, i still want to game to be kind of fun) challenge run could be interesting, and am looking for input on what people think should be banned. I'd post the list i have so far in a spoiler but its a pretty long list, so atm i'm making a google sheet with the pages organized by tier on it

ED2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eUCYdpc43emzcZfpaBYQxY-q_4iYELZfd661nP7dHA8/edit?usp=sharing <-- heres the google sheet, pictures to be added later

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 2, 2023

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I'm curious about how TQ going to work with Roland vs Argalia combat dialogue since Roland absolutely refuses to talk to his opponent after the opening banter

he talks enough for two people as is.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Theantero posted:

All you need to beat Red Mist is to take Binah, really. No cheese necessary.

genuinely this, especially if TQ does the tier 1 general receptions before doing red mist - dong-hwan, night awls, and udjat are in there. the awls are obvious, but dong-hwan comes with mangle and toughness, and udjat counter red mist pretty well.
I said it recently, that if you have a properly built binner floor, the red mist will never leave it upon entering. And i stand by that. The floor - and binner - are designed to hard counter her.
plus, in addition to red mist keypage, it lets tq play with using binner in normal content once you beat it.

also there's the classic cheese strat of going in solo and stacking block dice and protection so you can get to Emotion Level V with red mist still in phase 1, with no cost reduction on any of her pages. Since she doesn't have shimmering, you can completely prevent her from playing GS:H at all. I highly doubt TQ will do that, and its arguably even lamer than full stop cheese, but it is viable.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

re, this:

Solitair posted:

It took me until my second playthrough to cotton on to best way to handle the upcoming fight, and even then I had access to cards TeeQueue won't (from Cane Office and the Liu).

I'm pretty sure all you really need is prot from stuff like scattering slash, economy pages to keep playing scattering slash, and then hod floor for look of the day and gooey waste. The main thing is that since she doesnt have shimmering, if you can prevent her from getting her discounts on her pages you can easily starve her of light once she gets to Emo 5 and stops getting free refills, and from there you can go to town without having to worry about greater splits which are the real problem. Plus constant free staggers because she can't hit her 40-damage requirements.

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 12, 2023

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

That would definitely work but also it would be boring

its funny the first time you do it and a viable way to do it super early if you arent confident in just shooting her to death but yeah just using binner after doing sotc t1 and maybe some of t2 is probably the best for casual play

vaguely related via the fact theyre both colors: does anyone enjoy using vanilla argalia?

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

iwfan53 posted:

For me, my strategy was to use run Keter since it was the only floor that gives you access to all five librarians for this particular fight, and load everyone up with lots of paralyze and even more importantly forceful gesture.

Any hit by a forceful gesture (and its rolling an umodiffied 5-16 so it isn't that hard to land hits with it) will basically drain one from all of Red Mist's rolls next turn.

Just stack a ton of debuffs on her dice, and I was able to win without needing to call in my second or third floor reinforcements.

sometimes i think about how stupidly insanely good the puppet pages are and wonder how they ever got into the full release

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

beat chapter 2 and the mirror dungeon! main team is G Corp Gregor, G Corp Outis, LCCB Rodion, R Corp Heathcliff, and Blade Lineage Yi Sang.
Gregor: got his Lantern EGO, which pairs well with the stupid amount of green this team makes. always the last to die unless he gets killed from full hp because of how stagger works.
Outis: badly needed UT3 for consistency reasons, but her huge fuckoff attack is a joy to land.
Rodion: Surprisingly effective. Bludgeon is very fun to use.
Heathcliff: good clasher and damage dealer. Why the hell does r corp have limited ammo though? isn't "so much ammo its basically infinite" part of their deal? 13 shots is not infinite.
Yi Sang: Either he's a crit god who does a shitload of damage, or he loses every clash, gets staggered, and dies. no inbetween.

Main roadblock: 2-12. Beat it by upthreading my dudes; Gregor to UT3, everyone else to UT2.

Mirror Dungeon: I lost three dudes in the final fight to bad rng but otherwise had little trouble. Fun rewards but i'm not excessively enthused to know my hunch of "the exp gotten from doing this is going to be needed" was correct.

Favorite blorbo: gregor my man

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

I was looking in the dispensary and went man, i could really use kurokumo ryoshu with my team, and outis ego looks so cool
then i did the 10-pull and both were in it. ok.

It also took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that support passive existed. Remember, if you have a UT3 identity, and you're not actively using a different one on that sinner, you should have the UT3 one equipped for the support passive.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Huh. I got the Rabbit version of Heathcliff and while he has a card that builds charge he has no way to spend it. Even at maximum uptie. I wonder if it is supposed to give ammo?

charge decays over time in limbus and he has rewards for having high charge. Plus, Graze the Grass was a charge gen card in ruina.
It's definitely weird that he runs out of ammo given that rabbit mooks had "sufficient ammo" passive to NOT do that, but he's a great character nonetheless. Even when running out of ammo he still is fantastic for clashes.

anyway I got to the third dungeon's boss, and i figured, I havent had trouble on any stages up until now, and while the stuff leading up to it was hard i only lost one sinner.
ah, it's like fighting xiao for the first time.... I got completely destroyed.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

I was honestly not expecting new identities and EGO on a bi-weekly basis; I kind of regret turning so many shards into threads now. Only kind of, though.

anyway i used reindeer ishmael as a friend unit once because shes cute and mind whip got used twice. The first, with 10+ charge; rolled H-T-T-H, did middling damage.
the second with less than 10 charge. targeted my heathcliff. rolled H-H-H, didn't get to the fourth die because he exploded on the third.

right now burn seems to be great for group fights if you run ardor blossom star and liu meursault; both of them specialize in mass burn. I don't have any of my liu identities raised, though, nor do I have ADS, so I can't try it out myself.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I really gotta unlock Mirror Dungeons, but the game basically heats up my phone to death and haven't linked to Steam yet.

game plays leagues smoother on pc, i'd recommend doing that asap

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Biggest thing is I prefer mobile for this kind of game since I can't really use my PC when working (I use my monitor as a second screen since the laptop's too small) and also my insecurity on my account despite having almost all 00s bar one and several 000, cause no EGO.

...also, just to know, while the game probably gets linked to your steam account or smth it does not show your username in-game, right?

I don't believe it shows your username anywhere, given that there aren't account names in the first place

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Ayndin posted:

I heard this came out a few days ago while I was on vacation, remembered that I wanted to look this up yesterday. First set of rolls came out pretty well - I've got Reindeer Ishmael, Rabbit Heathcliff, Kurokumo Rodya, Tingtang Hong Lu, G Corp Corp Gregor, and the free Yi Sang, plus a bunch of 00 IDs off of the two discounted 10s, the two tickets, and one further ten pull. No EGOs though. Still working on clearing chapter 2 so I can start with Mirror Dungeons, should hopefully have that done today. I'm having a bunch of analysis paralysis on who to uptie; given chapter 3 Ishmael sounds like a good idea and my teams always seem to let her spam her harpoon, but I'm also considering Heathcliff who frequently tops the damage meter, or maybe Hong Lu? I only have the free 100 for now so there's only really 1-2 characters I can uptie anyway.

Friend code is C701368770 , I should probably add people at some point!

what OO identities did you get? there's a number of them that are quite good- Mariachi Sinclair, for example. and the guaranteed shi ishmael is also good, i hear.
Normally I would advocate for raising two 2*s (since its 50 to UT3 them, as opposed to 100 for the 3*), but Tingtang Hong Lu I hear is obscenely overpowered.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Theantero posted:

It is pretty funny to have all this talk about everyone being stylish because of Tailors and the Head's Gun Control in Ruina only to have Ishmael go all tacticlol on a dude's rear end in Limbus :v:

I choose to believe that this implies the SWAT gear is entirely a stylistic choice and that she could just wear a tux or something instead, but refuses to.

its a uniform, though yes chosen for aesthetic moreso than practical use given the city

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

it's basically what arknights does, except less good because it doesn't work on dungeons, story or mirror.

Junpei posted:

Actually, that brings up a good point: How do you feel about using the same Identity type on different characters in the same team?

As of now, we can do:

Seven team, of Yi Sang and Ryoshu
Shi team, of Don Quixote, Heathcliff and Ishmael
Kurokumo team, of Ryoshu, Hong Lu and Rodion
WARP team, of Faust, Don Quixote and Meursault
Liu team, of Meursault and Gregor
Blade Lineage team, of Yi Sang, Sinclair and Outis
G Corp team, of Outis and Gregor
LCCB team of Ishmael and Rodion
R Corp team of Heathcliff and Ishmael

Do you feel like these groups have synergy with each other, or not?

Used both g corps - they really don't, at all. Hell, LCCB Ishmael pairs better with gregor than G Corp Outis.
Liu definitely does, given meursault just gets better the more burn you have. I can't wait for a full burn team to be viable tbh.
Warp/R Corp users are pretty selfish so far, same as in ruina, and I don't see team-wide charge gen really being a thing for a while. If it does though then it'll become pretty great.
Kurokumo team is just Funny Bleed, and bleed is a lot like burn in that it only gets better the more of it you have.
Shi Team feels like a bad idea since you need your entire team to be half dead for it; having only one seems a lot safer.
Others I can't really comment on.

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 4, 2023

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Theantero posted:

But I would prefer zero poop in my soup, you see.

Here's hoping Chapter 4 will slap the base maximum to 6 and have you unable to get 7.

I'm gonna be real with you, I don't see the point of complaining about the ability to bring a 6th sinner. If you're getting your rear end beat by bad RNG on a story stage, bring along a friend to help you complete it. it can't be used in most content, but said content is also locked behind story, so giving players a tool to get past that story quicker if they're getting frustrated is cool, in my book.
Also the part where it's entirely optional and I still did 90% of the story with 5 sinners anyway. You're one of those gamers complaining that an easy mode is ruining their game. If you don't like it, just don't use it..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

as far as mechanics go, I basically just do win rate but manual :v
I try to go for things with the best chance of winning clash (while also maximizing damage)
win rate isn't quite optimal though, as an example I will use Concentrated Fire from rabbit heathcliff as an example.
At base, it is a 4C [4]+2 skill; meaning it can be 4-6-8-10-12 as possible results.

If it were to clash against a 3+10, with a range of 3-13, that looks like a fair roll; 4-12 vs 3-13 means half the results win.
The thing is, concentrated fire only needs the enemy to min roll a single time; its own rolls don't matter at all, here.
So the actual chance of the enemy "winning" is (1/2)^4, or around 6%, assuming they have neutral sanity.
Meanwhile, a 6+10 (from G Corp Outis), has a 25% chance to lose, since while 3 out of 4 outcomes result in victory, you only have to lose once, so it ends up being worse for the clash, despite the better numbers.

and then things like Cloud Cutter (kurokumo hong lu) I like to just throw at stuff thats way too weak for it to maximize the chance of it getting the entire attack out, since its much better at damage than clashes.