Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1973530/announcements/detail/3680057008998278760

New attendance event, OO Rain-Yi Sang and OOO Olga-Outis.

Also the next update will improve the performances of the game on phones, which is absolutely great for me since the past month has been exceedingly silly with my phone getting super hot when doing the crab grind or around the 5th floor of MD2. :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I'm really curious to see how Warp Marlboro numbers will turn out to be, it would be interesting if the damage potential of her third skill will be sky high but with a very tricky charge requirement. Still it's nice to see how much variety there is amongst charge identities~

Also all bets are off for the meaning of Ryoshu's acronyms.

microfolk fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 21, 2023

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't the end of it too!

Anyways this loving sucks but I'm mostly sorry for Watson, he didn't deserve any of the harassment he was subjected to (nobody does) nor should he or anyone else in the translation teams have to put up with bonkers working conditions like they had to (and probably will continue to). I hate everything about this situation :D

microfolk fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 22, 2023

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Junpei posted:

By the way, I have a minor lore theory regarding WARP, though admittedly it's mostly based on visuals.

So, we now know that L1/2/3 counts up rather than down in terms of competency (3 > 2, unlike Fixers where 1 > 2 in strength/competence).

Faust, Meursault and Hong Lu are L2s, while Don and Ryoshu are L3s. Notably, only Don and Ryoshu have the 'rip hole in space' visual effect on their most powerful attacks. The other three have electrical auras/effects on their weapons, but they don't really seem to interact with the stolen dimension tear Singularity at all, they're just taser weapons, broadly.

So I think you only get access to the Singularity-enhanced weapons on reaching L3 level. Retroactively, I think this indicates that Rose, Sen, and Lesti were all L3s due to their access to the Rip Space card.

Wasn't Sen on her first day out of training? I still haven't read any of the non-Don W Identities story but would that mean that everyone but Don and Ryoshu are still in training? Or am I missing something?

Talking about the LP, I hope that TeeQueue installed the no-grind mod, grinding Xiao (and distorted Yan) was maybe the most stressful-tedious thing I had to do in my playthrough, thank god both for the Mili's songs that made it bearable.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
You mean a sick rear end banging idea? The furry designs in Ruina were amazing.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Source

New identities stats, they look fun~

Also the schedule update post seems to imply that the 5th chapter has been delayed to the 16th of November. I wonder how long it will take PM to post the updated roadmap, or if they will ever post a new one at all considering how much stuff has gone down lately.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
They also released informations about the new Refraction Railway Line.

Random points from the announcement:
- Starts on the 14th, it will stays open until the release of RR line 3 (no date for this)
- 8 looping stages + a final 9th one. Each loop adds a buff for the party and for the enemies, both of which are to be chosen from a set with some rules regarding when you can choose the same bonus multiple times. The 9th stage can be accessed at any point after finishing the first point and beating it will end the run.
- There won't be reset tactics anymore? The state of the field (hp, resources, speed, skills on the dashboard, etc) are carried between fights, so resetting the fight does absolutely nothing. Also the number of actions is fixed to the party size, smaller parties will have to work with an heavy action disadvantage.
- The banner will record both the number of cleared loops and the total turn number. The special version of the banner will be given out to everyone who clears the 9th stage before the end of the season.

Not sure how I feel about not being able to reset the RNG anymore, it loving sucked during the first RR but depending on how hyper tuned the enemies will be in the new one it could mean finding yourself in an extremely disadvantaged position when starting a new fight without any recourse other than starting a new run from scratch. :smith:
The banner tracking the cleared loops counter sounds extremely tedious but on the other hand I don't care at all about showing off the banner and I'm sure there will be some people who'll have a field day grinding it to absurd numbers.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Oh no Rodya has became catholic

microfolk fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 15, 2023

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I really like the Mental Corruption passive, if only it would be as absolutely busted as Chained Wrath :allears:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Lt. Lizard posted:

Effie and Saude announcers. I repeat, :siren:Effie and Saude announcers!:siren:

:siren:Effie and Saude announcers!!!:siren:

I finally finished the RR2 after postponing it for a very long time. What a tedious and unfun piece of garbage, I hope I won't have to see the centipede ever again in my life T_T

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Am I reading this wrong or does the new Luxcavation info implies there will be at least 54 stages in the first part of the chapter? :stonklol:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I finally got everything I was missing from the dispensary and I'll start the new Season with 1600+ nominal boxes after the conversion... I might have grinded too much.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I love Don's :3: face in the base art, but I'm not a big fan of how her breasts are accentuated in the upgraded art. Limbus has been pretty good thus far but some artworks definitely feel more sexualized than they have ever been in the previous games.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

YES bread posted:

chestwraps are cool as hell actually

100% agree, I just could do without the male-gazey artwork.

But anyways I just noticed how they announced that going forward we'll get two minichapters between cantos, that's really good! I'll miss the VA in those but it's a good tradeoff.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I've been really enjoying this chapter thus far, especially the voice acting, but god do I miss Vellmori's artworks :smith:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Has anyone else found the Lunar Memory ego gift? I think I got it once a couple weeks after MD2 released, and never saw it again since then... And I do quite a lot of of MD.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I’m stuck with a stage 5 Dream-Devouring Siltcurrent, whatever I do I get absolutely destroyed on turn 2 I don’t know if this is salvageable :shepicide:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Marluxia posted:

I came in with a bleed team, and yeah, I realized right away clashing wasn't gonna help. So I just focused on breaking the flotsam and the leftover damage, I poured directly into the fluorescent part, since its skill is unclashable, which meant it wasn't gonna block my attacks. Yeah, that means it gets free damage against your team with its non-blind obsession skill, but its skills isn't as damaging as that one. I also had Faust to use Fluid Sac, so that helped keep my team, minus Don that Siltcurrent exploded second turn, alive.

It was beating the poo poo out of my team but it was also bleeding out and slamming into the broken flotsam every turn. Once the fluorescent part is broken, you've basically won, but yeah, it's not going to be bloodless.

I managed to get a win after a couple hours break. Turns out the secret is having Don being absolutely atomized by the Big loving Attack on turn 2. :3:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
No loving way what

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
These design are so good :allears:

I wonder if the announcers will be available in the Dispensary in the next Walpurgis events: I doubt it, but I think they don't state it clearly in the announcement.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Got Outis in 60 pulls, very happy about that... But now I'm torn over continuing to pull for Malkuth :3: I'd hate to lose her forever in the case she'll never hit the Dispense

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Onehandclapping posted:

Yeah, Wi-sang goes on rupture teams because there's very few identities that are rupture positive or neutral, and he is once his charge is up.

I've been messing around with MD3 bleed teams and I've come to the conclusion that it's far and away the most busted. The super-ego is the best one, and the team isn't forcibly gimped with mediocre ID's like the burn team. You can just stick all the S3 ID's on it, with the pequod crew, Pirate Greg, the middles, then either Hook-Lu or KKryo, reroll until you have the super bleed fuse item, then win rate brrrr through every single floor. The minimum roll for this team with the gift is about a 15 and any other gifts are just cherries on top. It's absolutely silly how busted +2 on every flip is for clashing, and it doubles the damage done on top of that. It's far and away the easiest team for clearing MD3H, with Heathcliff, Don and Greg are all dropping casual 30 roll skill 3's.

You weren't kidding about how strong a bleed team can get in MD3H :dogstare:
It took quite the investment of exp tickets to bring all IDs to 40 but after fusing for the tier IV bleed gift I basically steamrolled the whole dungeon, the clash values and the damage output is just insane

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Going by this guide there is also the Jade Qilin (nominated by Roland in the short story set after Ruina) and also the Grass Maiden might be a color?

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

RandomReader posted:

What's the short story? I remember Roland rattling off a list of the contestants form most powerful fixer, but I can't find it.

I found this reddit post with a translation, I think it was the one I read but it was almost a year ago so idk if there are other versions out there. Looking at it now it's very neat how it also foreshadows the Indigo Elder heh

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I can't wait to put her in my bleed team :unsmigghh:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Oh how I wish that Ppodae could be the Pikachu, but I guess that donor abnormalities will never come up again? Or did I miss any of them in Ruina/Limbus?

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I think that Meursault deserves all the BL in the world, there is no such thing as a lower limit to it :colbert:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
limbus.kusoge.xyz has a faction filter, I've been using this site more than Prydwen lately.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Yinlock posted:

apparently we've been getting the absolute bottom-barrel dregs of the kuro lineup because as enemies they're actually fairly effective

especially that midboss, where's the ID for that guy PM. is gregor supposed to be him because someone should probably tell gregor's coins that

That dude completely stopped my MD3H run on its track, I found him on level 5 and after 10 restarts I just couldn't avoid having him explode most of my team and had to call it quits. :smith:

Anyways the new identities are finally making me want to try a Poise team, I'll finally have to unlock the extra ego gifts after ignoring this composition for so long~

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I reroll for the fusion gift components every single run :smith: But it's not that bad when you get all the relevant starlight buffs and it never gets old to roll 30-40 with regular skills :unsmigghh:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I'm around 3500... I might be grinding too much :ohdear:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
This game can be so incredibly funny I miss these scenes being dubbed but I love the constant stream of writing we're getting

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
They are italian

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Öufi's uniform reminds me of Swiss Vatican Guards, the catholification of the Limbus cast continues relentlessly

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
On the other hand Lucky Pouch (poise fusion gift) makes every Skill 3 roll ridiculously high (Cinqlair can go for something like 35-38) alongside it's poise generating effect which in a blade lineage team isn't really that much worse than Nebulizer, let alone running both of them at the same time. But yeah, the Bleed fusion gift is absolutely ridiculous :unsmigghh:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

Yinlock posted:

Oh yeah pouch itself is still really good, nebulizer is just idiotic in terms of poise generation. It does need upgrades though

I forgot Nebulizer can be upgraded! There is so much unnecessary stuff to make the Yaoi team even stronger than it already is, too bad that the event is gone now, I missed being able to crit 100% of the times with Kim's hat

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Also complaining always works, did a Burn run (also disgusting) where I got to fuse Red Gossypium, and the next Bleed run had Piece of Relationship on a shop, so I have a full compedium before Season 4 :toot: Hope thay won't clear it up when changing MD. Also I should have done more Normal runs, I basically barely did half the Starlight tree, cause I bought the higher chance and +1 starting gift nodes for my objective. Still have 1000 boxes though.

I think I'm doing something terribly wrong because I can't seem to find Lunar Memory :smith: I saw it once at the beginning of the past season and after that it completely disappeared, and I do quite a bit of MD runs.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
:siren::siren::siren: BUTLER OUTIS, I REPEAT, BUTLER OUTIS :siren::siren::siren:

For a wonderful terrible second I confused Yi Sang for Angela, the thingamajiggie on his neck threw me off

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

PetraCore posted:

I just need fanart of Cathy in the Beatrice Umineko dress.

I need this in my life holy poo poo

This chapter is already amazing, and I keep going back to this but the voice acting makes the script so much more engaging, even the sillier stuff like
Ishamel twisting Yi Sang's words to friendly but mercilessly dunk on Heatcliff is made so much better by hearing her poo poo eating voice and then having Yi Sang being COMPLETELY DEJECTED by this... This game is so loving funny

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I'd love to give Wet Dog Cliff a chance in this Canto but there is no way in hell I'm dumping exp tickets into his sorry rear end, they are a precious commodity.
Or did past cantos boost the titular sinner to max level for the final dungeon? I forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Finally beat the chapter, goddamn I love this game so much ;_;

I was just a tiny bit disappointed in how little Ishamel factored in the whole thing, I was hoping for a mirror of the Heatcliff scene in Canto 5... But at the same time the story was already packed to the brim like this and it was the right thing to focus almost exclusively on Heatcliff, the writing was absolutely stellar.

Also I'm unreasonably excited about the Sakuya Izayoi identity and I'm going to pray every night that we will get moustachoed Ryoshu as an Identity or Ego. :pray: