Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

HopperUK posted:

What's the symptom you're most annoyed nobody ever warned you about when you were young? I think for me it's the godawful poops.

Not quite what you're asking, but I take meds to regulate my period bc PCOS, and drat medication gives me restless legs! I can't fuckin sleep!! Thank God a round of meds is only a week

Also one time my period sent me to the ER so that was fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

HopperUK posted:

But I just know they'll want to put me on birth control and ugggh I don't wanna take that stuff

God SAME that's why I'm on the one week of progesterone as-needed rather than the 365-days-of birth control. That poo poo 100% skeeves me out

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm super loving depressed and every time I cross my fingers and pray 'please be pms' so I don't have to take the pills this month

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Starting in the middle of the night is unusual but at least its polite enough to wake me up with cramps too painful to sleep through to let me know

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I don't get mouth ulcers but I do get at least one, usually multiple, stye(s) which is like. Really sexy.

I do want to post about my gratitude for my diva cup bc man does dealing with my period twice a day and forgetting I'm even bleeding during the rest of the day make me feel so much more like a human being with competence and dignity than the alternatives

Also maybe it's just PCOS hormone weirdness but beyond like the first or second day of my period all the mood poo poo lifts and I'm actually in a better than average mood for the rest? Feels clean feels organic

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Honestly I have seen someone leak before and it was just kind of "aw, poor them :("

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

Did you let them know? :ohdear:

Not me personally, but someone in my group did

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Some of yalls normals sound like where I was at when my uterine polyps detached and I got sent to the ER for anemia :ohdear:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Mine was a few weeks off after my booster, though having a regular period is very new and abnormal for me so it could very well just be PCOS reverting to the mean

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i was feeling real cranky like 'EVERYTHING is dumb and stupid!!' and then i got the slightest twinge of a cramp and it all made sense

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

MACAW.AVI posted:

When I was a teen, I’d know that my period was coming when I started jonesing for pistachio ice cream.

drat that's me every day tho

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I keep getting weirdly specific cravings and then the smallest cramps it's been doing this for a week could my period 🅿️LEASE start already

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I should be allowed to squeeze out my uterus like a bottle of ketchup

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Some day my princeeriod will come

If it doesn't come by April I get to force it with chemicals :science:
The drugs suck to be on 😞

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It's only for a week but drat I hate being on progesterone I get so goddamn sad and sad is already kinda my baseline lmao

Still better than birth control or iuds tho lmao gently caress that

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Day 2 of progesterone and I am convinced all of my friends hate me

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just reach in and pull your uterine lining out yourself?

i wish i could squeeze it out like a ketchup bottle but i do also like the imagery of carving it out like a pumpkin

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

There's a few days of wait between stopping taking the progesterone and my period actually starting and oh God I'm just so sweaty all the time

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Bloooooooooood

PMS is an absolutely miserable experience, but when actually bleeding, is it that unusual to feel better than normal? My anxiety is lifted more than even normal days. Feels serene feels cleansing

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

ovary havers - anyone got pain relief tips for a pcos cyst that is causing massive back pain? it's radiating round my whole lower back and stomach in what I can only describe as a girdle of pain :cry:

I had a huge cyst burst and the doctors gave me 500mg naproxen which helped a lot.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

When said cyst burst i was just stepping onto the subway so it was like a secret portal to owww

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Sigh my periods over back to not having any energy

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I use a paper calendar because I like to colour in squares, but also mines more for 'how long has it been since my last one, do I need to take progesterone' rather than anticipating future cycles

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I got the Tough Titties like a whole week early?? This is misogyny

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Anyone else get the tittyache so bad you compulsively give yourself cancer checks even tho that isn't even how cancer works

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm glad it finally started on its own, but rude of it to make me dig through like 4 different bags to figure out which one I forgot my diva cup in while it's 11pm and I'm tired and cranky

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I guess that explains why wanting a tattoo has seemed to be of life-or-death importance for the past day or two

Edit: aw poo poo and now I'm emotional about how much I liked a video game what a loving stupid biological process

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 20, 2022

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

For real tho

Killingyouguy! posted:

I guess that explains why wanting a tattoo has seemed to be of life-or-death importance for the past day or two

life was fine and then hormones decided i need to switch banks and find a gym and get a tattoo and get tubal ligation surgery and like sure but why all right now and with SUCH urgency?? i nearly got upset because i couldn't find a tattoo artist on instagram i was happy with. some of these things can wait a minute!!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wonder what prehistoric women did when they had these hormonal bursts. Even ancient history like Mesopotamia. Oh poo poo oh gently caress oh poo poo I need to buy figs and clean this tunic and why am I so drat angry and hey those loving bees need to make more honey I neeeeed honey.

Well I've read that period food cravings are a culturally bound symptom and globally, most women don't actually get them? So ancient women's experiences of their cycles were probably wildly different from ours

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i only think about the actual bleeding part of my period for the like 1 minute at morning and evening when I empty my diva cup

bizarrely this feeling of mastery over a very female process lessens my general dislike of being female

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

my period is over now we resume the normal, non-hormonal sadness

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

sneak preview

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Only menstruation adjacent but I've been trying to get a tubal ligation and my family doctor is on board but Jesus christ is it a challenge to even get a single appointment with a gynecologist right now. I thought I had a gynecologist who was 'mine' but then when I tried to book an appointment with her, the hospital was like 'no your prior concern is managed now so you have to start over as a new patient? And we're not accepting new patients.' so now my doctor and I are running around the city trying to get any other gyno to respond to our emails

i just wanna be sterile

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 11, 2022

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My period has been threatening to start for days now, could it please arrive so I can sleep again

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

If I'm gonna get pms symptoms I'd at least like to also get my period eventually. gently caress pcos what a bullshit disease

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Xun posted:

Do periods make people depressed/anxious? I know mines around the corner and man I have been extremely depressed and stressed out lately

PMS makes things impressively dark but once the period actually starts I'm actually in a better than average mood

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I told my doctor 'it's so bad I want to hurt myself but it's only like a day' a d she was like 'well it's only a day' and I was like "well it's only a day"

It's only a day

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

let the stench of blood fill you with the urge to kill, cowards

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My period has one week to show up before I have to take the Pills That Make Me Depressed again so it best be hurryin

Like I'd definitely take this over developing polyps again but Jesus christ it's not a fun experience. Progesterone makes me sad and unable to sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

silicone thrills posted:

I hate that half the time in my period I feel like I have a uti but I'll piss on the test strips and it's not a uti. It's just some dumb period bullshit. Least the testers are cheap.

God yeah if it's the right time of month it's like 'do I haul rear end out to the clinic or do I wait a few days' it's the pH changes that do it