Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Which is wild, because Quantumania looked like 97% CGI on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I see a few replies implying he’s The Sentry. Where’s that coming from?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Taskmaster is barely a character in Black Widow, I hope they flesh her out more in this movie

It’s an ensemble movie, she won’t.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m mildly mad they got William Jackson Harper and he’s just Chidi with a glowing forehead. Like yeah, we’ve all seen the quantumknife, Chidi.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I feel like I’m still waiting for an MCU Andor. Something that makes everything before look bad by comparison.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I think that boat sailed when the first trailer seemed to have essentially the entire movie in it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Spoilers subreddit also has a Mephisto one shot for next Halloween listed, so we’ll see.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

And Superman should be lighthearted too. He’s the big blue Boy Scout.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Quite Frankly captures the sexy oiled Aussie dude aspect of Logan that we've been craving since Pryde of the X-Men

I think you’ll find Logan has the bacony scent of Canada all over him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I'm happy now they didn't waste Mr. Mind, the Wickedest Worm in the World, on this picture.

He's back again, in almost the exact same scene from the end of Shazam 1.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s.. what? That would seem he didn’t understand the character at all?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A whole bunch of agents are on the phone trying to be first in the recast audition. I wonder how quickly LaKeith Stanfield can bulk up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lol calling out the MCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shW9i6k8cB0

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The villain is the Spot, he’s right there in the trailer.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I think making the Riddler a Zodiac conspiracy theorist makes sense but it also feels dated and like the kind of thing you would have done 10 or 15 years ago. All of the Batman felt kind of dated to me though and that could just be me being over Batman.

It was the much vaunted fan idea for the Riddler after The Dark Knight came out, so you’re right on the 15 years ago money.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

I have high hopes that the Batman: Brave and the Bold movie that Gunn announced will feature several of Bruce's adopted children in addition to Damian and just drop us into the middle of an established BatFam.

I’ll just be glad if any of them remember that Damian isn’t white.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah Majors is probably not gonna be with Marvel now.

John Boyega should be the replacement because he's awesome and not a garbage person

:hmmyes:

Disney owe Boyega for the terrible way he was treated during Star Wars. They gave Oscar Isaac a whole series all to himself, they could give Boyega a leading villain role easily.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Surprised Spider-Verse isn't in the initial stuff but rights stuff, probably.

Saving the best for last. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ray Fisher for Kang.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I saw some of the McFarlane Flash figures just now, and I guess Dark Flash is in the movie.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Splint Chesthair posted:

Based on promo shots of some of the action figures, I think he’s wearing a makeshift Flash suit made out of an old Batman costume.

He appears to be wearing the Batman Returns suit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

You can also choose Anya Taylor-Joy or Samara Weaving. And then spend 20 minutes telling them apart.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, it had a surprising amount of traditional science fiction in its dna where it actually says things about modern issues like animal experimentation/vivisection. Which, you know, being part of a comic book movie, I tend not to expect these days.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Karen Gillen might be secret MVP of the Guardian movies

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Does he wear it at all in this one? Feels almost like Gunn acknowledging the complaints about how ubiquitous the disappearing masks have become and saying gently caress it, we'll just drop it all together

Not even once. It’s such a weird choice considering the rocket boots and helmet are such iconic parts of his look but would have made the ending trivial.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

He’s probably got some things locked away on account of being Ego’s kid.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m looking forward to TMNT Mutant Mayhem a lot. The boys actually sound like teens, and there’s no Shredder!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

site posted:

Honestly I can't even imagine what a Clive Owen Tony stark looks like

Can he do an American accent?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Maybe it'll be like Punisher: War Zone where it's made so cheaply, but with a ton of fun, so it evens out into a decent film.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Soonmot posted:

Bucky knows Sam's measurements. As adamant as I am about Bucky and Steve being a close platonic friendship, I am as adamant about Bucky and Sam being boyfriends.

I was so mad at FATWS for queer baiting as badly as it did.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I just caught a bit of the 2007 Ghost Rider and it’s astonishing how cheap and crappy it looks, considering it had a $110m budget. By comparison, Iron Man came out a year later, only had a slightly higher budget ($140m) and still looks great.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hobie was the worst victim of the sound mix for me. I only caught about half his lines.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Even the AMC thing with Nicole Kidman before the movie started sounded slightly off.

Please stand for the national anthem. We come to this place…

Gaz-L posted:

Are you sure that was the mix, or was it Kaluuya going all in on the south-east London accent and slang?

I’m from London, he just mumbled a lot.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Azubah posted:

Was Miles really the one who threw the bagel?

Yes.

https://twitter.com/spiderverse/status/1292143786890530816

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

About the Love triangle. Which isn't a thing. But also it feels gross as hell to me. Isn't Hobie mid-20s and Gwen like 16-17?

Weirdly Hobie is meant to be about 17/18, but he reads mid-20s

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Was planning to rewatch Across the Spider-Verse with some friends at the weekend but the plans fell through, and now it looks like it’s been bumped from cinemas in favour of the Flash this weekend. I can only assume that they know people would literally never watch The Flash if Spider-Verse was still available.

That seems weird, ATSV is still going strong in cinemas.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

Cast Karen Gillan as Jenny.

I always wanted Claudia Black as Jenny, but that ship's probably sailed now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The latest rumour for Reed Richards now is Matt Smith.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Spiderverse ending stuff below:
At least in this character exploration back when the film was just one film, alternate Miles was absolutely a rebel fighter against the sinister six along with his uncle.

The art book for ATSV is starting to filter out and there’s concept art for Miles-42. The text describes him as a vigilante, so this is definitely the way they’re going.

The animation on that is gorgeous though, and I really hope we see it in some form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

My feeling after getting laser eye surgery and I can't shoot optic blasts

:gary: