Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

poo poo, this really sucks.

Dan Didio posted:

It's almost impossible they didn't know. You're talking about invasive surgery followed by month-long periods of chemotherapy in this instance. Not to mention the legal issues involved with having someone in that condition work on an action film. I'd imagine most of the cast and crew knew.

Along those lines, it kinda seemed like they were really dragging their feet on scheduling Black Panther 2. It didn't make sense given the cultural and commercial success of the first one, but it does if they were trying to buy time for him recover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

mikeraskol posted:

I think you may be crazy. I believe the only animated Marvel show announced is the What if? one.

There was that quartet of animated shows that they announced for Hulu. Dazzler/Tigra, Howard the Duck, MODOK, and Hit Monkey. The first two never got past the script stage. They actually released some shots from MODOK, so that might be coming out early next year. And I guess Hit Monkey is still happening?

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

"Hey Matchstick. Wanna go for snowcones." "DO I?!?"

Thanks for the laugh. In related news, I was really happy that the recent Freakazoid appearance on Teen Titans Go made time for a Cosgrove appearance.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Fangz posted:

I think Batman will stub his toe.

I think it's either that, or:
Flash: Oh man, it's so cool that we're teaming up like the Scooby Gang from Buffy The Vampire Slayer!
Batman: Kid, your taste in television loving sucks.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Wanda
Alters
Natural
Dimensional
Area
Viciously
In
Seriously
Ill-advised
Occult
Necromancy

Vision: The Brains
Also Vision: The Muscle
Wanda: Wildcard, bitches!

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

That article has to be fishing for hate clicks.

I really thought it was just a poor attempt at repeating the Ashley Feinberg Pokemon/Digimon article, but then I saw the update, and I'm not sure what to think.

( For context: https://gawker.com/9-tips-for-mastering-pokemon-go-1783333597. The comments have been wiped away, which was where the real beauty lied. For every comment pointing out that the picture was of Digimon, Ashley simply replied "No, those are Pokemon". Over and over and over...)

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

What is Sony's streaming service

I was going to say Crackle, but I did a quick search to confirm that and I found out that Sony owned Crackle, but they just sold it to Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment.

I'm not even sure what kind of joke to make here, I'm just so confused.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

No! NO! Bad Sony! Stop it! *Whacks Sony with a rolled up newspaper*

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

I watched it earlier, and I did catch the top headlines on the paper included "Black Cat: Friend or Foe?" and something more vague about an escaped rhino hoax. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Sony will once again try to cram too much into a movie.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Happitoo posted:

So what I'm saying is Far From Home Mysterio is Toby's Mysterio and he actually did come from another universe.

While we're idly speculating, wouldn't it be great if that Mysterio was played by Bruce Campbell? We know that he'll cameo in Dr. Strange 2, why not show up a little early?

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

I'm gonna try to avoid spoilers even though I know it's gonna be futile. But I've seen it mentioned that there is a trailer at the end of the credits - am I correct in assuming that if I were to watch it, it would spoil major plot points of No Way Home?

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

No, the trailer doesn't spoil NWH.

Awesome, thanks!

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

that's enough time to get two, no, three booster shots!

It's enough time that we'll have run though the greek alphabet and the cyrillic alphabet. Scientists will be debating whether to move to Hebrew or Klingon.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

theironjef posted:

If y'all wanna stop pissing at each other there's a great target right here, check out this incredibly baffling slideshow article about the Thor trailer: https://gizmodo.com/marvel-thor-4-trailer-breakdown-taika-waititi-natalie-p-1848805743/slides/14

Highlights include
"Zeus having random babes around destroys his character"
"Thor working out is fatphobic"
"Olympus doesn't look Greek enough"
"That pirate lady Thor kisses is probably a non-character woman designed only to make a male character more interesting because Marvel directors suck"
"Speaking of Marvel directors, the only thing I have to say about Waititi is that he's the "Most extra bitch on the planet" because Korg has silly pants"
"I know I said dudes working out is gross, but lemme just get real specific about how hot Jane Foster is for working out real quick."

It's really, really something.

It really is something. io9 is probably the last Gizmodo group site that I still visit regularly, and their trailer breakdowns are generally enjoyable - it's a chance to geek out over being hyped about something and looking for small details. Now, I love the Marvel movies, but I can recognize some of the common complaints about them, but a trailer breakdown doesn't seem the place to rehash them. It really was so oddly nitpicky and overwhelmingly negative that it was hard to believe.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah this is kinda brazen that speaks to the insanity of what they’re still not showing or the lack of confidence in what they have.

Yesterday, I read a write up on what was in the first 20 minutes just shown at that conference. And only now, I'm realizing that outside of the illuminati stuff, I think almost everything we've seen in the trailers so far is in those first 20 minutes. So I think there's a ton we're not seeing.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Finally got to watch Strange last night, and I loved it. I was just grinning ear to ear with the Raimi-ness of it all. I had just rewatched the first over the previous two nights, so I had a really good laugh at Chekov's relic/chalice/whatever that thing was called that Christine used to blast other other Strange on the face with.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I mean I remember back when people were going all Pepe Silvia crazy anticipating a Batman/Superman movie because of a fake poster in the background of I Am Legend. And like, yeah, I'm not dense, I'm sure there were probably behind the scenes efforts that languished in development hell for decades, but it shouldn't have taken until a year after the Avengers for WB to start to hint at a extended universe.

I had a subscription to a magazine back in the late '90s called CineScape that basically covered genre movies, and they always had a couple of pages devoted to a rundown of rumors/movies stuck in development hell. I distinctly remember them circulating Batman/Superman rumors in that space a couple of times, so WBbasically started thinking about that right after Batman & Robin flopped, if not earlier. So, yeah, putting Batman and Superman together in a movie was in development hell for at least 20 years.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I was not expecting Werewolf By Night to be a campy black and white Universal homage. Very very excited.

That's my exact feeling. I also appreciated that Marvel slipped a Giant Size Man-Thing into that trailer.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

I guess Blade starts filming next month, which makes it weirder that we have had so little info on it

Yeah, but I'm fairly certain there was never any official confirmation of Werewolf By Night until today. For a thing that's coming out in just a month. They're just playing things closet and closer to the vest as time goes on, it seems.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

I only watch movies with trailers that start with "IMAGINE A WORLD"

I love this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDzuT0fXro

Surprisingly, the teaser that was released for the Barbie movie recently was also a very good teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zIf0XvoL9Y

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

AngryBooch posted:

So SWORD has been rebranded to SABRE for PR reasons, love all the acronyms

Are they fighting a super Skrull/Kree?

Whoever it is, they seem to have Ronan's hammer staff thingy.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

To be clear: It's the music publishing rights TO music from (presumably the Burton/Schumacher) Batmans. Not the films themselves.

Maybe I don't understand exactly what "music publishing rights" entails, but I'm thinking this will have the hilarious result of WB having to pay to license that music if they want to use it in any future Batman projects. Which they'll have to pay through the nose to get that license, because, what, you're not going to use the Batman theme and you don't have any leverage in negotiations? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Deadpool makes sense, but I'm reading that news as "...next year, Cumberbatch will film scenes for a new Marvel movie" and Deadpool is filming now for a release in May next year. I think that puts things at the bottom of that list, probably Fantastic Four. If Strange is off dealing with incursions, that could easily tie into FF. Or hell, even if the release date is 2026, I could believe that they'd start filming The Kang Dynasty next year.