Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i've never played a silent hill game but ive heard 2 is the best, can i start there or should i do 1 first

1's worth it, it's a really cool game and impressive for how much they pulled off on the PS1. and it makes you appreciate how expanded 2 is in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

This isn’t games lol

Got to the underground car Park in RE2 and met queen Ada. Neat seeing this story considering I’ve played 4 a tonne but never 2. Also some dude in jail was killed through a wall 😬

That cutscene pwns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

If someone wants to make more video games for me to play, then hell, I'm not going to stop them.

I will. If it's the last thing I do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fourth Birthday...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

started playing RE1 again last night in anticipation of october,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

just started yet another playthrough of the Resident Evil remake, this time on the Nintendo Switch. such a beautiful game and it scares me shitless still lol.

the mansion return when it's filled with crimson heads and hunters still makes me anxious no matter how many times I play it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just found out today that you can hold x when you approach doors in RE1 and you'll open them as soon as humanly possible. Incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Silent Hill 1 still holds up really well. The textures are murky enough that your imagination fills in the rest, and even the cumbersome tank controls give you that lead-footed feeling you get sometimes in a nightmare. The intro before the diner is still scary

The towns in SH1 and 2 really felt huge with the fog, never knowing if where you're walking is even going to have more road or a usable door is pretty freaky

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kull the Conqueror posted:

playing REmake as Jill. I have never played a resident evil game. i love how the puzzles and rooms unfold so gracefully

Enjoy. The Spencer mansion hides untold wonder...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

poo poo's kicking off in remake 1. this games so loving good. i can't remember much of the latter parts of the mansion and im scared shitless lol

getting your head instantly shorn clean by an offscreen Hunter ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my GF started playing RE2make and watching her getting extremely scared at all the parts that freaked me out owns. this game is so incredible. Hoping there's a scary games sale soon so I can try RE3 even though it seems to be pretty bleh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I beat episode 1 of RE Revelations 2 and I don’t have any other episodes even though I thought I did lol

the same thing happened to me lol. did you get it during a sale where they basically advertised that the "whole game" was 2 bucks cuz that's what happened to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Heather is such a good character too, the environmental design doesn't match 1/2 for me but it doesn't matter as much bc of how funny and cool she is .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's extremely fun to play over and over again for time since you can beat it in <90 minutes once you know where everything is and you fly through every area shooting like 1 bullet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Gonna consider Pathologic 2 a scary games because the unspeakable terror just wandering around town hoping osmeone isn't about to start chasing me, or leaving a building and seeing someone charge at me is the most scared i've been in a while in a game lol.

Bought a bull from some guy and then slept on a couch and had a nightmare. Got a trophy for [/spoiler]not killing the guys in the train yard in the dream section though![spoiler]. But it reduced my health from 100% to like 2% lol. Gonna go try go to the kids murderer trial but i suspect i'll be the one on trial

please keep providing updates. I think I missed the trial completely, I didn't meet up with someone early enough and they just got disappeared :tinfoil: the children of the steppe are a wily bunch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

well i'm hosed this run i think

yeah you can't cheat death, but even if you die a crapload the game is still beatable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Okay cool. Definitely not telling a group of men beating a man to death for being Artemy Burakh that I'm Artemy Burakh next time

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mark Immortell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll buy and play everything with Resident Evil in the name bc I'm a moron and I love gaming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

the alien isolation team is making a loot shooter fps thing for creative assembly instead :(

Sounds hype as gently caress tbqh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im gonna play RE3make this spooky season finally. And Dead Rising but idk if dead rising is actually scary.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parasite Eve is awesome. super sick cutscenes, unique setting anda cool battle system.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Every year I say I'm going to play X horror game and then I never do so I'm not going to bother declaring a game this year.

Smart move

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

not sure if it counts really but I started playing Dead Rising. Weird rear end game, the UI is awesomely lovely for an HD console era release

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

I heard it was bad op but I dunno I was too scared to play 1 for more than like 20 min

Started Re2 tonight. Lol at the cop Leon tries to pull from under the shutter being squashed in half soaking Leon in blood and he goes "hang in there!"

every cutscene owns so much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

survival horror protagonists who think you still have a chance when the entire room is painted in your blood ftw

https://youtu.be/tcfMOV2-lhg

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jw6ySs2JnU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All of the weapons feel like crap in this game. Especially the guns. Does that ever change.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks for the tips all. I like that the level ups appear to be completely random? I gained a level and got health and died but when I reloaded to play again I got a weapon slot. strange decisions all over this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got it in a sale last October and still haven't played it. Now's the time. Hoping Village gets a deep discount too, would like to check it out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

is thre an easy way to play silent hill2, ive never done that either :negative:

Try putting it in your PS2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i didn't like it. Many sides

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

watching my homie play RE2make for the first time. This game is such an all timer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's more memorable than 5 at least

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I played Outbreak 2 with some imps and In Training streamed it but unfortunately he deleted the VOD where I go ham on a boss with a fire axe because his mic picked up his mom talking to him about a Sting concert.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Outbreak games kick rear end. I also remember when we first tried the police station episode and only one person was left alive after 3 people got eaten in a huge wave right at the exit. And a later level where Cindy split up from the first room and got eaten by shark 3 seconds into the level.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fargield posted:

Me at 20: The people who are 30 years old here are losers
Me at 30: The people who are 40 years old here are losers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I keep rhinking toy;'ew Pragmatioca out of the corner of my eye cuz pf the avactar and the tiny cop in me wnats me tobe on my best behavior.

Watch out Imps. The constable is a wee bit off his rocker tonight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mary died from that drat vaccine three years ago...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Organize your workplace, fam! *backflips onto 12in dildo*

Lmfso