Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_8WJzhsow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

In the thread where he came back to post after promising he would never come back to post until SA collectively apologized for hurting his feelings, I invited Lowtax to meet me in a truck stop halfway between our houses and suck on my rear end with a crazy straw.

He shortly thereafter PMed me actually wanting to meet up.

Richard The Dick Formerly Known As Lowtax Kyanka legitimately wanted to meet me in a Missouri I-70 truck stop to suck on my rear end hole and/or cheeks through a silly straw, probably for sexual gratification. Now that the sale is finalized I feel like I can share this without causing problems somehow. It feels good to get this off my chest and share with others in case they too went through this, so know you are not alone. We are safe now and we are strong

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I know that I've said this before, and I think it counts as forum specific content, but when people make posts like that can they please just say who/what it is that they're talking about? It is very useful to those who aren't that interested in forum politics but also want to steer clear of kiddie diddlers or whatever.

I agree with this please

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Just remembered Fat Shitrione. What a timeless joke

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

This subforum was literally founded to protect my right to type the words "Fat Shitrione" and now I have been probed for it. A crying shame.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I think the issue is that repeated, sustained probations for harmless posts that most people appreciate and find funny is a good way to discourage from making the posts that most people appreciate and find funny. That seems bad to do, on the basis that most people feel those posts should still be made, and it is bad that they seem to be actively discouraged. I do not think the issue is Cav specificially could not post for 6 hrs this specific time.

I do agree it is not life and death and get what yiu mean, but people are right to want to read funny posts in the thread because that is part of why they post online here to begin with

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mekchu posted:

I save probes for egregious stuff but like 95% of my probes given out are for comedy or bets, and I let the others in the thread either stamp out bad discussions, or if the majority of the thread are participating in something that doesn't actively break rules then let them have the fun. Eg. dunking on Brandon Schaub.

Sometimes offtopic discussions can be good and fun. It's how we got the saga of oildome.

This is good moderating and I appreciate it.

I know the thread clearly states this is for on topic posts only and I know it was a derail, and I do not get too mad over sixers, but I find it very ironic I was probated for typing "Fat Shitrione," the very pun these subforums were established to protect.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Rings 'n' Things

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I am creeping up behind Neinnunb with a large mallet that says "OPINIONS ON STANLEY KUBRICK" on the side, my mustache waxed like Snidely Whiplash

I don't have much of a dog in this since I do not post about wrasslin, but from my outside perspective, a lite subforum seems harmless at worst. Take that for what it is worth, which is probably nothing.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

honestly think most of it is projecting that people that are aware and want to talk about that bad poo poo in media they like arent having fun and enjoying their hobby. if no one was having fun i'm sure people wouldnt be posting so much about how they love aew, chocopro, or tjpw

That may be true, but it doesn't make anyone's reason for wanting a subforum any less valid. Whether the person making these posts is miserable or not does not matter, the end result is people want to post about wrestling without seeing those posts super frequently, and they want to do so without making up a rule to ban it because it is not wrong or bad to want to discuss the various flaws and crimes of wrestlers.

IDK it just seems fine to make a subforum and enough people are explicitly saying they would post in both that I don't see the argument against doing it. It probably wouldn't make a noticable impact on poster volume, and even if it does or causes some other unforseen problem it is not like it would be permanent. They could just... close it and merge the forums back and it is all back to how it was.

This just feels like a literally risk-free thing that even if you don't care about it and wouldn't ever post there, I don't get the opposition to doing it. But again I don't post a ton in the wrestling threads so maybe there is some nuance I am doing, idk. Not trying to be rude to anyone for their thoughts since my stake is minimal. I would post in the silly lite place though if it happens, why not

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Super Wrestlehut Jr.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

On one hand, :hmmyes:, on the other, let's not name this forum after a nazi maybe.

Fine. The Paul Bearer Pagoda

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Tito Ortiz's House of Horror

:jokes:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Snape pinned Dumbledore

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I have a rules change request. Can we make it against the rules to probate or ban anyone for making fun of Stanley Kubrick in PSP? This rules change request is completely unrelated to anything else being discussed in the thread, currently, I am just bringing this up right now for some other kind of reason

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I can confirm HulkaMatt had goop for brains because we played a video game together one time. (The game was Overwatch)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Genuinely confused about all of this, especially my inclusion in it. I know I can be abrasive at times about my pro wrestling takes but to be accused of bullying took me at least a little bit by surprise. I hold no posting enemies in my heart, only posting friends that haven’t been made yet.

I am unironically NeinNunb's Posting Foil and I have never once felt bullied by him. If anything it is I who is the Troll and Bully

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

This is my Posting Tone, please read all of my posts in the same context as you would this scene from 30 Rock. tia

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

see this, this is cyberbullying. very cruel of you not to share your delicious gumbo dean

the postal enforcer with a gun who can shoot you doesnt even wait for me to get out of the parking lot anymore before drawing on me when he sees me get out of my car with a greasy, dripping manila envelope, this is not a matter of lack of will

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

fez_machine posted:

RSFs literally turn into real forums all the time

This is the exception to rsf functionality and not the norm. It is not any indication of "proof a certain posting style is unsustainable and niche" or however you would like to put it

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

fez_machine posted:

certainly wasn't a very popular RSF anyway and the much lauded appreciate Chris Jericho type threads rarely ever made it over a page

the most popular thread was naming people you'd jerk off too and which was also the most popular type of post in EPA embassy thread

paul bearer btw

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

I think it says it all that the usual suspects immediately want to take it the feedback thread and brigade in there.

Shocking that people called out in a post would wish to discuss this in the thread designed for doing things like that. The plot thickens!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Let he who is without bad posts press the first report button

I am not a wrestling poster. Most of the wrestling posters I interact with are either also mma posters or they post in the general chat thread. There is not a single wrestling poster I have personally interacted with in a thread that I have a broadly negative opinion about. Lid, I don't even have a problem with you, I enjoy your mma posts! But, while I cannot and will not comment on if the "posting culture" of the wrestling thread is good or bad, I will say that based on your posting in this specific thread, whatever culture you seem to want to foster is one that would make me less likely to want to post.

Hope all my Posting Allies and Poster Non Gratas alike have a blessed afternoon, evening, night or morning, wherever you are

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Brut posted:

We have Grappling and Boxing and other threads, I don't see why we can't have a knife fight thread, as long as generally self defense focused and not an instructional on stabbing people.

*looks dejected and walks away with my bas ruten youtube link*

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

This sort of statement feels very dismissive to me, like when you don't actually want anything to change, you pick the bad parts out of good posts and use them to justify why the posts are actually bad. "Well I wish we could change all the bad things that were called out but there was a list. Nothing we can do." Feels like people are always gonna find some detail that doesn't 100% fit how they want stuff to be brought up.

"picking a bad champion" is frankly bullshit, you're making it seem like the only reason people have been agreeing with him all along is that they've been bamboozled by Lid's sheer charisma, and it couldn't possibly be that they simply agree.

Please quote specific suggestions for change that have been brought forth in this thread and you feel are being ignored. Not trying to be a dick or cherry pick or bandwagon or whatever else, this thread has moved really fast and maybe those posts are out there and I have missed them! But based on what I have read and managed to retain, I do not think they are

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ive never seen this happen

Every once in a while I Kramer into a wrestling thread to catcall Randy Orton or post "Neinnunb sleeps in the Hall of Men." It's real

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im not changing it i find it rly funny

Look at the off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. My god, it even has a watermark.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

please for the love of god open the EPA, I have a lot of new thread concepts I'd like to explore there like

"Buttfucking Stephanie McMahon backstage on the January 3rd 2000 episode of RAW"

"What if The Big Boss Man responded to a school shooting"

"Wrestlers with mental illnesses and handicaps FTW"

"Buttfucking Hornswoggle at the Royal Rumble"

I see Chuck Tingle's Wrestling Observer column is going well. Dave Meltzer redefining the industry yet again

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

how about some graphs, let's really dive into how racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

yea ok posted:

The system works. Thank you for the quick response, and for your open mind.

*putting away the grappling hook and loose sticks of tnt I didnt get to use in springing NN out of posting jail with a really disappointed look on my face*

yeah.... the system works, I guess........