Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what was that brony con that was set up by 2 grifters and they had attendies "exchange" their money for pony bucks or whatever and it was a poo poo show and the griffters pulled the fire alarm and left and thats why like the voice actresses only did big cons because they were stuck there because and didnt have cash for flights back.

that would be the Las Vegas con, aka Las Pegasus, aka Sandys Wild Ride

it got bad enough 4chan actually hunted down active warrants for the organisers from previous con-jobs. Complete poo poo show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Ariong posted:

I seem to recall that the game started without even that and it was only added after people started asking “why can’t I send my radiation-proof friend into the radiation-filled chamber to do the thing that needs doing when I already did exactly that earlier in the main questline?” like they just didn’t think of it. Is that true, or am I misremembering?

It was definitely patched in that you could send the mutant into the room. I would guess because they wanted it to have a sacrificial ending, either yourself or one of your companions needs to go inside and get killed in the process.

'But what if we send in the guy who wouldn't die doing this.'
'No, that would be cowardice.'
'Can I send in the BoS companion to die instead'
'Sure you can. Coward.'

And in the process of checking, I found a note on the wiki that all companions are immune to radiation for gameplay reasons. So good work there, Bethesda

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Nearly everything about DNF makes a lot more sense when you realize the project lead kept chucking everything they had into a garbage bin because this was his dream game and he wanted his dream game to have the absolute ultimate best graphics in the industry and I guess he was too busy with that to notice what happened with Daikatana.

IIRC what lead to DNF finally coming out was said lead dev pissing off his parent company one too many times which lead to them pulling the plug on the whole thing and standing by while Gearbox scooped up whatever was left.

A goon LP pointed out something that makes it even more fascinating- the fact that each level has SOMETHING in it that lines up with a specific year in recent history, meaning you can actually pinpoint exactly when they were working on each section based on what gimmicks or themes are present. Including somehow explicitly ripping off Half Life 1 and 2 gameplay at different points. It would be an interesting look into how games evolved during it's 10+ years of development... if it wasn't utter trash in every way.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Kay Kessler posted:

The best thing about Detroit is that during the Best Friends LP, the guys (who absolutely hated the previous David Cage games) are legitimately enjoying themselves despite its many flaws... and then they get to a scene that starts dropping hints that the little girl is secretly a robot and you can just hear their souls leaving their bodies.

The SPFP run of Beyond Two Souls is still amazing, from a combination of losing their poo poo over the wacky David Cageness, and also calling out EXACTLY what would happen hours before it does.

Like in video one it's implied digital Elliot Page is wanted for treason over a CIA operation, and they guess 'African warlord they tricked her into killing'. Fast forward something like 12 hours later and-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzA4Uh0rhA0&t=812s

Also this moment when they realise the game won't let them lose ever ('gameovers are a failure of game design') which just crystalizes the idea that Cage only makes his stuff have 'gameplay' under duress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzA4Uh0rhA0&t=1672s

*videos are timestamped

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Arivia posted:

counterpoint, dankpods is doing a time-limited #1 grit plush rock and one of his snake

I've always wanted a soft squishable lump of driveway concrete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsumPGLxKsA

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Don't forget how he almost got sent to Federal 'pound me in the rear end' Prison for not declaring bringing cash into the US, and then for his excuse being 'I actually did this other more illegal thing to get around the law'.

But I think the main thing is he's lying over creating the Roblox oof personally, and being really pathetic over getting money from Roblox over since he does legit own the licence for it. Thats all explained in the very short 29 minute video hbomb uploaded (ignore the time stamp)

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdqrFa6pWLA

Irish Streamer, Drift King, and noted Daisy superfan (:allears:) RTGame, subjected himself to Horizons a while back too, and god it's loving dire. It's so safe and marketed and tepid beyond belief.

That ending though, is amazing-

https://twitter.com/RTGameCrowd/status/1585745942724370432

The stock crashed DURING the stream.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Mr.Radar posted:

I saw a few good videos yesterday. Dankpods reviews an accessible watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqh5yxfvr4A

Dank is good, Frank is good, can recommend his other channels

Also his mate James (the chill car mechanic who helps rebuild wrecked cars) has his own channel. The first vid is making a portable SNES... and confirms that no, James isn't the 'sane man' of the duo, he's just a calmer form of chaotic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbvp3kuU2ak

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I was just too old for Wiggles when they first came put, so the only thing I remember from that period is every woman over 30 thirsting for Cap'n Feathersword.

'He can shiver my timbers anytime' is burned into my brain.

I was expecting something related to that during the video, just from how Feathersword was introduced at the parks in his script.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I wasn't aware Digibro even still made content. The last thing I remember watching was a roast of Asterisk War...7 years ago?

Hell, I'm still reeling that they have any kind of presence, after they had to drop the 'ny' from the name when the MLP community booted them for trying to defend pedophilia.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Shinji2015 posted:

I mean, conservatives were going to take credit regardless of how they performed. Anytime something they don't like underperforms in the slightest, it's because people are agreeing with them and are now boycotting woke media, and surely not because of *gestures at all sorts of plausible reasons why*

We saw this happen in real time with the Mario movie- it was getting blasted up to release, and I think underperformed on opening night. So you had a bunch of articles and cartoons about how the woke Mario movie (I think from Peach having agency and not being a prop to rescue and therefore... ?) and by extension Hollywood have been destroyed by being woke.

Then it started making bank and got decent/good reviews, so barely a week later the same people shifted to 'the chad Mario wrecks woke Hollywood'. There is no subtlety or self awareness for anyone banging on about the woke agenda.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

DeafNote posted:

Me the European
"The gently caress is an Usanian."

They hosed up the spelling of either Erusean, Osean or Ustian.

Depends on which Ace Combat they're talking about.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Skippy McPants posted:

Wait, wait, wait. Hold up. Some folks don't know what a wolverine is?

They don't exist in Straya. I always assumed it was a smaller wolf.

Are they similar to a thylacine?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Macaluso posted:

Finally the Tremors/Twister crossover everyone has always wanted

I would pay to see Sharknado-but-Graboids

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Pigbuster posted:

This is incredible. This guy shares the special search terms that will bring you into the mysterious, uncomfortably intimate world of 0 view youtube channels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kmMJ6F9WM

I remember Jon Bois mentioning the 'img ###' search, pretty sure it was an ending bumper to a Chart Party but I have no idea which one. Basically-
"Thanks for watching. Want to see more cool videos? Me too, man... oh wait, actually theres a cool thing you can try, just put 'img' and a number, and you'll get random videos with no views. I think most are auto upload processes. I found one of a nature camera, which was recording a deer and a rabbit sharing a lettuce, which nobody else had every seen."

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Arc Hammer posted:

The subgenre of "Experts React" reaction videos is pretty fun because you get to hear some cool bits rather than just the "Dude, Pride Rock!" guy yelling at a screen.

Personal favourite is Jonathan Ferguson comparing video game firearms to his collection at the Royal Armouries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR9xeMU2uQ4

Insider also has a pretty fun "Historians React" series for films, but they can be a bit more hit and miss depending on the person reacting. Sometimes they're a curmudgeon, other times they're super enthusiastic and willing to let things slide for the sake of entertainment.

There's also this guy, an armour and arms historian who was asked to critique Warhammer media, and he rolls with it pretty well-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsCXcW9pDLk

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And makes it all the more fun when they deliberately torment him with cursed weapons from time to time :allears:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cjGCR6iRWU

The pump action MP5 from Shadow the Hedgehog was added to the game the day before this video dropped. They game dev made sure Jonathan got to see that one

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

This is the one I make sure to show mates, since they never can guess the end result. Because it's the stupidest thing possible. Especially the 'what if it was a gun, but without the barrel or the chamber or the 'gun' part of the gun?'

Also bonus 'ideal for domestic terrorism' application at the end. Like the hidden Katyusha ute they've proposed in other videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIJaG7X6918

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I hadn't seen the dentist one- the loving confusion in the narrators voice when he describes the box the drill is in.

Also Blyat Hawk Down got retsup'd as well-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UII0NFypAI

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

IH just dropped the next part of his 'Fancy' series.

Take a guess how the comment section is going (at least it's not locked :confuoot:)

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Skippy McPants posted:

It's a five-hour and twenty-two minute Deus Ex retrospective.

Which is bullshit, since he promised the next video would be about DX : HR : Directors Cut

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 3, 2023

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I didn't peg anything weird with Man in Cave, it felt like a higher effort Rejected Sundance Film (the Swedish Job, the Gentleman Pirate, etc) which are along the same lines.

They're also the ones I'd be most suspect of also being plagarised, in hindsight...

EDIT- Also only just remembering his 'dramatic reading of fanfic' videos are ALSO marked as 'Sundance Rejects', which are just straight up 'read other persons written work'.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Ariong posted:

What did he say about ads? I don’t remember that part. (It’s a long rear end video and I was up til like 3AM watching it so there’s probably lots of parts I don’t remember.)

Blair having YT ads, then a plushie ad, then half a video, then 2 sponsorship ads midway?

I assume that's the bit, its the one specifically 'holy poo poo advertising' section that stood out

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Sininu posted:

What's the best, funniest Hunt Down The Freeman video? Been watching hilarious essays about bad games with a friend :3

tehsnakerer is the most complete I've seen-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2DZaQgGcI

Or if you want insight from one of the voice actors-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMw5XohHkPs

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

MonsieurChoc posted:

I think Sluggy Freelance is still running.

Its been 'ending' for the last... 8 years now? gently caress knows when it finally will

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Angryhead posted:

Props for the Frank Klepacki music, also I really enjoyed the the Mass Effect dialogue wheel and the (quite subtle!) uuh cat gags.

Same but for the loving Warzone2100 music... I was not expecting that, and was very pleased.

Good watch, and started going through your other vids and enjoying them.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I was just showing the Tommy t house to a friend and it's uncanny how much it feels like a point and click adventure game house you would play on a cd rom on windows 95. Like you can click on the car and it will do vroom and you get a low res video of it driving away, beep beep. And you click on lara croft and she will do a little animation and digitizes voice clip about trapping you in the freezer, the dolphin at the koi pond will vomit water when you click, and each time you enter the Egyptian dining room you get the twang sound effect. Absolutely uncanny I love it

The weirdest thing a mate pointed out with Tommy's house- so the 7ft waterfall that makes you want to pee at night... we assumed was somewhere in the house that was audible from the bedroom

No, that poo poo is IN his bedroom.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Runa posted:

that's the key, just have fun

Don't forget the desk. Gotta have the authentic watching experience

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Note that he's been 'ending' the comic, trying to conclude the various storylines then end it all off.

He announced this was happening over a decade ago. He's closed off a few of the major plotlines, but there's a lot still to finish up.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Endorph posted:

what stand up comedians does hitler support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in7yLZJ7A6Y

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Arc Hammer posted:

Shame about how they're handled in Borderlands 3.

At least we got a Tales From the Borderlands 2 out of it With the exciting conclusion of Reeses favourite frozen yogurt shop

:suicide:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I didn't even know it existed until Borderlands 2 addict and Bionicle connoisseur oboeshoes did a play through. I hated it. He hated it. Everyone hated it. I think there's like one funny joke, when characters take themselves hostage.

Also Torgue shows up and says nothing. Garbage pointless game. Not even going to link it, his 'grinding a gun for 5 hours' videos are more entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Oxxidation posted:

bluey helps guide kids who have gone astray, Liana