Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

The 7th Guest posted:

just watch Kaiji everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the composer isn't still in prison is he? over weed?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

it's a shame because on paper a lot of vtubers and I guess content creators in general could really use a company to do all the non-creative poo poo that they're forced to do.

there are indie management companies that sort of meet in the middle. you get guys who got fat stacks and instead of investing in stock its anime women. sometimes it works and you get everyone working together mutually or you get the one company who hired a 15 year old causing everyone to leave because of the 15 year old, and then she left too (the 15 year old)

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Endorph posted:

also not to make this thread about vtuber drama (please god no)
sorry

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

what's the census on hotdiggigtydemon? He's an amazing animator but he's one of those types their style of humor just immediately attracts shitheads

he should make WGJ4K2

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Bakeneko posted:

I like watching reactions to YTPs and other comedy videos. Laughing along with someone else makes it funnier, assuming the person is actually engaging with it and isn’t just awkwardly nodding along in silence like some of them do.

when you laugh but they don't, do you feel stupid?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

parasocial is what you pack when going skydiving

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

jack is a funny dumb terrible human being and his chili tastes terrible

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

at least my chili's good.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

TheMightyBoops posted:

Didn’t he bring some sort of tainted chilli to a church chilli cook off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrcW5rqFUn0

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

you know what cartoons are for adults cuz they say poo poo! like in Rick and Morty

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

fun hater posted:

ALSO lmfao poo poo sorry i keep remembering new things: a team has taken up projectwonderful mantle and started a new ad network called uh, comicadnetwork lol. if you dont remember project wonderful, you can dm me and i can fill you in on how it operated and the ad bid process and the boring poo poo. it was a great community resource. i would highly encourage you to use them and never ever hold out for any kind of advertising deal from anyone or use google. google comes with so much bullshit its unreal and will turn you into the most neurotic person on earth. direct advertising always and forever gets more results than throwing your ads into a nonsense algorithm.

i was wondering the other day if project wonderful was still going on, i remembered banners for them on the sides of Problem Sleuth

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Endorph posted:

then an outro where he proudly touts his own morals by linking a bunch of other random Queer Youtubers who are the Good Ones and have definitely never done or said anything wrong, ever. the whole vibe's just weird.
yea i kinda understood the sentiment but definitely a funny way to set your video to age poorly someday. performative good intentions

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

The 7th Guest posted:

juvenile is not the right word
it kinda sounds like it is

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i like palw, i like survival that lets you automate out the survival

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

peaked with snorunt imo

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

JCDentonYeahRip.wav

AJensonWhatashame.mp3

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

rwby is mindblowingly poo poo but im sure this take is chilled

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

The 7th Guest posted:

i need to watch gridman and dynazenon but it's like. two series on an already absurdly tall pile of series i have yet to watch
dynazenon is really good but i can't say the same for grid. animation's crazy but the writing doesnt knock any homeruns, not like dynazenon. it's just ok

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

MechaX posted:

Gridman > Dynazenon
No. :colbert:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Crain posted:

Thankfully we now have Disco Elysium and the question of "Is Games Art?" has been answered with "Yes, They is".

but Deus Ex came out in 2000

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

ive been playing dragon quest 7 on ps1 and seeing his enemy designs has been an enormous treat. i got my hands on a dope art book of his. rip to a real one :cheers:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it felt even more egregious it was yahtzee of all people though. you don't expect the guy who's a hardass towards even the likes of Dishonored to suddenly just dump praise on such a strange and lovely shooter. i remember he appreciated columbia reminding you about being in the sky a lot via skyhooks and man i guess.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

video games are a valid art form its just gamers are so insecure about roger ebert owning them they latch onto games that tell really lovely stories that try their hardest to be serious movies (last of us 2) or do a surface level analysis of serious subjects (bioshock infinite) and ignore other games actually experimenting with the medium as an art form

yea. it's all an assembly of various art forms made into a super one from code to design to visuals, "art" hit cabinets in 1978 with Space Invaders and probably before that i unno

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the only true evil of localizations is whoever wrote Moe the clown in english

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i dont know if jauwn ever gets posted here but i love the guy, his series on terrible crypto scam games is very entertaining and i especially like ones like these two where he covers a couple of obscure german titles, both from the same company. all that and no forced terrible humor--good package

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xex91qNVzDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS_5BvEVn4k

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Groovelord Neato posted:

Finding out he's only 25 blew my mind.

Was introduced to him when I got recommended his really good video about Dr. Disrespect's game that will probably never come out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QUXfgS-isA

His theme song is also great.

the driving segment they added to the disrespect game is insanely funny because wtf. just throw whatever at the wall i guess

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

hey guys check out this better chart i made:

me -eats-> burgrer

just did this

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

might do again later

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

what?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Annointed posted:

I just like Twitter for Fanart and Hentai and some leftist news.

lol cool what hashtags? You want to kink4kink?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Fil5000 posted:

what videogames are people playing that are about why being a white man is bad? Like, right now I'm playing Dyson Sphere Program, Oxenfree II and Helldivers and while the latter is full of sledgehammer subtle satire about imperialism, it's not ABOUT that. Like, it's difficult to accidentally play a game with the themes that he's talking about, so just don't play them.

spec ops the line

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Endorph posted:

everyone, on so many sides, desperately wants there to be a gamergate 2. like people are chompign at the bit for it. not just Chuds or whatever i mean a lot of people in the leftist sphere talking about how bad it is while transparently begging for it. its really pathetic

please oh please oh pleeeaaaase dont give us ammo for the great content mill

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i don't know why that game doesn't just end after the motel section lol, like i was having a cool time and then utter dogshit

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

wait what game am i describing

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

big dumpa poo poo 6

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i like this thread

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i dont trust the opinions of anyone who prefers the gameplay of Super Paper Mario over TTYD

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it doesnt have to be this way... that is what the Online Creators V are for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

GamerGate 2 Manifesto:

We, gamers, united by our love for deep voices in anime and sometimes live action,