Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I've tried looking at local volunteer stuff in Gwinnett, but all I could find was handing out snacks last Tuesday and nothing about the run offs. Should I volunteer for Warnock or Ossoff directly instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao we're getting Ossoff ads in Asheville of all places.

Got ads recently that started with "Warnock hates puppies!" that turned into "just kidding, but this is what the other candidate is going to say about me because she loves dismantling Healthcare but doesn't wanna talk about it, and also I love dogs". Truly outstanding advertising. The next couple months are gonna be hell.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I got the Absentee ballot request form a couple days ago, I don't know how quickly you get the actual ballot. Nervous to vote, though. Just want this over with already.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

(besides Kemp, who will be flayed alive over a pit of skulls).

Now this is the kinda bipartisanship I can get behind.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Filled out the sheet, will deliver it tomorrow / today depending on how pedantic you want to be about personal perception of a day vs AM PM. Honestly those billboards are really funny, and stabbing a big weakness in the GOP that's just formed. I think it's a great idea.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

FWIW, I'm Georgian and when I see peach emoji stuff my first thought is "oh that's cute, that's the thing we name everything after" and not "lol butts".

Thank God there's no eggplant state.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Loeffler "I was born and raised on a farm, worked as a waitress in college, used a punch clock when I was eleven, first of my family to graduate college; but it does nothing to repeat that as if it means something" and then she said the same thing three times before the end of the debate. Like she almost repeated that as much as she referred to Warnock as "Radical Liberal" like it's a title.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The goal is to produce clips that can be replayed in partisan media, and to provide no material for negative coverage. Especially effective if your target audience doesn't watch the debate itself.

This actually makes a lot of sense and also makes me upset.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I just wanna say it's bullshit we market ourselves on peaches and not the clearly superior Vidalia onions.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

yeah but you're not just gonna grab a raw onion and eat it by itself.

I actually did do this once as a kid because my parents couldn't afford any food for a bit. My breath sucked for awhile.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I'm a radical leftist onion fan and I support Medicare for all.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Eric Cantonese posted:

Excuse me while I go bang my head against a wall again.

To be fair, didn't both Perdue and Loeffler end up ahead in the runoffs?

Perdue did, Loeffler didn't. Loeffler was also running along side 300 poo poo zillion people, so it's pretty inconclusive.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Coredump posted:

Given Georgia's history of the home team choking before victory I'm trying to decide which side is gonna do it this time. You would think Republicans would be considered the home team but lol Dems.

Right after Trump's inauguration was 28-3. I remember a lot of people outside the state seeing the Patriots as a surrogate for MAGA poo poo and the Falcons as a resistance against it. Then the Falcons blew a massive lead and the officials decided who won the game with a coin flip. So the runoff will be decided by a coin flip, and if history has taught us anything, at the inauguration they will in fact give Tom Brady his billionth loving ring as the first act of the new Congress.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Alctel posted:

That +4.2 percentage is in the wrong place, right?

Yeah. https://twitter.com/atlas_intel/status/1345811365877972993

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Proud of my state. We actually didn't let the nation down this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

nachos posted:

I moved from New York to Georgia less than a year ago and never in my wildest dreams did I think our votes would matter this much. Feels good :unsmith:

Welcome to the state!