Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I just started playing last month so I want any and all reruns but I'd really like Childe because he's definitely one of my favorite characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Radical posted:

did they make a second whale model for her trailer or is that the same one they used for the childe boss fight with a different texture i wonder

childe has a "narwhal" that's more like a blue whale with a horn, while this was a humpback, you can tell by the fins and the head on the humpback that it's a different model (also childe's narwhal model is very undetailed while the humpback in the trailer has a lot of detail in the model itself, not even speaking to the texture)

childe

kokomi

Note Block fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 20, 2021

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I hope and pray for Childe since I only just started playing at the end of August and he's my favorite character.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thoma with Hu Tao would be funny. TWO pyro spear users? Ooo la la

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Kaeya main spotted (I just started playing in August)

Here's my link! https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...een#/GB73IICRUN

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have really bad simulator sickness, not just in FPS games, but in 3rd person games under certain conditions (Splatoon, Animal Crossing, Genshin) and I will say I am very, very happy that MiHoYo's surveys include questions about medical concerns (such as simulator sickness) while playing their game. I don't think any other game has ever done this. I used to work for Blizzard and I got the chance to talk to the guy who designed the WoW Goblin starting zone because it made me wildly sick and his response was basically, "yeah I've heard about this happening, huh" and then nothing else was ever done about it.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

How much more damage does Raiden do than Lisa? Now I'm curious.

I did in fact get nauseous and throw up while exploring Inazuma, although to be fair I was also on pain medication after surgery. I feel like the issue in this game comes from using those lightning orbs to zip around through the sky, causing the camera to jerk rapidly.

For me, it's less about the quick movement of the camera (I also get simulator sickness playing Animal Crossing for example) and more the contrast of the ground to the surrounding environment as I move. So Starsnatch cliff always triggers me, as does certain sloping mountain ranges in Liyue like Mt. Tianheng.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I want that second Childe rerun and I mean it sincerely.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

hey guys

why the gently caress does guoba walk like that

Speaking of walking, I tried hoofing it to Inazuma for funsies as Kokomi and the lightning storm booted me back to Liyue :(

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Let Kokomi waterwalk permanently, please and thank you.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
HELL YEAH CHILDE HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
The problem with bennet, XQ, and XL, is that two of the three of them are usually required to make a team work and abyss requires two teams unless you're some kind of god. So one team is usually the weird underpowered team because I don't have most of the 5* characters used in the non-meta team comps.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm way less interested in the most powerful characters and team comps and would like to know more about various comps that don't rely on 2/3 or 3/3 national or kazuha and zhongli forever. I have all 4* and Yoimiya, Raiden, Kokomi as my 5* event characters plus various c0-c2 standard banner 5* characters. If every team relies on national members, I'm always going to be frustrated and confused when trying to build out additional teams without them. I've heard Fischl and Beidou are good together so who else can I jam in there that's not a national member or an older event 5* (and not raiden since she's actually on my national team lol)

edit: VVVVV yeah this, I want this! VVVVV

Note Block fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 4, 2021

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I landed on a c2 Raiden *for free* and decided to go full hog and spend my way to c6, which ended up being less than 300 dollars because I guess the god of gacha themselves was watching over me as a brand new player. I won her 50/50 5 of out 6 times (the only 50/50 loss was to Mona, yay) and she just obliterates. In the abyss, in the overworld, everywhere she goes, she deletes things and can battery whatever the gently caress ramshackle of a team you've thrown together. I literally roll with jean, diluc, and kaeya because ain't no party like a mondstadt party and nothing lives very long through an entire muso no hitotachi at full strength, not even azhdaha. I'm WL7 and everything outside of the final abyss stages are a joke to her. I guess her only weaknesses are shields anything that is electro immune.

edit: When I first got Raiden all the way up, as my second banner character ever (I joined like 3 days before Yoimiya ended), there was so much drama about her being weak and having no synergy, to the point where even my fiance who does not play was like "uh I'm hearing this character isn't that good?" and giving me big doe "I'm sorry for your loss" eyes but I have never experienced her as anything less than a monster who clowns on every bit of content this game has to offer. I'm really super happy with her and so far I've noticed that she fits in practically everywhere!

Note Block fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 4, 2021

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pope Urbane II posted:

Quit now. Your gacha brain worms are already in control.

I work on gachas and get a stipend for research, thanks though.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

even at c0 raiden is one of the better characters in the game people were just mad because she didnt have one extremely specific synergy

Yeah that's my take away from it after doing a lot of reading about the situation. I guess she synergized with Beidou's ult during the beta phase and then that got turned off or tweaked and people just latched onto this notion that this synergy should have remained or else she was *worthless* when that just does not seem to be the case at all. I have friends with c0 raiden who tear just as much rear end as mine, if not more because they run way more optimized comps and have played for a lot longer than I have and they have actually good artifacts whereas I'm sitting here suffering righ tnow with a DEF mainstat goblet just to make 4 piece emblem work on her.

I heard that reddit and the mihoyo forums were especially down on Kazuha and he turned out to be a sleeper hit. He's very cute so I'm looking forward to his eventual rerun, unless he ends up with the Albedo curse and gets nothing while Mr Worldwide continues to show up.

Endorph posted:

also being able to write gacha whaling off as a work expense seems like the best grift in the world tbh

I also got compensated for a 5000 dollar gundam PC which was nice.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

That sounds very cool. Was it a custom order or are there more of them? I ask because I'd like to see a picture of it if you're comfortable sharing.

This is it! https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali540/p/N82E16883360160

And here's my corgis for scale

RareAcumen posted:

I would put Fischl or Venti in just so you'd have an archer to shut down Ruin Guards if you happen to fight any.

Actually yeah, Venti and some other non-geo character so his ult gets you more energy would be good.

I love Fischl for practically everything and wish there was a 5th slot so I could just perma slot her into every team forever.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Radical posted:

i totally forgot about raiden, i wonder if his c6 would apply to her burst or if the same reason it doesn't work with beidou would apply there. i think probably not because it can get buffed as a burst attack and doesn't use her normal attack stats for the calculation at all (so there isn't a chance they do the calculation as a normal attack and apply it as a burst.)

in practical terms bennett doesn't actually have a weakness currently so there isn't any way thoma could power creep him. at best thoma would probably be your second, worse bennett.

e. oh, i forgot about xiao. he would probably be really good there.

Nothing overwrites her burst. C6 Bennett can't either. You can have things accompany her into her burst though, like XQ's swords.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Radical posted:

his c6 isn't an infusion, its a 15% buff on normal attacks. her burst likely doesn't count as one in order to get buffed by the catch and similar weapons so it probably just won't work with raiden.

Musou Shinsetsu is doing the infusing onto her normal attacks here, is what I mean, but yeah.

quote:

While Musou Isshin is active, the Raiden Shogun's Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attack DMG will be considered Elemental Burst DMG.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 5, 2021

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

Time to load up on those potions that keep you warm in Dragonspine.

Goulash, my comrade.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I had about 50 fragile resins and I blew through 30 of them getting my main teams assembled and leveled, but it didn't feel like a waste at all. Conversely, it completely feels like a waste when I use them on artifact domains so now I keep them specifically to use on ascension/level grinds.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

I wanna roll that Raiden national team that's popular, mine is gonna be
Xingqiu: 4-piece Severed Fate
Xiangling: 4-piece Severed Fate
Bennett: 2-piece Severed Fate, 2-piece Millelith
Raiden: 4-piece Severed Fate

Completing this will have cost me far less resin than I've spent on maiden/VV artifacts while failing to ever find an EM VV artifact. I ran that domain so long I have random VV filler artifacts because I farmed so goddamn many:

Oops! All Severed Fates

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have a Raiden national team and I'm probably going to do Childe fireworks/delusion for my second abyss team but since Bennett can't be in two places at once, I need a different 4th. Since I started in August, my options are pretty limited, but I have every 4* and non-event 5* so could something like Jean work here in the 4th slot?

For refence, my second abyss team right now is Beidou/Fiscl/Kokomi/Sucrose.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Happy with the 4* selection for Childe because I don't have any of them at a high con. Extremely bummed about the MoD, I was actually gonna do the weapon banner, but now? Naw.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I don't have any of those other cool bows and I don't have Ganyu or Venti, but I will have Childe and I really wanted my boy to have his bow. I'm frowning.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Gyoru posted:

this month's twitch prime codes are up
October: 60 primos, mora, exp, and some food

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/genshinimpact

Heck yeah, thank you!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Acerbatus posted:

Haven't finished Inazuma yet so it might come up but does it ever completely explain if the Shogun has uh... her? own mind? I can't tell if it's like, a sci-fi AI vs running a script.

Why is every chest and electrocculus a homeric ordeal? :negative:

I finally found the 180th electrocculus today (still need that final extra and I have no clue where the gently caress it is) and I'm so tired and ready to pass out into my bed made from an in-ground olive tree.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'll bite. pics

This is the best pic I can find of it, in the background

I love Homer and the Odyssey, I'm sorry

Note Block fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 20, 2021

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Genshin Impact: The Childe reruns will continue until morale improves

Genshin Impact: Why you think they call him Mr. Worldwide?

Genshin Impact: Don't talk to me or my Childe or my Childe's Childe ever again
(based off the launcher, you cannot escape him)

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
CHONGYUN STOP loving AROUND AND DO SOMETHING (new island spoilers)

QuantaStarFire posted:

Genshin Impact: Breath of the Childe

gently caress that's good

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I like big numbers in-game but not in my bank account.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Purple ones are a puzzle! White ones are just there.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Traveller posted:

You can also get that cheevo with Razor's Q. Now, the one you get for killing the cube without destroying any pillar beforehand, that's just nuts. Or you just Ganyu, I guess.

I just got None Stand Secure with Childe the other day. I was pretty much just loving around because I realized I hadn't brought any pillar killers into the fight so I decided to play the long game. A House Ill Founded was one of my early achievements because I didn't know how the fight worked so I just kept killing the pillars that the Geo Hypostasis was on top of, thinking that I needed to kill all of them. It was a very, very long fight. I believe I got Juggernaut in co-op on a lesser world level by just obliterating the pillars with Diluc.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

First pull on the banner was a C0 Mona, finally! Got Thoma C1, Hu Tao C1, Sayu C1 and like Diona C11 or something. All in all a nice haul.

How? Childe banner doesn't end for 5 hours.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

The banners end/start at different times for the different regions

Ooooo I'm frownin'

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Just set Diluc on actual fire and let him ravage the land.

But yeah batman needs a buff strictly to his numbers. Fire Riven is well designed and fun to play.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have a C3 Hu Tao (I got her at 30 pulls in and then back to back 2 pull sets in a row, hell yes) but I really do not want to remove XQ from my other team. I wish they had something for comps without him.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I also don't have the other big contenders to carry a second team, like zhongli or kazuha or ganyu, so my choices that don't strictly rely on the national members has really kept me from reaching 3* in 12-2 and 12-3. I love my second team of childe/fischl/beidou/healflex(currently jean) but they don't do enough damage sometimes although my artifacts admittedly suck right now.

Monopyro seems interesting because I can take Amber out of storage and maybe make use of Thoma but again my artifact situation is not so hot right now, pun intended.

The guide seems to indicate she does well with cryo characters, so that's piqued my interest a bit.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
The defacto time if you are not C6 is around 9 seconds. You start with your ranged ult, go into E and riptide things like a saltwater blender, melee ult and then dip out. With appropriate management and stats, that can land you right at your E cd on the next rotation in, depending on team comp. C6 will also reset your E on your next switch "back to ranged" (whether that's hanging out for the full duration or switching out and back in) if you melee ult. Does not reset on ranged ult :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
ayaka cute

I'm sad I don't have her yet