Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Might finally try to play this and do some rerolling (yeah I know, mostly pointless) in the background while I do other stuff tomorrow.

What characters should I be absolutely thrilled to get? Looking for a good balance of fun and OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ultima66 posted:

You can't actually get the majority of 5*s at any given time, including any of the particularly meta ones. None of the default banner 5*s are all that meta and neither is the currently featured rate up 5*.

That said if you are going to reroll for meta reasons you should probably reroll until you get like 3-4 characters out of your 20 rolls on the newbie banner, maybe any 5*. Of the 5*s, Jean and Mona see real endgame use, Diluc is fine and overlaps with a lot of other fire DPS units that are considered better, and Keqing and Qiqi are considered pretty bad in endgame. If you're rerolling for general character pool note that Bennett and Xingqiu are considered the two best 4*s, with Bennett likely being the single best unit in the entire game (definitely top 3), and that Noelle is guaranteed from the beginner banner and Xiangling is free. Meaning you want to roll 2-3 4*s that are not Noelle or Xiangling, and Bennett/Xingqiu are particularly good if you get them.

So the meta for pulling (for f2p or low spender) is basically to horde until the unit you want gets a rate up banner, and then pull a bunch of 10x? I did a trial run and got Qiqi, but it sounds like getting a few solid 4s might be better than holding out for any of the 5s that are active currently.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

No Wave posted:

If I were starting today I would buy a mona + random 5 star account on ebay for 8 dollars. In general any 5 star feels good on a new account though because they feel expensive to look at in your character select screen.

Is that generally a safe thing to do? I look at ebay and I see accounts that have all kinds of characters and tons of currency for as low as 3 or 4 bucks.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Speaking of such, did something like 30 rerolls (usually 1x10 pull on the beginner banner + 6 single summons on the standard takes about 22 min to do from start) and I can understand why people don't like rerolling this game.

The odds seem so much lower than they actually are, and the forced Noelle makes things even more frustrating. I've gotten Qiqi twice but no other 5*s, and Xingqiu+Razor+Noelle once when I actually tested how long it takes to grind out the 2nd 10x pull (prob too long unless there is a more efficient way). I barely ever get more than just Noelle. I'm guessing the game uses some kind of pseudo randomness to prevent you from getting insane pulls with multiple characters very often?

I might wait to reroll for some time when there is a better free character (like Alloy) or a way to do 2 10x easier. I know it's not the hugest deal to force good units, but it's an OCD thing I have to not want to start unless I have 2-3 "outstanding" units that I can build for the long run.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

gandlethorpe posted:

Sounds like a great way to burn yourself out before even having any fun

Though if you're really dead set on having a "good" start, the patch next week will bring a much better banner than this one, and we don't even know 2 out of the 4 characters yet. Just probably not Xinyan.

It's kinda mindless tbh, I don't even realize i'm playing a game because i'm working on stuff and watching stuff/chatting with people on discord at the same time. I'll probably either take the Xingqui+Razor or stop for a while after tonight.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

kater posted:

Definitely exhaust the starter banner if you are rerolling imo. Where was your stopping point for restarting?

The way it goes right now, right when I unlock the ability to make wish, I can get 1 10x summon and have 3 single pulls on the banner left over. You can also have enough Primogems using a redem code and picking up some chests that don't stray from the path to buy 1 more. Then you get 1 from being adventure rank 5, which puts you at 5/8 for the 2nd pull. You can also buy another one with the stardust you get from the first 10x which puts you at 6/8. At that point, I don't know enough about the game to determine how you would get the final 2 you need for the 2nd 10 pull aside from just play, which takes too long. So I usually just do the 10 pull and pull some singles. Really looking for a combination of any of Bennet/Xinq/Mona with at least one other halfway meta unit.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 25, 2021

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
About how many primogems would it be possible to farm in a day from respawning chests solely? Is there anyone who has ever tried to set a record for this?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
There is conflicting information about this. I think it's time for the internet to die, it's been a good run.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
With the way pity works in this game, is it basically better to always do single pulls, or is there not really a difference?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
How do the constellations work for Aloy? Is it quest/farming related, or do you have to pull dupes on some banner?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
So, I linked my (already established) account to psn so I could get Aloy, and it shows in the pc client that I am connected to a psn account. However, running the game on ps5 gives me the character creation cut scene. Is this supposed to happen?

edit: this probably happened because of Japanese ps5/PSN account and North American PC account -_- might be screwed out of cross play permanently. Good job, garbage game architecture

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 1, 2021

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think you can R5 The Catch in a few hours if you just hop to other worlds. There are like 3 spots in Inazuma you can do if all you want is to obtain and r5 the weapon and you can ignore everything else.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
c1 on Xiang, Noelle, Beidou, c2 on Kujou Sara.

Who/what should I build to have 2 teams for abyss at this point? And what single 5* character that has already been released should I save for a rerun of that fits in the best at c0 with this? I obv need Bennet and some constellations on 4*s that I will probably pull on when they are on banner. Not sure if I should try to get c4 with Xiangling when I already have Diluc.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Smoove J posted:

Playing this for the first time. After beating that first big dragon at the beginning, I did a 10 pull on the Wanderlust Invocation banner and got Keqing! Nice! She seems good.

Question: should I use those anemoculus to upgrade statues of the seven? I don’t want to waste limited currency and screw over anything later on. Any other beginner tips or good resources to know of?

Only use fates that you get as rewards to pull on the Wanderlust banner is the general rule. Don't actually spend money or primogems to do so. Also, do both the 2x10 pulls the game allows you to do on the beginner banner, also with fates you get as a reward, not currency. It's ok to use the anemoculuses asap as you get them, the only thing they are used for is leveling the statue.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Which crafted weapons are worth building? I need spears for both Raiden and Xiangling but only have one of the catch, so the alternative at this time based on what I have is either a Favonius lance (which I have 2 copies of to refine once) or Dragonspine Spear/Prototype Starglitter/Crescent Spear.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Kokomi would be a suitable replacement for Barbara, yeah? Still struggling to put together teams

Did get Xiangling to c4, which is good, but Sucrose and Xingqiu are both c0. Still no Bennet at all.

If I put all my eggs in one basket, this team slaps pretty hard and would prob slap even harder with Kokomi if she is a better Barbara.

I'm at the point where my world level is prob too high for me to fight most bosses (AR 41) simply because I need to level weapons and talents and I am gated by the resources unless I use the fragile resin I am saving to farm artifacts at AR 45

edit: I also have garbage weapons. No stringless or sac bow for venti, no sac sword for Xingqui, only 3 star generic books on barb/suc. Diluc has a Refined 3 Prototype Archaic, Raiden is rocking The Catch, and Xiangling Fav Lance Ref 2

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 9, 2021

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Did any of the leaks reveal which 4*s will be on the Kokomi banner? Xingqiu seems likely based on the last time he was rerun.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I wish you could hold more than 5 condensed. Had to go on vacation this last weekend and it would have been nice to just pump all my resin from a couple days time into condensed. Even if it were just increased to 10, that would be helpful.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is there an overall usefulness consensus for the BP weapons? I already have an R4 Prototype Archaic for claymore users, R4 Catch, and R4 or 5 Favonious Lance. I don't really have any good books or bows, but i'll prob try to get Stringless on the next weapon banner.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Kokomi prob could use a buff. I pulled and got her because I don't have Benett and have to use Barbara as a main healer anyways, and she is a straight upgrade.

Lotsa manchildren on reddit and streamers were spending the whole day yelling that she is "the worst character in the game" before the banner even dropped, is that the standard with this game?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just hit AR 45, Is there a resource somewhere that dictates the best type of artifacts/best stats to farm for each character?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Still don't have a definitive 2nd team yet. Maybe Diluc/XL/XQ/Raiden as one team, and Beidou/?/Kokomi/Venti as a 2nd?

Regarding which char to bring to 60 or 70 next, should I build Rosaria over Chongyun, or should I try to build Ning?

edit: The constellations that matter are c4 on XL and Beidou. Nothing really significant on others

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 27, 2021

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...een#/GB3CI98HUN

Gifts for everyone (some people)

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
So we have neckbeards on the internet mad, and content creators "fake quitting" to try and bully the exploitative game developer that makes games specifically designed to psychologically manipulate and steal money from people into giving them more "free" stuff that isn't worth anything anyways. Sometimes this is almost more entertaining than playing the game itself.

When are people going to learn that gacha games of ANY type are a cancer on gaming? :goes and plays more gacha games:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ultima66 posted:

It's the same thing to me as the perpetual sale economy where clothing stores have everything on 75% off MEGA SALE at all times or tipping in America where it's all bullshit designed to make people feel like they're getting something "extra." You get to this awful point where any store that isn't listing their $20 jacket for $100 with an 80% discount is doing it wrong and tipping isn't at all about how good the actual service was because you just have to give 18-20% tips because that's how things are with restaurant pay structures. It makes those things completely meaningless to me and I hate it.

Yes, but these are two different things. This is a gacha game that thrives on probably 1% of the total players generating 99% of the income for the company making the game. The rest of those players depend on "free" handouts to play the game, so having a roadmap is a pretty big QoL feature. They aren't really even selling anything to begin with, they are exploiting people with gambling problems/too much disposable income/etc etc.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think the reason there are so many people making a stink is simply because this game attracted a lot of players who are not used to the business model of gacha games. They aren't really doing anything different that every gacha ever, but anyone who is playing a whale-centric game for the first time is ALWAYS going to be pissed because they don't understand it.

Time gating with a resource? Check. Content is slow to arrive? Check. General "lazy" feel by devs to address issues with the game or interact directly with players in any way? Check. Content that forces people to pull on current banners in order to feel relevant? It's always the same story. These are games designed to basically print money with as little effort as possible. Granted, Genshin is a much higher base effort gacha then most, the way it sustains itself over a long period of time is probably going to be relatively similar. Furthermore, is a game that has an extremely limited number of units to obtain, so they can't exactly give out 100 or 200 free pulls over the course of a week like some gachas that have 3 or 4 times as many relevant units. It's a very simple gacha with very few obtainable pulls at any given time with terrible rates that basically rely on pity.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Clarste posted:

Well, the anniversary thing at least is literally the opposite and can only come from people experienced with other gacha games.

I think it's people who play other gacha games with much larger gacha pools wanting more in this extremely limited pool game that is overwhelmingly based on pity inciting a mob out of people who are new to gacha games.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Keep in mind the streamer in question there probably spends somewhere between $5,000 and $10,000 a MONTH on the game.

- They pretty much C6 every char
- They pretty much R5 every weapon
- They give away $100, 200, 500 etc numerous times (Per banner? Per week? It varies) to viewers who win giveaways and pull from those players' accounts on stream for content

They aren't really getting anything for free.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I still contend that everyone is wrong in this case.

Genshin is a bad game that is psychologically addictive
Genshin's devs suck and are not generous
Gacha games suck in general
Whiny player bases that don't realize they are actually being victimized both suck and are funny to watch
Not understanding how a whole genre of games works is funny to watch

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Do certain artifact sets drop less often than others and do certain stats roll at higher rates?

I did about 25 condensed resin worth of lv 90 pyro witch set domains, and I prob got a 3:1 resistance set to pyro dam set ratio. And literally not a single "usable" piece in like 20 or so. Every single piece has like 3 def/HP/flat atk stats

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
99 people who spend $0-5 on the game a month might in theory leave (spoiler: very few will actually leave and most of the ones that do will just come back sometime further down the line) but 1 guy who spends $2000 a month will stay.

In the smartest situation, the game devs of gachas give zero shits about you because the whales will always be lurking.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

kater posted:

Eating your initial moons once you get to ar45 is meant to be a catch-up for your gear falling way behind, not like And Now I Am Done.

Like 25 moons isn’t even that much it’s what maybe 80 artifact pieces? Okay fine that’s a lot and sounds like you got unlucky but like this is what the game is. It’s not unusual to just be like okay next two weeks we are trying to make a set from this domain and that’s where 80% of your resin goes. And then you settle for whatever you’ve pieced together because of course it ain’t grand.

You should make sure you’ve at least got full sets for the other party members you are using and then well get back at it. Maybe not crimson witch though, that place is innefficient as gently caress. Who even like needs needs it? Diluc and Hu Tao?

Yeah, I had like 80 moons saved up. Still have 10 left, got a usable full set for XL, Raiden, Venti, and Kokomi. The Witch set is specifically for Diluc, but I wasted far more moons trying to get good pieces there than with any of the other chars, so I just settled for scuffed pieces with mainstat + 1 useful stat and some 4^s to use as placeholders. I'll probably farm more emblem or noblesse fwith the last 10 so I can get a working set for Beidou.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
You know what would be an amazing anniversary gift?

A select your own artifact. 1 per account, you choose any artifact set/piece you want and you choose ALL the stats and substats on it. That would own, it wouldn't hurt the economy or anything, and there is no way anyone in their right mind would complain about being able to pull a god-tier artifact out of their asses.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
How much money would the game make if they had a 24 or 48 hour limited 5*s only banner with all freebee 4s as rate ups for anniversary?

Opportunities lost

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dogsicle posted:

what appeal does a banner with no 5* target have to people who aren't whales/deluded though

That's kind of the point, though, the banner would target non-whales. I don't really see myself getting more than welkin/bp personally, but i'd prob at least knock out all the double top-up bonuses if I knew I could get 2-3 limited 5^s on my fairly new account out of it. I guess they could do one for weapons, too.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I had C4 Beidou, so I used all the anniversary freebies to pull on the banner and got an early 50/50 miss on to land Keqing and C6ed Beidou in the span of about 20 wishes.

Is Keqing a complete loss, or should I work her into my 2nd comp? Is Beidou/Raiden/Keqing with Sucrose or Kokomi potentially good?

Edit: I should add that I actually do have an Aquilla Favonia or whatever from the standard banner sitting around not in use which is probably a pretty decent weapon for Keqing

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 4, 2021

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dogsicle posted:

https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/

https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/scanner

i finally am diving into it since i want to optimize Diluc, but so far having issues with the scanner that is supposed to pick up weapons/characters. an artifact-only scanner like Amenoma worked fine though.

How do you get this thing (the site itself) to list artifacts that are already equipped?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I've loaded the game up on my galaxy s21u to make condensed resins on a day where I wasn't at a PC, and it is basically unplayable on mobile. Do people really play like that?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I make one R5 copy of each rank 3 weapon and trash the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
So we are gonna be able to exchange the charms from this event for stuff sometime before the event ends and they expire, right?

Like the NPC said we would be able to