Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

UltraRed posted:

Dear Mihoyo,

Please remove Elemental Sight and everything that uses it. I just spent 30 minutes trying to find my bounties and didn't find poo poo.

Thank you,
Ultrared
There's a faint blue stink line that flows pointing you in the general direction the scavenger hunt is targeted at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i spent 100 rolls on the klee banner and got 0 noelles. this is lucksack salt mining. mods???

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

zgrowler2 posted:

Do the regisvine weak points do the same thing abyss mage shields do where they count element type instead of ATK for damage purposes? Because that would explain a lot
yes

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

if you can't appreciate diluc's rear end shots you can't appreciate most things

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

non-weekly boss drop quality doesn't go up with world level 7 and 8 and you basically triple the HP of the average mob going from world level 6 to 8

a sore point in this game's design is that artifact loot doesn't get uniformly better for the player as you play because you can roll HP% DEF% as main stats 80% of the time and be up poo poo creek with only blues and purples equipped and nonstop DEF rolls on your substats at WL7

not to mention a lot of people make it to world level 6 not knowing what artifacts even mean for them

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mailer posted:

Wow, co-op is a dumpster fire. The biggest highlight was being kicked from a Fischl/Diluc/Venti team for picking Kaeya.

I guess I'll blow resin on lower level versions for a purple witch's set and call it a day.
i've been in coop with people expecting 4 diluc stacks too many times to care for attempting to get a game actually running in co-op now

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

chongyun is "balanced" around constant freeze shatters, but the shatter damage isn't significant and the damage numbers assume you're using a water-based buff, which you may not always have.

the base attack stats are still balanced around considerable effects that may have been more significant in closed beta but aren't in live and is worth putting input on in the surveys

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

awesmoe posted:

are magical crystals for anything except sinking resin into to turn into weapon xp?
no

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gandlethorpe posted:

Side note, I hit friendship 10 with Chongyun yesterday, and the game repays me by not giving him a single constellation in like 90 pulls :(
the noelle curse...

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Draxion posted:

Big pro wrestler dumbass and Golden Kamuy-rear end Hijikata old guy are the two best types of gatcha character and at some point they will do them. I believe in my heart.
beefcake catalyst user who uses their vision to power their punches and kicks

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

S.J. posted:

Childe is pretty popular among the "please choke slam me into bed" crowd

zgrowler2 posted:

please sweet baby jesus make this the new thread title

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

There was a con for mobile games in Guangzhou.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/kokqvq/photos_from_guangzhou_25th_firefly_animation_game/

Cons are nice :)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nakar posted:

It seems a bit odd for them to power creep this game unless they make the content a lot harder going forward. You don't really need anything new and turbo-busted to stomp all content; I haven't even unlocked the full power of my Diluc or Tartaglia and I'm crushing, to say nothing of Venti existing since launch. They could release a character who basically taps E and one-shots any enemy in the game on a 4s CD, but what would even be the point of that?
See Warframe (a similar game except that game allows you to farm infinitely pointlessly) if you want to see developers absolutely not give a gently caress about powercreep.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kaeya's rear end is more defined than mona's :colbert:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

xedo posted:

Did they ever fix Zhongli's story quest not having paimon voice acting? That was going to be fixed eventually right?
they fixed it in 1.2

yeah it took that long

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

Well, anyway, I think I caught another change to the game. You know that Mystic ore that you can get directions to find more of from both of the blacksmiths in Mondstadt and Liyue? I accidentally clicked a few times with it and did a couple of the resin+ore ones in a row. I swear it used to be only 1 a day beforehand.
the mystic ore (and blacksmith directions) reset is 2 hours after official reset time

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, I mean making the top tier weapon ore using mystic ore and resin. I swear that you used to be able to do one a day and only that but now you can do like 3 or more. I did it on accident when it happened at any rate.
that was always unlimited (as long as you had resin)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

SirKibbles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv-Tr-sSoCs

Xiao story trailer, those are some cool designs
I have no-guarantee pity coming up next so I better not loving spend 50 + 50🐋 rolls to not get Venti's husband :shepface:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

That means there's going to be a Diluc banner. :catstare:

Also a Mona banner :negative:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

AG3 posted:

I had like 11 million Mora until they added the standard wishes for ascending characters. I've been perpetually broke since.

congrats! you fell for it!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i did a stupid and rolled for xiao's weapon and got the piece of poo poo jade cutter

will never run the weapon banner if it has a dumpster tier weapon ever again

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Tatsuta Age posted:

so is Xiao just kinda boring? there was a lot more posting about Ganyu when she came out than Xiao I feel like
ganyu has over three times the amount of total damage in a charged shot than any other bow character, xiao is a 8/10 damage dealer with less reaction potential than diluc

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

No Wave posted:

The new geovishap boss they added this patch has 100% more HP than Andrius. The rumor is that one side of the new 12-3 will have a level 100 primo geovishap (1.3 million HP). Sounds challenging to 3 star!
it loses 5% or 10% of its health each time you have a shield when it does its big attack and it does it anywhere between 3-5 times per fight depending on how long it takes for you to kill it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Bloody Emissary posted:

Did a few Cryo domain runs in hopes of getting a five-star attack hourglass, and...

I think this is the most worthless artifact I've ever received!!!
lol if they replace those flat stats with all resistance, attack speed, and cooldown reduction and the change is retroactive

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

lmao the the kamera guy didn't buy a camera he bought a lovely printer

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Glazius posted:

Apparently I somehow missed a luxury chest in Qingxe right up until now? I just have my Liyue compass out and I'm all the time mashin' on it, so when it started pinging on the climb up to the peak I was surprised, and then there was just a landing with a luxury chest in the shade of a tree, simple as.

Also jesus christ adventurer bro are you TRYING to get people killed, or are three geoshivap hatchlings and a ruin hunter your idea of a fun adventure?
the head of the guild in mondstadt had people climb dragonspine and half of them didn't come back, the adventurer's guild is just hardcore

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

SirKibbles posted:

Weapon banner is a literal slot machine there is no guarantee you'll ever get a Homa. Like people have blown 1000s of dollars and not gotten one
yeah if you wanted an FGO-like death spiral that goes upwards of 5 digit dollar amounts to get what you want the weapon banner is it, wanting to build for a 5* weapon intentionally is a level of whaling nobody with limited disposable funds should ever do

build around craftable, blackcliff, or BP weapons

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Guess I'm actually saving up for a month

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mailer posted:

A couple of friends tried to get me in on release and I wish they'd sold it as "what if BotW were good?" and not "it's anime gacha!" because while both statements are true they're not true of anything else.
I'm gonna stop you right there, it's much better if you remember that it's an immersive sim with the then-standard weapon durability

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

yeah it's not pulling wild sales numbers anymore but it's still its own long-term niche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Radical posted:

sorry, your sibling is in another dimension! now the player must traverse the 8 regions in an alternate timeline.
if they actually made you play a "second run" playing as your sibling during the Collapse Of All poo poo i'd actually forgive the amount of assets they'd straight up recycle