Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Avynte posted:

that ending to 1.1 was certainly worth a chuckle.
Zhongli just upending the entire rule of his nation-state, destroying the fed, handing all his power to the bad guys, then loving off.

"Nooooooo!!! You can't just abandon 3700 years of contracts to go off adventuring!!"

"What's mora?"

The most irresponsible dad of all time

I love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SpazmasterX posted:

The real infuriating thing about Oceanid is those stupid crabs that will hit you multiple times without fail and no one can track fast enough to attack them safely.

RareAcumen posted:

) Jesus Christ that Oceanid is a nightmare, I just tried fighting it for the first time ever and I could only barely beat like, a bird of some kind before being killed (Granted it was level 50 and red so I was very underleveled for it) but I never managed to escape a single one of its AOE attacks in the process.

if you guys aren't crafting a Dessicant Potion for Oceanid I highly recommend it -- 25% doesn't sound like all that much, but it unfailingly makes the fight much less annoying

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Scoss posted:

Between my two Claymore characters, Beidou and Noelle, who is more worth investment as a bread and butter dps character?
Noelle isn't a DPS until you have C6, she's a tanky healer until then

At less than C6 Noelle, if you specifically need a DPS, Beidou is the only option between those two (and she is very good and fun)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Vargs posted:

Hell, I'm already feeling the pressure ease up at AR44 since it takes soooo long to hit AR50 that I'm just kind of idly sitting on the materials I need to upgrade my main team. Decided to max out Ningguang from scratch for some variety and it didn't pinch me much at all. Thinking about doing it to Diona or Bennett as well.
yeah. I was crying about this very thing like 40 pages ago and since hitting AR43 or 44 it really stopped being an issue. I just maxed out Lisa yesterday because I was bored and I wanted to poo poo on Oceanid without having to pay attention

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

YES bread posted:

a colloquial term for character-collection games like this is "wife/waifu collector" because the majority of units are girls and women and the showcase/limited units will skew that way as well. Genshin is unusual both for starting off with a decent number of dudes and for lining up a lot of limited banners where the star character is a guy, hence "husband game"

It seems kind of unusual for the genre that first four chase characters (wind twink, gremlin terrorchild, ginger dreamboat, and hunky geo daddy) are entirely waifu free

it's also really nice that the appropriate character design and portrayal means that I don't feel like I belong in pervert jail every time Klee or Qiqi are onscreen

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is this island in the sky

The main quest line will introduce it to you in Lihue

If you want to know now, it's Ningguang's floating Jade Palace

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Tamba posted:

Genshin are the people that are called "Allogenes" in the english translation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR-qsEAhVD4&t=6274s

if ever there was a case for not localizing a word, that was probably it

UltraRed posted:

Why's everyone so hot to Zhongli? He's a spear user and geo element? One of the most boring combinations

zaddy

e: also Geo owns

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 20, 2020

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Ugh. Getting philomena mushrooms for klee is the worst.

leveling Klee and Mona at the same time :shepicide:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

Suddenly talents need materials I've never seen from the big bosses. I do them weekly and I'm taking on a high enough level for Stormterror.
Is this bad luck or is the % just very low?

Kind of sucks but not really. I'm free from farming those kinds of books.

edit: they start dropping at AR 40

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 25, 2020

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

ElMudo posted:

Conversely, I think I've gotten one almost every time I've run it since AR40, but not any of the ones I want.

I just checked my stock and I have way too many for what I said to be true -- they must have started dropping at AR40 and I didn't notice

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

TheFluff posted:

It's very useful for exploration but it's a rather significant weakness in combat. First off she will always dash the direction you're facing when you hit shift, so you need to turn first and then dash if you want to go somewhere specific. More importantly though you can't double-dash or animation cancel out of the (rather long) recovery animation, nor dash cancel out of knockbacks, so she's extremely susceptible to stunlocks and large radius AoE's in general. Oh, and while in the animation she gets stuck on the tiniest ledges.

I think I'm going to skip Ayaka for this very reason. I love Mona and her kit but 80% of my fried egg uses are because I forget I'm on Mona, I try to dash, and I get absolutely owned

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I never remember that fischl's burst doesn't have i-frames and I try to use it as an escape which just ends up with her getting demolished. One of her consellations does heal her after so that seems good for that particular purpose.

This is the other 20% of my fried eggs

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

theblackw0lf posted:

To add further speculation on the latest reveals, ever notice that sometimes you pass by Kathryne and she says error: error sounding like a robot?

She also says "rebooting" from time to time

Also, reddit is getting progressively hornier as John Glee approaches, and I support it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

His healing is so nuts he doesn't need Maiden at all . Noblesse is a great choice.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

TheFluff posted:

I don't think you're actually understanding what I'm saying either so I'll just drop this here.

If it helps, I don't understand either of you :haw:

But I love the lore posts, you guys are nuts and I enjoy your insights

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

last night I got drunk and decided to dump a ton of resources into Noelle because why not, I have so many extras

what could I possibly have been saving all those topazes, basalt pillars and XP tomes for :shepicide:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Petrify works on anything but bosses it seems. It petrifies shielded Abyss Mages. Zhongli best boy

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ashenai posted:

What happens to the shields?

They stay up, sadly -- the mage just gets CCed inside his shield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5SEneA26ow&t=2791s (potential spoilers for story quest )

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

the fatui have guns, staves, hammers, I expect we'll see them eventually

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

got C2 zhong and C6 xinyan in about 150 pulls... better than I was expecting :toot: think I'm going to stop there, C4 Zhongli is tempting but not $400 tempting

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

having never pulled qiqi, I am finally bothering with violetgrass for the first time in two months

why are you like this mihoyo

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I want to live in this alternate reality where Zhongli is bad

if the crying gets him buffed tho im ok with that

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

inject that and a hydro set straight into my veins mihoyo

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ashenai posted:

I do have sacrificial bow! She's using it! It's super unreliable!

are you holding E? with sac bow you should always hold to get 5 chances at the proc, it makes it like a 93% chance even at R1

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

on the one hand it's a really bad sign that their response to a massive community outcry is lol get hosed. on the other Zhongli is great and these people are morons

I think if they had released him with his C6 as an ascension talent and just given him even better healing with his C6, he would have been perfect and all of this would have been avoided.

No Wave posted:

Tbh nobody wants an ATK% spear. Idk why they made it it's a weak rear end stat in general.

yeah. the VV is beautiful and looks so good on him, but I refuse to roll for it because of that. Skyward Spine is his BIS for support and no one will ever convince me otherwise, it's so so good to have that energy recharge

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

frajaq posted:

Rosaria is coming in this December's banner? thought it was Ganyu time

according to the leakers it's Albedo/Rosaria this month and Ganyu/Hu Tao next month

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

dogsicle posted:

i feel like Signora's model would definitely get a toned down redesign for her playable version

man you think the Zhongli backlash was bad

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Log082 posted:

Mona has an idle animation where she checks her coin purse and pulls out a single mora before looking at it despairingly and putting it back in.

that's all thank you

if Monas sprint was less awful in combat I would never take her out of my party. Best character

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Archonex posted:

That reminds me, how good is Zhongli's 5 star gacha spear for him?

it's very good because it's a 5*, but imo it's the worst 5* for him. He doesn't scale super hard with attack, so the substat is not by any means bad but not that useful. Also the passive requires the wielder to be on the field to benefit from the shield strength (sadly, the way it works is the same as bolide -- you lose the 20% as soon as you switch off the wearer) and requires him to be autoing to get the attack buff, but if your John Lee is on the field autoing you will do more damage with Crescent Pike.

PJWS has a better DPS substat (but still probably loses to Crescent Pike) and Spine has an amazing support substat to go with its (almost entirely wasted, if you're support) passive. I'd rather have either one of them.

If VV had HP% substat it would probably be amazing for him, but would probably have sold fewer gacha rolls

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 11, 2020

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

dogsicle posted:

no new 4* on banner is such a buzzkill 😔
true

but I'm viewing it as 3 stress free weeks where my rate of gaining XP books, talent books and mora will finally outpace my rate of consumption

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

why is there even a max limit for redemptions? mihoyo is all about unforced errors lately

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

lol gently caress I have all of Ganyu's 4*s at c6

ol Vapors gonna be swimming in masterless glitter

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just how huge is that second pillar for Zhong anyways?

C1 isn't great. it smooths out energy regen a little in fights where energy regen doesn't really matter (e.g. not spiral abyss).. in abyss you'll be using your E almost exclusively to shield so it's irrelevant. it's his least important const to me, I'd rather have either one of the +3s

C2 is amazing and changes his gameplay -- shield on meteor is insane (and gives you more opportunities to use C1 as a pillar instead of a shield, retroactively making it better). so if you're going to pull for geodaddy consts shoot for that. C4 and C6 are good but too expensive for what they do

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

do you guys feed your lovely gold artifacts to better artifacts? I can't seem to bring myself to let go of any of my dozens of defense%/defense%/flat defense/EM gold artis, but it's getting ridiculous

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

while trying to convert all my green Freedom books to blue, I instead converted all my blue Freedom books to purple :shepicide: it's okay I didn't want to level any talents past 2

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Albedo is the first character where even the teasers aren't getting me hype. Just don't care about the alchemy twink

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

kater posted:

Stop trying to talk me out of Albedo he is maximum dreamy
this is the most important factor. for all the crying I'm happy with my C2 Zhongli because he is my beautiful meteor-dropping husbando and nothing can take that away from me. if you wanna ride Elevator Boy all the way to the top then godspeed young voyageur

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

lol was not expecting Zhongli buffs to turn into Ningguang buffs. let's loving gooooooooooo

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Mailer posted:

Edit: Actually, the wording is extremely weird on that. Is it just Geo shields (which everyone generates) or something specific to Noelle/ZL? If it's in general, why bother mentioned those two specifically?
only Noelle and ZL can independently generate geo shields

Crystallize reactions are shields of their element (purple = elec, etc)

the only way to get a geo-aspected shield without Zhong or Noelle's E is those sonic the hedgehog looking geo monster things that drop them when you hit them with geo

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

No Wave posted:

I don't think the ZL buffs change a whole lot. It makes his normal attacks a little better from the toilet they were in but idk if that means you want him doing them late game. The hold E stele thing is whatever, the stele sucks and now you can't opt out of resonating geo onto stuff but I guess it's still an improvement. 50% more shield is obviously just good though.

The thing that is meaningful is the 2 geo resonance change. I don't really like this direction because it only buffs geo in the scenario that you have two geo on a team. But it certainly makes those teams better.

https://youtu.be/EuhnTG_k9aE

ZL as-is is not that far behind Keqing when built right -- free hp based damage is going to close that gap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Saxophone posted:

It doesn't feel like there's much content in the game right now that can't be done with 80 carries and 60 support. The 80-> 90 push is so resource intense that I think you could get a whole rear end character to 60 for slightly less books than it takes to go from 80 to 90.

Yup. To 70, actually. 1 to 70 is about 165 purple books. 80 to 90 is about 170.