Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

in alpha protocol theres literally a skill where you can go invisible and can kill mutliple enemies without breaking stealth and its loving kickass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

little munchkin posted:

leveling up kicks rear end

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

big numbers ftw, small numbers ftl

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I beat the entirety of witcher 1 with all sidequests in 2009 while i was addicted to methadone and stealing electricity from my landlord and I honestly have no idea how that rhhyythm poo poo or the stances even worked. I think I just brute forced quicksaves until I won

suddnely got a new found respect for this guy

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

my drug addiction games were Mario galaxy and twilight princess because I didn't understand how to use the opiates after some surgery, so I took them like every four hours for two months and they just kept refilling the prescription. I went from feeling the best I've ever felt, flying Mario around in a bee suit and dreaming that I controlled the universe every night, to going through opiate withdrawal and realizing that one night at like 2 am I'd told my ex girlfriend I was still in love with her after beating her at scrabble.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

BoastfulVirus posted:

The gamers dilemma: Having too many RPGs and not enough time to play them all.

thank god for 2020

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

Awesome: 300 rare 5 star gild beaver nutsacks in rdr2.

Fail/crimge: 300 rare 5 star Donald testicles in western rtwp trash.

Edit: phine is forcing me to say kobald instead of kobald

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

code:
Here's all that again, condensed:

A = Difficulty to learn Ability
E = Enemy Spark Value of ONLY the Main Enemy
T = Gun Talent
D = adjusted Difficulty
C = base Chance
I = Current INT (Base INT modified by equipment and any buffs/debuffs from the
    current battle, as well as Mystic Absorb Stat Boosts for Mystic Asellus)
F = Final Chance

A - ((E + T) - 10) = D
0 <= D <= 20
If you have Physical Mastery, convert D->C using Table 1.
If you don't have Physical Mastery, convert D->C using Table 2.
((C * I) / 64) = F
If rand(0...99) < F, this Ability will be learned.

oh, it all makes sense now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

This game is so insanely stylish, this is the ultimate UI. I'm in love.

Holy poo poo that first dungeon. This game is godlike.

Okay that second dungeon was a step back...I will press on

(6 months later) Fell off P5...everytime I try to pick it back up I just get bored

thank you for coming back bob

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im playing dragon quest v on my super fami and just legit lolled when papas turned around and accidentally went down the stairs

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750365&userid=165473

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

yea ok posted:

please carry on the imp tradition of not understanding the combat, understanding and finding it interesting, and finally understanding it while praying for the game to end

i love watching these series of posts every time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is the cast of The Big Lebowski.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dragon quest giving you yes/no options to statements and questions where neither answer makes sense ftw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

Oh right, I for sure have an Apple II lying around somewhere.

I played through SMT 4 and got went Chaos. Good poo poo, waiting on Nocturne remaster and SMT 5.

Heard alot of good things about Etrian Odyssey, I'll give it a shot.

you could use an emulator

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

but respect for preferring original hardware, the old gaming alliance may have a new member...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i started playing planescape torment to try and scratch the disco elysium itch and i would love to yell and scream at whoever decided to put regenerating auto-aggro enemies and dice roll combat in this story game for literally no benefit or reason.

i played that game as was intended, putting all my stats into wisdom and intelligence and sleeping through the combat with overpowered late game dnd spells

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

he looks chill

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

red alert 2 playstation demo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thank you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

I slept in the wrong bed in Morrowind and the Mage's Guild kicked me out and now they won't let me back in until I've waited 30 in game days.

lol, i cant believe this is the same company that made skyrim

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

i ended up looking up a gamefaqs and this turned out to be the solution

i think i may have cracked the code on how to beat this game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

magikid posted:

I just finished Dragon Quest VIII and I have no idea why anyone likes this game, or this series in general.

Slowest, grindiest thing I've ever played. Randoms are like five minutes each and give almost no experience or money. The only way to level is to hunt a specific extremely rare monster that just runs away before you can do anything. And equipment is so expensive it seems like it would take, no poo poo, almost ten hours of money grinding to get a single weapon. I had to do a "no shop" challenge by default. Oh, but the game was so charming. :jerkbag:

Sorry, just really had to get that out there. Enjoy Dragon Quest if you want.

:downsbravo:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if dragon quest encounters are taking you 5 minutes a piece maybe you should get yourself tested

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

magikid posted:

So I guess you guys had a pretty good time with it then.

you couldnt even kill a metal slime lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Out of all possible reasons to dislike Dragon Quest, I was not expecting to see "it's too hard."

lol seriously

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i know of one kingdom hearts character who does. and i think it sounds a little something like this:

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

i got the boat in Wild Arms 3 and it has its own battle system like the xeno- series mechs or some poo poo. my highest level char has around 1200 health and the boat starts with 165,958. each attack does over 17,000 damage and it has a harpoon system and your party runs the ship as a crew in different roles that effect turn order and performance of the various parts of the ship??? this game is awesome lol.

i dont know if im capable of ever playing this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

owned

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hmm

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

gently caress current games

the year of retro gaming is going strong into its 6th year at my house

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

I don't even know where else to post this so I guess I'll post it here. Over the summer I found the dream 32 inch WEGA from some guy on craiglist and told my fiancé I needed her car to bring it home. needless to say I hosed up her car door and it doesn't close right trying to get it in the backseat and it also hosed up her entire backseat me trying to push it in, and I'm pretty sure the guy who helped me lift it got a hernia, but man does Point Blank 2 look great on it. 5th CRT in 4 years baby!

my god

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know they have their flaws (some input delay, light guns don't work) but i got a 100hz widescreen crt and some late cycle ps2 games look just look absolutely mind blowing on it since they were designed for that exact setup. every home definitely needs a roster of at least 3 crts to make sure each game is experienced optimally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

I dont know which is which . thanks

same