Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Way back in his first movie right after he loses Bucky he tries to get drunk, but to no avail. I forget if it was a healing or metabolism thing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Argue posted:

And AoS, because I said so

AoS sucked horribly, but I also would like it to be canon. They named a character with my first and last name, so I want to be canon in the MCU.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

It's quietly hilarious that every time someone is seen writing a text message in this show, that it's done with a close-up shot of their hands showing they aren't even close to typing the letters that appear on the screen.

I made the same comment to my wife. “There’s not even a question mark on that keyboard!”

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Darth Brooks posted:

Why did Icarus help Cersi gather everyone together. He had just said "I'll take care of this, have a nice weekend you two." The group would have remained scattered an unable to stop the Celestial.

It’s been a while since I saw this, but doesn’t he say it’s already happening, nothing they can do to stop it. Everyone is surprised that what’s her name has the power enough to cover matter to another form enough to work on the scale the size of the baby celestial. He hadn’t planned on that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

Why would Disney even care?

Fixed.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ugh, that was my confirmation that they changed her powers for me, and that turned me right off on it. Her original powers were fun!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That’s too bad, he was my personal favorite character in Daredevil.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

En-squish-en.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sure they did, Kingo’s valet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Alhazred posted:

I mean, who doesn't?

Daredevil, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Murd Blurdock…

IUG fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 27, 2022

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Has anyone gone through the comics in KEVIN’s room and identified them?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

There was a recent GLA after Squirrel Girl got big. Part of the premise was the team trying to ride off of Squirrel Girl’s fame.

They might have even carried around a cardboard stand of her (I can’t recall if that was just for the cover or in the issues).
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Great_Lakes_Avengers_(Earth-616)?file=Great_Lakes_Avengers_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg
(Click the main image, apparently I can’t just link to the image, and it’s cropped out in the thumbnail.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can the Black Panther chat stay in the movie thread? I stopped reading that thread because I won’t be able to see the film until next weekend at the earliest. But I thought the TV thread would be safe.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Merrill Grinch posted:

LEGION is part of the MCU and I won't hear otherwise simply because (major show spoiler) the show's timeline is completely unwritten in the final episode so I can nerd out about it resetting into the MCU.

Also you should watch it.

I am seconding (or thirding ) Legion. I literally just finished a rewatch this week of the entire show. Best depiction of psychic battles.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Nah some ppl here love some terrible TV. AoS was consistently mediocre as hell

Gonna +1 this. Wife and I hate watched this show, and we couldn’t even bother with the last season. The season that was a lighthouse in space* broke us.

*Some industrial plant they filmed in for cheap.**

**Wife and I visited the real life lighthouse just before we watched that season.

The only good thing about AoS is that I got an inexplicable name drop in one of the episodes, so I guess I’m in the MCU.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Didn’t they show someone being snapped, from the perspective of being snapped? I want to say Black Widow’s sister. They hardly knew that time had passed, except when they came out of the room they were in and everything changed.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Finn posted:

I might have to track down Legion season 3 based on these posts.

It’s on Hulu (or Prime, but I’m pretty sure it’s Hulu), I watched it a few months ago. Except for season one, which I have on bluray. (I’m very bitter that seasons 2 & 3 are only on DVD.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The answer may surprise you!

He’s no one. He’s an animation mistake by the Korean animators that they refused to fix and instead actually added to a couple of scenes later on out of spite.

Apparently not true. My wife got me X-Men: The Art And Making Of The Animated Series a few years ago and it has an answer. I’m on the phone, so this is the best I can do:

https://imgur.com/a/w2sJU4Z

And let’s let Apple attempt to copy/paste that text for me:

quote:

ALL OF THE ARTISTS WERE FANS of the Marvel Universe. So, rather than make up characters for background or cameo bits, they populated the screen with Marvel characters that they loved and wanted to celebrate. It started at the top with Larry Houston; in fact, the first televised images of Deadpool and Black Panther appeared on our series, courtesy of Larry.
Larry explains, "It clicked with the audience by making the incidental characters somebody that they already knew. I then brought in my collection of X-Men books and so did the other guys, and we would give them to the model designers, Frank Brunner and Mark Lewis, and we'd just make background mutants look like characters from the books. I think that really helped the first season because people started seeing what they would now call Easter eggs."
Much to our delight, we discovered later that fans noticed these small indulgences and enjoyed keeping track of them. In the early '90s, there was no real Internet over which to share information, but fans managed. From school playgrounds to college common rooms, from early message boards to office water coolers, word got around. Fans loved these extra touches.
For the eagle-eyed fan, in the opening credits the pink-and-green mutant running next to Warpath has always been a mystery. At long last, Larry Houston supplies the definitive answer: "At first I thought it was a [coloring] mistake and wanted AKOM to correct the animation." But then Larry remembered there was an obscure mutant called Gremlin, son of Gargoyle. Gremlin had been added without Larry's prior approval by another artist. By the time it was all straightened out, it was too late to change the animation, and Gremlin remained.
It just goes to show that effective television creation is not all hard work and rational decisions but can benefit from the fun and joy that the creators take in the doing of it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Isn’t Maddie the one who just had the kid? The comics, I believe, have Jean come back from the bay in a cocoon, Scott sees her, and immediately ditches Maddie and the kid. This turns her into the Goblin Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

Loving the show's commitment to speedrunning all the peaks of the Claremont run because they know the show even existing is a miracle

The speed this show is going through things, the season finale is going to be all the mutants moving to Krakoa.