Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tsob posted:

One other thing I found interesting looking at the trailers again is that [episode 3 spoilers]when Wanda asks Monica who she is, Monica in the trailer has a really confused "I don't know" response, while she seems to know who she is and be trying to infiltrate Wanda's reality in the episode as is. I wonder if there was a slight change in plans at some point. Or if maybe Monica was losing herself in the new reality despite stepping in there with a specific purpose.

This was probably just misdirection in the trailer but also doing it in a way that showcases that things are Not Right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

George Clooney, the person, but played by Anson Mount for budgetary reasons.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Spacebump posted:

Why has SWORD not contacted an Avenger yet?

An Avenger got them into this mess!!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Sanguinia posted:

I... think that's a pretty big stretch. I don't think I've ever seen a "Witches were in Salem," story that even implied that the village was threatened by the witches living there, or that the Puritans were not loving psychos and their trials a complete farcical sham.

Except Scooby Doo and the Witches' Ghost, and even that story was like "Ok, there was ONE evil witch, the broken clock was right one time, but they also killed a bunch of innocent people including explicitly good witches."

That being said I didn't really get that that was supposed to be Salem in the intro anyway. It was literally just "spooky woods and old-timey clothes," it could have been any witches coven anywhere and any pre-industrial post-medieval time.

At 1 minute 30 seconds it says "Salem, Massachusetts 1693"

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Just realized that the guy who's name is a boner joke was pretending to be someone named Peter, which is also dick related. And the actor's last name is also Peters.

It's dick jokes all the way down

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Bleck posted:

In the MCU, Doctor Strange is not the Sorcerer Supreme, yet.

Then who is Agatha referring to when she tells Wanda her power surpasses the Sorcerer Supreme?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

KittyEmpress posted:

Unrelated to the 6 pages of 'how can falcon not have monies', Yori owned and Bucky seeking atonement is a lot more compelling than I thought he would be. I knew I'd like Falcon's story, but I didn't expect Winter Soldier's to be like this.

It really does kinda suck for him right now. Cap, the only person who knows the real him from the past, dipped out and then returned just to die. T'challa is... probably dead? And was probably the person who knew him second best, since he lived in Wakanda for a couple years. Natasha is dead, who helped him (and steve) even when no one else would.

All he has left from that half of the team of 'people who supported him' are... Wanda and Sam. And they weren't exactly portrayed as close ever.

Are we sure that Cap is actually dead? I imagine Sam/Bucky/Bruce would cover up Steve's choice by saying he died somehow.

Cap is definitely hiding on the Moon.

General whoever told Sam he "did the right thing", I sorta imagine that the General and others don't actually know that Steve chose Sam as his successor, and he was saying that more as "oh you just recovered this somehow and instead of keeping it as a keepsake of your dead friend you gave it to us"

pik_d fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 21, 2021

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

stev posted:

Imagine if they brought Cap back after conclusively bringing his arc to a close only now Chris Evans has to wear old man makeup in every scene.

If anything I could see an end-of-season scene where Steve looks on approvingly as Sam takes up the mantle or something silly.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Andrew Verse posted:

I'd imagine they'll meet up because Sam thinks Bucky might be the new guy.

Why would he think that?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Piell posted:

It seems to me like the route they are going with Flag Smashers is that they stole the Super Soldier juice from the Power Broker, who will be the actual bad guy for this series. Guessing Power Broker will be connected to the Global Repatriation Council (who are backing new Captain America) which will turn out to be another Hydra plot.

My theory is similar. The Power Broker gave them the super serum so he could have super soldiers, then they peaced out to go do good, and when he texted Karli about them taking something of his, he was literally talking about their enhanced selves. The Power Broker considers the flag-smashers to be his property because he made them what they are I haven't read any of the comics or watched the youtube vids on them so I may be way off base.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

grittyreboot posted:

Did any of Steve's helmets have those open ear holes or did the showrunners do that specifically to make Walker look like the Wish version of Cap?

Yeah they did, he jus doesn't look like Dumbo because of them though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Rappaport posted:

That cat had better have a prominent role, Marvel :colbert:

I hope it's a Flerken

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Spacebump posted:

he lives on the moon.

Here you go, I fixed it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TyrantWD posted:

My biggest problem with Sam getting the shield is that he needs to be dosed with super soldier serum for it to be believable that he takes all the hits he is going to end up taking.
They literally just showed us last week what happens to even the most highly trained soldiers when doing battle against any sort of enhanced threat,

Sam with the shield and some cardio isn’t going to win many fights. Any of the enhanced people on Karli’s crew would wipe the floor with him.

This is one of the things that gets me. Steve has gone up against Bucky, Iron Man (and other Avengers), 10 dudes in an elevator, hoards of aliens, and fuckin Thanos. This Wakandan suit is gonna have to be Iron Man levels to make any of this possible for someone without the super juice.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TulliusCicero posted:

Idk, if Sam has the wings and the thrusters I think he's fine. He uses the wings as appendages and boosts his hits/ range by using his thrust in creative ways quite well in a lot of his fights, particularly in the fight with Walker

If he has some form of wings I think he's good.

Against low level threats sure, but against something like Thanos or some other stronger-than-Super-Soldier threat any boosted hit strong enough to phase them shatters his legs/arms unless it's a whole suit to rival Iron Mans.

The 1 vs n fights also need more than wings/boost, too much is unguarded without a full suit.

I guess I just feel like being called Captain America means you go up against stronger opponents than he's solo'd as Falcon.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

STAC Goat posted:

Batroc was leading the group of terrorists Sam fought in the first episode, wasn't he?

Yeah that was him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

thrawn527 posted:

Imgur has been the SA image host of choice for many, many years now. Like, almost a decade, since the one made for SA went down, whose name I now forget.

It was waffleimages and it's still a shame it went down without everything getting put on some other host.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Azhais posted:

I have zero recollection of on your left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUmBBroV8kw

Edit: Oh ffs that one cuts the Endgame one short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE1P4zDhhqw

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

The Last Call posted:

Disney And Sony Reach Windows Deal That Can Sling ‘Spider-Man’ To Disney+ For First Time Along With Reach Across Hulu, ABC, FX & More

https://deadline.com/2021/04/disney-sony-streaming-spider-man-disney-plus-1234741215/

Disney and Sony have reached a multi-year deal for the post-pay-1 release window, a pact that will make Spider-Man and other major franchises eligible to stream on Disney+ for the first time.

The flagship streaming service and Hulu are among many platforms covered by the agreement, which the official announcement called “unprecedented.” A host of platforms under the Disney tent are involved, including ABC, FX, Freeform. No specific plans for Disney+ have yet been finalized, but Marvel fans had been wondering when Spidey and others would appear alongside the rest of the streaming stable. For complicated legal reasons, the franchise has not been a full-fledged member of the Disney-controlled Marvel Cinematic Universe.

https://twitter.com/frankpallotta/status/1384969318857908233

Does that change where Spider-Man Far From Home is available to watch (without paying extra) at all?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Steve Rogers is alive, and on the moon.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Terror Sweat posted:

Who has the biggest body count in this series? Sam, zemo, zemos butler or Karli

Sharon?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I feel like if Steve started loving around someone would stop him. Either The Ancient One or Owen Wilson just from those we've seen.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

bunnyofdoom posted:

Not even time agent Owen Wilson. The real one. He'll show up with an unbroken nose and be pissed Steve's meddling removed on of his few trademarks

The real Owen Wilson is a time agent, he's playing himself. He was also playing himself in Shanghai Noon, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Starsky & Hutch, and Cars.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I wonder if he'll do enough timeline poo poo that he ends up meeting the Thor 3 version of himself. I would assume not but it would be a way to transfer in some of that growth.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, us D+ people are getting dicked over. It’s probably done as a ‘this will hold them over till Loki’ measure.

How do you even get D+ without getting Hulu? I thought it just came as a package deal these days.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Dexo posted:

Didn't Loki see Ant-Man and multiple copies of other avengers running around, when they came and interrupted his capture. Him putting 2&2 together isn't that much of a stretch.

Yeah he literally made a comment about smelling the cologne of two Tony Starks

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Watching Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston talk to each other is like half the reason to watch this show

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

How in the heck did Loki have enough time to win the Tour de France before hitting the redline?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

kazil posted:

It's not Kang. We've had two series now where we all speculated on the surprise mystery character would be and it didn't happen. It's not Kang.

OK but have you considered: It's Kang.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

First "Official Image" of Lady Loki refers to her as "Lady Loki" on the website.

What website? I didn't see anything on disneyplus.com.

Also maybe I'm just illiterate but that official image definitely just says Loki, not Lady Loki.

Edit: OK it's https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/character-poster-loki-variant

Still doesn't use the full name "Lady Loki" even though she is.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 22, 2021

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Sorry, I meant referring to her as "Loki" and not the "Sylvie" that people were speculating about based on the Catalan credits from the episode last week.

She introduced herself as Randy, I don't see what the confusion is??

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

For real though her name is Sylvie according to the TVA

pik_d fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 22, 2021

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Desperado Bones posted:

Lady Grogu.

That's gonna be the revelation.

Missphisto

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Looks like this is the actual change that matters:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/o8qocp/wandavision_detail_i_noticed/

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Soonmot posted:

Can someone actually say what change is?

There's a spooky ghost floating in the trees

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

How sure are we that Black Thor Loki is actually a Loki? What if he's actually just Black Thor?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hobo Clown posted:

The mid-credits scene shows that anyone can be a Loki. Instead of the phase 4 "Is this person a Skrull" we were expecting we'll get "is this person Loki". Maybe Eugene Cordero is Loki. Or Owen Wilson! It's Loki all the way down and I'm here for it

I am Loki.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Just realized, does the post-credits scene mean that his fine Asgardian leather might be lying around there somewhere?

Or is it in the Fine Asgardian Leather Limboverse?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

mutata posted:

Thanks! The character department was on an entirely different level, imo. I was an environment artist, mostly on the Toybox from the beginning, but I also worked a ton on the Inside Out playset. ( https://www.artstation.com/mutatedjellyfish some work here, towards the bottom.) It was really a super fun project.

For content, here's a Loki ad spot with a few new shots including a Mobius scene we haven't seen yet! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORvr70sygxM

hahahaha holy gently caress bike Loki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I don't read the comics, can someone please explain to me why when I look up Nathaniel Richards it seems like one version of him is (pretend) Doctor Doom (with no mentions of Kang) and another version is Kang and then there's other versions of him where the same name is someone different? I guess the Kang version of him is most popular? But there's also Kangs that aren't him?

pik_d fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 8, 2021