Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
hell yeah a new tarkov thread made by an actual tarkov goon instead of that person from the other one

Here is the Discord that all the 100s of goons are on to play with it is buried hidden in the OP hard to find >>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://discord.gg/fxvqwE6 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

edit this new link should never expire ^^^

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
There are so many new people now and probably going to be even more than I figured I would go back to the good thread and dig up some effort posts.

Here is the one about how to get money, where information has changed since the original post I have added commentary in italics.

The absolute gold standard way to 'get money' is to rush tech stores/spawns in Interchange.

Why? because they are rich sources of these items:
graphics cards (270k), 135k/slot,
tetrises (115k), 67k/slot (WORTH MORE NOW)
golden gphones (40k) /slot (WORTH LESS NOW)
nixxor lenses (30k)/slot

Graphics cards are especially important because you put them in your butt coin machine to make butt coins, and once you do that you have infinite money for the whole wipe forever. An added virtue of them is that they don't need to receive an enchantment to be put into the machine, so you can butt hole them and then die and you don't lose anything.

Also NOTE the lighting is different in the map now than when I took all these screen shots

With a little practice and a basic familiarity with the map, its very easy to do and very time efficient. You're also likely to run into some hatchlings to get PMC kills for quests.

The first step toward orienting yourself on interchange is to figure out which region you spawned in.

Interchange's two major landmarks are IDEA and OLI. IDEA is on the same side of the map as the RAILROAD EXFIL and POWER STATION. OLI is on the same side of the map as EMERCOM EXFIL.

There are four major spawn regions for interchange:

Front-IDEA (aka, Railroad Exfil)
Back-IDEA (aka, Power Station)
Front-OLI
Back-OLI (aka Emercom Exfil).

There are also other spawns half way between these, such as front-middle, back-middle, side-IDEA. If you spawn there just run toward one of the main spawn regions first, then continue as normal. As for me, from the side of OLI i like to go in the front, and from the side of IDEA the back/power station. Back-middle the simplest is to go to power station.

I have prepared a slideshow highlighting the optimal tech loot run paths to take from each of these four spawns.

The targets in any raid will be Techlight, TEXHO, Rasmussen, TTS, and German. If you spawn behind IDEA you can do the power station and the IDEA office/stockroom as well.

To start with, we'll go with the luckiest spawn: Front of OLI

NOTE this isn't actually the luckiest spawn, the luckiest spawn is right off to the side where you can shoot straight into the garage from the side. That spawn guarantees you will be the first one to techlight and it matters more now because the MEDICAL ROOM is up there across from techlight, and people will rush the Medical Room, especially if the power has been turned on. To see if the power has been turned on from anywhere on the map press the 'show exits' thing and if the thing about the door is lit up green, the power is on. This only works if the power has been activated while you were in the raid. If you get late spawned and the power was turned on before you spawned, this indicator won't work.

------At any rate this guide assumes you aren't bringing anything you care at all about losing, like you're bringing a pistol or some garbage that is worthless, and you aren't planning on winning any fights, you're just gonna go grab loot and get money. So speed is of the essence and you want to get to these places as fast as you can. If you die you just want to grab some more super cheap poo poo like another pistol or whatever and do it again as fast as you can. This lets you get money fast to spend on gear to do other stuff. And once you start filling your butt coin making machine up you get infinite money.

You dont want to break glass going through the OLI main entrance, or get stuck trying to glitch jump over the sandbag wall, so you go into the garage to the right of the main entrance first.

Once inside you go over to the stairs and go up

Run by here, if scavs shoot at you keep running, try to get behind something to break line of sight. Don't stop!

You made it! Now decisions: upstairs to Techlight or plod around in TEXHO. Go up to Techlight first.

This store has the most tech spawns. Tech items spawn all over it everywhere, all the shelves, everywhere. Grab them up! You're rich.

Once you're done, time to go back down the escalator

At the bottom to the left is TEXHO. It's OK. It has a wooden floor which gives you away. Loot it up and keep moving, deeper toward the interior of the mall, away from OLI.

Next stop Rasmussen. It has a wood floor and many tech spawns along the walls and on the counters in the middle.

See that shiny graphics card!!! (GRAPHICS CARDS NO LONGER STAND UP VERTICALLY THEY LAY DOWN FLAT BUT THEY ARE STILL REAL SHINY)

If you want to live dangerously from here, just keep on going, go behind the APC store, around the back, and across the middle and hit German and TTS You've already hit 3 tech stores though, so you're probably good.

plz like and subsscccribeee!!!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Interchange guide (2/2)

Back of OLI aka Emercom Exfil.

It is probably the worst place to spawn. But dont just disconnect, you might get lucky!

To start with you want to make your way up the ramp, crossing your fingers and hoping that a scav doesnt shoot you.

Once at the top, jump up on the poo poo to go in the first loading dock

Make your way deeper in, through the back of oli into the main area, and then hook a right.

Stick to the right side and rush up there. You'll end up right where you did from the last spawn, with easy access to Techlight, TEXHO and Rasmussen

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Next up: Front of IDEA

Similarly with Front of OLI, you dont want to go directly in the main entrance. With IDEA, you want to enter the garage doors to the right of the main entrance, and continue going right. The aim isn't to get into IDEA itself, but the mall next to it.

Once you get in the garage go right, and go around the corner through the glass doors. Keep going until you see the escalator on your left and go up it.

Once you get to the top of the escalator take a right, and go past Trend into the mall

The first store you want to loot is TTS, which is on your left. You can get into it directly by hopping/crouching on these boxes. Or you can go all the way around, it doesnt matter.

Once you're inside, check the shelves and the counters for valuable tech items.

Once you've done that, continue to German.

Its to the right of Voyage, and has a wood floor.

Valuable items spawn along the walls and on the pedestals in the middle.

From here you can cross the middle and try to get Rasmussen, TEXHO and techlight if you want. Or just die in a hail of bullets to Killa. If you've got an Emercom Medical Unit Key, you can go inside and sometimes find a graphics card in there, in the middle.

plz like and subscribe!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Finally (3/3) Back IDEA aka Power Station

This is actually a great place to spawn.

The power station itself contains an office with several tech spawns, and it is pole position for hitting the IKEA office/storerooms as well.

ADDENDUM: This guide was produced before they put the power switch and stuff in, and it's worth noting that if you spawn right here and go in and loot the power station and don't hit the switch to turn on the power, you're a lowlife sleazebucket. Like people will say a bunch of words about it and the thoughts in their heads about it or whatever stupid poo poo, but trash is trash and you don't want to be one of those people.

Also want to note that because the power switch is here, you don't want to spend any time at all here if you spawn in, since people will come straight here. It is not a safe place to be. You just want to zoom in, check the spawn, hit the switch and book it.

Go in, go left, loot office.

There are several jackets hung up which can spawn valuable keys, if you want to loot them.

Once you're done, go out and go up the back ramp of IDEA

Hook around to the right and go through the doors, then another right into the back of the main area

Once you're in, push forward past the green light to the back door of the storeroom.

Loot the shelves along the aisle that lines up with the next door

Move forward and attend to all the marked spots. The arrow points to the keyboard of a computer in the cuble facing away from you there.

I dont recommend searching the inside of the computer boxes for graphics cards, it takes forever and you wont find any.

Once you're done, head out, take a left, and make a bee line behind the registers until you see Trend and the mall, then proceed as usual.

plz like and subscribe

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
How to Do the New Wipe by hakimashou

In the past, it was very important to rush quests and levelling up as fast as possible early in the wipe, so that you could be one of the first people to get access to high level vendors and be able to buy and resell parts for gunsmith quests and good armors and bullets and other things people wanted. Getting to lv 40 in the first week or two meant you'd get a starting nut of 10s of millions of roubles just from that, and you'd be set for money for the rest of the wipe.

Since they vandalized the flea mkt and vandalized it again, adding the loathsome "find in raid" enchantment requirements to items, this is no longer the case and there is no benefit to rushing the start of the wipe that way.

However, they have replaced this community-interaction-based early achievement advantage with a less interesting one -> the butt coins machine.

In 2020 Tarkov and beyond, there is only one thing to rush early in the wipe: graphics cards.

This is because graphics cards are the main source of money now. You get them and put them in the butt coin machine and it makes you butt coins every day, which you just sell to the vendor to increase the rouble supply and get rich.

It is a grind to get all 50 of them, but it has replaced all the other grinds and it is an easier grind because it's easier to get graphics cards than it is to do 50 million quests really fast. The guide posted above is how you go grind them, you just run to the spots and pick them up and put them in your butt. It doesn't matter if you die, because the butt coins machine does not require enchanted graphics cards to function.

So if, like many people, you wonder How to Get Money IN Tarkov?, now you know. You just run around interchange picking up graphics cards, and afterward you have infinite money for the whole wipe forever. You can do it, anyone can do it!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

deadseedinside posted:

running interchange is probably least lethal map to get rich on

And more to the point, if you're just grinding it to fill up your butt coin machine like you should do, success is solely measured by getting to the graphics card before the other guy does, and if you die it doesn't matter at all.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
To expand upon the previous point, rushing the wipe was a joy not only because profiteering on the gunsmith parts made you very rich, but also because from time to time a gamer would message you about it

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Been thinkin' about tarkov some advice i can give to the new folks from my vast experience hyper sperging in tarkov for so long.

I think if I had to impart one piece of advice that people would actually follow it is to ALWAYS use THE BEST AMMO.

Skimping on ammo is the worst possible thing to skimp on. In the most general terms, what is the point of a shooting game where you cant harm the people you shoot? It is absurd.

In more quantifiable terms, good ammo is expensive but good armor is much more expensive. Spending 30k on ammo will mean you are depriving a well geared adversary of 300k worth of armor, you are getting 10x more value than you paid. He is no better off than if he wasn't wearing armor at all.

The corollary to this which is the hard part, is to get better at aiming and shooting people. The better you are at aiming and shooting people the less ammo you need, and the less costly using good ammo becomes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I’ve always ditched labs cards on scavs if I wasnt 100% sure I’d get them out

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 30, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Sultan Tarquin posted:

cause gently caress other people

have u ever seen the screen names of people in tarkov? gently caress em

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They ought to make a spinoff game with the tarkov weapon modding stuff and keep all the poo poo they cribbed from coutnerstrike and fortnight with the levitation-glide side strafe fighting, toss in some GamerScore and GearScore MatchMaker CompetitiveGamerStream stuff and then put tarkov back the way it used to be, get rid of the gamerfication, and let the two evolve separately.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Huntsman path cold blooded is the stupid quest in this goddamn loving waste of a game WHY DOES IT TAKE FORTY FUCKIN SECONDS FOR THE TREMOR TO KICK IN WHY DO YOU MAKE A QUEST THAT SCREAMS "GO DO IT ON FACTORY" AND THEN MAKE THAT HAPPEN? EVERYONE IS DEAD BEFORE FORTY SECONDS HAVE PASSED IN FACTORY I HAVE GOTTEN A MILLION HEADSHOTS WITH A BROKEN ARM BUT NOPE NO CREDIT, TREMOR IS TAKING ITS SWEET rear end loving TIME

gently caress

No you're wrong.

To get tremor all you need to be is dehydrated.

You can dehydrate with painkillers, you can also use painkillers to remove all the annoying screen effects from it.

Its basically a quest to 'get headshots while having a slow dot on your health you need to periodically heal through' and factory is a lovely place to do it compared to other maps where its easier to aim at peoples heads.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The sks is bad, it has bad sights and too much recoil

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ixtlilton posted:

what gun should someone who's level 3 and has no inventory use, haki?

A vepr from their scav or a kedr, the kedr at least has good sights.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mesadoram posted:

This would make me so happy.

It used to be, you could do pp19 and cobra from the start but they vandalized it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The vandalism to scavs being there is shameful!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Pharmaskittle posted:

lmao that would mean the sun rises in the west and sets in the east because that's how I oriented myself to the map early on

who is eastern europe now fool!!!!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Just Chamber posted:

Wtf, just tried to flea my Rye croutons which after looking at the wiki seem pointless to keep and there were zero people selling them so I thought gently caress it and put them up for 100k and they instantly sold :|. So yea if you find Rye croutons just put them up on the market for stupid money and see what happens I guess?

edit: I'm assuming I'm not missing something and they aren't super important for some reason? I know you can use them as part of a recipe to craft Tushonka but still, 100k?

You probably paid 97k listing fee to list them for 100k, you might even have paid more than 100k and lost rounbles.

It’s a idiotic vestigial system the idiot devs used to try to limit the prices of flipping vendor items before they vandalized the flea market, and they were too lazy or stupid to bother revising it.

Unsurprisingly to anyone with a brain, people would charge 50k more for the item to make 5k more from flipping it. Like say, you’d buy your allotment of 10 doodads for 10k each and could list them for 50k each and pay a 20k listing fee, or list them for 100k each and pay a 65k listing fee. You’d get 5k more for loving the buyer out of 50k more roubles so that’s how it went.

And even though people can’t buy and flip doodads anymore, the Russian price control system is still in place and is why you got hosed out of your croutons so bad.

e: just saw the above post lol. That’s why you both lost your croutons and also lost 51k. Rip.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Vahakyla posted:

Every single streamer seems to be some turbo idiot gamer type. I watched a few of em during drops and they’d stand in the middle of suicide fields, get absolutely owned by some dude on the hillside shooting them, then scream ”drat cheaters”.

Then 400 people in chat would agree ”yeah really suspicious the game has gone down a lot lately”

And then they get 500$ donation.

I genuinely do not loving understand.

It’s streamers that’s what they’re like.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Lesgoon posted:

Therapist's insurance fee is around 10 percent. Prapor is around 5 iirc, but slower return

Main therapist thing is that she stores the items longer, 7 days instead of 4 or something like that.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Lesgoon posted:

I really don't see the point in nerfing the barters that profit 10k roubles. Most of them are limited anyway so it's not like people are becoming millionaires. It's mostly just a waste of clicks when you could be, you know, playing the game and clicking mans

It’s to show how hard working and industrious the developers are, to prove they aren’t lazy poo poo hacks see.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Next wipe the gunsmith quests are going to require the gun and all its parts to be enchanted.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
i use the computer speakers

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

what kind of sick person doesn't let somebody complete delivery from the past

Gamers

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Inspector_666 posted:

My lukewarm take is that aside from The Collector and maybe some of the Ragman items, you should be able to craft everything you need FIR for quests.

A better way to do it is the way they used to do it, 'find in raid' enchantment didnt exist and wasn't needed for the quests.

I can begrudgingly accept the logic of attaching some enchantment to flea market sales, but for the quests it is disgusting and tedious.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mesadoram posted:

I am not sure if he cheats, I don't think he does... but what do I know?

Being a streamer is 1000 times worse than being a cheater so what difference does it make?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

sum posted:

Most of the quests in the game would just turn into "earn money" in that case. I think the real problem is that the most quests are arbitrary hoops you have to jump through that don't enrich the game play. They badly need to overhaul them.

The reason it was so much better before than now is that there was more than one thing to do.

You could go find the item yourself if you wanted, or you could do what you liked to get money to buy it, or you could find the item yourself and sell it to someone else and use the money to do what you liked.

Now its 'wait for the mobile phone game timer to finish to get the item' and 'you died so the item has lost its magic enchantment and your progress is reset' and its repugnant.

Vandalizing the quests was one of the first big victories for the reddophile and the streamer in tarkov.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Cage Kicker posted:

Your entire justification for changing certain quests is "its annoying and I don't like it" are you surprised people don't find that valid or worthy? When did people go from "I need to get good at doing this annoying quest" to "the game is broken and needs to be fixed because I find advancement difficult"

gamer spotted

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
you get like a half dozen m4s as quest rewards all with enchantments

in fact im pretty sure the punisher quest before the one you need an m4 for gives you an m4?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
here's the wiki page on the m4 has it all

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

sum posted:

It definitely did not sound like an in-game line, it was a guy doing like the fey gamer callout voice and I'm pretty sure he said "I thought I saw a BEAR over there" and then "He was on metal" like 5 seconds later. I wasn't really paying attention that well to exactly what he was saying but it sounded exactly like hearing one side of a Discord call, so much so that my initial reaction was that my Discord had somehow accidentally joined a room. Also I was wearing a Korund and had just sprinted over a downed fence.

Reddit seems to think that I'm a ~lying karmawhore~ but my best guess is that that guy had somehow enabled a prox voice chat feature that they had developed but have had on ice. I sent the guy I killed a friend invite, I'll try to get his side of it.

There is no such feature you were hearing the guy spam voice lines

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Jack B Nimble posted:

This is my first wipe, has there always been this gradual ramp up of crafting costs? Are the crafts at the start of a wipe generally the same as the end of the last wipe?

They are some of the hardest working devs in the business

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Inspector_666 posted:

I mean I don't expect a good solution, but upping the blue fuel trade by 1 pineapple every week is a stunningly hilarious way to go about this.

They work their butts off they work so hard these developers

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Are the wipes at any specific interval or is it just whenever the devs release some new feature or randomly decide that too many players are at level X?

I just recently got the game and they don't seem to have any info about them on their website or in the OP here but they are mentioned in like every post.

sometimes they do a wipe

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Tarkov was released years ago

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The wise developers know that if they let people in labs then people would get too much money people in tarkov cant get much money or it would ruin the gamE.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The wise developers know that if people could go into labs they could get raider gear and they cant let them get raider gear or it would ruin the gamE.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

bird cooch posted:

I just thought Labs was a money sink

Game used to have huge money sinks but it was contrary to the developers vision so they took them out and got rid of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
One of the biggest quest changes they have planned is to make every quest involving any sort of item work like the customs/factory quest where you have to find it in one raid and place it in another different raid without dying, or else start over.