Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

I'm still caching up on this thread, and this is from two months ago, so I don't even know if this has been posted yet, but what the hell:

You're So Party Let's Go Dancey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days September 20, 1956

I'm still a couple months behind, but this would make a kick-rear end avatar. One of Beeman's few good ones.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

EasyEW posted:

Toonerville Folks (March 18-20, 1918)

Well, shoot, now that the Skipper's Wife is my new favorite character, I might have to change my screen name

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Today is Thanksgiving, as I continue to catch up, I'm thankful that "Mary Worth" decided to keep making GBS threads on Wilbur. Legit did a fist pump at that second panel

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (May 23, 1948)

I love Roary Dhu, he's so quintessentially Irish. Just ridiculous jokes all the way.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Hostile V posted:

It's hosed up how Snout fucks more than Gunther.

Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew. Ew. I'm so mad at you right now

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

dismas posted:

The powerful Katrinka is the only woman for me

Hey, baby 😘

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Tiggum posted:

So... why are you stopping? :crossarms:

Heloise recognizes them as members of a tribe that doesn't have regular/any contact with the modern world, and is concerned that they're lost and vulnerable.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

God this is dumb.

I sadly can kind of relate to this stupid comic: my friend's relative briefly became a minor national story, and the family wasn't happy. I got to see some of it firsthand, it is surreal to be hear CNN leave a message on someone's answering machine

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Zereth posted:

As a non fashion person, IS Dustin's outfit particularly bad?

Mikl posted:

It's not. It's not something I would call "dress to impress" but it's a nice outfit, and good for almost all situations.

Sigh, I'm going to be that person...

It's not a good outfit. Brown/tan and black are neutrals, and generally when you mix neutrals you want to do it in at least one piece--for example, shoes or a shirt with both brown and black to tie the two neutrals together, and then you can riff from there. Jewelry tends to follow the same rule, if you're wearing silver/white gold and yellow gold together, it's best to wear a two-tone piece like earrings or a watch, and then add your other single-color pieces.

Also Dustin is wearing khaki shorts and a long-sleeve jersey, a very casual outfit. I wear men's cargo shorts almost exclusively in summer, and I don't wear them if I want to look anything approaching "nice"

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Earl and Opal still gently caress, good for them

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Okay, imagine being Gunther's step-dad. Imagine you willingly married into that

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Merry Christmas, everyone who celebrates it!

Eat a dick, Ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Samovar posted:

Ta for the words of encouragement - haven't felt this chuffed online since I was told folk actually liked my voice-acting.

Blueberry! While it is a pretty good rollicking adventure story - and having listened to Dogs Must Die podcast, I admit it does remind me a but of JoJo in the problem-solving and tricking people plots. I hope people don't mind my editorial approach as opposed to the literalist approach (since it definitely was editorialized when translated to Swedish). I can assure you that the story is pretty much the same (except when I feel that it has to be addressed, e.g. Jim not being shot, but the gunmen simply not noticing, or Blueberry giving a solitary gently caress for the well-being or appreciation of Alistair, and then I will draw attention to the changes as well as my reasonings for them), and it has been good help for my Swedish vocab. If only it could help with my pronunciation...

Sax Rohmer-esque

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy Blueberry, and your translations are professional-level, and I'm not just saying that because you got me hooked on Corto Maltese. (My birthday is coming up and I may just have to treat myself to a collection or two) The dialogue sounds very natural, I appreciate that you're striving to translate the tone as well as the words, and you do a remarkable job