Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

HOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLL

https://twitter.com/photowhitehouse/status/1352982385453891584?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

tmfc posted:

clean glass is satisfying glass

What a lovely piece

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There are cross state brands, but I believe their production facilities are all in the same state the product is distributed. There's at least one international brand, although the name is different in the US and Canada.

e you're correct that it's rich people only, the only rags to riches stories in the industry are people who manage to make themselves necessary to big operations

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Weed

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

These fuckers even test for nicotine, THC wouldn't surprise me

Lol I quit a job interview when I saw they tested for nicotine, absolutely unamerican

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lavender Jones

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

tmfc posted:

maybe not I think you need to decarb it first now that I'm reading more

I thought it was either heat or time, but maybe you do need heat no matter what

Yes you need heat; you could decarb the concentrate in an oven or whatever and then extract it basically as you described

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

I want someone to science out for me the max saturation of cannabis-coconut oil. What ratio do I need and what is the smallest amount of oil I can use to launch me into space? I think last time I used an 1oz:1cup but can I do less? Can I do 1oz:0.5cup without sacrificing any thc?

You can go as heavy or light as you'd like. I have a little glass dish I drop the desired amount of concentrate in, then I just put in enough coconut oil to submerge it, then I pop that in an oven at 200⁰ for an hour. You see a billion different temperature and time recommendations, but that seems to be roughly correct based on how badly my brownies and milkshakes have crippled myself and my coworkers. You can use way more oil, hell do a whole bottle, or way less or more hash, etc and you can pretty closely dial in the strength per mL.

I'd recommend eating a whole gram once. As long as you're off the next day.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

But there's gotta be a point at which there's no room left in the fat and the THC has nothing to bind to and would then be wasted right? I wanna min/max and eat the tiniest amount of oil and just blast off

Def gonna try eating a gram!

I'm not sure that matters, after all, you could eat distillate if you wanted to, and that's just hash. You'd be brushing your teeth with coconut oil for the rest of the day, but you'd be high as poo poo

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

tmfc posted:

doing this next time i buy concentrate, gonna grab an extra gram just to infuse and eat and get incredibly hosed up with

Seriously I had to call out the next day and just slept for like 36 hours lmao

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol when he just desperately tries to eat it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hairy Marionette posted:

Concentrates can’t be absorbed via the digestive tract?

Not unless they have been decarboxylated

e you can eat distillate, for some mysterious reason that's already decarbed

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 22:31 on Feb 4, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This is always so stunning to me, so I went and figured out what it was. It's a floor mosaic in Alexandria, and the tiles are little cubes, 1-4 mm wide. From two thousand years ago, depicting something you can see people posting pictures of today. I watched videos of dogs knocking stuff over last night, it makes me laugh every time, and it did the same thing to this Egyptian, 2,000 years ago, enough that he planned out this intricate mosaic.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ok I didn't realize

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I would like to see some weed polls

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Only have a few weeks of weed left and cops are still busting people selling left and right during a pandemic. :sigh:

How odorless can you make indoor grows, anyway?

They're going to smell towards the end, but you can do your darndest with a good air recycler and carbon filter. After that the thing you have to worry about is your power bill.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A Bakers Cousin posted:

im sorry i was just making a bad joke please don't flush litter...unless you have that flushable stuff...

Look what you've done

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I change the water every time because I spilled it in the loving cabinet once

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Do not put cat litter in your bong

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I've been using marihuanist this whole time when cannibal was right there

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Snortable weed when

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I love this lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Is that the whole thing or does a tank or something go on top like an e cig

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I wonder if it ever happens again

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Weedenk

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

jack herer is the best strain

Man it's up there. It has some excellent crosses too, anything related to it rules

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

I am high, on weed

Excellent work, keep it up

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What is the thing that goes on the top of a hookah pipe, where the coals go? I need a small one for a weird piece I've acquired

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ok here's the situation, I'm using a device called a chalice, it's something I've never seen before but I guess it's a traditional rasta piece of some kind. The coal is meant to go in a chamber on top, where I'm figuring I can rig the hookah bit, which connects to the main chamber of the pipe via a tube where you stuff the weed. The idea is to light the coal, get it going, then you're inhaling the hot air through the weed and I'm assuming vaporizing the THC. There's a few things I can still try if I can't find the part I'm imagining, but Im going to comb the local hookah suppliers tomorrow, I bet I'll find it. I definitely won't be able to find the specific part I'm actually missing

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I buy ugly hash if I see it, I can't help it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

cannot imagine willingly handling a blowtorch while high holy s hit

That's what it ultimately came down to for me, the souffle torch probably uses gas faster or whatever, but I've never had to buy a refill and accidentally dropping it will not result in my death

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Chinatown posted:

*packs bong with ground weed with the consistency of talcum powder*

Oh you mean the best kind

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Is a weed cigar just a blunt or something different

I suppose a blunt is more like a cigarillo, but cigar is basically what they call it when they want to charge a bunch more

e and I can't imagine a cured weed leaf would make for a good paper, it should either be tobacco or whatever they actually roll cigars in, but there would be riots (and you can't sell nicotine and thc in the same place here)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

The weed cigar was was 100% a splurge to celebrate (graduated nursing school! got a job at an ICU! got vaccinated!). They use one of my favorite growers (Gold Leaf) and to be honest the experience was really nice. Probably won't do it again unless I'm celebrating but I'd say it was worth the $75 for a treat. I got the idea from someone in this thread!

big kitty time

Wtf is that cat

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

did you post a pic of it. does it just look like a cigar??

Lovelyn posted:

Went inside a weed store and ordered in person, wow

they're cool they're just too pricey for me, good for a celebration

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/fembojj/status/1366560106033332224

i feel called out by this but also mids just do not exist in legal states anymore

Yes and no, cheap shake ounces are basically mids

they're still pretty good though

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Ok so 10 grams in a small pan of brownies is not enough. I may need a t break. Going to try 15 or 20 grams next time.

Of flower? Use concentrates for brownies, you can titrate the strength really well

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

How does the taste compare between flower edibles vs concentrate edibles?

I don't get any/much weed taste; I'm sure there's some there, but I'm not good enough to detect it, and it's certainly nothing compared to using super dark green butter or something.

One gram concentrate, liquid coconut oil
Pour coconut oil into an oven safe bowl with the hash
220⁰ for an hour, stir like halfway through to make sure it's mixed up
You now have activated coconut oil you can use as a 1:1 substitute for vegetable oil in basically any recipe that calls for it, or you can just add it to whatever. You can also change your concentrate to coconut oil ratio relatively freely to make it as powerful as you want.

This is the whey

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

What's the most powerful you've ever made it?

Pretty strong, a gram to less than half a cup prob, it was still very liquid-y

e I stirred that into a milkshake and slept for two days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

tmfc posted:

stoners