Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

They sell helicopter building kits for somewhere between 20-30k that you just assemble yourself. pretty neat.

please tell me the kit is Amazon Basics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

So, I want to just give this dude the deposit on the land with a reciept, clear it for my soil scientist dude to do the perc test then have my legal team draft the contract cause I'm tired of waiting.

Please, seek legal counsel on the land purchasing thing, that's definitely A Lawyer Thing

Please do it so you can keep updating the rest of the crazy saga :cheersbird:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

UCS Hellmaker posted:

The draw of an ambulance is the electrical is all upgraded with a more powerful inverter with idle system set for power production and reduced engine wear and gas usage. Along with a built-in 240 input for stationary charging and use. And since they are built to defined known standards and have strict maintenance requirements you can know what your getting. Get a duramax engine and it won't die.

A little more money but cut out all that risky electrical stuff your kill yourself with if you do it wrong, and have built in storage inside and outside! :science:

Your advice is actually really cool, thanks!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

Interesting story, I was once saving up for a business idea where I would make sapphires and rubies. IIRC it was like a 20k investment and involved an oxygen torch.

this isn't a rabbithole, it's like a fuckin ant colony with crazy side tunnels you can still get lost in, and i'm here for it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Otacon posted:

PM me your address and I will send you as much poop as you want

<insert Mitch Mcconell's address here>

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Otacon posted:

Ziplock bags are okay right?

i was gonna just go with tinfoil but i think you're on to something

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Digital Prophet posted:

I made a :grovertruk: but I already bought ads and I'm not going to buy a smilie also.

:perfect:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

Now hopefully I can sit back and relax a bit and refocus into the financial simulator I was intending it to be.

Please keep like a Captain's log of this, it'll be like a Let's Play of your entire saga

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

nice

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

It actually seems to help my back.

i'm with you there, the best way to stretch my back is to just lie flat on a hard surface for a little bit.

not with you on not washing your linens though, we need a LaundroHaus added to your construction plans homie, i got 5 on it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

I will probably just get a wash tub and wringer.

I use to just use a 5 gallon bucket or a sink and just plunger it in detergent then cook the clothes in the oven to dry them when I was in college. It actually got them cleaner than a traditional washer. They have manual laundry spinners now, so I might do that.

I actually own a manual laundry spinner! Was gonna rec you try one out

It saved my rear end at the beginning of the pandemic. It's broke 3 separate times and currently has a screwdriver as a handle, but it still works. The price disparity between ours, which I think was maybe a bill, versus a foot powered one, was like $200, was loving absurd

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

Can you put a large fluffy blanket or sleeping back in it?

Sleeping bag possibly, fluffy blanket probably not

Rytheric posted:

Yo I completely forgot these bad boys existed!

This will make a good wash bucket and wringer.

lmfao

Not wrong, though

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

Sorry everyone I somehow locked this thread at midnight and honestly don't know how I did it. Hope it doesn't happen again lol

I saw that it was locked and legit was like :ohdear:

Glad it's not cause you fell in a vast underground reservoir of poo while looking for gold pressed latinum

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

mewse posted:

Seriously. I made a rough blueprint of the new design

my god

it's beautiful

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric and the AwfulCompound

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

Here is a glimpse of my stalled woodshed.

Started bringing in the doors to dry. I didn't see any damage yet. I have to decide where to put my workbench on the land of MurderHaus. I was thinking of just creating a lean-to type structure for it to reside under. It doesn't have a top because it was suppose to essentially be a boat making workbench and the joists are station markers that I attach the frame supports to. Before I closed shop, I had made a few odds and ends such as a clothes rack and bookcase a few more things for various women I've dated and a couple sail boat rudders.

All of your photos look like there's a shower blasting out steam right out of frame, lol

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i knew as soon as Motronic started posting in here that the timer for people saying he was being mean and getting upset had begun :allears:

Snowy posted:

I was thinking 70s Penthouse photography

if there was an abundance of those see through glass brick things i think this would be :discourse:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

But it's all the dimensions I needed.

wait how many dimensions goes GroverTruk have??

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Space Kablooey posted:

how many dimensions do you got

2 for 5, 5 for 2. they got garbage dimensions down the way!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Motronic posted:

Look, I ran afoul of this thread so I've come back to make amends. Comments like this aren't constructive at all. I know, because I made them too.

What we need are real solutions for Rys problems, and sitting around shitposting isn't going to make this happen.

I have begun my experiments in how to use a power saw without all the noise. In this first attempt I've tried to duplicate the things Ry will have access to on his job site and removed the battery from the saw so you know I'm not trying to pull a fast one on any of you.

The setup needs a bit of work, but it's seriously almost perfect as it is. Just a few clamps and it should be totally efficient.

https://i.imgur.com/Uuei2iV.gifv

:lmao:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Why are your so attached to GroverTruk, Ry? Honest question, like, it's a money pit and you should sell it, but you're not gonna. We're accepting that(as long as you are safe please be safe) Tell us why!

Are the bones of an ancient astrological/defecatory tribe welded to the undercarriage? Does your soul reside in the engine while your mortal coil is forced to toil endlessly on the containment vessel?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

Why are your so attached to GroverTruk, Ry? Honest question, like, it's a money pit and you should sell it, but you're not gonna. We're accepting that(as long as you are safe please be safe) Tell us why!

Are the bones of an ancient astrological/defecatory tribe welded to the undercarriage? Does your soul reside in the engine while your mortal coil is forced to toil endlessly on the containment vessel?

yo don't ignore my question! why is this truck so special?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ellie the beep posted:

rytheric you still havent explained *why* you are soulbonded to the truck you got scammed into buying, merely *that* you are

THIS

What's the story behind the attachment to the truck, homie?! I'm fuckin dying here! I don't want to talk you out of it I just want to knowwwwwww

Also, get yourself a fuckin Instant Pot once you figure out your power situation, so you're not spending upwards of $480 per week on fast food

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

why the gently caress are you talking to the loving cops? stop talking to cops. don't show them your sconces, don't show them your sharpened chisels, only show them the piss well if you plan on pushing them in and leaving them there(mods this is a joke)

:boston:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

um excuse me posted:

Is that based on something or do you interpret ACAB literally? It seems like you're bringing some baggage into your posting that doesn't really add anything useful.

if you don't interpret :acab: literally you're an idiot, hth

Rytheric posted:

My boss is a 20 year retired patrolman, and my other room mate was a sheiffs deputy for several years. I've gone to dinner with several of the officers in the area as a result. Plus I am generally a known quantity everywhere I go for various reasons. I typically establish good relations with the popo and local government. I'm not a bootlicker by any stretch of the means but I am rather personable in real life and the games I play.

what do you think "good relations" with cops is going to get you? cause they're not your friends, and they're going to gently caress your life so hard when you stop living under your idiot boss's protection

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Oh hell yes tell us the weed story

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

I dont drink sugar because I my diabetes.

you have got to be murdershitting me

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

Its not that bad honestly.. I was reversing my diabetes precovid pretty well. but I decided to hold off my treatment incase others needed medical treatment last year. Then my insurance switched this year so once I straighten that out I will be back on track again.

there is no way in gently caress that you are "reversing your diabetes ... pretty well" when you were, before this thread, eating upwards of 10k of sodium every day. like, you're eating fast food as your primary source of caloric intake. do you know how much sugar is in a loving mcgriddle or whatever the gently caress?

you also know like.. you can't straight up reverse T2D, right? you can go into remission, but symptoms can (and most likely will) come back at some point.

god loving damnit dude, go to a loving doctor, go loving YESTERDAY.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

I just need to lock my money up again and find time to shop.

and go to a doctor

you have health insurance dude, seriously, schedule a goddamn appointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Motronic posted:

Those things come out of WELLS? Holy poo poo. I never knew.

(seriously, you need to explain this)

*puts on construction hat*

another fine day, time to go back to the solar panel farm mines