Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

mehall posted:

Some of you may wish to know that Twitter no longer has need of a certain engaging and high-impact poster

https://twitter.com/psflaps

Banned for being a loving TERF.

Now this has made my loving day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

OwlFancier posted:

Do you go doublegay if you're already gay before the jab? Like gay squared? Gay 2: hypergay?

What about if you inject a frog, does it become extra froggy?

I'll let you know on Saturday, it'll be interesting considering I'm already gay and trans

Rumda fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 4, 2021

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Guavanaut posted:

Ok which of you did this?

Yeah it's amazing, I just wish I'd thought of it first.
Though at least link the Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laurieoconnel/lichcraft-an-rpg-about-trans-necromancers

Rumda fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 5, 2021

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

My issue with multigeneration households is that living with my parents hosed me right off and i was glad to be out of there

Yeah it was only after being out of my parents house for a few years that I was able to actually be me for the first time

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Gort posted:

Do you have to be registered with a medical practice to get the corona vaccine? I ask 'cause I honestly can't remember where I'm registered (last place I was sure about was about 15 years ago) and my local medical practice is pretty terrible about getting in touch for registration matters - it's basically just, "Call us during business hours" which is the least convenient way I could imagine to sort something like this out.

Mine was sorted out through work but then I work in a healthcare setting, and it's currently making my Sunday hell.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
He may even hit embattled

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Besides the absolute specifics of this one case are irrelevant and I'm arguing the general principle that SIR SIR SIR SIR SIR HE BROKE THE RULES SIR SIR SIR SIR SIR is the reaction of a Daily Mail reader.

Yeah it is honestly disgusting behavior and beneath what I would have expected from most people in this thread

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Strom Cuzewon posted:

All those quotes have people saying that he's putting people at risk, which is a very different motivation than "omg he broke the rules".

They might be right, they might be wrong, but i think you're misrepresenting what are earnestly held beliefs

It's still grassing

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Don't worry I'll get him.

you are the reason I said most people

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Grassing people in to the police is grassing people into the police. If you would do if for a doctor not following social distancing guidelines you are more likely to to it for someone stealing food to live, or vandalizing an abusive landlords property.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
and maybe when the time comes to it that your neighbor is trans, because the law says that they are all dangerous predators

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

therattle posted:

Peanut butter filled pretzels are loving amazing

I don’t really buy that. One activity places people at real risk; the ones you’ve posted don’t. As someone has said, it’s about the motivation. To punish someone or protect property isn’t the same as protecting people’s lives.

Its still the same behavior. Its still turning people over to the power of an vicious and uncaring state

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Mebh posted:

Plus he pisses a lot of my colleagues off.

they
They are a trash girl from the gender dumpster

Rumda fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 11, 2021

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

I realise you're an ethnonationalist idiot but a genuine Galaxy Brain Meme moment most politically aware people have at some point in their lives is that Britain is actually pretty good.

If your soul was floating down to earth and you were gonna be gay or trans then the UK would be a good spot to aim for. If you were gonna be a woman it would be a good spot to aim for. If you were gonna be disabled it would be a good spot to aim for. This is objectively true if measured against almost any other place a soul might happen to land.

I realise you've probably already been bodied for this poo poo by now but seriously gently caress you this can't be said enough gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Vitamin P posted:

If you were gonna be disabled it would be a good spot to aim for.
Also
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/13/new-do-not-resuscitate-orders-imposed-on-covid-19-patients-with-learning-difficulties

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I mean the correct analogy to Jewish people thinking Corbyn was going to put them in camps is to TERF bs, if they are spouting it they are either spreading lies and hatred maliciously or are so catastrophically ill-informed that they may as well be doing it maliciously

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jose posted:

i think grant morrison inflicts all his sexual fantasies on his fans who read his stuff

edit: was thinking of garth ennis

Grant Morrison uses They/Them if your going to slander them don't misgender them as well.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

fridge corn posted:

It's good to correct people when they use the incorrect pronouns but please dont be a dick about it

Na gently caress off with that, poo poo like this with people not giving a poo poo is the constant lowscale grinding down of trans people which makes the bigger things hurt more

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necrothatcher posted:

I've been a massive Grant Morrison fan for like 20 years and had absolutely no idea that they preferred they/them pronouns.

It was literally all over every newsfeed with any interests even tangentially connected to gender or comics in last year, and it was posted in the ukmt at the time as well

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necrothatcher posted:

Well I know now and will use them in future. Bit poo poo to be so needlessly hostile about it though.

Na I've had it with giving the cis any sort of latitude it lets you get away with way too much

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Hey when you all jump in with a lovely troll to attack a trans woman

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It wasn't even hostile

Unless an implied "I disagree with your opinion" is hostile now

Na a minority exasperatedly pointing out microaggressions is automatically hostile

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jakabite posted:

Mods!!!!

It was a needlessly hostile way to deal with it by Rumda when it’s clear Jose didn’t even know but let’s cut Rumda some slack - trans people get a poo poo deal so let’s not pile on.

Way to take a lovely centrist position...

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jakabite posted:

Mods!!!!

It was a needlessly hostile way to deal with it by Rumda when it’s clear Jose didn’t even know but let’s cut Rumda some slack - trans people get a poo poo deal so let’s not pile on.

E: do you consider accidental misgendering, when the person literally didn’t know that the person had recently switched pronouns, to be a micro aggression? I feel that’s a little harsh.

Yes of course it is, if you do it knowing their preferred pronouns then it's a straight up full aggression

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jakabite posted:

Yeah, but I assumed that required it being literally possible for the person to do otherwise. Sorry I’m not calling for people to have psychic knowledge/an hourly updated ledger of every famous person they might talk about’s pronouns.

When makes it especially lovely is to keep treating it like it was hostile when even the person who it was directed to has apologised for thinking it was

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Communist Thoughts posted:

Does changing your pronouns to they them make you trans?

Genuine question I wouldn't have thought of someone who just asks to be called that as trans
Are all NB people considered trans not cis?

As Space Invader said not necessarily, however misgendering someone and then people not even involved acting pissy when it is pointed out is both transphobic, enbyphobic and just lovely.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Guavanaut posted:

I'm fine if someone wants to use they/them pronouns for me, but then again I'm fine if someone wants to use Mx. on a form for me, because my hot take is that's half the idea of having a neutral, it's neither right nor wrong unless stated otherwise (the other half being NB or agender/neutral people who use those identifiers as a positive identifier rather than a lack of explicit identifier.)

People getting performatively outraged over the existence of a singular they makes even less sense than most of the pyrographic gender takes factory we've had over the last few years. Like if someone says "where's Guavanaut?" and someone else says "they're at the bar" then everyone gets what is meant, my gender isn't changed, and my chromosomes and or gonads don't magically turn into a Judith Butler anthology and scurry across the floor to start switching all the bathroom signs, it's just a less gendered way of using English.
Though also using gender neutral for someone regularly when you know they don't identity as gender neutral or with those terms is also misgendering them, for example I'm in a running battle with my GP for them to stop using Mx for me which in my case is just as wrong as Mr but they keep not changing it to Ms even though they say they are going to.

Guavanaut posted:

I was fortunate and just had a sore arm for a couple of days and a bit of a sore throat/nose/ear tubes but nothing more, I guess it's variable, but I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I'm slightly more anxious about the second dose in April.

I had the Oxford vaccine a couple of weeks back nearly and I felt awful for the next couple of days, and the sore arm has only just gone down.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Now this is one that is completely ruined by trying to include everything, a much better one would have been must contain tea, must contain leaves, must contain any material. You could even keep the preparation catagories the same...

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Jose posted:

Terfs appear to be having some sort of meltdown about the census

Yeah it's been happening for a while now they are angry that they have a question asking if you're trans on it

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

bump_fn posted:

when people back home ask me how brexit and covid etc are going i’m just gonna send them this

https://twitter.com/bumpfn/status/1363133887866617856

no the best thing to come out last year was me

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

can we please not get updated on every single thing this complete failure of a human being does, he is less than an irrelevance now, it only serves to remind us of the hate he had stirred up

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Dogatron posted:

You do realise Greece is a republic?

Yeah but it wasn't always

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Sport is culture, crappy reality TV is culture, lovely transphobic fantasy novels are culture everything people create to entertain, compete, inform or distinguish themselves is culture.

Culture is and should be value neutral in and of itself.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
My issue with a lot of media, fiction movies games whatever is that it's way too straight, whereas I can play a ttRPG and know it's going to have at least one extremely gay character

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

therattle posted:

I’m surprised this thread isn’t going to dismiss such data as being irrevocably tainted by ethnonationalism and immediately call for a boycott until another more acceptable country reproduces the results.

This is a bad post and you should feel bad for making it. Seriously even graded on your personal bell curve this is at the far low end.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

therattle posted:

In hindsight, I am getting the sense that what was intended as a joke about how reflexively hostile this thread was to Israel (such that even data from there would be rejected) was perhaps a tad ill-judged.

You think it perhaps might have been ill-judged? It wasn't immediately obvious that making a joke about a group of people routinely smeared for being antisemitic being antisemites was a bad plan?

What are you going to do for an encore? Make a joke about me being a sexual predator?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

therattle posted:

Oh, I will say it plainly: I think in some quarters the intense criticism Israel draws is due in part (large, small or otherwise) due to anti-semitism. In other quarters (and I'd class this thread as that) it's not. That's why I said that this thread probably wasn't a fair recipient for my comment.

I think large part of why you think the vitriol is so intense is you are going in thinking any criticism is going to be biased on antisemitism so you ascribed to it more ill intent than to other criticism.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

therattle posted:

I don't think that's really true. I genuinely don't believe that most criticism of Israel is based on antisemitism. It's all pretty much warranted. What I am not sure is warranted is what I have observed which is Israel being used as the epitome of an evil regime, and the sheer vitriol which other, equally deserving (at least in my view) states don't really seem to get. Like I said, I had a lot of Zionist indoctrination growing up, so perhaps I am seeing something that isn't there (but I don't think so) . And maybe I don't see that same vitriol applied to other states like Saudi as much because I don't move in those circles, or because Saudi isn't thought to be controversial in the same way so there isn't something to be reacted against. But that I am not convinced. Maybe I don't want to be.

you intellectually know its warranted but upbringing has long lasting and deep effects

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

therattle posted:

It is also a very macho culture. It felt like there were only two ways to be a man in South Africa (only one of which was acceptable), and neither of them were me. I was uncomfortable in my masculinity there (and for many years alter as a result). I didn't think I was gay but I wasn't a "real man" either, and those were really the only two options.

Of course, growing up it all felt pretty normal...

I know you probably know this now and are just stating feelings from back then but gender identity and sexual orientation have very little to do with each other. And that same binary stoped me from admitting I was trans in my teens. (And then not feeling I was trans enough stoped me in my 20s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Eurgh these fucks are still going...