Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

exquisite tea posted:

Javik was definitely one of the best things about Mass Effect 3. I can’t believe EA partitioned him off as DLC!

Missed out on him and all the DLC since my brother and I felt pretty burned by the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

quote:

New Shepard Customizations: With improved hair, makeup, eye color and skin tones you can create your Shepard in a unified character creator with all options available across the full trilogy, or choose to play as the iconic Femshep from Mass Effect 3 now available in all titles.

Excited to see the new monstrosities people create.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Bholder posted:

Is it me or Pinnacle Station is missing on the list of DLCs?

They lost the source code so didn't redo it.

It got corrupted or something during ps3 development.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

They can't change the ME3 ending because ME4 is us putting Shepard back together again.

Going to make his first name Humpty.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Elotana posted:

There were some whispers of them changing combat to be more like ME3 is that going to happen or is it just a graphical upgrade?

Charge/Nova was fun

They didn't go that drastic with the combat changes, but they added:

improved aim assist
a button for melee
weapons rebalanced
removed of class-based weapon restrictions and aim penalties
improved squad AI
better Mako control

plus:

In-scope aim smoothing
Cover pass (Per Bioware: In ME1, the cover pass includes improvements to AI pathing, adding cover options for some encounters and fixing certain cover points that were previously broken in legacy. This also includes better behavior overall for squad and enemies to use cover appropriately.)
Rebalanced XP for level 60 cap in one playthrough
More consistent autosaves
Improved boss encounters
Improved cool down for first aid
Unified minigames across platforms

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

We'll bang later, ok?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

What squad mates did everyone frequently use?

Best bro Garrus was always on my team across the three games.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

The best thing in ME3 is your squad interacts with each other on the Normandy between missions instead of standing in their corners for the whole game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu9_HG_Nhck

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

See this was awesome BUT

For some reason they forgot to make Ashley move around the ship. She stays in Samara’s old room the whole game, gets drunk with Vega off screen, and never interacts with anyone. Real weird!

She's camping in there to avoid talking to the aliens because she's a space racist.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 7, 2021

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Two Mass Effect threads? This is getting out hand.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I've been thinking of choices I should make this go around and I think I've settled on being a gently caress up.

I played as a paragon male solider who did basically a perfect run, so for the remaster I'll be a renegade female adept(?) who's just terrible. Skip recruiting Garrus, kill Wrex etc.

Edit: hmmm going to have to look up the minimum number of party members needed to make it through the suicide mission and who the worst ones to keep alive are. Jacob obviously makes the cut.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 28, 2021

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Close to it. Jolee and Mission die regardless because the game forces you to kill them if you go evil. I think Zalbaar is like 50/50 depending on whether you can mind trick him into killing Mission for you, and I think if you pass the check he’ll stick with you. Carth runs away like a little bitch and you never see him again.

T3-M3 doesn’t give a gently caress because he’s a droid, while HK-47’s all “Oh THERE you are, master. I’m happy to see you’ve gotten off your weird morality bender. Welcome back, sir.” Canderous is like “I’m loyal to you no matter what because I’m the Warrior Race Guy... but the evil’s kind of a bonus.” And of course Bastila is rider or die as well because she’s the one who gives the “Go evil? Y/N” choice to begin with.

If you take Zalbaar with you into the Star Forge he breaks free of the mind trick and is horrified that you made him kill Mission and attacks in a rage.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

This just reminded me you can appoint Anderson to the Council, but the writers just went lol no and put Udina on it in the next game.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Simone Magus posted:

... is this actually possible

They mean leave her behind in the nuke blast.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

Not ordered, if the argument goes on long enough she thinks Wrex is going to kill you and takes the shot.

You can signal for Ashley to shoot him if you tell her to be ready before you speak to Wrex.

The funniest thing is if you skipped getting Garris and haven't gotten Liara yet Wrex just backs down. Since Bioware realized after the mission you'd be left with just two party members.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

OhFunny posted:

I've been thinking of choices I should make this go around and I think I've settled on being a gently caress up.

I played as a paragon male solider who did basically a perfect run, so for the remaster I'll be a renegade female adept(?) who's just terrible. Skip recruiting Garrus, kill Wrex etc.

Edit: hmmm going to have to look up the minimum number of party members needed to make it through the suicide mission and who the worst ones to keep alive are. Jacob obviously makes the cut.

I reinstalled Mass Effect 1 and turns out I did a renegade femShep fail run.

I'm going to have to think of something else. Maybe a paragon who just makes all the wrong decisions.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

If I can make a DudeShep that doesn't resemble a humanoid thumb I'll be satisfied. You also have to remember that there's only so much they can do wrt visual improvements, the games are still all running on Unreal 3.

The biggest thing I'm hoping for is that they disentangle ME2's recruitment missions from all the poo poo they had to pull to fit it on the 360. All of the post-Horizon recruits sans Tali have dialogue for the pre-Horizon missions and conversations, which suggests that Tali was supposed to be the only person gated behind completing said mission.

For one example, you can save edit in Legion the moment you're done with Freedom's Progress, and the only thing that breaks is its own recruitment mission if you try to bring it along.

If they had done that I think they would have mention it during the announcement. It would be a big deal.

They had my at native controller support.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

TheCenturion posted:

Surprise; the Shephard you play after Project Lazarus in ME2 was also a clone! You can't bring back somebody from how dead Shephard was, but they managed to harvest most of the DNA, throw in some frog DNA to fill the gaps, and make a bunch of Shephard clones. They took the best of the bunch and called them Shepherd. Most of the rest were disposed of. A few escaped, including the one you deal with in Citadel. But there are others, oh yes, there are others.

I think this was touched on in some cut content from Mass Effect 3. If Ashley is alive she asks Shepard if he saw anything while dead. Shepard says he saw nothing. He only remembers dying in the void of space and then woke up on the table. He goes on to speculate that perhaps he's nothing more than an advanced VI clone with Shepard's memories.

I really wish I could find the clip of it.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Thinking hard about controller vs mouse+keyboard for when I replay on the PC.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Playing on keyboard and mouse was amazingly liberating after being confined to the controller and power wheel setup for so long.

It was easier for combat, but not being able to put my feet up and lean back in my chair is a huge negative. Especially when I'm just moseying around the Normandy chatting with the crew.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

DourCricket posted:

There's no long gameplay segments here, but we do see quite a few snippets and comparisons in the IGN video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL-7-2dL0A0

This doesn't speak to the general quality of the remaster but its more than screenshots.

That stuff with walls being removed because they put them up in ME1 because of bad LOS load is neat. The lighting change here look better. I thought the changes to Eden Prime screwed with the oppressive atmosphere to much.

I will never skip elevator rides and miss party banter.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I saw the mustache and decided to try making Shepard a dashing Latino.

Julius CSAR posted:

Yes, Sally Ride Shepard. Since BioWare named Shepard after Alan Shepard, I’ve made it a tradition to name my characters after famous astronauts/cosmonauts.

Oh! This gave me a great idea! I'll name my FemShepard Valentina for the first woman in space.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

fadam posted:

Does The Citadel make anyone else drop frames like crazy?

If I look down into the distance the frame rate halves. Not to big of a deal since I'm running at 144fps.

Fifteen of Many posted:

:allbuttons:

Folks with the PC version, anyone having problems with the kinds of issues the Steam review bombs are complaining about (negative mouse acceleration, audio problems, fov issues, namely - the ultramodern stuff wouldn’t be an issue for me)?

I haven't noticed any negative impacts from these things. I've only just reached the Citadel though.

Edit: The water spray from these water fountains looks really nice.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 15, 2021

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Fifteen of Many posted:

This is what I was hoping to hear, hard to parse the actual problems from folks just wanting more than is there.

I have had two minor issues occur. The first was Kaiden's gun disappeared in the cutscene where you meet Ashley, so he was holding empty air. The second was Shepard got half stuck in the cover pose right at the end of Eden Prime and was side on toward the screen while moving around and shooting until combat ended and I put his weapon away.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I rebound grenades and healing gel to mouse button 5 and 4 because it feels strange to reach for the G and V keys.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Robot Style posted:

Not just the hair color - the first round of voting was more broad (if you ignore half the options being identical white person faces, with most of the other features re-used between the rest).

Oh man I remember voting in this. I voted for the sixth model.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

I always forget Mass Effect came before Dragon Age because it feels much less 'old' in its design, with the one exception being that DAO has a hidden tombstone for Towers of Hanoi that reads 'unmourned, unloved' :laffo:

They brought it back in SWTOR as part of a boss fight!

And again in one of Dragon Age: Inquisition's DLCs.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Fuzz posted:

The most important thing is to punch out the reporter in all three games.

Kinda surprised they didn't make an achievement for that.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I got that. :smug:

Because every real fish I got when young died in a week and by god I was not losing my space fish too.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

i too am one of those people who nuked Kaidan because I heard Carth's voice and flashbacked to his whining through all of KOTOR.

"I want to trust you. I really do, but it's just... just.... wife and daughter are deeeeaaaadddd" :cry:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I like Tali's new starting outfit in ME1, she's adding her own flavor to her suit but isn't as elaborate as she'll get in subsequent games.

Picked up Kaidan's and Ashley's achievements before leaving the Citadel, in Kaidan's case before I even picked up Garrus and Wrex.

Is it my imagination or do you level more slowly now in ME1 but get more skill points per level?

Yeah you get double the skill points per level, but the level cap has been halved from 60 to 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I romanced Liara the very first time I played. I passed on all romance on my second playthrough.

I think I'll pass on romance in ME1, but romanced Miranda for ME2 and 3.

Also six out of seven of my brother's IRL fish died just as a lot of people are reaching ME2. Coincidence? Not likely.