Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

spacemang_spliff posted:

going to be funny when people in the other threads start complaining about taints being run and ask for a dedicated succ zone

eh its like when a bat gets into the house just open a window and eventually they find their way out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Lostconfused posted:

Re watching it and lmao, the least subtle slaves building pyramids metaphor.

robots in hard hats lol (???)

best part of that movie is when the scary roboemissary nukes itself to take out the UN in one go

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Smythe posted:

an insanely edgy post instantly popped into my mind after reading this but im not allowed to post things like that anymore. thats a little thing called growing up

you can pm it to me, i wanna know what it was!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Nichael posted:

also, it's just really loving weird that they pop up in all the photo ops, considering it's an insanely expensive and niche brand. even if there was no epstein connection, it's bizarre.

our own local ice cream brand was in direct competition for favored treat of the democratic establishment but hosed it when bill clinton didn’t like the vegan options. this is 100% true

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

unwantedplatypus posted:

Biology is a depressing field these days. Covid, climate change, patented GMOs, publish or perish, anti-biotic resistance, invasive species, habitat fragmentation.

Leonard Bernstein!!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

we didn't start the fire!!

ah gently caress!!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

tbf so did the American nuclear weapons industry.

Like they burned nuclear waste at night to avoid people in Denver seeing the smoke, “disposed” of waste in “bottomless holes” that went straight to the aquifer, lied to workers about what they were touching with their bare hands, melted down a reactor just outside of LA, rats would get into the glove boxes, etc

The nuclear weapons industry has a vastly downplayed role in ruining trust in nuclear power plants.

I took a tour of Hanford years ago (they found a leak in one of the vitrification chambers a couple days after and cancelled all tours indefinitely lol) and there were so many nondescript concrete bunkers that we were told we were not allowed to get within a mile of because it would make your blood evaporate or some other insane thing just rotting in the desert waiting for civilization to collapse. seeing all the old nuclear submarine reactors hanging out in a big ditch was pretty cool too. they didn’t tell me if they could be refueled and spun up again should the want arise, and they also didn’t let me take any pics :(

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

best use of the ignore feature is that one dude who ignored everybody they could to the point that it slowed the entire forums apparatus to a crawl

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

science fiction seems to often be, intentional or not, aspirational

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

hig ay, imd ad

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Smythe posted:

when i was a little kid i thought the stealth fighter was the coolest thing in the world and wanted to work at lockheed bad

stealth stuff is insanely cool you are correct

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

those stealth boats the navy has that look like battlezone tanks and dissolve like alka-seltzer tablets in sea water? very cool

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

Very funny that LinkedIn says he was an engineer on a radar receiver.

RIP users of that radar, I guess.

radar engineer that doesn’t know about tbe inverse square law… wtf…

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

not feeling the whole voting thing this year tbh 🫤

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

no empathy because I had it worse actually makes me think he’s a bigger piece of poo poo than if it was just no empathy full stop. sanctimony is nauseating!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Clip-On Fedora posted:

“We’ve got a problem — we think that being cynical is sophisticated, but that’s how adolescents think. Our cynicism about our politics has resulted in cynical politicians. If you tell a child they’re bad, they become bad. If you tell politicians they’re a bunch of egotistical maniacs, then where is the value in trying to be anything else?”

Epic Sherlock man is right it’s the loony lefty writers’ fault that British politicians are poo poo

if you call a kid bad they become bad eh?? well guess what I’m gonna call this guy

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Smythe posted:

think i leanred that from "hell of presidents" actually

"hell of presidents" is how someone from norcal would say "a lot of presidents"