Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I think it’s awesome that Taz is so quick to jump to defend Griff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Like all bad ideas in the WWE, it was actually Becky’s idea.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Billy Dixon has been crowned gayest wrestler of 2021!
https://twitter.com/outsports/status/1468989027181342723?s=20

This reminds me that Max the Impaler has such an amazing look and I need to find some of their matches.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Normally I'd just be like whatever, a weeb gimmick. But Kidd Bandit's self awareness is what does it for me. If you didn't see the recent match where they ran around the audience yelling "I'M PANDERING", it was pretty great.

Where can one see this match, because that sounds hilarious.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Michael Elgin is now using his Rovert parody account to kink shame himself and challenge himself to a fight.

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw0/status/1475274195667980289

I never thought there could be a sadder wrestle-tweeter than Seth Rollins, but Elgin is making Rollins look like dril

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Wild Thing rules because it signals the arrival of Jon Moxley.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I’m loving crying laughing at this.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/dabryceisright/status/1524798926238490624

Click through to read the whole exchange, it's great.

One thing I wasn’t prepared for when FTR came to AEW was Dax Harwood: Incredibly Good at Twitter.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

stab posted:

Oh boy then don't read up on the Cult of Cornette zombies and their takes on Aubrey then

Wait, are you implying that Cornette and his listeners have some sort of problem with a woman? What are the odds?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

“Oh boy she sent me a Cameo from my favorite wrestler! I knew I’d win her back…. Oh god no.”

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

When I wish to talk to someone, I simply say hello to them first. But then again, I’m not a brain damaged old rear end carny.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

bbt gonna buy wwe and move it to corncob tv

Coffin Flop and Darby Crosspromotion?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I would love nothing more than to shrug with Yano, and then buy his DVDs.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not putting more effort than this into my lovely joke

This is extremely rude and inflammatory.

King Hippo isn’t a sex pest or right wing blowhard.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

It’s cool and good that there are people in the comments making fun of Tony for doing this. Because since the insane racist old man doesn’t do it, it’s a terrible idea for any wrestling company to actually give the tiniest of shits about their employees. This is definitely a normal thing to think.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Ok Billy, sure. I’ll ignore* Tyrus being a horrible person (which is a pretty big thing to ignore!). Here are a list of things I would rather watch than a Tyrus match, even if he suddenly became a incredibly progressive person:

-AEW co-champions Kip Sabien and Max Caster
-The Bloodline story continuing for another five years, winning multiple Emmy awards
-A 60 minute Iron Man match between Luther and Mark Henry
-TNT champion FTR Hair
-Impact weekly
-“So Much happening in the world: The collected promos of Cody Rhodes in AEW”
-Literally any other wrestling content

So no, Billy, even with politics out of the equation, I’m still not gonna watch your lovely promotion. And I feel pretty confident that I’m a wrestling fan.

*And even if Tyrus suddenly became the greatest wrestler in history, I’m not putting aside his reprehensible politics to watch him, because as stated, he is a walking pile of poo poo.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Okay but this would probably be pretty good

Yes and I would rather see it than a Tyrus match, I just am not a huge fan of “one member of a tag team gets individual gold” when it’s a long time team that still wrestles as a team.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Brody King is awesome.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

RandolphCarter posted:

Gonna need that channel as well.

I don’t want to empty quote but as someone who loves spooky stuff, I would also like the channel.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Shard posted:

my two favorite things comin together - wrestling and baldur's gate 3.

https://twitter.com/bunchabears/status/1707236572696056214

Absolutely nailed Karlach's expression, she would love that.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

This led me to Kojima’s Wikipedia page, where the automated filter would not let me add that he elbow dropped CM Punk directly on his cock. What is even the point of Wikipedia then?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

You don’t understand, if he doesn’t carry water for the company that was until recently run by a known sexual predator and is now under the control of suspected sexual predators, he might not be able to talk to some of the suspected sexual predators about how awesome they are in the future!

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

CombineThresher posted:

Hats off to Luther for somehow weaseling his way into Toni's act. No idea how he did it or whose idea it was, but he's perfect for it.

I'm not saying that he should main event a PPV (yes he should), but ever since he's been brought in there hasn't been a time where Luther isn't consistently enjoyable for me.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Duke Pukem posted:

He was pretty bad in the Nightmare Collective. I dont think it was until he started teaming with Serpentico that he got interesting

Nightmare collective was what, that one bad video and then ruining that women’s match the next week? I can forgive Japanese Death Match Legend Luther for that when his main form of attack became Serpentico shortly after.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Edge & Christian posted:

Mullet guy is NWA National champion "Thrillbilly" Silas Mason.
Hayter At Home is NWA Women's World Champion Kenzie Paige.

Also looking this up, NWA sure does have a lot of belts for a company its size:

NWA World's Heavyweight Champion: EC3
NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion: Colby Corino
NWA National Championship: Silas Mason
NWA World Tag Team Champions: Blunt Force Trauma
NWA United States Tag Team Champions: The Immortals
NWA World's Women's Champion: Kenzie Paige
NWA World Women's Tag Team Championship: The King Bees
NWA World Television Championship: Max the Impaler (previously the NWA Men's World Television Championship and NWA Women's World Television Championship)

Max the Impaler is pretty cool, everyone else on that list I’ve either never heard of or is EC3, so that looks like a fairly dire roster.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Reading through his Twitter feed, gotta say I did not have “Gangrel is a super positive guy on the internet” on my 2024 bingo card #fanginNbangin

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

CaptainApathyUK posted:

We can all see the RoH skirt on the apron there, meaning it's either very early or very late. Who does this joker think he's fooling?

WWE stans
Other podcasters
Most of r/squaredcircle

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

delfin posted:

Non-title-related TJPW Grand Princess '24 spoiler

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1774339984545157529

I love this so much

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Tony rules, and I’m not afraid to say it. I probably spent more time on WWF growing up than WCW, but in my dreams it was always Tony calling matches, not JR. Him getting to have this resurgence later in life has really been one of my favorite things about AEW.

Also Cage is cool and I’ll take the big muscle dork who loves Wolverine over broken down Crushed Mytesticles Punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

apophenium posted:

I would kill to look like Hartley Jackson

This is what every wrestler should strive for