Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i wish there was something cool to play at the beginning of the month instead of everything being at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

How do you feel about.. Vikings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mHRJ1KFe20

It's really really good.

i was playing valheim before everybody else!

but i never got to the 3rd boss because i expended all my energy to make a cool house instead so i haven't played it since

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mystery Men

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I re-installed over the weekend FFXIV so I can play through the 5.X patch content in anticipation.

Instead of playing my 80 BLM, I played my 25 GLA and tanked The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak and I forgot that ARR does not prevent you from engaging the boss early if someone in your party needs to watch the cutscene :sweatdrop:

toto-rak is the worst offender for that too, because the cutscene before that boss is so fuckin long the boss is nearly dead by the time it's done

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

A friend gifted me Outriders on Steam. Looking forward to playing that. Wouldn't have bought it otherwise because it's a games as a service title, but the demo has been getting lots of positive attention.

it's not a GAAS, it's more like borderlands where it's a complete game on release with potential DLC later on

i am also looking forward to it! i spent the weekend mindlessly farming chests and finally got a legendary

s'got bones on it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i ranked the numbers last year. still holds strong.

Kerrzhe posted:

10. 6
9. 8
8. 4
7. 10
6. 2
5. 9
4. 1
3. 3
2. 7
1. 5

props to 3 for coming in 3rd. shame that 8 didn't quite make top 8 as it was edged out by 4.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i highly approve of Grubby's overlay for hiding his team's draft from stream snipers

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Khanstant posted:

These infos seem extremely conflicting and at best reads like one of those games where it feels like an MMO or GaaS that switched gears mid development? Shooting + grind + loot is a funky triangle formula. Borderlands 2 did it okay, right up until grind started, then you quit playing so its fine. Not crazy about shooting game where I gotta stop and try and think about which gun is best right now. I'll settle for a looter shooter where there's no ammo refill, you just use gun until its out of bullets then throw it away forever.

i agree that it is all very silly

the dev's say it's not a GAAS so thats where i got that info from

the reason anyone is farming anything in the demo is because progress carries over to the full game - but the demo is locked to only level 7 and a low world tier (which function like the diablo 3 Torment levels, the higher tiers increase mob difficulty and loot drops) so the drop chance for legendaries is really really small. people are farming for like 30+ hours and not getting one (i farmed for maybe 8-10 hours over the weekend and got 1. it was pretty chill)

but i really like the gameplay so far, the devastator class is super fun, it encourages you to just fuckin run in and kill poo poo as fast as possible to keep yourself alive, reminds me a lot of Krieg's style of gameplay. there's a lot of different armor mods that affect your skills and your build with a lot of potential fun customization. so i'm looking forward to it!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

rusty bucket bay is a cruel place but it also has one of the best themes

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

help my stupid idiot brain only wants to play games that aren't out yet and any other game i try to play in the meantime it absolutely refuses to enjoy

i am so bored

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

here's my hot take: humanity is bad

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

I did have fun with it even for a few hours past the prologue, but by the time I found out that I had explored only half the map and there was not only another half of the world left to go through and that I had already long since unlocked every mechanic that the game ever gives you, I realized I just simply didn't like it that much. I could have spent twice again as long as the game and still not have done everything, and I just wasn't willing to do that.

i thought this post was about BotW cause this is how i felt about that game

what kind of zelda game gives you all of your toys at the beginning???

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

They're exceptionally not cheap and its loving insane.

WoW at least has the very reasonable stance of giving you a single free level skip with each expansion. This is genius, and all MMOs should adopt this. That way if there's a new expansion coming, all you have to do is decide to buy it and boom you're in on the ground floor playing with friends. No worries about having to grind through old content solo before you are allowed to play with the current toys.

FFXIV does not do this, and it almost ruins the game for me and is why I won't recommend it to people. Current FFXIV is a good fun MMO but the first ~30-50 levels are a loving slog and buying a level skip costs way way way too much money.

FFXIV splits the "level your job" and "do the main story quests" into two purchases of $25 each, so its $50 to hop into the latest content. (On top of the cost of the game, expansions, and monthly fees, so you're looking at like $120 to start the game if you want to jump up to the latest content)

WoW's are $60 to get to the latest content, not counting cost of game or expansions (but again, expansions at least include a single free boost)

FFXIV is much different from wow in that the expansions are not standalone. They are a direct continuation of the story and skipping it is not what they want people to do. WoW puts much much less emphasis on having their story make any sense from expac to expac, they just want people to play.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

in other cooler news the Outriders dev team seems to be listening to a lot of feedback on the demo and patching it up nicely

https://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1367505469317775364?s=20

adding motion blur toggle, hopefully fixing the ridiculous camera shake in cutscenes, and nerfing the boring chest run farm but leaving the captain kill farm intact (cause it at least involves combat)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Harrow posted:

I'm a little bit intrigued by Outriders, if only because I've heard it's closer to Borderlands in structure than Destiny/The Division/etc. (as in, it's being released as a full game that might get DLC/expansions later rather than an intentionally-incomplete live service)

that's correct. people compare it to destiny because it's got elemental-themed classes and the UI borrows very heavily (it looks nice) but the structure is more Borderlands with a story campaign progression and endgame repeatable content. also no pvp.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah i only recognize Default Male Shepard and Guy From Too Human (cause he's got blue lines on his face like on the box art, which is the only part of that game i've ever seen)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I knew literally one of those and I thought one of them had to be Niko Bellic but he's not there at all lol

Answers here:

https://pastebin.com/8pDycHiP

Credit goes to this tweet but I'm suppressing the preview since the answers are visible
code:
https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/1320465361423241217

agent 47 is so hilariously grumpy i never would have guessed that was him lmao

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

warch defense force

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i tried to play dark souls 2 coop with my friends but the game decided that no i don't get to coop

i can see peoples messages and bloodstains and ghosts but no summon signs

so now im too depressed to do anything at all

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Are you using the name-ring?

If you wanna co-op with friends you 100% need to save up souls and buy the name-ring IMMIDEATLY it makes it so much easier.

Its nice they made that a base mechanic in DS3 so you don't have to buy it and don't need to waste a ring slot on it.
(Although in 2 you can swap the ring once you've summoned/been summoned)

https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Name-engraved+Ring the cat sells it. It basically lets you set a co-op password.

And as always check that you're human/embered if you're summoning.

My biggest criticism of the Souls series, as a massive fan (I legit think DS1 is my favorite game of all time) I think the co-op functionality sucks balls and needs an overhaul.

Its a game meant to be played with random people like Journey and explicitly not your friends, and that's dumb because souls co-op with friends is EXTREMELY good. And they realized this and slowly conceded to it, hence the ring in 2, hence the built-in password in 3, but its still a lot of busy work to re-ember and re-summon on every death. There needs to be a "party" system in Souls. Just re-summon on death, even if it costs a humanity just give me a prompt to spend the humanity and re-summon automatically so you don't waste time looking for signs!

yeah i had the name ring. i was human. i never saw a single sign before or after putting the ring on, we tried some command line networking stuff but that didn't work either. tried to use the bone of order and it wouldn't let me so i'm not soft banned for no reason. just... fake-soft-banned for no reason.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

warby

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Is Monster Hunter Stories worth digging out my 3DS for?

yes i enjoyed it very very much

Stories 2 looks fantastic and apparently it's coming to Steam same day as switch!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'd like everyone to know that i'm having a nice time fighting the japanese (in Nioh 2)

then i died in a tornado

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Miles Prower...

gently caress

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

bringing fun new kirby activities to you hot off the presses

https://i.imgur.com/VIGoSWA.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/7lSrwdz.mp4

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

does Absolver still exist

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

well if it's anything like absolver it'll be deep enough to drown in

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hi

i'm listening to some Kraftwerk

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rarity posted:

Those snowmen in Freezeezy Peak can gently caress right off I tell you what

ha-haw haw haw haw

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't know why everyone is suddenly playing dark souls 2 again and it makes me sad that i was permabanned from coop for no reason

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Relax Or DIE posted:

the classic final fantasies (4, 6)

to be fair i never hear people talk about 1, 3, or 5

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i forgot to even put 2 in the list of final fantasies nobody talks about. that is how much thought space i have devoted to final fantasy 2 (none)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

there was a point in my life where i renamed all the main characters of the RPGs i was playing to Karu (which according to the internet was the japanese version of my own name) and the main female companion Hela

in Chrono Trigger i remember Karu, Hela, Washu, Mumbo, and Frogg

Earthbound featured the adventures of Karu, Hela, Louie, and Bob

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i only eat cheese pizza

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

very little surprises me these days but i am actually somehow surprised that Persona 5 Strikers is not in fact a soccer game

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Relax Or DIE posted:

speaking of this, the trailer dropped for the second doom eternal dlc and it's out tomorrow. I'm toying with the idea of going back for an ultra nightmare playthrough assuming dlc doesn't suck

i should try and finish the first dlc but it's really hard :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i would like it very much if my cat would stop puking on my loving bed

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Yahtzee still exists...dang

it actually kinda blows my mind that not only is zero punctuation still going with exactly the same format it's always had but that it's still pretty dang funny

and the intro song is still killer

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i wish i had a low energy game but i just get bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello friends as of today i am now as old as 35 year old dirt