Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Can’t wait for the Dark card to drop only for us to learn Tony’s been making the roster wrestle non-stop since Dynamite went off the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Royal Updog posted:

A one-hour show wherein Tony Schiavone calmly yet firmly explains to me all the weeks AEW happenings just prior to Dynamite would not go amiss. All of it Dark, Dark 2, Sammy's Vlog, whatever the gently caress Kenny is doing in TNA, everything.

Just summarize it in a crawl at the bottom of the screen that runs the full length of Synamite.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

Nope! This is a shooting week so I guess everything's a bit more chaotic, and they've got the Lights Out match to boast about. But the AEW account hasn't mentioned either Dark for days. it's probably on the same time as last week, and it'll almost certainly have some matches.

If anything this is the week I wouldn’t expect them to break the pattern of when they announce the Dark cards because these episodes would’ve been taped almost two weeks ago.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Will probably be fine if Madi does most of the work for her team.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DLC Inc posted:

man I wish Leyla would get a big win soon but otoh they def see something in her, putting her up against the best in the division one by one.

Ryo winning wasn't something I expected though---is there a chance she's staying?

Shida shared a picture of them getting lunch together the other day, so seems like it, otherwise she probably would’ve left with Maki two weeks ago.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ryo is so drat fun. Really enjoyed that main event.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

I thought it was fine but I did expect a bit more.

This is about how I felt. There were definitely a few spots that maybe could’ve been better executed, but ultimately I don’t know that I care enough for that to impact my enjoyment of the match.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I bet guys like Ryzin and Fuego are on whatever “Tier Zero” is.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I liked Team Taz vs West Coast Wrecking Crew, but mainly because I feel like I haven’t seen a Hobbs match in a while. I like how he works as a heel.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Hobbs vs. Cobb

*pounding on table*
CHOBBS
CHOBBS
CHOBBS

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Alaois posted:

these Rising Star profiles are really good

Acknowledging the human desires and motivations of your wrestlers shouldn’t feel like a novel approach to getting someone over, but here we are.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smarxist posted:

Britt's instinct for finding the camera is second to none

She just looks for the red light.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Leyla needs to call her cross arm breaker the “Hirsch Donut.” Thank you in advance for not booing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

I wonder why they switched up Joey and Sonny's opponents. It was either so good they wanted it on Dynamite, so bad they didn't want it at all, somebody tested positive and couldn't compete, they wanted to trick @luchablog into watching Elevation, or some other reason.

? It was one of the 4 first matches announced as one of the main events of the show.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

fez_machine posted:

On her try out she didn't have great chemistry with Taz and Excalibur, I think Taz even pronouned her at one point. Which was a little unfair to her because that's got to be one of the most protective booths in the business in terms of chemistry.

I also suspect that she's not flattered by a lot of people wanting her to be a dedicated women's match announcer.

But hey maybe she'll be part of the Speedball package.

I thought they eventually got there by the end of her run, and personally I want her in JR’s spot, which I know is not on the table.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Really looking forward to the Hirsch/Nyla match that a COVID exposure stole from us.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mr. Squishy posted:

https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1392116210746204164

Rosa's new finisher is called the peruvian necktie, apparently. Which I thought was when you cut someone's throat and pulled their tongue through.

That’s the Colombian Necktie.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

King’s coolest moments have been when she’s just screaming and throwing people, she should do more of that and less of the “happy to be here” wink and wave to the audience stuff.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

sticklefifer posted:

If AEW signed her, Serena Deeb would bring some nice cred to the Factory. She's already got history as a trainer.

She’s been signed for almost a year.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Elevation matches taped before Dynamite, the interviews were taped after the PPV.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

rantmo posted:

That would be nice but given the chuds he follows on Twitter, I have a hard time believing that he was objecting to a gimmick in poor taste.

Maybe he just doesn’t like homeless people then, even simulated ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

sticklefifer posted:

Paul: "He's the type who would fight a Bengal tiger in a phone booth."
Tony: "Bengal being the operative word."

what, Tony?

Brian Pillman was from Cincinnati and played for the Bengals for a season.