Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
10 team, standard scoring. I have pick 7.

If Kelce falls to me, what RBs would I take ahead of him? Obviously changes my team structure a good deal if I go Kelce round 1, but it's drat tempting if he's there. Think Chubb/Jones is about the line below which Kelce would make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Keith Atherton posted:

I’d take Chubb in standard scoring at 7. I wouldn’t think Kelce would still be available in round 2 for you but I wouldn’t blame you for grabbing Kelce in the first. But it puts you in a hole in terms of your RB strength cause the studs will all be gone by your second round pick

Maybe I’m not understanding your question though

You understood me correctly. I'm trying to gauge whether it's worth taking him in round 1. Based on my mock drafts it seems like the answer is probably "no", although he did drag my corpse of a team to the playoffs last year (my picks were Saquon, Mixon, Kelce - 1/3 ain't bad?).

My instinct in 10 team is always to go RB/RB, probably one of Chubb/Zeke/Jones based on availability followed by someone in the Mixon/Gibson/Najee Harris tier. Several mocks have had Davante Adams/Tyreek Hill fall to 2.4 though and that's basically impossible to pass up even if my RB2 ends up being, say, JK Dobbins.

VietCampo posted:

In standard scoring, Kelce should not be taken in the 1st.

Chubb, Jones, JT, Barkley, maybe even Gibson?

Couple WR's i'd take before him too.

Yeah, I think you're right that Kelce isn't worth the 1st rounder. As always, I'll just keep loving around with mocks till I get to a strategy that makes the best looking teams. Thanks to you both.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Keith Atherton posted:

Yeah the mocks I smash are usually the ones where I go RB RB cause there’s so much more WR depth. I’m planning on just picking a D in the final round that has a good week 1 matchup and then streaming

Probably going to wait on a TE until double digit rounds if I miss out on the top 3. Every year there’s a surprise stud that pops up you can grab from FA/waivers

If I miss out on top 3 I'm drafting Higbee in the 10th. No thank you to mid round TEs when I could get Lockett or Claypool instead.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1430490016569040899?s=19

Don't draft early, folks

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Think I heard somewhere that the greatest Rookie TE season of all time would basically be TE5 last year or something like that? I'm probably wrong on the specifics but that was the gist.

Maybe Pitts works out? But for that draft capital I'm way way more likely to get value elsewhere.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Lesson: draft exactly one hour before the season starts.

Keith Atherton posted:

Lamar’s running ability makes me question that any of those dudes will be worth drafting

Major reason why I was never in on Dobbins in the first place.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Can I get your feelings on Sanders?

Sanders I'm having trouble rating, tbh (not that I'm an expert by any means, just a degenerate who likes this too much). Interested in other peoples' thoughts on him. On one hand, you have a worse offense than the Ravens, with more potential for negative game script, and the same problem of a mobile QB. On the other hand, Sanders has been a top RB before, and who is his competition in the backfield, Kerryon Johnson? Boston Scott? Not exactly threatening. Feels like a higher risk/reward proposition than some other RBs in that range.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Feeling vaguely meh about my first draft but I think I got some good value. Couple of guys I was hoping for got sniped but that's why we draft in tiers.

From spot 01.07 in a 10 team standard redraft.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Aaron Jones
RB: Najee Harris
WR: Terry McLaurin
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: Tyler Higbee
Flex: DJ Moore
D/ST: 49ers
K: Brandon McManus

BE: Raheem Mostert
BE: Chase Claypool
BE: Devonta Smith
BE: Deebo Samuel
BE: Marquez Callaway
BE: Trey Lance

I think I need better RB depth, Mostert is a home run pick but is injured too often. A league mate drafted too many Ravens and is considering moving Gus Edwards. Maybe I could entice him with Mostert and a receiver if I get some good week 1s.

I know I shouldn't be carrying two qbs, will probably ditch Lance in roster churn.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Fate Accomplice posted:

Just finished my last draft of the season, #6/12, 1PPR:

QB (1): Murray
WRs/F (3+1): Diontae Johnson, Higgins, Sutton, Shenault, Chark, Meyers, Elijah Moore
RBs/F (2+1): Kamara, Ekeler, Gibson, Murray, Hubbard, Rhamondre Stevenson
TE/F (1+1): Andrews
K: McManus
DEF: New England

my WRs suffered but I couldn't pass up getting 3 top 10 RBs when Ekeler and Gibson were still there.

I'll be shocked if Gibson isn't my flex every week.

figuring out which 3 of my WRs to start will be my only decision each week in this league.

Haha amazing. You have some dumb league mates.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Double post but an actual question. I'm back in a PPR league for the first time in a while, and since I'm 9th there's a chance that a 0RB strategy will be the best choice. I've never actually done that in a money league. I know the basics - 2 top WRs, wait for RBs until the end of the dead zone (so rounds 5-7). But am I taking straight WRs until then?

I'm never inclined to take a top QB, but I never like middling TEs either (usually prefer to wait if I miss out on top 3). All WRs feels like a logjam but I suppose 4 high level players gives me good depth and a distinct advantage at one position group. So maybe 4 wrs and then Kyler/Josh Allen, or Andrews/Hockenson?

E. Should clarify that this is a 12 team league. I had Adams/Diggs fall to me in a mock last night which got me thinking about this. Obviously my strategy will depend on what happens on draft day.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 4, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Agreed. Dionte in the 9th is a great value. Kyler might end up qb1 but you can find good qbs later.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
If that was full PPR it'd be close. Standard it'd be laughable. At 0.5 it's just kinda weird imo.

Ekeler will get a ton of volume, Herbert is established and likes to use him, he's immune to game script issues (unlike Chubb who doesn't catch passes) and there is no other RB of significance on the roster. Lots of smart people like Ekeler.

Me, I'm dumb as hell, like incredibly stupid, but give me Chubb.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Any suggestions on a funny team name about being projected to be 11 out of 12?

10th Loser
11th Still Gets Blue Shells
At Least We're Not Detroit

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I feel like you can choose to go early TE or early QB, but you can't do both. You're left with too little depth at the WR/RB positions. Still considering whether I'd take Kelce if he falls to me at 9/12 in my full PPR league and I think my answer is probably "no". Having Kelce was an incredible advantage in Standard last year but with my top RB out I felt like I was scrambling all season.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Fate Accomplice posted:

if he's the ~only option on offense, a massive downgrade at QB, and he'll see stacked boxes the entire season, then I'm not sure what volume will get you besides hurt unless his talent is McCaffrey level. and he's already hurt.

I really think the lions are significantly worse than last year.

I think people are hoping for a James Robinson season. Dogshit team where he gets all the volume and does just fine as an RB2. The team drafted an O lineman with its top pick and is probably going to want to run the ball, especially with those kinds of receivers.

Of course, the "gets all the volume" is the problem, because A. he's hurt and B. he has Jamal Williams sitting behind him waiting to leech targets. I'm staying away from the Lions unless Hockenson falls for whatever reason.

Pain of Mind posted:

There is really no wrong position to pick at pick 9 in PPR (outside of QB), a top WR like Hill or Adams is reasonable, Kelce is reasonable, and whatever RB is reasonable. With your top RB out the points are lost no matter what, I am not sure if there is much functional difference between playing a decent RB3 with a middle tier TE or playing a top tier TE with a worse RB3, it just moves around who gets the points. I have had years where my sleeper TE does not pan out and I end up getting a cumulative 2 points over 6 weeks and it is not ideal.

Yeah that's fair. As with everything, it all comes down to who falls to me. Thanks for the response.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Maybe later than Wednesday. Let's just see how the week shakes out.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Second money draft down, full PPR, 12 team league, 4 player bench. Feeling all right about it, but those 12 team drafts feel so sparse.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Austin Ekeler
RB: Chris Carson
WR: Stefan Diggs
WR: Tyler Lockett
TE: Kyle Pitts
FLEX: Miles Gaskin
D/ST: Rams
K: Matt Gay
BE: Deebo Samuel
BE: Jakobi Meyers
BE: Nyheim Hines
BE: Darnell Mooney

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Keith Atherton posted:

Hey a fellow Gay, Meyers, Hines, and Mooney owner!

Looks good. I avoid getting Seahawks because every time I do they immediately get injured

Yeah I usually try not to draft players I'm rooting for, but Carson and Lockett made a lot of sense where I drafted them. Probably should have taken someone else in Lockett's tier to diversify. Maybe I'll snag a trade if he goes off.

The real pick I'm not sure about is Pitts. It's higher than I was hoping to get a TE and I don't trust rookie TEs at all, but the value vs ADP was good and I didn't trust my ability to get a good sleeper TE in a 12 teamer. May try to move him early if I can get someone to bite on the hype.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Is Wayne Gallman even on a roster?

He's Mike Davis' backup in Atlanta

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
You're in a 1qb league and have Herbert. You don't need a second QB.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

So I guess Ekeler is good to play 100% today.

Not sure about OBJ for today though, think I’ll start Marquez Callaway in his stead.

Yeah. Hope that's correct. I had my hand hovering over adding Justin Jackson but that league has such a short bench, I'd have to drop someone useful.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I think Mostert is going off today.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1437077289049657347?s=19

shirts and skins posted:

i think mostert is going off today.

shirts and skins posted:

shirts and skins posted:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
No inside info but my assumption would be Hasty since he played last year. Would be surprised if he was behind a 6th round rookie. Of course, I'm surprised he's ahead of Sermon, so what do I know?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Come to think of it, next man up for the 49ers might be Juszczyk

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

Speaking of injuries, freaking Mostert went out on like the second play or something

I know

I knoooowwww

shirts and skins posted:

look I wasn't technically wrong okay

God, gently caress me hahaha, that was so frustrating

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Survived a Dak/Cooper stack in my PPR league and the loss of Mostert in the other, feeling lucky resilient af

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

I was taking the piss outta Kyle Pitts but he was just the 8th tight end to have at least 8 targets in his debut

he scored the fewest fantasy points of the eight

It's legit really good news for him though. The targets are there, which means the points can follow.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

I am completely aware of this. But talking about target pace after game one is still very funny, as is round one in the Pitts battle being a big wet fart. TE23 on the week and people took him over Hockenson (who had more targets than Pitts)

Yeah. I drafted Pitts in a PPR league and regretted it almost immediately. I didn't like the mid round TEs, don't know what I was doing. I would definitely have taken Hock there over him and in retrospect none of my other choices there were good ideas (see Jeudy, Jerry), but yeah. Hope Pitts breaks out soon, but only so I can trade him asap.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

*sigh*

At least it's an easy drop decision

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So it appears Waller gets a lot of targets?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

VietCampo posted:

Have you not watched the Raiders in the last 2 years? It's been him and then 4 JAGs fighting for the scraps after.

Last year's usage is one thing, his usage and skill are the reasons why he's the clear te2 in drafts. But this is a whole different level.

He had almost as many targets as the New Orleans Saints, combined

https://twitter.com/RyanMc23/status/1437639074903363586?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bellmaker posted:

I fell asleep Latavius Murray got a TD??

Ohhhh buddy you missed some top shelf clownball

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

pmchem posted:

who are you guys willing to sell high on? good week 1 performances that you don’t want on your team?

I'm trying to move Deebo Samuel, without success so far. He's really good and probably pretty valuable but he's an injury risk and I need to trade WR depth for RB depth.

With that in mind, thoughts on moving Deebo for Javonte Williams or Miles Gaskin in standard? Feel like the former especially could be a good play given the likelihood he slowly takes over for Gordon.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 14, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Deebo rules why in the hell would you even consider selling that low on him?

Because it's a standard league, I have only two RBs on my roster, and my other WRs are McLaurin, Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Chase Claypool, and Devonta Smith. You're right that that's probably not enough value for him, but I could really use some RB depth.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’d rather try and sell high on one of those other WRs and get a better RB than what you’d get for selling low on Deebo.

Do you mean sell high as in for a better player? If I sold Deebo now it would probably be for about his max value, he's healthy and just came off a monster game.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah I'd mash that Kiimo, Lockett is v good but he's volatile and Swift is getting volume under the coach who made Melvin Gordon a thing

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Tbh I'd trade away either if you can afford it, who knows what Shanahan will do in that backfield and the Mitchell hype is very high right now. Jeff Wilson will be back eventually, and presumably Sermon will be active this weekend. SF won't play Detroit every week, too.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vargo posted:

I know you should never roster two defenses but I picked up the Browns this week to pay against Houston and now I'm wondering:

Which defense would you rather have ROS: Browns or 49ers?

If I have a deep bench I roster a second defense all the time, just looking forward a week to see who the worst offense is playing and stashing them. Cards are available this week because they have Minnesota, but they'd be a waiver claim next week when they get Jacksonville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Just flipped Deebo Samuel and Miles Gaskin for Allen Robinson in my PPR league. Feeling good baby.