Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

PPR, 2 flex

My "starting" RBs are Ty'Son Williams and Hines, and I have Conner on the bench. Very dire because I went WRs with first 4 picks.

WRs I have:
Adams
Cooper
AJ Brown
Woods
Boyd
E Sanders
R Gage
Gordon

Just got a trade offer. His Chase Edmonds for my Woods. Woods seems like he's underperformed projections since Kupp is eating his lunch.
I say yes, right?

I think that's a good trade for you in PPR, given how bad Ty'son and Conner are looking right now.. Edmonds has been a solid 10-15 pts/game for me in PPR and is getting plenty of targets from Murray. The one caveat is the Cardinals have faced weaker defenses in the first three weeks (Jaguars & Vikings, though the Titans weren't great either), so I wouldn't expect any miracles from him against the Rams this week. I can't speak much for Woods, since I haven't watched the Rams games closely, but I've heard one ESPN pundit mention Stafford doesn't seem to be looking for Woods (or even in his direction).

van fem fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Rick Grimes posted:

With both AJ and Julio out, I really think the obvious move is to bench Tannehill.

Which FA QB of these would you go with?
Heinicke @ ATL
Winston vs. NYG
Garoppolo vs. SEA

Leaning Heinicke or Winston

Garoppolo looked like hot garbage last week. His safety blanket (Kittle) is likely to be out this week, and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for RBs (or juggling injured ones).

I have way more faith in Heinicke than Winston. He put up 20pts against a tough Buffalo defense last week, despite 2 ints. Winston's passing yardage has been way too low to consider him QB1 (or even QB2).

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Pulchritudinous posted:

I need to pick up a D this week. I have the Bills and Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC) as a RB, so I'd like to avoid them negating each other. I also have Goedert (PHI) as my TE. Here are the top remaining ones in our league (10 team, non-ppr, regular scoring):

I'm terrible at this kind of decision making (LV would be senisble, but ATL is playing the Jets...), so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction

I'm in the same spot as you (minus the Bills), and am probably rolling with the Cards. SF may be starting a rookie QB (Lance) for his first full game & their RB's are in shambles due to early season injuries. If SF wants to keep up with the Cards explosive offense, they're going to have to pass, and passes from Lance = potential for INTs. On top of this, the Cards contained the Rams (pass heavy offense), so I expect they'll do pretty well against a heavily injured SF.

With that said, the Bears are terrible and the Raiders pass rush was looking scary, so I don't think you can go wrong with either defense.

Also don't think of starting Bills + CEH as "negating" each other. I would call that hedging risk. The reason not to play the Bills D is that we don't know how they'll fare against a strong offense yet. They've beaten up on two teams with backup QBs (Miami & Houston), a Steelers team with weak O-line (and only beat them by a TD), and WFT (not a strong O by any stretch of the imagination).

van fem fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 6, 2021

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

CocoaNuts posted:

Looking for advice on the bye week from hell. Which two of the following three RBs would you start (0.5 PPR):

Davonta Freeman (vs. Cincy)

Michael Carter (vs. NE)

Mark Ingram (vs. Ariz)

Def not Ingram. Arizona just shut down the Browns, one of the premier rushing teams. I haven't watched enough Jets games to comment on Carter, but Carter vs Freeman boils down to which outcome you think more likely: Wilson not throwing picks to NE in the red zone or the Ravens giving Freeman >10 carries and some receiving upside against a solid Bengals D.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I benched him for Edmonds. gently caress fantasy football.

RIP. I was worried about the Edmond's shoulder, but played him over Mitchell who was also questionable. In my infinite wisdom I also benched Drake and Christian Kirk, and started Jordan Love [instead of McCoy] who only scored a touchdown on blown coverage in the late 4th quarter. I got nobody to blame but myself.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Don't look now, but they're listing Lamar as questionable now. He's gotta have some sort of chronic digestive track issue like IBD/IBS. I can't imagine many other reasons for all the missed practices from non-COVID illness.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

The Zack posted:

:sadwave:

Also, Buffalo's D and K got me a combined minus-5 today

I was using Buffalo's K to hedge against bad weeks from Allen. That strategy worked right up until today, where it failed spectacularly.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Vargo posted:

I just recieved an offer to trade my Marquise Brown for his Cam Newton.

My current QB is Kyler (streaming while he's hurt) and my WR situation is Tyreek, Tee-Higgs, Hunter, Jeudy, Patrick, Golladay.

I'm tempted to smash because I don't know if Kyler's gonna be the same ROS and I think Cam's gonna be big. But also it feels like that's buying me a headache and someone's trying to get me to buy high.

I wouldn’t take that deal if you’re playing a 1 QB PPR league. Assuming you’re starting Reek, Renfrow, and (flex or WR3) Brown, your other receivers are more like 8-12 pt slot WRs (I have both Jeudy and Higgins and generally have to start 1 each week) with very little TD upside. Much easier to stream a QB since you only need to know how bad the opposing defense and how healthy the Oline is (e.g see Colt McCoy against the Seahawks) rather than gamble on slot WR target share in a single game (highly variable, hard to predict unless a star WR - I played both Kirk and Higgins this week and they collectively put up 7pts lol).

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Tyreek had too quiet of a game. Now I need my opponents Diggs and Allen to get under 35 😬

That's totally possible in this game. The Pats are gonna be all over Diggs, and Allen might play extra conservative to avoid turnovers.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Thinking about starting Cam over Carr....

this doesn't make me feel better

I'm starting Cam (in superflex), since he's playing the Falcons. He got crushed by Miami but they have a strong defense (if it wasn't already evident by them embarrassing Buffalo). As much as I love Carr, I've watched too many Raiders games this season to trust their o-line or playcalling. They simply can't keep drives alive against strong defenses. Just look at their last game against KC a month ago (https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401326477): only a single drive greater than 5 plays, and it was in garbage time (down 41-14) and they STILL couldn't convert for a TD. Same problem the following week against the Bengals.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Keep two QBs for the rest of the season: Taysom, Tannehill, Tua

What say you?
Think it’s Tannehill and Taysom.

Tannehill is playing weak secondaries the next 3 weeks (Jax, Pit, SF) until week 17 (Miami), but he threw 4 ints against Houston so I don’t know how trustworthy he is.

I think Tua’s the best QB of the 3 and has better WRs, but his oline is garbage. However, He’s got 2/3 soft matchups against mediocre secondaries (jets week 15, maybe titans week 17), but those matchups are going to be harder than Tannehill’s matchup. Tannehill is also much more likely to vulture rushing TDs.

Taysom offers a nice floor with rushing yards/TDs. But nobody knows how he’ll perform with the mallet finger now that he’s practiced with it and has a better splint.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I've got the browns defense, but that team gets more and more covid by the second.

I could pick up:

IND Def v NE
ARI Def @ Det

Either of those seem like a clear upgrade over CLE defense this week?

Arizona seems pretty good.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

RCarr posted:

I’ve been covering this #1 waiver priority for weeks, who should I burn it on?

No point in saving it now.

Post your team, can’t really advise unless we can see your deficiencies.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m between Eagles and Patriots D since both look pretty tasty. Gonna be a day of choice, I think.

Can't go wrong with either, but the Jags keep adding players to the COVID-19 list every day. Also NE's gonna do their best to stomp on the Jags after their last two weeks of brutal losses.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Whoreson Welles posted:

I AM loving CRYING. NAJEE. MY BOY.

Hell yeah fellow Najee buddy :thumbsup: He outscored Landry + Chubb and won me my first championship in my first fantasy season ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

RCarr posted:

Does anyone thing Reek will be worth his draft value? I just cannot trust Tua at all, even though on paper he should feast with Waddle and Hill.

It's not Tua I don't trust, it's his o-line and coaching staff. I'm pretty risk averse, though. If I had to spend a lot of draft capital on a WR, I'd probably only make safe bets (i.e. Davante, Chase, Jefferson) or dip lower than Reek for someone like Pittman (who I expect perform better with Ryan at QB) or even deeper for someone like Bateman (who is going to fill a vacuum left by Hollywood).

van fem fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 18, 2022